Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Woo hoo for getting to customize your bands! Hopefully the ticket situation gets sorted out soon!
I'm too excited about the bands, I am that person who is always misplacing their ticket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
I'm totally in! I have always wanted to go in the fall or really anytime when the Christmas decorations are out, but unfortunately I can't, because of work. So I will live vicariously through your trip report when you get back! I'm also a huge New York nut, so I'm super jealous of your weekend trip!

Thanks for following along! I'm so glad I can go to Disney pretty much whenever, I have a super flexible work schedule. Hopefully my trip report will not disappoint! I <3 NYC, I wish it wasn't so expensive i would go way more often!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
JessM
We all have a dream

Tickets are all Linked!

I called Disney again today, I was on hold for an hour but they finally got my parent's tickets linked Can I just say how much I love and hate the Disney hold music? Hello Soarin Score stuck in my head the rest of the day!

I was able to copy over my FP+ reservations so it worked! MDE wasn't functioning completely today so we are going to finalize our plans tomorrow, then I will share them with all of you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
JessM
We all have a dream

Day 1 Plans! With FP+!

Day 1 Plans!

Travel and Epcot Day!

The plan today is to get up and get my butt to work early! Hopefully around 7am to finish up some last minute things before heading home around 9:15am!

My parents are going to meet me at my condo where they will leave their car for the rest of the week. After a teary good bye to baby Baxter and weíll grab a taxi to the airport to begin our adventure.

Baxter while I was packing for Disney last year.

We are flying SW (first time out of our home town!) and we take off at 11am. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and weíll land in Orlando at 5pm!

We are checking bags so my Mom and I will stop and grab those off the carousel while my Dad goes and picks up the rental car from Dollar.

Before long we will see this!

Then its straight to POP!

We love POP and this is our 5th or 6th time staying here. I requested the
50ís section so hopefully we will get our requests! Itís the only section I donít think Iíve stayed in yet.

Pictures of POP from a trip back in HS

Hopefully we will be checking in around 6:30pm : )
After we check in weíll drop our bags and head straight out to Epcot!

We will most likely drive over.

If we get extremely lucky timing wise weíll be visiting the Character Spot with FP+ between 6-7pm. What better way to kick off the trip then by meeting the main Mouse himself!

Next up we have FP+ for TT between 7-8pm, none of us have been on the new ride yet so Iím excited!

My Dad and I will most likely ride MS before we hit up Soarin with FP+ between 8-9pm.

This plan may end up just being my Mom and I as I wouldnít be surprised if my Dad runs to see the CP, whatever more rides for us!
We may try to ride Living with the Land or Nemo are Soarin before we grab a spot for Illuminations around 9:15pm for the 9:30pm show!

If this all works out I might be a FP+ believer! Haha, but seriously getting to pre-book two of Epcotís best rides for a late arrival is awesome!
We may stop into the Dueling Pianos bar at the Boardwalk before calling it a night, I really want to take my parents but weíll probably be wiped out!

Dueling Pianos last year

It will be off to bed when we get back to the hotel to prep for our first full day!

Spencer still hasn't decided if he will join us for the trip at all yet, no one wants to be the first one at a new job to go on vaca! If he does join us he'll be flying in tonight around 9:30pm and be taking DME to POP! I hope he can join us but its not looking promising right now
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Oh I totally hope you get to check out JellyRolls!! I have planned to go on both of my previous trips and the first time, we got stuck in a torrential downpour in Downtown Disney, even with a poncho on I got totally soaked because the rain was hitting the ground so hard that it bounced up underneath the poncho. So I was in no mood at that point.

The second time we were just too exhausted from our long day. It was over 90 that day in March, which was a record high for Florida that day!

I hope it works out for you and then you can report back on how it went!
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Holy cow, you're actually working on travel day? No way I could do that.

Haha, I love those POP pictures. I just sat here giggling at how far away you are in the pics. It does give a good perspective of the size of the icons though.

Sounds like a good first day. Admittedly, the ability to pre-book a FP for late is quite cool. I tended to do that a lot. Go to one park in the morning when the waits are low before heading to another with FP's already in hand. From that perspective I do like the FP+.

I sure do hope Spencer gets to meet you there, but I fully get not wanting to take vacation so early in a job. Still hoping it somehow works out.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Oh I totally hope you get to check out JellyRolls!! I have planned to go on both of my previous trips and the first time, we got stuck in a torrential downpour in Downtown Disney, even with a poncho on I got totally soaked because the rain was hitting the ground so hard that it bounced up underneath the poncho. So I was in no mood at that point.

The second time we were just too exhausted from our long day. It was over 90 that day in March, which was a record high for Florida that day!

I hope it works out for you and then you can report back on how it went!
I hope it works out too! Spencer and I went for a little bit with one of his friends that was working at the Boardwalk at the time but we didn't get to stay long. We don't have any good dueling pianos bar around us and I know my parents will love it! I definitely report back and try to get some more pictures if we get a chance to go!

90 degrees in March?! That must have been crazy! I like to go to Disney when its a little cooler than that. My Northeast self might melt at that temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Holy cow, you're actually working on travel day? No way I could do that.

Haha, I love those POP pictures. I just sat here giggling at how far away you are in the pics. It does give a good perspective of the size of the icons though.

Sounds like a good first day. Admittedly, the ability to pre-book a FP for late is quite cool. I tended to do that a lot. Go to one park in the morning when the waits are low before heading to another with FP's already in hand. From that perspective I do like the FP+.

I sure do hope Spencer gets to meet you there, but I fully get not wanting to take vacation so early in a job. Still hoping it somehow works out.
Every hour of vacation is precious haha! I'm hoping to get away with only using 24 hours work of vaca for this trip so I need to make some hours up somewhere! Plus I'm just a wreck if I'm sitting at home before i leave, packing, checking, repacking, its terrible

Haha you can thank my Mom for those gems. I told her you couldn't see me but she insisted on getting the icon. Her photography skills are why we get photopass now

We did the same thing with our FP+. We normally hop so I tended to book our FP+s for our second park of the day. I'm hoping standby lines won't be too bad if we hit RD at our first park of the day. We shall see!

I hope it works out with Spencer too, he's going to have to make a decision sometime next week to get some airfare down there, we'll see!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #22
TeamMMom
Earning My Ears

Coming along for your PTR ride!

Hi from a fellow Mainer! I enjoyed your Dec 2012 TR and am looking forward to following your PTR. I'm hoping to make my DH a believer on our first family trip!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMMom View Post
Hi from a fellow Mainer! I enjoyed your Dec 2012 TR and am looking forward to following your PTR. I'm hoping to make my DH a believer on our first family trip!

Thanks for following along! I hope you are having fun planning your first family trip!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
JessM
We all have a dream

Day 2!

Day 2 Plans!
Universal and MVMCP (Hopefully!)

Today will be our first full day in Florida but we arenít starting out at Disney.

The plan is to head over to Islands of Adventure for their 9am opening.

Iím hoping it wonít be too busy today, its been a few years since weíve been at Universal but last time we went in early December there was literally no one there. My friend and I thought we had wandered into places we werenít supposed to be there were so few people around. Iím sure it will be busier than that but hopefully we wonít need the express pass.

The plan is to head over to HP first thing and get on the Forbidden Journey ride. It will be a first for all of us so Iím excited! After we will explore the rest HP has to offer. My Dad and I may ride the Dueling Dragons, weíve done it before it was re-themed to HP. I definitely want to spend some time shopping and try a frozen butterbeer!

I canít wait to see this sight!

After HP world the plan is to walk through Seussville to check out the Christmas stuff and maybe take a spin on a couple of the rides. Iím hoping to pop into the Grinch show (they are playing that again this year right?).

We also want to hit up Spiderman (family favorite) and the Hulk.

I honestly think this is all we will do at IOA. Being December Iím assuming we wonít feel like getting drenched on the water rides and weíve done them all before anyways. No one is into straight drops so Dr Doomís Fearfall holds little interest.

We havenít seen Poisedons Fury is that worth a trip over to see?

Weíve seen Sindbad and have no desire to see that again.

Iím thinking it will still be relatively early when we finish up at IOA so weíll probably upgrade to a park hopper and head over to Universal after.
At Universal Iíd like to get on Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and Transformers if the waits arenít too bad.

I love the minions

I wouldnít mind hitting up Men in Black, ET, and Revenge of the Mummy. Iíd like to think Iím brave enough to try Rip Ride Rocket but weíll see.

None of us are into the Simpsons and Iím honestly a little scared to go on the new ride over there. Itís the same ride cars as the old Back to the Future right? Thatís the only ride that has ever made me want to die haha.

We are going to aim to head out of Universal around 4pm. I honestly think this will be doable, my mom gets motion sick and doesnít like the big coasters. Sheís determined to do HP once but Iím not sure if sheíll make it on Spiderman or Transformers. Spiderman didnít treat her too well a few years ago. We donít want her sitting around waiting for us all day so weíll so what she can do or what has a short wait and go from there.

Mainly we want to explore HP and get a butterbeer. Expensive but my Mom wants to go and Iím excited to do some different rides for the day, should be fun!

Iím hoping tonight Iíll be off to MVMCP!

My plan is to not buy tickets until the day of so I hope it doesnít sell out! We may end up waiting to stay at Universal til their 8pm closing, I doubt it but maybe!

If all goes according to plan weíll be back at Disney around 5:30pm from Universal, Iím going to change quickly and head out to MVMCP!

Iím hoping to be there by 6:15pm so I can get in line for #1 priority characters, Rapunzel and Flynn!

My must doís for the party are meeting Rapunzel and Flynn, Mickey and Minnie, Holiday Wishes, the Parade, and see Celebrate the Season.

Rapunzel and Flynn, and whoever is with them (7pm-7:20pm). I'm honestly so excited for this, I want to meet Flynn Ryder so bad!!

Me and Rapunzel on my last trip, she's my favorite princess by far.

I want to spend 7:30pm til 9ish visiting the characters around Fantasyland. Iím hoping to find Peter Pan and Wendy, Cinderalla Crew, Pooh and Friends, and Scrooge.

If by some miracle the Dwarves have a short line Iíll hop in but Iím not counting on it!

Around 9pm Iíll head over to the hub to find a spot for Holiday Wishes!
9:30pm Holiday Wishes will start! I plan on hanging around the hub after Wishes until the Celebrate the Season Show at 10:05pm!

After the show Iím hoping to just stick around for the second parade. If I canít find spot around the hub Iíll head over to Liberty Square.

Iím hoping somewhere around these 3 shows Iíll be able to run down and meet Mickey and Minnie, if not Iíll hit them up on the way out!

After the second parade I think Iíll head up through Adventureland possibly stopping in at the Aladdin gang or Capt Jack if the lines arenít too long.

Weíll probably end the night with some rides on BTMRR!

I think this will be my plan for now, its hard because thereís so much I want to do but I donít want to criss cross the park too much. That seems like it would be a waste of time.

This plan is probably a little too ambitious but we'll see how it goes!

Whatís everyone elseís game plans for MVMCP?

Iím really hoping this works out because Iím a Christmas freak. Iíve been to the party once before but it was long time ago, I do remember having a lot of fun though!

It will be a long day but the next day I plan on sleeping in a bit!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #25
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Ah that stinks you have to go to work on your travel day!

Your first day sounds fun, and great that you can use FP+ to ride the headliners so late in the day!

Your second day sounds great too! I hope you are able to attend MVMCP like you want to!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ha, your comments about Universal pre-Potter brought make memories. I remember going there in 2006 and walking around and seeing absolutely no one! Kinda spooky.

Obviously you're gonna love the HP area and Forbidden Journey. I really wish I could see it again for the first time, it really is that good.

I've seen Poseidon's Fury and that's a tough call. If you had loads of free time I'd say maybe give it a shot. But the show times can be inconvenient and it's probably the worst queue ever made. There are some neat effects inside if they're working, but I'd never call it a must do. If you have other things to do, I'd say skip it.

Minion Mayhem is great, but it's a low capacity ride so it can get long waits. I hope you get to see it because I really loved it. The Mummy I wouldn't miss. Love that thing.

Yeah, Simpsons is similar style to Back to the Future. Still fun though, but it does take a while even with no line.

Good call on MVMCP tickets if you're not sure you'll make it. And REALLY good call to get in line for your #1 priority before the party starts. I plan to watch Holiday Wishes that night too... but from the Poly Beach, lol, after spending the day in MK.

I think most of your game plan is pretty doable. If you can get through the princess M&G not too long after 7, you should have a good amount of time to do all you mentioned, especially during the first parade. The Dwarfs will probably be tough, but the rest might be ok. I'm still curious if they'll bring out Jack and Sally since they are Christmas themed too. That could take away some of the lines for the Prince/Princesses and Dwarfs.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Ah that stinks you have to go to work on your travel day!

Your first day sounds fun, and great that you can use FP+ to ride the headliners so late in the day!

Your second day sounds great too! I hope you are able to attend MVMCP like you want to!
Working is a bit of a bummer on travel day but I'd rather save the vacation time so its all good by me!

I'm very optimistic about FP+, I like the idea of pre-booking headliners for late in the day, I'm excited to test it out!

I hope MVMCP works out too. Its such a short trip, but I want to jam it all in, who needs sleep or rest haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Ha, your comments about Universal pre-Potter brought make memories. I remember going there in 2006 and walking around and seeing absolutely no one! Kinda spooky.

Obviously you're gonna love the HP area and Forbidden Journey. I really wish I could see it again for the first time, it really is that good.

I've seen Poseidon's Fury and that's a tough call. If you had loads of free time I'd say maybe give it a shot. But the show times can be inconvenient and it's probably the worst queue ever made. There are some neat effects inside if they're working, but I'd never call it a must do. If you have other things to do, I'd say skip it.

Minion Mayhem is great, but it's a low capacity ride so it can get long waits. I hope you get to see it because I really loved it. The Mummy I wouldn't miss. Love that thing.

Yeah, Simpsons is similar style to Back to the Future. Still fun though, but it does take a while even with no line.

Good call on MVMCP tickets if you're not sure you'll make it. And REALLY good call to get in line for your #1 priority before the party starts. I plan to watch Holiday Wishes that night too... but from the Poly Beach, lol, after spending the day in MK.

I think most of your game plan is pretty doable. If you can get through the princess M&G not too long after 7, you should have a good amount of time to do all you mentioned, especially during the first parade. The Dwarfs will probably be tough, but the rest might be ok. I'm still curious if they'll bring out Jack and Sally since they are Christmas themed too. That could take away some of the lines for the Prince/Princesses and Dwarfs.
Universal used to be so dead and empty. No wonder they spent all that money on HP!

I'm pumped about the HP section, I love the movies and am that person who re-reads the book every couple years. I've heard its extremely well done so I'm excited.

I think we will skip Posidons Fury, its doesn't seem that worth it. I hope we can get on the Minions but I'm not going to wait in line forever for it, its not that important. I've heard the capacity is dreadful so we'll see how that goes!

I'm definitely hoping to have time for the Mummy I did that last time I was at Universal, it was great! We actually had no idea what it even was the first time we went so we were in for quite the surprise haha. It was great!

I think I'm going to steer clear of the Simpsons. I did Back to the Future with a friend of mine with a stomach of steel and we both felt queesy afterwards, I don't know what it was.

I'm hoping MVMCP won't be sold out that night. For what its worth TPs has it as one of the least crowded Friday parties but we'll see. My parents will probably think I'm nuts getting in line that early for Rapunzel but I don't want to miss too much party time waiting for her and Eugene!

The Dwarves would be cool but definitely aren't a priority so I won't be heartbroken if I miss them. The problem with bringing Jack and Sally to MVMCP is that I would want to meet them too haha!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
JessM
We all have a dream

Day 3 Plans!
Epcot and MK Day!

The plan this morning is to sleep in a little bit but weíll probably still be up and over to Epcot near the 9am opening.

<3 Epcot

I didnít get to spend much time here on our last trip so Iím SO excited to be back!

I didnít book any FP+ for Epcot because I wanted to save them for the MK in the evening. Plus, we will hopefully be riding TT and Soarin on Thursday and those are the most important ones!

The plan for the morning is maybe grab FP- if any are left for Soarin and head over to Sum of All Thrills. Iíve never down this before so Iím hoping we can get over there before the line backs up. We also may try to ride TT again using the Single Rider line. After that weíll finish up anything we may have missed in Future World Thursday night before heading over to World Showcase. Iíd also like to hit the gospel show theyíve been doing in Future World the past few years.

I would like to spend the majority of the afternoon exploring WS. This is something we normally save for the evenings, but I have a confession! I feel like I canít see anything in WS at night, I love the ambiance but its too dark for me to feel like I can see anything haha. Its like that for me not just at Disney but everywhere.

I recently decided to be Jasmine for the Enchanted 10K in February so Iíd like to catch Aladdin and Jasmine meeting in WS so I can get some more ideas for my costume. I only have my bottoms picked out so far. Iíd also like to try and meet Belle over in France as well.

Iíd also like to take in a few Holiday Storytellers at some point. We havenít seen any of the films in WS in a long time so Iíd like to stop in to see a couple of those as well.

Must Doís for Epcot are:
ē Meet Jasmine and Aladdin
ē Experience Sum of all Thrills

Holiday Must Doís:
ē See at least 2 Holiday Storytellers
ē Take in the Gospel Show in Future World (Iím blanking on the name)

The plan is to head out of Epcot early afternoon and head back to POP for little break.

Around 4pm weíll head out to the MK!

Iím assuming weíll arrive around 5ish. The plan is to head over to BTMRR for our FP+ reservation between 6pm-7pm(my Momís all time favorite ride!). After BTMRR (or before) weíll probably hit up Pirates (my Dadís favorite, he missed it last trip!)

If we have time weíll hit up the Jingle Cruise (yay Christmas overlay!!!)
Before switching gearing and heading over to Tomorrowland for the end of our Buzz FP+ window (7pm-8pm).

I am terrible at this ride but its still fun!

After Buzz we may do the People mover or the Laugh Floor before using our FP+ reservation for Space (8-9pm).

Anyone remember this gem from my last trip?! Haha.

I wasnít quite sure how to book our FP+s for MK this day. I didnít want to criss cross across the park too much and I wanted to get everyoneís favorites in on our first MK day. So I settled on BTMRR for my Mom and weíll stop at Pirates for my Dad before or after. After finishing up in Adventureland I figured it would be easiest to head over to Tomorrowland since the Dessert Party is over there and I love SM! We probably wonít need a FP for Buzz but it will probably save us a 20min wait and I wasnít sure what else to book, so it works! I may switch this out for the Jingle Cruise if the holiday layover is super popular.

Moving on around 9pm weíll head over to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party at 8pm!

OMG my Mom and I love the Dessert Party! We are total sweets people and we love the view. Hopefully it warm!

I love Wishes SO much I canít wait to see the show again, and Celebrate the Magic!

After Wishes weíll probably wander through Tomorrowland to Fantasyland doing whatever catches our fancy. Iím assuming Disney will add a second Main Street Electrical Parade and extended closing til 12am, so Iím hoping to catch the 2nd parade from Liberty Square, before calling it a night.

I just love the MSEP!

Goals for MK:
*Have Fun!
*See Wishes!

Honestly I have no expectations for what we might be able to do tonight at MK, last year it was only really busy on Main Street but we'll see! Either way I'll see my loves Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
JessM
We all have a dream

MagicBands!

By the way sorry for the lack of updates everyone! Life has been extremely busy, I am so ready for vacation!

I'm officially 27 days out today and literally can not wait!

I just got back from a work trip to Bloomington IL, it was weird to fly and not be going on vacation. It made me that much more excited for vacation! Plus my hotel room smelled like cookies, like Disney bake shop cookies, it was cruel!

Anyways so when I got home from my little trip my Magic Bands had arrived!

Aren't they pretty!

I'm pretty excited about these. I'm always misplacing my ticket or room key, I can't wait to wear them on my wrist!

On another note, Disney finally got around to inviting me to test MyMagic+ last week

Twice!

Haha I thought it was too funny that I literally got two snail mail invitations 2 weeks after I'd already made my FP+ selections. Oops : )

27 Days! I can't wait!!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #30
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY for Epcot. I think if you get to SUM early you should be fine as should TT single rider. Was for me anyway.

I know exactly what you mean about WS at night. It really is hard to take in any of the detail. It's still pretty, but so hard to see.

The Holiday storytellers is something I'm interested in as well. I've heard that Mexico and Norway have the best, but I'm sure everyone's opinion is different.

Good call on using your FP+ for MK. I think it'll be really busy that night with the late close making the desert party even better. I'm also hoping for some park hour extensions.

Hey Jess, for the orange MB in the picture, it doesn't look like it has the black border. Is that correct?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: