Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
Aladora
DIS Veteran

DH (38) and I (41) are gamers. We played EQ1 for years and I only gave up when I got pregnant with DS and found that playing made me feel queasy. The EQNext announcement got us all exited about playing again so while we wait the 18+ months until it is released, we are playing DDO.

WDW next year maybe?
Aladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
SleepyMom
DIS Veteran

My DBrother and his DWife (48 and 49) play daily, so much so that they each have their own PS3. I think they play Call of Duty mostly, but throw others in there too. My Dniece (19) still lives at home with them and she also has her own PS3. They can each have their own TV that way, yet still play together.

DH and I are in our 40's too, we have 2 game systems in the house, but usually only play when one of our DD's is home. Sadly, I am not much of a gamer... it actually makes me sleepy to play. I have been told by DD's many times to "pay attention" or "keep up" My favorite was when younger DD said "Mom, wake up! I am tired of dragging you from room to room!" Oops!

NEXT UP... Moving youngest DD to WDW for her DCP, August 2014!!! January 2014 - 15 people seeing the World! Jan 2013 ~ Birthday trip for DD Oct 2011 ~ Mother/youngest DD, DSisIL & DNiece Jan 2011 ~ Mother/oldest DD trip May 2010 ~ Surprise Trip!!!
February 2009 ~ Girls Trip ~ SIL, DNiece, 2DD's and me! 10/07 Our family of 4 and Brothers family of 5 6/05 Family trip - DL & DCA
11/04 Mother/youngest Daughter trip - WDW 9/02 Family trip - US/IOA, SW & DC, WDW 12/99 Family trip - WDW & SW
7/91 First Family trip - DL
SleepyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #33
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

I love MMOS! I am in my 50s and started playing those maybe 10 years ago. Now I have been playing EQ2 for last 3 years. I am the leader of the 3rd largest guild in that game. It is a 21 or over guild and we range from 21 to 80! LOL Love it!
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #34
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Count me in! Although I'm not 30 yet! I'm mostly a console RPG gamer.

I'm going through a pretty hard dry spell ATM. I'm mostly soaking up all the information I can get about Dragon Age Inquisition. Waiting for The Witcher 3, Infamous: Second Son, and Cyber Punk 2077. I thought the last Tomb Raider was amazing.

I played the Neverwinter Beta and really enjoyed it. My friend wants me to start playing that new FF MMO. Not sure about that one though.

Last edited by aaarcher86; 09-08-2013 at 05:21 PM.
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #35
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Almost 47 here, and have been playing MMORPG's since before the internet, courtesy of U.S Videotel consoles. That was only Houston-Dallas based. Then the internet opened a whole wonderful world... Played EQ for the better part of a decade, EQ2 for several years, and a whole host of others like Aion and Rift here and there. Currently playing Neverwinter Online while hanging all my life's gaming hopes on EQ Next.

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #36
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

The main game I play is WoW, I have played since the day it was released. I also love the Zelda games, Team ICO games, Final Fantasy games, Ratchet and Clank games, Silent Hill games etc. DH and I are looking into getting Disney Infinity but I'm not so sure about it, I do think DD would love it though!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #37
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

62 here, and a PC gamer. I love Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 -- it's painful that the persistent worlds for those are disappearing! Also a big Bethesda fan, although Oblivion didn't thrill me the way their previous offerings did. I have big hopes for Skyrim, though, now that I finally have a box that will run it. I still play the reboot of Baldurs Gate, and the remake of Baldurs Gate 1 in NWN2 is awesome!

My favorites are RPG and FPS, but I'm odd because I do NOT like FPS on line. Too much twitch play. And MMOs aren't for me either until they get away from the World of Warcraft paradigm of tank, DPS, and healer, because that just ain't how fighting really works.

Deaver Tex Mrs. Tex Tex Jr.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #38
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

My surgeon & his interns couldn't stop laughing last January when they saw me playing my DS in bed. They teased me a lot! I'm 67. I play it because it makes me think.

I had an NG tube, and I needed all the fun I could think of!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #39
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
What don't you like about Sims3?

I'm 56 and have played The Sims since it first came out with 1, then 2, and now 3. Love, love, love playing and spend way too much time at it.

I don't plan to get sucked in to buying Sims4 though, I've spent enough $$ on 3 and just don't want to spend $$ on the next level.

I also love playing Mario on the Wii, and tennis/bowling, and carnival games.
First, I'll say that I love the scenery and the expansion packs are great.

I just don't like the look of the sims and the whole open world was too overwhelming for me to get in to it. I would try and play for a little while, then I would play some Sims 2 and realize that I just love the game play of Sims 2 more and never really went back to Sims 3. I'm more of a cartoony Sims player and I just love the sillyness of Sims 2.

Since I've been a Sims fan from the beginning, I still buy all of the expansion packs just to have for my collection. I know that's bad.

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

2014 Reading Challenge
Currently Reading Book #1 - The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #40
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Think avg age of a gamer is 38 and rising. ps3 battlefield 42 dh, we all play the wii together.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #41
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Over 50 and still playing. We have an X-Box 360 and Wii U. I have a high end racing cockpit setup for racing games and simulations. My Wife likes Skyrim, New Vegas, Bayonetta, Resident Evil etc. We have 2 big screen TVs in the garage lounge so one can play while the other watches television.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #42
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

35 and love my Wii, xbox, and 3ds.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

DH (36) plays quite a bit. I like to watch, and occasionally help him out. He just finished Pikmin 3 (twice), which was cute, but not as good as previous games.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #44
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
Over 50 and still playing. We have an X-Box 360 and Wii U. I have a high end racing cockpit setup for racing games and simulations. My Wife likes Skyrim, New Vegas, Bayonetta, Resident Evil etc. We have 2 big screen TVs in the garage lounge so one can play while the other watches television.
Well that is super sweet!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #45
LiLIrishChick63
I must have glitter in my skin because no matter where i go, glitter seems to follow
Totally fan-girled it for a minute
*led the Tag Fairy revival!*

my father is in his 60s and still plays video games! lol mostly hockey, he's been a huge hockey fan all his life, but he plays some RP games once in a while, as well.

DH and i have the Wii system and we've played tons of games on it. since having my DS a few months ago that's slowed down considerable lol but yeah...we still love video games, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: