Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #1051
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Brenda!

Great update! Hmmm... I love the 50s chicken - I would love to order the kids plate some day - as it looks like the perfect amount.

I totally agree - I think that the TSM FP+ is probably the best option there is out there, and one that I can't wait to take advantage of... Even though it's not one of our favorite rides - it's still one we like to do.

I just read your HBD review from 2011... Oh WOW!!! THat is crazy!!!! And very sad that all of that happened to you during one meal!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #1052
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
While I'm thinking of this.... I uploaded video of Em designing her roller coaster on Sum of All Thrills. For those not familiar with the design process you can see here.
Thank you so much for sharing that!!

Quote:

Morning view:
I love this photo. I love lighthouses, even fake ones!! I might have to take a stroll just to see this when I'm there. I amuse myself that I think three and a half days will be enough to do everything I plan on doing!

Quote:
Once inside the park the first order of business was to give Bo some attention. There rarely is a line to see Bo and I just don’t get it. Doesn’t anyone else care that this dude is completely ignored most of the time?
Because of this report, "get a picture with Bo" is on my list!

Quote:
When we viewed the ride photo on the monitor I noticed a wardrobe malfunction being flashed for all to see. Uhhhh my underpants were peeking out from my front row seat. Thank goodness everyone looks at their own photo and I didn’t have people taking contraband photos of ours. Don’t wear a dress on this ride!! Sorry guys, that’s as racy as this will get.
Awww, you poor thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Does Bo have a backstory?
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
He doesn't even have a BACK!

I've never been to Vegas... I'm under the impression that it's really hot ther most of the time. And I had a coworker tell me once that Vegas was Disney World for adults. I managed to not slap her

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Brenda!!! I hope you have an amazing day!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #1053
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

OKAY...SO I am a bit goofy this morning, I havent been to bed since I got up yesterday AM and when I posted to your thread this AM...it was the DINIG thread.

At the risk of repeating myself I will just say:

And I LOVED your latest update, HM mdse is AWESOME, and as always in your pics it is hard to tell you and Em aren't sisters!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #1054
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving Brenda!!

After all this time and many TSMM rides I never realized that the animal picture at the end of the game with your score is actually a prize! I learned something today!

I would have been freaking out if a duck came nibbling on my toes. It would probably because I'd be worried about infectious diseases that could be passed on from the duck. Hmmmm....actually now that I think about it I can't think of any infections that come from duck bites unless it has some really novel form of avian flu. So I think you're good and I'm just a chicken!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #1055
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

:)

Happy Thanksgiving! I love holidays........

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #1056
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Awwwww, that is so cute with the little duckie! I guess people hadn't dropped enough food on the ground for his liking.

Holy cow, I hadn't seen that story about your previous dining experience. Just... wow.

Yeah, I think TSMM is going to be the most valuable FP of all, especially with the new tiering.

And a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and the fam (or as we Canadians like to call it... Thursday).
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1057
momabbate
Mouseketeer

momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #1058
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well!

I know you are just days away from returning to the world, so I hope you have another super fabulous trip. I look forward to hearing all about it.

That HM themed merchandise is really cute.

Seems like I am behind on your TR again. I can't believe you are 70 pages into this TR. WOW. It is just flying!

Hope to get caught up properly over the T-giving weekend!
Thank you Mary Ellen! Sending warm Thanksgiving wishes your way as well.

I'm too crazy busy to enjoy the anticipation. I know you relate to that with your crazy schedule.

I would have loved to have had some of the HM merch but then I thought really what am I going to do lug back home this stuff when I can buy it at home. Then I just never did. Oh well, it was cool.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Brenda!

Great update! Hmmm... I love the 50s chicken - I would love to order the kids plate some day - as it looks like the perfect amount.

I totally agree - I think that the TSM FP+ is probably the best option there is out there, and one that I can't wait to take advantage of... Even though it's not one of our favorite rides - it's still one we like to do.

I just read your HBD review from 2011... Oh WOW!!! THat is crazy!!!! And very sad that all of that happened to you during one meal!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

D~
Hi D~ Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

That kid's chicken was so perfect.

Definitely the best wait savings value of the trip was TSMM. My shooting arm always needs a rest after that ride since I put so much of myself into it.

Our HBD dinner was interest.... that wasn't Remy for sure. I would still go back and eat there, Em not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Thank you so much for sharing that!!

I love this photo. I love lighthouses, even fake ones!! I might have to take a stroll just to see this when I'm there. I amuse myself that I think three and a half days will be enough to do everything I plan on doing!

Because of this report, "get a picture with Bo" is on my list!

Awww, you poor thing!

I've never been to Vegas... I'm under the impression that it's really hot ther most of the time. And I had a coworker tell me once that Vegas was Disney World for adults. I managed to not slap her

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Brenda!!! I hope you have an amazing day!!
Thank you khaleesi. Sending you well wishes on Thanksgiving. Enjoy seeing Frozen!

I'm so glad that you will give Bo some love.

I've been to Vegas in January and March when it has been in the 30's. Definitely a far cry from the 100+ in the summer.

Can I stand in line to smack your co-worker? Silliness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

OKAY...SO I am a bit goofy this morning, I havent been to bed since I got up yesterday AM and when I posted to your thread this AM...it was the DINIG thread.

At the risk of repeating myself I will just say:

And I LOVED your latest update, HM mdse is AWESOME, and as always in your pics it is hard to tell you and Em aren't sisters!
I'm not sure how you stayed up all night Judy but I hope you got a little nap in! Thank you for the beautiful Thanksgiving greeting. I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving as well. (I love seeing all of your posts here so you don't risk anything repeating yourself! )

Awww thanks. If you look closely you WOULD know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Brenda!!

After all this time and many TSMM rides I never realized that the animal picture at the end of the game with your score is actually a prize! I learned something today!

I would have been freaking out if a duck came nibbling on my toes. It would probably because I'd be worried about infectious diseases that could be passed on from the duck. Hmmmm....actually now that I think about it I can't think of any infections that come from duck bites unless it has some really novel form of avian flu. So I think you're good and I'm just a chicken!
Thank you Dave!! Wishing you and your family all the best today as well!

I'm definitely infectious disease unaware. If I knew the horrors that may await me I may be more cautious. Heck, I don't even worry about grabbing a cafeteria tray and having my utensils sitting ON the tray. (I have a friend that can not use any utensil that has been touched by anyone. It has to be wrapped in a napkin and given to him. I drive him crazy when I move my fork all around the tray and say I wonder what germ I'm going to pick up now?? )

All was well... no duck transmitted diseases this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Happy Thanksgiving! I love holidays........
Thank you so very much. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Awwwww, that is so cute with the little duckie! I guess people hadn't dropped enough food on the ground for his liking.

Holy cow, I hadn't seen that story about your previous dining experience. Just... wow.

Yeah, I think TSMM is going to be the most valuable FP of all, especially with the new tiering.

And a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and the fam (or as we Canadians like to call it... Thursday).
Hi Rob! Happy Thursday or better known as 5 days before your WDW trip.

The little duckie was adorable and I felt like I got some special duck love with the little nibble.

Yeah....HBD just isn't the same since that dining experience. But I will say that I'd return. I'd just be looking at the floor often.

I will have to ditch my one TSMM FP+ this trip since it was while we were eating lunch. Em may still go and leave me behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabbate View Post
Thank you Sandy!! Wishing you and your precious family a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #1059
nannye
DIS Veteran

Love the update! I. Haven't had 50's chicken but I'm told it tastes the same as hoop dee do! I had their pot roast the first time and it was delish! Chicken pot pie was to die for last summer.

I read your dining review from last twist oye!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #1060
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving from Snowy Lower Western MI

Hi Brenda, tomorrow or Friday I hope to catch up on your amazing report. I haven't read it since we began our 1 week trip to WDW Nov. 14th - didn't have computer along on the trip and would have been too busy keeping up with DGS anyway. Our trip was lots of fun!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are at our daughter's home north of the Indiana border and close enough to Lake Michigan to receive lake effect snow. We arrived here yesterday just before sunset to about 10" of fresh snow. We sort of had the frozen version of "Splash Mountain" while plowing through the snow with our car down her long driveway into her garage! No harm done, the incline wasn't quite so steep.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #1061
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I love seeing the Yacht Club pictures! I can't wait for next week!!! So cute that the duckie was nibbling your toe and too funny about the peek a boo malfunction on the ride.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #1062
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving! I think beaver is the best animal I've seen on TSM, but I would be interested to know if it gets any better. Why aren't you awarded with toy story characters?

Just 10 more days until I check into POR!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #1063
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just caught up....great update.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #1064
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

wow - just read your disastrous HBD story - that is horrible! I mean, it's one thing for your particular table to have a less than magical server but then to have some small furry friends in said establishment - when said establishment was not an advertised character breakfast is a whole 'nother level of not-goodness

um, congrats on your beaver? (just seems wrong to type)

and Happy Belated Thanksgiving - hope your family had a great one!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #1065
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So I'm working on the past two updates the grounds of the Yacht Club are beautiful, too bad the caretakers woke you up! I do not blame you for not walking when we were there a few weeks later I was melting outside- the heat & humidity is not something we really deal with up north!! So did Bo miss you? I bet you guys had a lot of catching up to do! Also, how nice they were able to find your photos! I take pics of all my essentials and put them on both Zack and my phones. Figured between the 3 of them we are bound to have one on us!! I love ToT too and was pumped that Zoey had fun (her picture is great with Zack - she doesn't look phased at all by it!) I "LOL'd" about your flashing on RnRC!! This is why I bought "skorts" for our last trip

I liked a lot of the Haunted Mansion merch - I thought the plate with "Room for one more" was very funny! Ahhhh duckies!!! So fluffy! I am hoping FP+ comes in handy for rides like TSM - I made a bunch of selections for our trip in Jan but definitely need to tweak them!!

Also I hope you had a happy thanksgiving when are you leaving for WDW soon right?
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: