Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #1441
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
The DS was built in 2007 for the Year of a Million Dreams and included this suite as a give-away. Can you imagine if you were a lucky winner? Oh wait! Kristy (littlenellbell) was!! The promotion continued into 2008 due to the popularity. Although Year of a Million Dreams which turned into Two Years and 2 Million Dreams concluded, the suite is still awarded as a prize.
I was really surprised to find out that the dream suite is less than seven years old. I thought that it was built for Walt Disney himself to stay in when he visited WDW. But now that I've seen how ornate it is, I can see that it wasn't set up for him. What was there before this one?

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #1442
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

My second cousin won four nights in the DS two years ago! I was insanely jealous.
Man oh man. It's absolutely stunning! Every single detail is fantastic! I'm with Mary Ellen, more! More! Hehe

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #1443
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

How awesome!!! I just love it so far! I cannot imagine being lucky enough to win a night there.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #1444
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Yea, Yea, Yea...dream suite tour!

I think if I ever got to stay there, I would have to stay up all night taking pictures and making sure that I got to take it all in. Who could calm down enough to sleep???

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #1445
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure what type of camera the guy had but it had some wacky contraption that takes three shots at once for some reason... he explained it but it's lost on me. (if someone blinks they have an overlay photo or something like that.)
I'm going to guess that he either has his camera set up to take three consecutive shots at 3 different exposure settings (did he use the term "bracketing"?) to process it later for creating HDR photos (those are the pictures that look like paintings so to speak) or he's taking three straight foward consecutive shots just so he could merge them or overlay them on photoshop. Either way, I'm very jealous that he got to photograph the DS!

Yay! We made it in! Not sure how comfortable I would be if I were the CM having to sit at that desk for a prolonged period of time. The space feels a bit tight. Hope they have good wifi signal in there for the CM

I think it's a good thing Disney limits who gets to use the DS even for celebrities. We definitely don't want Bieber going in there and trashing the place.

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #1446
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! You are inside! Loved the update. Thank you for being so descriptive with everything you remember. I was very surprised to read that they don't rent the suite out when it is not being given away. It's not like Disney to miss out on a financial opportunity. Can't wait to read more.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #1447
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Thanks for sharing all the detail! I too have wondered if it's a giveaway for us commoners but can be reserved by celebs. Tom Cruise was the one that came to mind for me too!

2 CMs at our beck and call? I suppose I could get used to that!

Looking forward to more!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #1448
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Yeah! You are in! Waiting for more...
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #1449
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Teaser!!!!!!!!!!! Still, the entry is amazing!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more. I love that it's rarely used or offered, as it should be. Makes it that much more special but I too am a bit shocked it's only been around 7 years!

Quote:
I won't run in the dark... I run on my treadmill at home before I do that. In fact, I run more on my treadmill than outside. I know that makes no sense. We have Back Bay Newport Beach across the street from where we live but I still mostly run on a treadmill. But I run faster and longer on the trails. Go figure.
Impressive!!!!!! I can't do the treadmill. The dreadmill. I seriously am convinced I am going to fall off. I'm an outside girl though anyway, I don't think I could run if it was only treadmill. Part of it is that I run with my glasses on, but don't use them in the gym. The screens really bug me on the treadmill as they are just slightly blurry and then I feel disoriented (not that I wasn't already with the whole falling off fear). And, for some reason it really seems to give me shin splints in a way I never get outside. I've tried messing with the settings/incline but have decided that unless there is a snowstorm (and then I'm not driving to the gym anyway!) I'll limit my gym equipment to things I actually enjoy. Which, in the winter does mean my miles go down. Not that they are that high to begin with anyway. No matter what size you are, you can still feel beached and bloated whether you resemble it or not. That's the worst part about the post vacation hangover if you ask me. So worth it at the time but ugh when you get back.

I have to say though, for as much as I despise running in the dark it was amazing the difference 50 degrees and a full moon made. I felt blessed by having blown it off on Sunday, it was almost...lovely out. Actually it was. Plus I could SEE! Probably the first time that I can think of since I started running at night where I actually really and truly enjoyed it. And went farther and made my family eat later as a result.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #1450
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Ah, the post I've been anxiously awaiting Brenda!!! Love getting a glimpse of the Dream Suite. I suppose it used to just be empty space? Crazy! Look forward to seeing more!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #1451
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I have heard that the space was intended to eventually be an apartment for Walt and his family but due to his death it was never built.

It is so beautiful! Wish I could be lucky enough to stay there someday!

Jill in CO
Old 01-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #1452
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Brenda! My heart is racing just reading this! I probably would of hyperventilated and probably been shaking had I been there! I probably wouldn't of even been able to get any clear photos! eeee!!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #1453
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Jill is right, Cindy's suite was originally built as an Apt. for Walt and his family, as well as for the executives of Disney to be able to stay there when needed.

Upon Walt's death (five years before the park was opened) the plans for the apt. were never completed, I've read somewhere it was because Roy didn't have the heart to finish it through knowing Walt would never stay there.

The space was still factored into the plans (as Walt designed it), but instead it was turned into a call center/switch board, where Disney phone operators took calls, and then later it eventually became a dressing room.
The rest is history because as you know in 2007 it became the suite for the Year of A Million Dreams promotion and has been there ever since.

And I couldn't agree more, it shouldn't be easily used for just anything and anyone, otherwise it wouldn't be special and mysterious and coveted by us all.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #1454
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You are killing me, my friend. Just when I think we're really getting into this tour, you tease us with the breezeway and the elevator.

But what a beautiful elevator it is. I just love all of the little details.

I've been meaning to send you a message...but things have been a little hectic with my family.

We can make our ADR's on March 23 for our September trip. Are you, Michael, Mark and I going to have a meal together on one of the two days we overlap?
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #1455
PolkaDotLuggage
Earning My Ears

Hi Just stumbled onto your report and I can't even get past your intro without wanting to steal this "I truly believe that if I don't have a Disney trip to plan my life would be empty and meaningless" ok -- now onto reading all about everything! Can't wait!

PolkaDotLuggage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: