Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #16
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I'm not quite 30 yet, but I play WoW on and off (depends when my raid group is actually active), I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf all summer on my 3DS, and I'm looking forward to Pokemon X and Y. I've also been playing Civ V and Diablo 3 sporadically since those each came out, which has been a while now...

I was much more into TV-based consoles when I was in college, these days I stick to handhelds and my computer.

Additionally - at "not quite 30" I'm the youngest person in my raid team in WoW, lol. Our main tank is 68. He's a cool dude too.
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

35 here (until later this month!) And playing Sims 3 (Spent years on Sims 1 and 2), Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and just about any mario game I can get my hands on for the wii and 3ds and the old ds.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #18
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

I'll be 34 next week and I still play video games. I play Sims 2, I don't like Sims 3 but I'm looking forward to Sims 4.

We have Wii and PS3 and pre-ordered the PS4.

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #19
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

DH and I are in the 40+ crowd and play video games. We have played Everquest 1 & 2, StarWars, WoW, FFly, MineCraft, Aion...I am sure there are more. We are big Nintendo fans and are playing Wii right now...lol... DH's cousin and his new GF (20 somethings) came over for dinner, over 8 hours ago, and are still hanging with us. I *might* be getting too old for this.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I'm 37 and play video games. I just bought a SNES so I could play all my old faves. My daughter plays as well as my boyfriend so there's usually one of us playing something with others watching and critiquing : D
Old 09-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

48 here and I play when I have time. Right now not really playing just dabbling. I need the PS4.

If I sit down to play I will play Skyrim or Left for Dead on the 360 or on the Wii I Mario Party 8 is always fun.

My dd's have now almost shunned console gaming and play everything online now. I have to say that it is probably the way to go since my other dd who plays Skyrim can upgrade and it is just cooler on the laptop. I do have to say console games are a ripoff in that respect.

My sibs are gamers too. It is genetic I think. My dad was playing bridge online with others with dial up in 1990.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #22
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Late 40s here and I play. Loved Warhawk until our ps3 died. Now I am playing Gears of War3, things like king of the hill or capture the leader. Usually with my dh. I play Wiiu Mariokart with my siblings online( my sister cheats!)
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #23
Adipoo
Mouseketeer

Almost 60 and I have been playing EQ2 for 9 years. The game isn't quite what is used to be (so easy now) and I'm giving myself some time off from raiding, but I still like doing all my daily tasks, unfinished quests, and decorating my guild hall and houses. I believe that video games/word games keep one sharp in the brain department.

Really thinking about getting a new console system.

We travel not to escape life, but to have life not escape us.
Adipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
I'll be 34 next week and I still play video games. I play Sims 2, I don't like Sims 3 but I'm looking forward to Sims 4.

We have Wii and PS3 and pre-ordered the PS4.
What don't you like about Sims3?

I'm 56 and have played The Sims since it first came out with 1, then 2, and now 3. Love, love, love playing and spend way too much time at it.

I don't plan to get sucked in to buying Sims4 though, I've spent enough $$ on 3 and just don't want to spend $$ on the next level.

I also love playing Mario on the Wii, and tennis/bowling, and carnival games.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

50 and love playing NCAA Football on the PS3. Been playing the franchise since the mid-90s.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
tasha99
DIS Veteran

I'm 46 and play Sid Meier's Civilization (usually III). I still enjoy text based games and Atari, but it's been 10 years since I've played any of those kinds of games.
tasha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #27
Cavy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
54, and playing SWTOR. My game buddies and I started out with WoW, moved on to SWTOR, then Guild Wars 2, then back to WoW, then back to SWTOR.

We're probably gonna try Star Trek Online soon. Anyone playing that?
Haven't played consistently in a couple of years, but I will occasionally. The DH and I also enjoy SWTOR, and I will play WoW sometimes. He's been playing EQ.

We used to play a lot of console games, but we never even bought the last gen (PS4, XBOX 360), and no plans to buy the new ones. We've pretty much moved exclusively to PC gaming.

The dog and I are walking to Disney World!
Cavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #28
Minniemoomoo
Mouseketeer

Ii am 52 DH is 58. We have all consoles and many games. We actually played Disney Infinity until 1:00 am the last 2 days! Yesterday we played for 6 hours!!! We LOVE all the graphics and versatility. I played all the Viva Piñata games. He prefers the shooting games like lost Planet and Rainbow. He plays those with our adult DS who lives an hour away by online play! I play the Disney Princess games with our DGD.
Minniemoomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
maelstrom
DIS Veteran

My husband is 27 (28 in January) and he still loves his video games and I don't see that stopping. His favourite is the Call of Duty series, but he also plays Gran Turismo, the GTA series, Tomb Raider, Max Payne, Just Cause, etc... at least recently. He used to be big on Warcraft but he hasn't played that since we first started dating.

Next Trip: May 2013 at Port Orleans French Quarter

Got Married! October 1, 2011 in Atlantic City!
maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #30
BillSears
DIS Veteran

54 and a PC gamer. All sorts of game like first person shooters, MMOs, RPGs(my favorites) and strategy games.

I just finished up the Tiny Tina's add-on for Borderlands 2 and it was great. Right now I'm working through some of the Steam Summer Sale games I bought. I'm playing The Adventures of Van Helsing, a cute Diablo clone.
CR-77, Travelodge(DTD)-81, Poly-92, SOG-96, Offsite-97, ASMu-98, POR-03, Vistana Resort-04, WL-Sept 2006! CSR-December 2006, Pop-May 2007(first solo trip!), CSR-Sept 2007(Solo trip), and offsite-May-2008 visited Universal, SeaWorld, KSC and a couple of days at WDW. WL-March 2009 I turned 50 in WDW! May-10 Pop, Oct 2010- Pop for first F&W, Dec 2010-Pop for Christmas stuff, May 2011-POFQ. Pop Aug -14, Pop Sept-14, Pop Dec-14 and Pop May-15! Trip report from 1997:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip....97/sears97.htm
BillSears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: