Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #916
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Tues. August 20, 2013: Day 5, Part 2

Once we finished our faux thrill ride we moved on to Test Track to see about getting fast passes. They were not giving out any for the day; however, a nice man gave me two that were good right then. Thank you Mister!

The list of things that I like about this ride is far shorter than the things that annoy me. On the not so great side of the list is the queue. I'm not a fan. But you just designed a roller coaster you are saying so what's up with not liking this one? That's just it, we designed our own roller coaster, this "design" for our concept car didn't take us through the track. Perhaps I'm just stubborn and loyal to the older theming concept which made more sense to me. I prefer the first Darren in Bewitched if that tells you anything!

Once we were inside the design studio we realized that we were the only ones that were not given an RFID design card. Uhhh what to do?? Quick, let's see if these Magic Bands are good for anything? I place my MB on the start icon and viola! Hey, these things are magic!! It engaged the design sequence and we were given our minute and a half or whatever the time was to design our car. I left the task to Em but since we didnt have a card to load the design to I'm not sure the objective. Obviously I didn't pay too much attention.

You mean the card that we weren't given?

Moving on to the next queue to actually get in our ride vehicle, the lines from the design studio were overwhelming the line to get into the ride loading area. There was a little confusion to find the end of the line since it was a mass of people but everyone seemed to politely allow other guests in front of them so it worked out ok.

Heres some ride photos:

And yes, going 50+ mph is pretty cool.

While we were in line and it was taking longer and longer to get on the actual ride I had been texting Kathy (KatMark) since they were finished with their lunch and able to meet up with us briefly before our lunch reservation in Mexico.

We booked it to Mexico where we were meeting Kathy and Mark by San Angel Inn restaurant. I have to hand it to them to trek all the way from their lunch in France to Mexico in this heat. Maybe they really wanted to try on sombreros and we just happened to be where those hats were located.

We were able to chat briefly and of course foist our camera off on Mark to take our photo. Comparing notes we found out that we were dining at the same restaurant within 30 minutes of each other tonight. You know what that means... We're not done running into each other. We said our goodbyes and were checked in for lunch.

We were seated at table for 2 right on the water. It was the perfect spot with a great view of the faux volcano and pyramid.

Photo of us: Uhhh the flash didnt go off.

You will have to trust me on this one, we were in the photo. If we had timed this better you would have seen Kathy and Mark sailing by in the background since they took a ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour. Good thing we were seated by the water since we could wave back.

There's a flash!

To read my Dining Review for SAI, please proceed here.

Sunlight!

What to do next? We decided to leave Epcot so we could check into YC. But not so fast since we had all of WS to circumnavigate to get to the International Gateway. We stopped at the American Pavilion and caught the end of the Voices of Liberty performance - specifically, their rendition of the National Anthem. Then we headed upstairs for the American Adventure show. No matter how many times I see this I still shed a tear or two.

Inside theater:

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 11-14-2013 at 02:42 AM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #917
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

did I read that right

Ok am I mistaken or did you say you are not a DVC member? Do you rent points from some one in particular that you trust or what?? Really curious about staying at the villas

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #918
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Ok am I mistaken or did you say you are not a DVC member? Do you rent points from some one in particular that you trust or what?? Really curious about staying at the villas
Hi Trish! No, you're not mistaken, we don't own DVC. We use the discounts and usually travel during the non-peak times of the year. The obvious savings with renting points isn't lost on me. Gee, just think of additional trips we would take if it was cheaper!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #919
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

recomendations

do you recommend any particular site to rent dvc points at I know you seem to stay in the villas a lot.....curious if this would save us money compared to getting 2 rooms at CSR BC

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #920
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
do you recommend any particular site to rent dvc points at I know you seem to stay in the villas a lot.....curious if this would save us money compared to getting 2 rooms at CSR BC
You may want to try reading the DVC page here since there is a wealth of information. Dave's DVC is the predominant site for which I'm familiar with renting DVC points. There's also a lot of DVC owners that subscribe to this thread and they may offer more information on that topic.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #921
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Mnnn, Boma Breakfast, I hope to finally do this in May. Love the last morning pictures on your balcony at AK, just makes me smile looking at them. We have never done SOAT. Really hope to in December though I am worried the lines will be frightening...I don't think it comes up as a FP+ option...or does it? Maybe I should go check again lol.

Very cute that Kathy and Mark sailed by you while eating, the lighting is horrendous in there for photos.

I shed a tear as well at American Adventure, it's become a must do for me each trip.

I've yet to see the new TT (cracking up about your original Darren comment!) but as it is one of my most favorite rides, very worried I will feel much the same.

Great updates!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #922
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

TT has always been our families favourite ride so I'm really worried whether we'll like the new version or not!!

It's so nice that you keep having DIS meets, I think my husband is banning them on our next trip
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #923
jmm476
DIS Veteran

So I'm still confused... You are supposed to use the MB for test track? But it didn't tell you to use it? No wonder I'm having nightmares about this upcoming trip. I'm going to feel like a newbie with these bands!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #924
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I'm not a huge fan of the new Test Track either. I preferred the old version... and I prefer Radiator Springs Racers to either of them

With the design a car we used the MB to design and then scanned the MB before we got into the car!

San Angel Inn is beautiful! I just wish we had liked the food! But then that was almost 5 years ago so we may give it another chance...
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #925
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I'm with ya on Test Track. It feels like a whole lot of work "designing" the vehicle in the queue for a whole lot of nothing on the actual ride. Yep, that extra 15% of power made the vehicle feel a lot faster. NOT.

I'm still grumbling about Voices of America being on a week long break when I visited the American Adventure last month. I hadn't seen them before and was really looking forward to hearing them. And taking pictures of them. Even the Fife and Drums were not available on the day I went.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #926
katt789
DIS Veteran

I definitely agree with you on the test track stuff, I just don’t like it, the old one was a lot better, and the design process just slows down the ride a heck of a lot. It doesn’t help like an interactive queue, but just slows everything down? I dunno, that’s what I felt!

San Angel will always remind me of the blue bayou? At DLR, both places I really want to eat at, as they’re IN rides..kinda…more so at DLR. Also, Holly Madison got married at the blue bayou, like, INSIDE POTC, when you’ve got money, you can do anything, bahaha!

Oh my gosh I love those plates!! Looks like a pretty good meal! I think it’s next on my list of WS places to dine, that, and Teppan Edo. I always like to return to my favourites, although without the DDP there’s NO WAY I can afford all of the delicious foods at Le Cellier, bahahaha. Question, how much is the TiW card? I’m going to have to do some research on that since we just bought AP’s the other day! Yayayaya!

Never seen the American Adventure, but love the voices of liberty, they are so talented!

Aw, you guys rent DVC’s! That’s good to know! I really do like the idea of it, I’ve wanted to do it for a while, especially at Yacht/Beach club! I’m thinking next Nov! Got some time to save for it! Lol

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #927
annie170
Mouseketeer

I preferred the first Darren in Bewitched, also. Guess we're showing our ages here!!

I love the atmosphere at San Angel Inn, but didn't care much for the food. That was quite awhile ago, so we may have to try it again. Those tostadas look delish!

American Adventure makes me cry, too. I feel like such a proud American!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #928
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Nice, pixie dusted with Fastpasses!

I am on the same wavelength with you about Test Track. The boys LOVED it in July, so we had to suffer through a few rides that just felt like they took forever.

American Adventure is one of my favorites. I get all welled up inside.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #929
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Wow, the Magic and pixie dust just always seems to find you. I'll be sticking pretty close come December to see if some of it falls off my way. Nice snag on the TT fastpasses.

I agree Brenda. While I'm not one that's necessarily against change, I am against it if it doesn't make an improvement. And the TT change doesn't make an improvement in my eyes. I'm reserving judgement on MyMagic+, but the same rules apply.

Haha, although Em clearly enjoys the design process.

San Angel Inn restaurant has to be one of the coolest looking anywhere. So amazing how much it looks like night time.

I'm deeply embarrassed to say that I have never seen the American Adventure. Now that I see all the stairs, I now know why.

Actually this really is on my to do list.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #930
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I like the new ride portion of TT, but really hated the lack of direction with designing the cars, when to tap your KTTW on the reader before you rode, etc. San Angel Inn sure is dark! The contrast between inside and outside in your pictures is crazy!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: