Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #1366
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I've been lurking long for while both here and on your Dining Report, but I wanted to come out of hiding and say hello!

I love how much fun you and your daughter seem to have together! That's the kind of relationship I hope to have with DD6 someday.

Thanks for the link to Dean's book. I'm always on the lookout for a great Disney read, I'm sure I'll order it soon.

Looking forward to hearing more!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #1367
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I squealed when I saw you posted this! I just cannot imagine the excitement that must have been flowing, following that surprise. Wow, wow, wow.

Thank you for showing us the windows and door! I must check them out next time now that I know what's there.

This is just amazing.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #1368
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Brenda I see your TR posts on the Facebook group and had to pop over & read about your visit to Cinderella's Suite....and of course I have to start at the beginnning!!

Just read your intro, and your Grand Marshall story from a few years back. what a great time and a fun writing style. I'm in.!!! I'm a slow DIS'er...not enough hours in the day for me, but I'll be catching up & commenting as I can.
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #1369
JessM
We all have a dream

Ahhh Brenda, I'm so excited to hear all about the DS tour! It sounds absolutely amazing and I love the reaction pictures, I would have reacted the same way!

I'm ashamed to say I've never met the mayor, even though he seems a bit too frisky I'll have to find him next time

I stay FAR away from the Dooney's for that exact reason. I could easily talk myself into buying one. I'm going to crack soon I know it, they are just SO pretty. I LOVE the one you picked out! I think I'd get the most use out of one that size.
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #1370
annie170
Mouseketeer

Uuuuugggggghhhhhhh!!!!! Please hurry with the next post!

Cute Dooney you selected. I shop the same way. Rationalize and overanalyze every purchase. I'm always checking return policies for my buyers remorse selections.

Um, that mayor is something else. He's kind of lucky you're so good natured.
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #1371
WDW2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Brenda I see your TR posts on the Facebook group and had to pop over & read about your visit to Cinderella's Suite....and of course I have to start at the beginnning!!
Are you all FB friends or is there some super exclusive FB group? I always see people reference FB and get slighly jealous Maybe I should get my butt out of lurker mode and start posting ;-)

Brenda, thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the big reveal. Those pictures with the Mayor were cracking me up. He sure did look feisty!!!

'80/'83/'90 off-site; '93 CBR; '96 ASM; '98 Dolphin; '05 off-site; '09 THV; '10 YC; '12 SSR

WDW2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #1372
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Just a short post to say real life has been crazy lately, but I am still reading along. Thanks for the Disney fun on long days filled with real life. I can't wait to see what is behind that door.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #1373
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Bahaha, love that first PP photo. Too cute. Hide your eyes children!!

Goodness that Mayor Weaver does love you, no doubt.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This whole thing is just incredible Brenda. I mean there's pixie dust and then there's PIXIE DUST!!!!
That is the holy grail right there.

Haha, good luck trying to dance like Barb there Dean.

No hate mail here AT ALL. I actually love the build and we're at least at the crux of it all now, so YAY!!! I think I would be so overwhelmed I would be all over the place in my head.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #1374
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

You're so naughty leaving it there

I bet you know and noticed more things in your DS visit than I took in during my stay
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #1375
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Such a dramatic photo to leave us on! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT.

Ugh. I'm just so excited to see what is to come!!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #1376
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Stay warm! That's some COLD weather! I'm picturing kids all bundled up like the little brother in A Christmas Story who couldn't move in his snow suit. I doubt kids wear snow suits now days.

Since it was sunny and 76 here today I imagine San Diego is similar just so you are aware of the winter temps here. Ok, that's just rubbing it in now.
No joke, that is exactly what my kids look like when they head out the door to school...

DS had to ask me to put his backpack on him this morning because he was too bundled up and couldn't maneuver it. I took pictures of them walking to school today in the snow, not to happy to go back after the 2 1/2 weeks vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 3

When we were posing on Main Street the following moments were captured by our lovely PP photographer:

Love it! I ordered the book on Amazon yesterday, even the reviews made me tear up. This one is going to be a tear jerker I can tell!

The Mayor was once again getting friendly. He tried to pull off the ole kiss on the lips but I narrowly avoided that by my turning my cheek. That was close!

Cheeky! We didn't spend much time on Main Street when went last time, I am looking forward to exploring it more and meeting all of the characters! They look like so much fun!

I believe this is an accurate representation

I think I would have fainted! So exciting!

Beautiful! I have been eyeing a certain D&B bag, but I can't pull the trigger.

Continued Next Post
Can't wait for more of the Castle Suite! Take your time on writing it in several installments, spreads out the things I can put off doing to read TR's.
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #1377
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I read your Plaza review and remember your excitement, but it was so good to see it again. You look like a giddy kid who just got a bag of candy...and who could blame you.

Love all the photos with all of the celebrities.

I can't wait until you rally get into this DS tour.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #1378
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Yay, so exciting and what a perfect picture to leave on! You have had such a great day up to now. I can imagine how you wanted to see and hear everything whilst in there, it really is a once in a lifetime experience.

Ridiculously excited for the next part.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #1379
courtneybelle
DIS Veteran

Oh man, what a flirtatious mayor!

AHHHH I actually had popped over to the Dining Review to read that part, but it's still so exciting to hear about!

I also have a hard time picking among all the different Dooney patterns, but you picked a great one! My mom got a little bag in that pattern as well. I love the carousel and the balloons.

That is such a beautiful mosaic and I am very excited to see what comes next! Such awesome VIP treatment, too. I would expect nothing less from the Mayor of Main Street's true love. Does his jurisdiction reach the castle or is that all Cindy?
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #1380
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Lot of catching up to do!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: