Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #1291
MommaPeel
Mouseketeer

Oooh

I can't wait to read the rest of your TR! And to see the suite!

Walt Disney World - May 1994/Sept 1999/Sept 2000/Sept 2001/Jan 2002/Nov 2002/Jan 2003/Sept 2003/Sept 2008/AP holder 2008-2011/Jun 2012/Jul 2012

DISNEYLAND PARIS - March 2002/November 2004 Disneyland/California Adventure - Sept 2012

MommaPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #1292
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Yeah. So excited that it is almost time for the big reveal.

I just love that update about you and Em on the beach watching "Enchanted". Just the way you said it just wasn't about watching a movie outside on the beach but about all the little girls dressed as princesses and your own little princess sitting on the beach next to you. Such a perfect moment.

Looking forward to the next update.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #1293
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Brenda!

The suspense! So close to seeing THE Suite!

That Mayor is something. So a straw hat and a sash declaring oneself as Mayor gives that person license to be a bit "frisky", eh?

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #1294
francis6306
DIS Veteran

WHAT?! Nothing more about the suite?!?!

I think the Deluxe resort buses are the worst! I feel like they share too many! I like Pop and AoA have dedicated buses! I'll see what I think about POR in 64 days! WHOOT!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #1295
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda Happy New Year!

Whenever i'm catching up on TR's, I usually write down my comments on a virtual note pad on my Macbook while i'm reading so I can remember what I want to write. Well, I hate technology right now. I had 2 note pads filled with comments for your TR and they erased So i'm going to try and remember what I had!

I cannot believe the experience you had at the Brown Derby on your past trip! Absolutely insane I can't remember, but have you ever made it back since that incident?

I've never made it to the Writer's Stop before but after seeing that glorious Carrot Cake Cookie, it's an absolute must next time!

Oh my goodness at the Chefs story! You have quite the dining experiences don't you? We definitely need to share a meal sometime so I can see what happens to us

I LOVE the character spot! I'm actually going to be coming up on that update shortly (if I can ever make it that is )

Ooh I got the Laila lotion for Christmas! Smells soooo marvelous

Your view from La Hacienda is phenomenal. Can't beat that!

I love how you ended the night on the beach relaxing with Em. That sounds too perfect

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #1296
amazingact21
Upendi

The new MK entrance does take some getting used to.

The buses can be pretty bad during opening/closing times. The advantage of them is that they drop you off right at the MK entrance, but man do you have to pay the price.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #1297
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Such a nice morning! The bus situation is annoying. I stayed at BW and once it picked up at YC/BC and Swan/Dolphin. I felt S/D should have had their own buses especially to/from the MK.Sorry you just missed the opening show. I have never made it there. Maybe my next trip....maybe. Getting very excited for the next update with your big surprise!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #1298
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Love your description of movie night! It sounds perfect.
The Mayor, lol!

Can't wait for more
Old 01-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #1299
ashw100
Mouseketeer

I am new to the Dis and I just have to say I LOVE your TRs. I read two so far and they are great. So jealous your got to tour Cinderella's dream suite and I can't wait for your next post.

ashw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #1300
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Happy new year, Brenda!

I am always up early, especially in disney. I love solo balcony time too! So peaceful.
I haven't caught up on your dining report yet, but now I think I'll wait to get the story here and then catch up over there after! Lol! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Hi Wendy and Happy New Year to you! I hope you are staying warm.

Morning on the balcony at your last resort would be a treat - with a few animals roaming around. I do like the early morning peace and quiet.

No worries about the dining review. I'm still plugging along over there as well.

Enjoy your weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawn View Post
Thank you for the trip reports Brenda! Thanks to you I have begun reading Rob's Trip Reports also. They help me survive Disney withdrawal & I LOVE seeing WDW thru the eyes of others who love it so much!
Hi RDawn! I'm glad to have you along. Thank you for popping over from my pal Rob's report. Rob for sure is a Disney fan 4 life! I would rather read a good book... just kidding!! I think Disney is pretty special. I'm glad you are medicating your Disney withdrawals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great start to the morning for what promises to be an even greater day!

The last couple of mornings you were awakened by the landscapers so now you were conditioned to wake up early on your own.

I have to say I love predawn solo balcony time. Coffee. Camera. Beautiful View. Book (which rarely gets opened due to the lovely view). Gorgeous pictures of the BW and SAB.

That is just wrong about the buses making all those stops in the morning. We haven't encountered that during our trips in July.

What a cute entrance picture with Em. I love your photo with the Mayor.

I can't remember, have you also gotten a little extra "friendliness" from any of the characters? One of my best friends, who like you, is also a stunning red-head, was given a non-family-friendly squeeze by Baloo at MK.

Maybe I should consider coloring my hair.

Hi Dee! I do think that my internal Disney clock somehow decide to mess with me so early. However, I wouldn't have been up to take those early morning photos so it's all good.

I almost made a huge mistake and said something about the early am pool view from our balcony at BWV oops! That was the other trip. Ok, I'm at your stomping grounds of the YC/BC right? Gotta keep my trips straight.

Well... I do have a solution for the bus problem but if we strand all those Swalphin folks I don't think they would appreciate it. That or MORE BUSES Disney! Glad it wasn't an issue for you.

Thanks! I don't think I've ever had a creeper encounter with a fur character. Stitch does like to lick faces but he does that to everyone. I did have an interesting interaction with Mickey a couple years ago...

Here's Mickey drawing a figure with his mitts:

I said to the character handler, "did he just do that?'

And he gave me a thumbs up... Em was dying of laughter here.

When we walked away he gestured, "call me"... it was too funny.

So back to your question... no. And perhaps I'll stay away from Baloo!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #1301
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPeel View Post
I can't wait to read the rest of your TR! And to see the suite!
Hi Cassie! I'm glad that you are joining and anticipating that post. As soon as I get some responses completed I will do a short update.

Thank you for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Yeah. So excited that it is almost time for the big reveal.

I just love that update about you and Em on the beach watching "Enchanted". Just the way you said it just wasn't about watching a movie outside on the beach but about all the little girls dressed as princesses and your own little princess sitting on the beach next to you. Such a perfect moment.

Looking forward to the next update.
Yes, I'm almost there. Goodness, I'm juggling three reviews right now so it is a challenge keeping everything straight.

Thanks! That was a great evening on the beach. In fact, one that seems to be more endearing as time passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Happy New Year Brenda!

The suspense! So close to seeing THE Suite!

That Mayor is something. So a straw hat and a sash declaring oneself as Mayor gives that person license to be a bit "frisky", eh?
Hi Dave! Happy New Year to you as well! I didn't do anything as exciting as traveling to NYC for the holiday but I did stay up until midnight eating cupcakes and drinking sparkling cider. I hope you are staying warm. I'm sure the warmer Florida weather will be welcome in a few weeks.

Yes... the suspense... hang in there a little longer.... heck, I've made everyone wait over 3 months at this point. I'm surprised anyone is still interested.

Yeah, I think that license is firmly sew into that sash. At least one would think. When my DH saw the photo he said, 'I applaud him for going for the reach in.' Such a guy.

Enjoy your weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
WHAT?! Nothing more about the suite?!?!

I think the Deluxe resort buses are the worst! I feel like they share too many! I like Pop and AoA have dedicated buses! I'll see what I think about POR in 64 days! WHOOT!
That was the perfect breaking spot for my story! Truly. I need to drive everyone a little more crazy you think?

That is what I have heard - those deluxe busses are a big fat negative!

Glad that your friend is accompanying you on your trip. In 62 DAYS!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #1302
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Hi Brenda Happy New Year!

Whenever i'm catching up on TR's, I usually write down my comments on a virtual note pad on my Macbook while i'm reading so I can remember what I want to write. Well, I hate technology right now. I had 2 note pads filled with comments for your TR and they erased So i'm going to try and remember what I had!
Oh no!!!! I hate when that happens. (Coincidently, it took me three tries to update my dining review on the live thread earlier today since I have no idea what I pushed but, poof, my update was gone not just once but twice. Errrr. )

Anyway, I'm glad you tried again!

Quote:
I cannot believe the experience you had at the Brown Derby on your past trip! Absolutely insane I can't remember, but have you ever made it back since that incident?
Yeah, that was a crazy dinner. I'm willing to go back and try it again but Em not so much so to answer your question, no, we've not been back. I may go with my DH next trip since it wasn't entirely loathsome.

Quote:
I've never made it to the Writer's Stop before but after seeing that glorious Carrot Cake Cookie, it's an absolute must next time!
I can totally picture you with that carrot cake cookie! It is a soft, moist cake outside with a thick cream cheese filling inside .. oh so perfect!

Quote:
Oh my goodness at the Chefs story! You have quite the dining experiences don't you? We definitely need to share a meal sometime so I can see what happens to us
You my dear, influenced my dining choices with Artist Point in particular. I loved your dining reviews from 2010. (Oh and Jiko with the filet! I love that you are a carnivore.)

I'd be honored to share a meal with you anytime. Next time you are down at DL or if our dates at WDW ever align.

Quote:
I LOVE the character spot! I'm actually going to be coming up on that update shortly (if I can ever make it that is )
I love to read about others' interactions with characters - especially when they are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing if Calvin enjoyed the characters.

Quote:
Ooh I got the Laila lotion for Christmas! Smells soooo marvelous
Ohhh lovely! Smelling like the essence of Norway is always good.

Quote:
Your view from La Hacienda is phenomenal. Can't beat that!
We were quite lucky. It was a first to see Illuminations from inside anywhere.

I love how you ended the night on the beach relaxing with Em. That sounds too perfect[/QUOTE]

Hi Lesha and Happy New Year to you!

The movie on the beach was a perfect end to the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
The new MK entrance does take some getting used to.

The buses can be pretty bad during opening/closing times. The advantage of them is that they drop you off right at the MK entrance, but man do you have to pay the price.
I was just looking at some photos from 2011 when the sign was pink/blue and I missed it all over again!

Maybe that was my problem.. I was hoping on a MK bus at park open. I'm sure that was the plan for more than a few people at the Epcot resorts.

You are making me look at the bright side - we are dropped off at the MK entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Such a nice morning! The bus situation is annoying. I stayed at BW and once it picked up at YC/BC and Swan/Dolphin. I felt S/D should have had their own buses especially to/from the MK.Sorry you just missed the opening show. I have never made it there. Maybe my next trip....maybe. Getting very excited for the next update with your big surprise!
Hi there! Thanks, it was a nice morning.... looking back it seems more magical now given the turn of events. We had no clue at that time...

See? You feel the same as me. Let the S/D folks have their own bus! No worries, if we saw the park open show that would have been awesome but I'd seen it before so it wasn't a must do. Put it on your list for one day...

Thank you... I'm trying to get to the next update soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
Love your description of movie night! It sounds perfect.
The Mayor, lol!

Can't wait for more
Thank you TinyDancer! It was a practically perfect end to the night!

Yep, that's the Mayor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw100 View Post
I am new to the Dis and I just have to say I LOVE your TRs. I read two so far and they are great. So jealous your got to tour Cinderella's dream suite and I can't wait for your next post.
Hi and welcome ashw! And welcome to the Disboards! I'm so very glad that you found my TRs and are following along. We've been blessed with a few special surprises.

Stay tuned for the actual Dream Suite update soon.

Thanks again for joining in!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #1303
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Hi! Joining in. I found your TR and DR yesterday and am all caught up. I got a lot done around the house this weekend obviously!

I am enjoying both immensely. In fact I am using it as my inspiration to convince my husband that staying CL at Yacht Club is a GREAT IDEA! I hope that my daughter and I can make wonderful mother/daughter trips like you and your daughter in the future!

Can't wait for the rest!
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #1304
wdwluvrs
DIS Veteran

Brenda we know you have this trip report going and a dinning report .. We are wondering if you have plans for a trip report for your December visit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh no!!!! I hate when that happens. (Coincidently, it took me three tries to update my dining review on the live thread earlier today since I have no idea what I pushed but, poof, my update was gone not just once but twice. Errrr. )

Anyway, I'm glad you tried again!

Yeah, that was a crazy dinner. I'm willing to go back and try it again but Em not so much so to answer your question, no, we've not been back. I may go with my DH next trip since it wasn't entirely loathsome.

I can totally picture you with that carrot cake cookie! It is a soft, moist cake outside with a thick cream cheese filling inside .. oh so perfect!

You my dear, influenced my dining choices with Artist Point in particular. I loved your dining reviews from 2010. (Oh and Jiko with the filet! I love that you are a carnivore.)

I'd be honored to share a meal with you anytime. Next time you are down at DL or if our dates at WDW ever align.

I love to read about others' interactions with characters - especially when they are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing if Calvin enjoyed the characters.

Ohhh lovely! Smelling like the essence of Norway is always good.

We were quite lucky. It was a first to see Illuminations from inside anywhere.

I love how you ended the night on the beach relaxing with Em. That sounds too perfect
Hi Lesha and Happy New Year to you!

The movie on the beach was a perfect end to the evening.

I was just looking at some photos from 2011 when the sign was pink/blue and I missed it all over again!

Maybe that was my problem.. I was hoping on a MK bus at park open. I'm sure that was the plan for more than a few people at the Epcot resorts.

You are making me look at the bright side - we are dropped off at the MK entrance.

Hi there! Thanks, it was a nice morning.... looking back it seems more magical now given the turn of events. We had no clue at that time...

See? You feel the same as me. Let the S/D folks have their own bus! No worries, if we saw the park open show that would have been awesome but I'd seen it before so it wasn't a must do. Put it on your list for one day...

Thank you... I'm trying to get to the next update soon.

Thank you TinyDancer! It was a practically perfect end to the night!

Yep, that's the Mayor.

Hi and welcome ashw! And welcome to the Disboards! I'm so very glad that you found my TRs and are following along. We've been blessed with a few special surprises.

Stay tuned for the actual Dream Suite update soon.

Thanks again for joining in![/QUOTE]
90 Contemporary
91 Polynesian
92-95-96 Port Orleans French Quarter
97-98-2000 Beach Club
2003 Disney Wonder and Beach Club
2006 Disney Magic western and Polynesian
2008 Disney Magic eastern and Polynesian
2010 Disney Wonder Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 Disney Fantasy Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
wdwluvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #1305
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
Hi! Joining in. I found your TR and DR yesterday and am all caught up. I got a lot done around the house this weekend obviously!

I am enjoying both immensely. In fact I am using it as my inspiration to convince my husband that staying CL at Yacht Club is a GREAT IDEA! I hope that my daughter and I can make wonderful mother/daughter trips like you and your daughter in the future!

Can't wait for the rest!
Hi there PrncessA! I'm so glad that you found these and read through them, that's awesome! Ha ha! You sound like me, reading others' TRs gives inspiration and ideas for your own trip planning... it's almost a must do!

I usually justify CL because of the room discounts that I take advantage of so if that is something you can use to your benefit - I encourage that!

Awww mother/daughter trips are going to be something that I will remember fondly the rest of my life. You will not regret making those memories if you do mother/daughter trips as well.

I see you have a PTR so I'll pop over there and take a look see!

BTW: I hope you are staying warm in the Chicago burbs! My DH is from Batavia/Aurora so we've been checking the temps there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluvrs View Post
Brenda we know you have this trip report going and a dinning report .. We are wondering if you have plans for a trip report for your December visit..
Thank you for asking and the answer is YES. I just need to get this one farther along so I can begin a 4th TR/DR! Crazy huh? I just want to get this one beyond the Dream Suite part.

I met so many Disers and had some great firsts since this was our first time to visit WDW during the Christmas season. And yes, there was a sweet upgrade but not until we changed resorts later in the trip.

I'll let everyone know here and on my DR when I start the December one. In the mean time you are in luck because I posted my first "dining review" for our Dis cocktail meet up on the live dining threadhere. Since I'm participating in the finale of Jabead (Barb's) report you'll see at least the dining portion of our trip on that thread.

Thanks again for asking!

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: