Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #1306
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8 Part 2

Sooo... we had just received a squeeze from the Mayor and we were heading near Plaza Restaurant to meet up with our friend Dean. When we turned the corner to head towards Tomorrowland Terrace we saw Dean and immediately went in for the hugs! We were introduced to his lovely wife Linda. His book was the second thing that I wanted to see (after him of course) so I was able to get a sneak peek, literally! We took several dozen photos but here's a few.

The book has a foreword by Lee Cockerell who is the Executive VP at Disney. If you are going to have anyone endorse your Disney related book, Lee would be very high up on the list.

I've plugged this before but here's a link if anyone is interested in purchasing a copy. I can't recommend this enough. I did have to make use of the box of tissues just so you know....

Edited to note: I've been asked before and to clarify... No, our 2010 Grand Marshal parade experience is not included in this book. In fact, even though Em and I kept showing up on Main Street to say hi to Dean year after year until he retired, he remembered us and that we were his Grand Marshals from Southern California but he did not recall that particular day in August 2010 and selecting us. With over 10,000 Grand Marshals chosen over his 14 years as the GM Coordinator, we blended in with many other faces and families. As I've told Dean, you may not remember selecting us but we remember every moment of that day.

I'm pre-ordering my books:

The Mayor came over to chat and pose with us for photos with our favorite photopass photographer, Alex. He will make an appearance in more installments of this TR so be on the look-out.

Alex - the BEST photopass photographer/entertainer/comedian on Main Street! He borrowed my camera for a selfie!

Group Photo:

We chatted for a while with our pal the Mayor before moving on down Main Street. Since we had cleared our calendar so to speak we had no plans so we enjoyed hanging out with this mini celebrity while he reunited with many of the Cast Members on Main Street including Hildegard, some of the Dapper Dans, and Barb, the driver of our vehicle when we were in the parade in 2010.

Dean headed over to the Entertainment offices so we parted ways arranging to meet up for lunch at 11am. He told me to check my phone for a text from him within the next hour&. Ok.. no explanation for that.

Hildegard

Barb

Dapper Dans gave Dean a shout out

With no set plans we wandered back up Main Street with a stop at Caseys Corner where I apparently decided I could pull off a one-person the wave in the bleachers followed by a crazed looking cheering fan. Here's a short video of this silliness.

Cheering? Or angry fan?

The one person 'wave' - it's very difficult to pull off this one!

Moving on to Liberty Square we browsed the shops. I wonder what a guest in my home would think should they use these coasters and had no clue they were Disney HM inspired?

A stop at the Tangled restrooms was in order and a chance to spy more Pascals. I dont think I found any more but I do love the beautiful theming of this area. How many parks have restrooms that you want to hang out in? Not any that I can recall.

1 Pascal..

I just love this area! Forget that it is restrooms... although there are the recharging stations at the tables so see, it is functional as well as fun.

Lets mosey over to New FL. We were excited to see Lady Tremaine and the step-sisters. It was a short line so we added two more people to it. Em wasnt really into the character interaction but once the sisters started to ask her if I was at all like their mother and spoiled her with rich indulgences she perked up and joined the fun. I adore the interaction with these characters!

Anastasia caught sight of my big ole' fake costume jewelry ring and picked up my hand and gushed over my 'rock'! She said to her mother, "this one definitely has a prince somewhere! She probably has the glass slipper in her closet right now! " HILARIOUS!!! I just responded, "I think my ring came from the back of the mine train that the dwarfs were hauling." Oops! Completely wrong reference to the incorrect Disney movie but that's why I'm not a character since I'd completely fail at my job.

We also saw the Royal Majesty Merry Makers having a blast and leading a group in some merry-go-round dance. They were hilarious.

Heading back to Main Street for lunch we took some photos of the castle. It was interesting that I captured the exact location of where the suite was located in my photos without knowing. Coincidence?

THE Windows... little did we know....

We wandered into the little princess shop and someone fascinating caught our eye in the mirror...

Wait, that was just us.

It was time to meet up with Dean and Linda for lunch so we cut through the walkway between the top of the hub and Fantasyland passing by the pop of fireworks from Dream Along with Mickey at the same time.

And if anyone is keeping track... we didn't receive any mysterious texts from Dean before lunch.

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-05-2014 at 06:29 PM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #1307
KatMark
DIS Veteran

A lovely update, Brenda. So happy you hooked up with Dean and met his wife, and then saw many other CM's you've met along the way.

I'm going to go research that book as soon as I finish washing the floors (I'm on break right now).

I like your little video...you are just too cute for words. And love your walk around the MK. Yes, those coasters could certainly be the center of a conversation.

I have to say that the absolute best character interaction we have ever had has been with Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters! They are wonderful, and I'm glad Em got in on the action.

Beautiful pictures of the castle. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #1308
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Eeek! Looking forward to seeing the suite!!!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #1309
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Alex is the best photopass photographer!!!!! I was so glad we went to him. He was a blast and took awesome/funny photos of us! He made my son giggle early on the morning which is hard to do lol
faylynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #1310
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Let’s mosey over to New FL. We were excited to see Lady Tremaine and the step-sisters. It was a short line so we added two more people to it. Em wasn’t really into the character interaction but once the sisters started to ask her if I was at all like their mother and spoiled her with rich indulgences she perked up and joined the fun. I adore the interaction with these characters!
We saw the same actresses who played the step-mother and Anastasia when we ate dinner at the GF last February. They didn't get much of a chance to do their normal "evil" routine since my 3-1/2 year old granddaughter adored them and gave them big hugs. They had to be nice to her. I would have loved to have the kind of interaction that you had with them.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #1311
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

All caught up and I haven't missed it!!! Waiting patiently.

You must be Disney royalty getting to meet these famous people!! Lucky you.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #1312
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Love the update! I can't wait to see the reveal of the best suite ever! I'm going to definitely have to get that book!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #1313
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

I think that you love to keep us in suspense!! Can't wait to read about your tour of Cinderella's Dream Suite!
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #1314
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We chatted for a while with our pal the Mayor before moving on down Main Street. Since we had cleared our calendar so to speak we had no plans so we enjoyed hanging out with this mini celebrity while he reunited with many of the Cast Members on Main Street including Hildegard, some of the Dapper Dans, and Barb, the driver of our vehicle when we were in the parade in 2010.
This sounds so fun, nothing like a personal meet and greet of Main Streets' entertainers.

Quote:
The one person 'wave' - it's very difficult to pull off this one!
This is why I love Disney, we're all kids at Disney. That's the best one person wave I've ever seen, might be the only one I've ever seen, but definitely the best!

Patiently waiting for the next update.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #1315
MEK
DIS Veteran

That was a cute video - thanks for sharing.

Very cool that you got to meet Dean. Hmmm - what could that text message mean???? g

I want that book. Thanks for posting the link!

Glad that Em got into the character interaction. That can really be hit or miss with a teenager!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #1316
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
BTW: I hope you are staying warm in the Chicago burbs! My DH is from Batavia/Aurora so we've been checking the temps there!
Only a few miles away from us. It is COLD. DD and DH are the only ones in our family that the snow in our family, (besides the our Huskie that is) but tonight we are suppose to get wind chills up to -60F! Nearly all the schools are called off around here, except for my kids' school of course. I am not from here originally, so I am not a fan of the icey air.

My sister lives in San Diego... I think it is time for a visit.
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #1317
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Awww Brenda is there anybody you don't know? One thing I loved was how you always make a point to talk to all the CM's by name. Believe me, I noticed (and will be mentioned in my TR you betcha) and I just think it's wonderful.

BARB!!!!! I so love her.

It's either a one person wave... or "This is how you dry nails with Brenda" instuctional video. Either works.

Haha, I love your interaction with the sisters (and mother). Disney characters reference other Disney movies and such all the time, so no big deal. Keeps 'em on their toes.

Quick question that I don't think I asked you. Are you in the book? You may have already mentioned it, but I can't remember.

And did you really leave on a cliffhanger again????
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #1318
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Oooh, the suspense is building!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #1319
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Fun update! Love how a walk down Main St. for you is like a high school reunion: meeting spouses, catching up on the kids, selfies, etc.

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #1320
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Awww... I loved seeing all of the pictures with you and all of the Main Street CMs - especially Dean! How fun!

LOL at your one person wave... It takes a LOT of talent to pull off something like that!

Interesting about the windows... Almost as if you had a premonition!

Can't wait for the next update!!!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: