Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #1411
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow! Cynthia you really read though to get caught up. I'm super impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh it's not nothing, you have ponchos to use another time (if you remember to pack them), an extra umbrella that can live in your suitcase should you need it for travel and one always needs another pair of flip flops.

Exactly. That umbrella stays in my Disney suitcase.

That's hysterical. You will be amused when you read about Jeff's rain jacket jaunt from this past trip.

You know I'll be following along to hear about that.

the 12th one could be the ultimate GOOD one though, right?

I like the sound of lucky number 13! But having met Kathy yourself you know how awesome she is.

Princess Brenda you shall be. Less odd had it been over the phone but pretty weird given that it was a live interaction and she was younger. You must have just been oozing princess qualities of some sort.
She was younger than my kids and I'm clearly not a young 'un so it was odd. I know she was being sweet so what can you do?

First line of defense; a kid with quick reflexes. Second line of defense; bike shorts. It worked well!

It may be one of the best, if not the best, in the WS...such a different view since you are low and on the water.

It was a great view! Our first time seeing Illuminations on that side of WS as a matter of fact.

We had that issue this trip. Not that I necessarily thought it was EMH, or had even checked a thing, or park hours but it was the holiday week and in general all hours were late. 9pm closure caught us very much off guard. Of course this is all because we went OFF PLAN.. It did make me double check park hours after that though!

Wow! I would have though the park closed at the earliest 10 during the holiday week. Being the uber planner that must have been an "I told you so" moment going off plan!

I don't think it's silly at all! Many of the best moments are the unscheduled, unplanned spontaneous little ones.

Thanks! I agree.

Shame on me is right. I confess to following no dining reviews these days, someday, in my dreams, when I am caught up on my subscriptions...then maybe. I really love them though!

Shame is such a harsh word. I should have just left it at those who read would already know. I completely get having your subscription list maxed out!

Me too. Because you can never have too many pictures of coffee on the balcony, right?

Given the name of your "coffee on the verandah" TR I'd say you get that.

I'm not sure hats should be off. It's really only to mildly justify the pure gluttony that surrounds the rest of the trip. We managed 2, only 2 runs total this trip...over 10 days. Didn't make a dent in the gluttony!

But you do it! And you don't half heartedly run! You are all in and I'm ever so impressed. Your 2 runs were 2 more runs than mine. I go in phases but I'm getting into an I like to run again phase and not just I really need to lose this 10 lbs so I'll punish myself by running phase! You can afford a little gluttony. You always look fabulous.

However if you do ever decide to attempt it, it is awfully pretty if you figure out a good route! In August though? BLEH, I'd have hit the gym. December was wacky, our first run was 44 degrees out I think (real feel of 39). That was at Boardwalk. I'm wearing a fleece that I'd never planned to run in, and my running gloves which I'd luckily brought for NYE as the forecast looked chilly. A guy goes blazing past me (I am slow) saying "I never thought I'd need my runnning gloves at Disney". Then, 2 days later, at Saratoga it was 70 (with 75% humidity) when we went out to run. I'd worn a tee and really wished I'd chosen a tank.

August is a bit horrid for running and I find any excuse not to on vacation so that one is already built in.

Wow! That was some temperature swing. I'm sure it was lovely running around both Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs.

Crazy!

SO much to say about your MK morning prior to the tour I can't even begin to quote. Magic after magic after magic. BOY does the Mayor have his eye on you! I love your Dooney bag, what a perfect reason to pick that print and layout
Thank you Cynthia!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #1412
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Wow Brenda, What a great day you and Em are having!!!!

I love that first picture with Dean and his wife and you and Em covering your eyes. So cute!! Actually all the pictures are so great, it looks like you are all having such a wonderful time.

OMG!!!! How exciting to get the news that you get to tour the suite!!! I think I might have passed out if someone told me I could go in the suite.

I have read littlenellbell and DisneyJo's TR's about staying in the suite so I know what it looks like but I really can't wait to read about your experience and see what you took pictures of.

I would probably be running around in excitement.

Looking forward to your next update.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #1413
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Oh wow!! You really have connections!!! How do you know all of these people? Well if I'm not being too nosey that is.

What an awesome experience to visit the DreamSuite!!!
Hi Bridget! You are not nosey at all. We met Dean when he worked as the Grand Marshal host and we met the others really from just passing through on Main Street and stopping for photos. Dean knows a lot more people... I may have to start my Dec. TR so I can share more.

Thanks, it truly was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
It appears I returned to the DIS just in time - OH MY GOODNESS, YOU GOT TO TOUR THE DREAM SUITE!!!

I'm all caught up on your trip and dining reports, and will remain on the edge of my seat with the rest of the crowd for your next post(s)! So exciting!
Hi Jenny! You have perfect timing. I'm so glad to see you again! Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Disney View Post
The suspense is killing me but that is the best cliff hanger ever! Just a glimpse...

So excited for the next update.
I hadn't planned that ahead of time but it was the perfect stopping point. I'm just a little bummed that the photo is so blurry.

Thanks and I'm glad you are anxious to read the next part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Every time I read about someone meeting someone that is just dripping with so much Disney history, I just get chills. What an amazing thing to be a part of for so long! God bless these souls that make so much magic for us all to enjoy. I love it!

Oh..and about your one person wave…I must say, once I accomplished this. I used to work for a video-conferencing company and before the conference is set up, you just see yourself on the video. There was a second or so delay so I very successfully did a one person wave. I was far more amused that I should've been. It's the little things.

I am sooooo eagerly anticipating your DS pics!! OMG OMG OMG…what a dream come true! I am in tears and we haven't even gone inside yet!!
Hi Kimmy! Your comment makes me wonder what it would be like if Disney removed so much of the entertainment that makes the park experience so special. We may as well head to Gatorland!

Ha ha! I can totally picture you re-creating the one-person wave.

You are going to have to pace yourself when we get to the next update, I don't want you hyperventilating! You are too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
EEK!!! HOW EXCITING! To just be like, "Hey, would you like to visit the Dream Suite today?" I can't even imagine how ecstatic you were in that moment! And DARN YOU for that teaser!!! Just kidding, I can't wait to see all your posts from inside the suite!
Hi! I had a moment when I thought, "wait, what? Did he ask if we could tour INSIDE the DS?" That was an offer I wasn't going to refuse.

I sure wish I had you and your DH's photo skills that day. Which reminds me... Em thought about running back to our room at YC and getting her Canon 40D camera but she gave up that idea since the lens she had on it would not have done well since it was a macro lens (? or something like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
My goodness does the Mayor love you. Is there a Mrs. Mayor? If not, i'm sure he'd pick you!

Great Dooney purchase. Now you'll always correlate your DS high with the bag

NOOOOO! Hate mail being sent.....now! Very excited for the tour
I do like older men but that's a bit of a stretch! Goodness, if there's a Mrs. Mayor around she needs to keep an eye on her man much better.

I agree, a great little remembrance of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
That's the reason I haven't been on the past few days as well..painting the Master bedroom. One of my New Year resolutions and it's done! Sadly, DH got suckered into my NY resolution. Something he wasn't expecting to be doing
Wow! It's only the 10th of the month and you already have a resolution resolved!

I love new paint smell! I imagine your bedroom looks fabulous! At least you marked something off your resolution list and your DH has a happy wife. I say win-win. Did you have to purchase new bedding too? That was my excuse when we painted the bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Me, too! Me, too!

May I also have a virtual mustang?
Are you sure you don't want one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
The FB group is Disney World Addicts

Brenda, I am all caught up and then some. What a great TR so far! I have popped back through to a few of your past TRs and some of your DRs.

I read about some of your meets with KatMark on her TR, but its so much fun to hear from your side too. And you and your daughter are so beautiful and just seem to have so much fun together enjoying each other's company. awesome! Hope my relationship with my DD (10 now) is that good in 8 years!

You've had a great trip so far, such fun DISMeets.
and
OMG I can only imagine the excitement when you found you were were going to tour Cinderella's suite. Frankly just spending the morning with Dean and all of the fun interactions you had with the Mayor and the Main Street cast members would make it a memorable trip. but the Castle?

the anticipation is building....
It's so funny but I just don't see myself as Disney obsessed. Denial or simply that there's others' worse than me!

Gawsh! Thanks! I like reading the flip side of encounters as well. Kathy and Mark are great people!

I'm definitely blessed that Em and I have such a close relationship and that she wants to travel with me for girl trips.

Exactly! I was happy just getting caught up with Dean and meeting his wife. Truly that would have been enough to make our day special.

Thanks for joining in and following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I’m back and ready to read all about this AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! I can’t believe how excited you guys must have been when you found out, like, I’m pretty sure I would legit cry so so hard, it would be insane!

Great pictures and stories from the meet, MiSi would be such a great backdrop for that experience lol! AAAARRRG SO FREAKING CLOSE SUCH A TEASE RIGHT NOW I AM DYING

But seriously, beyond amazing that this happened and I cannot wait to read all about it!
Welcome back Katt! Your trip went fast. Loved your FB posts from the trip.

I may have cried a little....I think after it was all done and over is when the complete absurdity of what we had just done hit us.

Don't die on me, you won't be able to see the photos!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-11-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #1414
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Hey Brenda, I am beyond jealous that you got to see Cindy's suite. I would love to see it IRL, as I'm sure many others would.

Got to admit, I haven't been keeping up with this and fast-forwarded so I could get to the first part of the tour so now, like a good girl, I will go back and read the rest.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #1415
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Hey Brenda, I am beyond jealous that you got to see Cindy's suite. I would love to see it IRL, as I'm sure many others would.

Got to admit, I haven't been keeping up with this and fast-forwarded so I could get to the first part of the tour so now, like a good girl, I will go back and read the rest.
Joh!! I'm beyond thrilled to see you drop by!! Actually this is more my reaction >>> We miss you and Gary and of course Daniel.

No worries, I know you are a busy gal.

I just noticed your new TR link. I need to pop over and check you out.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #1416
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Ok, Brenda. You have rested enough after all the carpeting laying and painting and work stuff. What is behind the door!!!!!!!! I'm dying here.

Seriously, wish I could get my rear end motivated to do all that. But we just repainted and stuff last year. Right now I am just needing to take down the Christmas decorations. After being on vacation for two weeks I am still trying to catch up on sleep and the DIS. But it will come down today.

Can't wait to see what is in your next update!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #1417
Carable
Mouseketeer

WOW! I, like a previous poster, skipped ahead when I saw Day 8 appear and I am beyond excited to see what's behind that door. AND I'm totally going to be pointing it out to my kiddos when we go there this August. You know so many fabulous Disney people, and it must have been so exciting to be there with them in such a magical place. I will now go back and read the last few days before this waiting not-so-patiently for an update. LOL.

PS...trying to put together a Disneyland Spring Break trip....Jess' twitter updates have me so nostalgic to go back.

DL - '85, '91, '94
WDW - '93, '95, '09 (1st time for kiddos)
May '13 - BLT
April '14 - CBR Pirate Room
Aug '14 POR Royal Room & Cruisin' on the Fantasy

Current TR: Mortimer Walt! A Spring Break Success Story
My 1st PTR/TR...My Deep Descent into Disney Madness...May 2013
Carable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #1418
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

Hi Brenda,
I don't post a lot on the boards, but I had to tell you how wonderful your trip report is!! I can't wait for the next update.
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #1419
PolyLover
Mouseketeer

Brenda, I read your last trip report and LOVED it and admittedly just stumbled upon this new trip! I can NOT wait to see the pictures and read your commentary on the castle suite You two sure know how to do Disney! I was shocked and thrilled for you with the upgrade at the Yacht Club to the Admiral's Suite last trip and now a tour of the castle suite! I can only imagine what your next trip will hold!
2002 Poly, 2004 CBR/Poly, 2005 Poly, 2006 Poly,2007 Poly , 2008 Poly, 2009 Disney Wonder/Poly, 2010 Poly/WL, 2011 Disney Dream, AKL, HGVC, 2012 Poly/YC, 2012 CSR
Jan 3 -7 2013 POLYNESIAN,Spring Break/Easter 2013: CSR, HGVC, AKL Aug 2013 AKL, Oct 2013 Poly Club, March 2014 Poly

PolyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #1420
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I agree! MORE BUSES! We had an all-time record wait last trip after park close. They had personnel coming over and take us to another bus we waited so long. I'm grateful that someone was there to assist though.
I agree! The horrible bus situation at park close is why we seldom saw the fireworks at MK when staying at the BC and never saw Illuminations when staying at WL. Our favorite things to do are walking into Epcot from the BC to watch Illuminations and walking to the beach at WL to see Wishes. It is the best of both worlds.

Deluxe resorts really get a bad deal when it comes to buses.

I think I know where the door to the Dream Suite is, but I'm going to check it out next time we are there. And I'm going to look harder at the castle windows, too. I want to get idea of where everything is in the castle.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #1421
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Wow, the Mayor sure was...handsy!
Loveee your Dooney! I spent about a half hour trying to decide what pattern placement I wanted for mine, so I admire that you were able to pick yours so quickly!
I can only imagine how delightfully overwhelming touring the DS was-- totally understand not getting photos of everything, even though I know you must have really wanted to!
Can't wait for more!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #1422
littlenellbell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Blue"]

Note to anyone interested in reading about someone's experience of actually staying IN the DS. Read littlenellbelle's Boo To You and The Castle Suite Too TR linked in her signature.
That was sweet of you to give my report a shout out!

I'm not going to lie it was absolutely amazing to be able to stay there! But to get an unbelievable surprise tour like you did is just so awesome! Now that I've stayed there, I'm pretty much obsessed with this suite! LOL I know I'll never be able to see it again, so I'm so excited to see your pictures and hear about your experience.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #1423
jmm476
DIS Veteran

You should write suspense novels - you really know how to end a post on a cliffhanger! Haha. Can't wait to read on. What an amazing experience!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #1424
Pimama
Mouseketeer

I hesitate to even comment again since I know you will graciously reply and that will slow you down on getting that next installment in!! But, I wouldn't want to withhold well deserved praise either. I continue to adore your TR and am truly amazed at your people skills, your memory for names makes many CMs happy I'm sure.
Keep it coming! (Now off to check out Rob's new TR, I didn't realize he had started!?)

Pimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #1425
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I miss a few days on the dis and I'm like 10 pages behind here!! Hehehe!

Like everyone else, I can't wait to read more!!!!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: