Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Poly beach for Wishes?

Read on another thread that the POLY is only allowing POLY resort guests on the beach to watch Wishes. Can anyone confirm or deny that? We'll be staying off site and I have always done this in the past...don't want to waste my time travelling to POLY if we'll be turned away.

And if they are turning them away....is GF a decent alternative? Never done that one.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

This is from Tikiman's website.

Many have noticed that a large part of the main parking lot has been closed. This work was projected to be completed at the end of March but as of April 2 they are still working on it. I have not gotten any confirmation on if the work was completed but it seems to be getting close. I got a report that the lines are painted and the lights are up, just waiting for landscaping. There is an added lane now for returning resort guests near the guardshack but it had not opened yet. Many noticed the temporary signs that were up at the entrance that said that you would not be allowed into the parking lot unless you had a room or dining reservation. The sign was put out because of the lack of room in the parking lot (the east parking lot has been closed since last photo 1-3year) but this policy is not a temporary one. It has always been the policy but up until now was not enforced. I am told this will be enforced from now on along with other limits soon to be enforced much more to limit access to the resort by non-resort guests. Either because of all the people trying to get a look at DVC or because over the last decade misuse of the facilities has increased but they will be limiting the amount of non-resort guests on property. Officially the pool and beach area are off limits to non-resort guests so viewing fireworks from the beach if you are staying else ware may be a thing of the past. There will be fences going up around the pool that you will need to be staying at the Polynesian to gain access. Some people recently drove to the Polynesian and asked if they could shop and eat at Captain Cook’s and they were turned away.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
And if they are turning them away....is GF a decent alternative? Never done that one.
I think the GF is a good alternative. The Poly's view is centered, but further away. The GF (from the dock area) is closer, but off to the side. So the fireworks appear to the left of the castle.

figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: