Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #1261
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 1

Day 8… hmmm... whatever could be significant about day 8?? Let’s see, we’re going to MK, we’re meeting up with a former CM and having lunch together and that’s pretty much it. As far as we knew at the time! Yes, this is the day for the Dream Suite tour but it would come as a surprise a little later. Anyone who has followed my dining review already has that story. If you haven’t read my dining review – shame on you. Just kidding! I won’t give it all away since it will all fit together before too long.

I was up before dawn but there was zero chance that I was going to fall back asleep so I may as well take photos from the balcony right? It’s what I do.

All's quiet in the sitting room

Em is more the type to wait and rise at the last minute. No worries, I enjoyed the quiet of the morning while she slept. It was a perfect start to my day to watch the boats on Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk dim their lights as the sun rose. The joggers out that early in the morning just annoyed me since I had still not once donned my running shoes to get my butt out there for a run. (Complete envy on my part for you Disers like Mary Ellen, Cynthia, Beth, and others who do run even on vacation. My hat's off to you!)

We had breakfast in the CL lounge since we were all about convenience and less fuss this day. You can read my breakfast dining review here. One of the CL Cast Members gave us bottles of Desani water to take with us to the park. That was very thoughtful!

Our plan was to get to MK at/before park open to see the welcome show and to meet up with our pal, the retired Grand Marshal Host, Dean, who was in the park early filming a promo for his book. Getting on the bus at YC was not a problem since we had a short wait. However, once we stopped at every other Epcot area resort before we were headed to MK it was packed so tightly that we were all getting to know each other quite well. More buses Disney, more buses! (As of August they were thinking of launching double decker buses but apparently that idea was shelved since the new bus stops that were built at MK did not measure high enough to accommodate. I would have been thrilled to see double deckers but for now I'll just stick with MORE BUSES! And now I'll stop whining.)

Hmmm do you think we'll make a 9am park open?

Pack 'em in
(Insert my apologies if any of you Diser's out there happened to be showing your arm pits in my photo. It is not intended.)

Still not a fan of the yellow/blue but it's still a magical sign:

By the time we made it through bag check the park opening show was just ending. At least it wasn’t on my must do list!

Once inside the park we made our way inside and up Main Street with the usual stops for photopass photos including a greeting by the Mayor of Main Street. He said, “Welcome back my favorite red-head!” I know he’s a charmer with all the ladies so I don’t personally gush over his obvious admiration!! Oh wait, yes I do!

Watch your hand Mayor Weaver... another inch or so and he'd be hearing from my hubby!

We saw some filming equipment out with a face that would become familiar later in the day…. Hang on for that puzzle piece to fall into place.

We were still making or way up Main Street enjoying the morning and anticipating a great meet up with our friend. Little did we know the day would take a surprising turn....

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-05-2014 at 02:04 PM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #1262
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

Lol at Mayor Weaver! He's so great.
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #1263
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Yes, shame on me for not following the dining review.

Oh goodness those early morning shots are just gorgeous. I love watching Disney "open" for the day.

Yikes, that is a crowded bus. At least it's first thing in the morning while people (hopefully) smell reasonably fresh. Much worse on the drive home.

Thank you!!!! I too prefer the old MK sign. But yes... it's still pretty.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I mean I know where it's headed... but still.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #1264
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First, I LOVE your dress; and Em's outfit is adorable.

Beautiful pictures while you waited for Sleeping Beauty to get up.

That's the only thing I don't like about the Epcot Resorts...the buses. They are just awful. I agree with you MORE BUSES!!!!!

Great picture with the Mayor.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #1265
annie170
Mouseketeer

I'm always the first one up, also. I like those early dawn photos. That's got to be the best pool in all of wdw resorts!

Sounds like this is the day!!!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #1266
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I am so excited I haven't missed the big reveal or pics of Dean!! What a GREAT surprise for you and Em!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:39 AM   #1267
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

OOoh - sounds like a PERFECT beginning to a PERFECT day!!! I am so excited to hear all about this, and more importantly, how it came about.

Dean's book is on my wish list, it's something I want to purchase for myself some day - it looks so incredible! I just wish he took Paypal... Sigh.

I hope you have a wonderful New YEars Brenda and Em!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #1268
deedee2177
Disney Darling

OH!!! The suspense!!!!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:10 AM   #1269
MEK
DIS Veteran

With a view like that I would have trouble going back to sleep. I would be doing the same thing - taking pictures!

Thanks for the shout out on the running on vacation. Denny used to yell at me when we did the family vacation thing. He would say, "you complain how much your legs hurt and how tired you are and then you go out and run". Yup. He's stopped doing that and now he just tunes me out.

I had to laugh at the picture on the bus. Nicely done! I like your covert photography skills. Those are exactly the expressions everyone has on the bus.

And I didn't know you were personal friends with the mayor. Nice! And nothing like a photo on an empty Main Street!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #1270
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
]Day 8… hmmm... whatever could be significant about day 8?? Let’s see, we’re going to MK, we’re meeting up with a former CM and having lunch together and that’s pretty much it. As far as we knew at the time! Yes, this is the day for the Dream Suite tour but it would come as a surprise a little later. Anyone who has followed my dining review already has that story. If you haven’t read my dining review – shame on you. Just kidding! I won’t give it all away since it will all fit together before too long.
You know that this is a terrible tease for the "real" reveal, don't you? I hope you had a nice New Year's Eve.

Quote:
The joggers out that early in the morning just annoyed me since I had still not once donned my running shoes to get my butt out there for a run. (Complete envy on my part for you Disers like Mary Ellen, Cynthia, Beth, and others who do run even on vacation. My hat's off to you!)
I used to be one of those runners out there on the Boardwalk. It was the most wonderful experience, with the soft, humid air and the quiet of the morning. I'm hoping I can get out there during our upcoming trip at the BC in March. If the ice and snow would melt around our neighborhood, I might be able to get back in shape for it.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #1271
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Catching up! Hope you had a super fun December trip - I was hoping I might spot you since we overlapped a bit...someday! Sounds like a fun Hacienda dinner with a perfect view!! I agree about the blue on the Magic Kingdom gates - I still miss the pink. Can't wait to hear about the dream suite!!

AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #1272
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Ohhhhh, I love Enchanted... and Amy Adams! After I got out of the hospital, my dad stayed with me for a couple days. The joke was that all he ever wanted to watch was the news, which I avoid at all costs because it's depressing. So I wound up retaliating by making him watch Enchanted

I cannot wait to read about the rest of this day!! Sounds so amazing!!

And yes, I promise to share my Animation Class drawing... hopefully it will be obvious what I drew. LOL.

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #1273
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

What a lovely end to day 7. Enchanted is such a fun movie.

Love the balcony shots from the next morning, you had an awesome view.

So excited for the tour of the castle suite!

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #1274
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You're like my Mom. She wakes up, she's up. And I continue to saw a log in bed. I'm just not a morning person, but I want to be! I don't think my desire is going to help get me there though.

I am going to attempt to run on this vacation though. No crazy oppressive heat this time around!

Awww, you're Mayor Weaver's favorite redhead.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #1275
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Yay! The anticipation is killing me.. What a great opportunity!! That Mayor... He is very..... Handsy

I'm also a "when I'm up, I'm up" person. Something about the quiet stillness of Disney in the morning. When we were there last December I was pregnant and a very restless sleeper, so I'd get up and walk to the POR Riverside Mill... It was wonderful!!

Can't wait to read more!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: