Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #1021
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

This has to be the best tr I've ever read. Awesome!!!!
pitterpint23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #1022
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hey Brenda! I'm caught up again! (well, for now! )
Good call on cancelling breakfast and just heading to the lounge. No matter how good a breakfast is, you can't enjoy it if you have to wait too long for it.
I gave Bo a hug for you last week.
I HATE TOT. I'd be having a worse fit than the girl next to you. Seriously.
I do love RnR! I rode in a skirt once, but luckily had no mishaps.
Hi Wendy! I finally got caught up on your thread and I hope you are feeling better soon. That's no fun to travel with the flu.

Awwww I'm glad to hear that Bo got some love from you. I feel better knowing he is in good hands.

So let me get this straight... you don't like ToT? Ok, then I'll give you a break on that one.

So you are good with upside down rides - just not ones that make you feel like you are falling and your stomach is in your throat! Yeah, I think the momentum of the ride created a draft in the wrong spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
With all of the yummy options in a club level breakfast, I'd never pay for another breakfast elsewhere! How convenient, also.

I think Tower of Terror is the best themed ride in all of WDW. I notice something new every time I ride.

Wardrobe malfunction. Oh, dear. I hope the people behind you didn't buy the photo.
Love your logic Annie and I'll give you a sneak peek.... we didn't make it to breakfast any of the days we were staying CL. It was very convenient.

I agree. There is so much to see and explore with ToT. I'm sure there's a story behind most of it.

Goodness! I hope not too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Oh great, now the people at FCC are going to have to regulate all ride photos. You are the Janet Jackson of the DISboards

Actually I thought there was a delay for the CM to screen all ride photos in case someone was holding up their middle fingers or something
I can count on you Phil to make me belly laugh with your response.

I suppose the QA process wasn't that thorough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterpint23 View Post
This has to be the best tr I've ever read. Awesome!!!!
Hi pitterpint! Thanks for joining and for the compliment. How very kind of you. You are most welcome to stick around and eventually find out that this isn't that great compared to some other's TR out there!! Seriously though, I'm glad you are here and joining.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #1023
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

It's great to see you back Brenda - I hope you had a good trip.

Loved the YC photos - the lemonade/lemon water (not sure which) looks delicious! I love my water with lemons!

Your Dismeet/dinner with Kathy/Mark looks like you had a lot of fun.

And your morning at DHS looks great too - you are right - that was a VERY HOT day... Not sure if it's because that was our first full day there and we were still adjusting to the temps, or if it was truly hot? But - I remember opening that door in the morning thinking OMG... and wanting to turn right back around and go back into our room. LOL I am used to MN - where the coolest part of a summer day is bright n' early in the morning.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #1024
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Wow, you gals look stunning. I think it's so wonderful that you always get photos with the staff. Hmmm, maybe you could start a new thing... "CM's around the Dining World™".

So nice to see Ricardo again too!

Ahhh, the morning is so pretty in Disney World.

Honestly Brenda, I think there is only no line for Bo when you're around. See, nobody wants to get between you and your man.

Haha, I've been on the 101 and yes, I would consider it parking lot speed at best. Not so good for a roller coaster.

Bahahaha, wardrobe malfunction. People probably bought that photo who never bought a ride photo before. Honestly though, I have no idea how you ladies wear skirts or dresses on these rides, especially Space Mountain.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #1025
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
It's great to see you back Brenda - I hope you had a good trip.

Loved the YC photos - the lemonade/lemon water (not sure which) looks delicious! I love my water with lemons!

Your Dismeet/dinner with Kathy/Mark looks like you had a lot of fun.

And your morning at DHS looks great too - you are right - that was a VERY HOT day... Not sure if it's because that was our first full day there and we were still adjusting to the temps, or if it was truly hot? But - I remember opening that door in the morning thinking OMG... and wanting to turn right back around and go back into our room. LOL I am used to MN - where the coolest part of a summer day is bright n' early in the morning.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

D~
Thanks D~!

I'm always confused with the lemon water/lemonade jug. The signs usually say lemon water but it looks too lemony. I suppose the taste test would confirm.

It is always fun to see Kathy. In fact, a little more than a week and we will see her again.

I'm ok with heat but the humidity is crazy. It is not humid where we live so it's always an adjustment.

Thanks for still hanging in there with this never ending TR! (It's so funny that we traveled at the same time but yours has been concluded and moved on to a PTR! Bravo to you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Wow, you gals look stunning. I think it's so wonderful that you always get photos with the staff. Hmmm, maybe you could start a new thing... "CM's around the Dining World™".

So nice to see Ricardo again too!

Ahhh, the morning is so pretty in Disney World.

Honestly Brenda, I think there is only no line for Bo when you're around. See, nobody wants to get between you and your man.

Haha, I've been on the 101 and yes, I would consider it parking lot speed at best. Not so good for a roller coaster.

Bahahaha, wardrobe malfunction. People probably bought that photo who never bought a ride photo before. Honestly though, I have no idea how you ladies wear skirts or dresses on these rides, especially Space Mountain.
Awww thanks Rob! You may have an idea there since we had about 4 or 5 servers that we "knew" this trip. It's all relative because really how well do we know them.

With Bo perhaps it is rather that possessive look that I have that scares other ladies off. I was going to leave a lipstick mark on this cheek kinda like marking my territory but I figured that wouldn't go over well defacing Disney property and all.

Oh my gosh! You know the LA freeways don't move that fast at any time of the day hardly. But it was nice that they offered us the limos to get us to the concert.

Yeah, I am not into putting on a show for anyone but the dress wasn't that short so go figure! Definitely Space Mountain and EE are ones you need to be careful.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #1026
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Speaking of scenes of anxiety in ToT photos I think there's a good chance that our DD will be nearly freaking out right before the drop as she tries the ride for the very first time in January. I think she's ready to try it and will love the ride once it gets going. Just need to get her through all that "scary" stuff leading up to the actual ride.

Of all of the thrill ride photos, RnR is my least favorite. I always end looking horrible as the wind is trying to peel my face backwards.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #1027
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures around the Yacht Club, Brenda. It is a beautiful resort.

I always love your picture with Bo. That woman does look like she is having a problem on TOT. Fun picture of you and Em on Rock & Roll.

I'm glad you were able to get a new PP card and find your photos.

Before I forgot, I'll email you in the next day or two and let you know what time we have FP+ for on the 7th at the Magic Kingdom and see if we can coordinate a ride or two after our breakfast together.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #1028
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

So glad you are home!

I hope the trip went well, I know how those trips can go sometimes.

The heat and humidity can be really brutal in WDW, that's why I don't go after May, or before Oct. as the case may be in the near future. <crossing fingers that it works out>

Pictures with Bo is a must, I know I took pictures with him when we went last but for the life of me I can't seem to find them.

I guess if you are going to avoid a Janet Jackson moment in the future you'll have to match your undies with your dress.

I wore a dress on EE and I had to do some fancy border maneuvering with pp+ to keep people from seeing my legs being exposed.

Did you die of embarrassment standing there looking at your picture? I probably would.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #1029
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up again! See… I can see that the FP+ system would be great for HS- if you aren't being forced to use the "tiered" system. You could knock out all the "rides" early and spend the afternoon in the shows! That would be GREAT! I'm so interested to see how FP+ works for us in March.

That room looks great. Too bad it didn't have the TV in the sitting area, because that would be a PERFECT room to book for a family. I suppose I could just have my laptop, but I NEED to see what the "must-dos" are according to Stacy!

I like to be organized, but I don't always unpack. It just depends. I think now that I'm dealing with 3 people (Corey can fend for himself- but the girls….) it's harder for me to live out of the suitcase, but it's also a lot to put up!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1030
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Back in town and ready to leave again! LOVED the ics, especially of dinner. Ya'll are gong to have such a great time together again in a few short days. I hope this week goes smoothly as you enjoy the holiday and prepare to go back to the World! I wonder what kind of Pixie Dust you will have to share form THIS upcoming trip???!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #1031
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Y'all look great all dressed up for dinner! I know for me, wearing tops and shorts in the parks all day makes for a nice evening when I can dress up a bit.

Those early morning breakfasts that require a bit of travel time always seem like such a great idea in theory until you wake up tired in the morning! Goo decision on canceling and taking advantage of the club level offerings instead!

The girl next to you on ToT is hilarious!! She looks like she is really freaking out!

Every girl's worst nightmare...WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!! Obviously the person whose job it is to screen photos needed a little more coffee if they missed that one...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #1032
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Does Bo have a backstory?
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #1033
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

You girls look amazing! And you're seriously making me want to stay at the Yacht Club. Add it to the dream resort list!

We were both at DHS this day!! Oh man, I will now be checking the backgrounds of our pictures to see if we show up in each other's

So glad you were able to find your PP pics.

Hahaha so sorry for your wardrobe malfunction! Your hair looks fantastic and windswept if it's any consolation.

Thank you for the kind words on my TR and in case I'm not back here before you leave, have a WONDERFUL trip!!! Enjoy Disney Christmas and your Illuminations Cruise!!!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #1034
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Oh, YAY, I'm caught up!

What a pretty, pretty view from your room!

So sorry about the landscaper's wake up call. I'm a light sleeper, but I am awake way before anyone starts work around there.

Thanks so much for your detailed YC lounge breakfast photos. I'm into that kind of thing! Already linked it to the FAQ thread.

Your pictures of the Yacht Club while waiting for the Friendship boat are GORGEOUS!

When I was in HS in July, I gave Bo some attention and whispered to him that you would be visiting soon.

Great Tower of Terror picture. How do you rate the DL ToT with the WDW one? Can't wait to compare them myself.

That is kind of funny about the over-exposure on the ride photo for RNR! OOPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Oh great, now the people at FCC are going to have to regulate all ride photos. You are the Janet Jackson of the DISboards

Actually I thought there was a delay for the CM to screen all ride photos in case someone was holding up their middle fingers or something
The censors are not always on duty! I have a red neck ride photo of one of the boys on our 2012 class trip flipping the bird on Buzz.

I believe that Splash Mountain has censors working because some young ladies think it is a good idea to "flash" the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Does Bo have a backstory?
He doesn't even have a BACK!

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #1035
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

Loving this trip report. Thank you so much for the in depth review of the Sunrise Safari. We are staying CL at the AKL for our upcoming trip specifically so that we can go on the safari. My dd is turning 6 just prior to the trip (this will be a birthday trip for her ) and she just LOVES animals. So happy to see you actually get to spend a good deal of time looking at them.

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Tasmen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: