Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #811
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

It sounds like you had a great night... Whoa! To bed at 1:30... I hope you were sleeping in? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Very good point D~! I landed on that same realization not too long ago when I read Nermal9 (Jen's) AK update here and thought whoa! I've never seen AK after dark! Now I really want to but that means another winter trip during a busier time for extended park hours.

I love the feeling of my stomach dropping, you don't? I suppose I should be glad that not everyone likes is to the wait times don't get like TSMM.
Oh no... I love ToT... I just have issues riding it at night... It's totally different then. Give me daylight please.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #812
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

It looks like you all had a fun evening!

Bo always looks so happy to see you.

Hope you and Em have a Happy Halloween!
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2013, 05:59 AM   #813
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

I love nighttime in the parks. Plus, as an adult, I'm never out that late so it seems special to be out late.

Great ride photos! Nighttime give all the rides a new perspective.

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #814
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I like the Great Movie Ride but some day I have to get the cowboy scene! I have yet to.
Love the pics throughout the ride! And especially your last pose with Bo.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #815
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Photopass photogs!! Come now, you have everything you need for good photos.

That kid behind Mr. DDW on tower. Nice. Cute photos on aerosmith's coaster too!

Ah, the great movie ride. I love that one. I'm such a nerd, it just never gets old for me. Also, those size 8 ruby slippers...wanna share?

PS, I miss the angry bear. I could use one of those super lemon cupcakes, aka the greatest suggestion ever!
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #816
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #817
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Soooo, how did I fall an update behind?????? Oh well, just more to read!!!

Haha, for some reason, even though I stop for tons of photos, I still always end up ahead of everyone else. Disney gives me wings I guess.

Hmmm, I'm not sure "free" and "Disney" will ever really go together, but it's a nice thought.

Photopass really seems to be hit or miss. I've seen some wonderful photos and also some less than wonderful photos. I really thought about it for the next trip, but decided to just get the Attractions+ again.

Isn't there just something extra magical about the parks at night? This is why I refuse the whole "half day" park argument. All the parks are an entirely different experience in the day and the night.

It's in the night especially that I am content with just wandering and observing these beautiful Disney parks. Yeah, I like the rides too, but there's just something so peaceful about the parks at night, even if it's crowded.

I am absolutely requesting the Western version of the Great Movie Ride next time. Why is it so hard to get!!?? Somehow they must recognize someone as a Diser as automatically put them in the Gangster car.

I think it's so great that you have your traditional Bo photo. Now if they'd just put a Stacey out in the parks somewhere...
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #818
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love that walk between the Boardwalk and DHS! Your photos are great!
Ahh, the GMR never gets old! Such a must-do! Love the photo of you and Bo-- especially your pink purse! Too cute!
klacey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #819
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Another great update! Following along and can't wait to read more!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #820
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

After years and years and more boring years of having the gangster scene in the GMR we struck gold. We were in the park late afternoon for dinner and had time to kill so we decided to hit the GMR. I asked the CM positioned in the doorway that goes to the theater room (is that it's name? that's what I call it ) if they were running both sides. She said they were and to just ask when we got down further.

We ended up having to ask a few different CMs but sure enough we got the bank robbery.

It was like watching a beautiful sunset, like sleeping on clean sheets, like having your husband bring you diamonds. It was a little treat that my mother and I were so grateful for.

So next time you go, ask for it until they get tired of hearing you ask for it.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #821
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

My goodness, people are usually sleeping at 12:32am, not DIS'ing. Guess you're more dedicated than me

Quote:
It was nearly midnight and we had time for one more ride and it happened to be The Great Movie Ride with the gangster scene of course. Give me some bank robberies people!!
Me too please!

Quote:
Goodbyes are so hard - especially when there's a plane right there making it
Quote:
Size 8 ruby red slippers now available
Darn it! I'm a 8 1/2.

Quote:
I had to give Bo some attention before we left.
I literally just hung my head in shame. This is one of the guys i've been trying to get a picture with for years and knew I had to on this trip. Sadly, the meet did not happen. I guess he's just too good for me

Quote:
We said our good-byes to Mr. DDW and hope that perhaps another meet up is in our future! Em and I took the bus back to AKL. We were seated next to two young ladies that were cousins who were very friendly and chatty. One of them was a DVC owner – at 21!! I was impressed.
That is impressive! I'm actually shocked that you're not a DVC member honestly. You go so often and could probably make great use of it!

Quote:
Nothing newsworthy happened the rest of the evening unless you call watching Conan interesting.
DH and I are dedicated fans and DVR him every night

Great update! Looking forward to your next update

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #822
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #823
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Brenda, thanks so much for the shout out! I've got my TR started so swing on by and hopefully I'll get my behind in gear and start cranking out the pictures. It's actually very therapeutic for my post-Disney depression.

I want you to know that I really made an effort to look for Bo (after seeing so many pictures of him from your TRs) when I went to DHS for the conference's private event on Saturday. Alas, Bo was removed since Oscar's Super Service was closed for the event. Was extremely disappointed because I was going to snap a picture of him for you.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #824
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

I've only had the bank robbery switch once, and it was years ago.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #825
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Top Thread Shout Out:

Thank you Freesone (Neal) for initially heralding the exciting news that this was the #2 DisBoards thread for September 2013! Considering Jess' Frump Style Trip Report is LEGENDARY and will NEVER be rivaled, I'm honored that anyone would choose to follow along with this report. A huge THANK YOU to all who have chosen to either take a peek, read along, or join in and comment ALL of you are sincerely appreciated. And even to those who accidently clicked on the wrong link, you deserve thanks as well!
….

And then there are all of YOU! I see so many loyal followers from some of my past Dis trip reports and dining reviews and then new readers. I realize I may have missed someone but it is not intentional. Seriously, I didn't want to leave anyone out so you all get honorable mention. I feel like Oprah, you get a shout out, and you get a shout out, you ALL get a shout out!!!

So to the following Disers, a heartfelt THANK YOU once again:
Jmm476 (Jill), Jecskc (Susan), Scottny (Scott), Mrs. Drewsky (Ashley), WDWgirl03 (Sarah), Courtneybelle (Courtney), Jabead (Barb), Rachel09985 (Rachel), DonaldDoleWhip (Mr. DDW!), Vettegirl (Lori), Alysa (yep, Alysa!), MrsB1228 (Carol), Princess_momma (Kimmy), Annie170 (Annie?), Linda67 (Linda, a fellow December Diser), Eandesmom (Cynthia), Blessedmom4 (Judy), Smile4stamps (Paula, another fellow December Diser and someone that I've been able to meet up with several times at DL), Pattiken (Patti), KathyZ (Kathy), WDWaddict, MiaBella05, YCFan (our secret!), MissPotts (Amy), livsmom04 (Charlotte), Deenbrad (Denise), awefullybigadventure, MarDgreen88 (Marissa), Katt789 (Katt future CM!), jediJill (Jill), Francis6306 (Christen), Gin0818, MEK (Mary Ellen), Freesone (Neal & Kathleen the Podcast follower and heralder!), Tallen429 (Trish), Wilma-Bride (Joh another lovely Diser that I've met a couple times), Chattadisser (Christine), Disneyfan61 (Doreen), 2xcited2sleep (Christine), EmilyinDisney (Emily), auntfrannie, foodrocksluver, wiigirl, Lisa29, dtr_angel (Melissa), Peachmermaid (Jennifer another Diser Ive met!), GrumpsWife (Trisha), BringingUpDisney, Carable (Cara), khaleesi, klacey1 (Kylie), SAT887 (Sarah), mom2m&k (Mandy), KristinAnne, Avasmommy526 (Nicole), Littlestinkerbelle,

distripplanner; momabbate (Sandy) a fellow proud military mom, Orangecats2, PlutosRHM55 (Timmy), Viva Las Disney (?sorry if youve said), Crepemyrtle, TriniandBre, lobsterkmd, Queenofallthings (Jacquie), sweetpeaandevie (Raina), Wendyt_ca, TMGosizk (Tina Marie/TM), Humblepie, Millie12591 (Camille a new BFF!), Kel585, uncw89, onejellyshelly, Bab0918, smiths02, fabulousfive, kdkdmac, self_reqing_princz (Becky), syntigger, tinawv, Goofy4prez (Bob), DMGeurts (D~), TheMaxRebo (a dad!), kbarrett, nermel9 (Jen), nfggirl5454, JohnstonMandy, JulieODC, WeatherbySwann (Blake read his Disney blog!!), burly (Kim), DisneyJo (Jo a Dis Moms Panel member and has stayed in the Cinderella Suite!), BraesMom (Crystal), TiggerRN2 (Linda), 25eels (a friend of one of my Dis meet pals), ZehnJahren, Rabbruzzetti, Blessedby3, SundancerUK (Elaine), HollyRose (Holly), princessjv, cajunfan (Lynn), Happy2012, Tinker12, kamickey, LMN, amitrat, Jerzetta, gracer9977, Blessed wth triplets,lovelygirl1975, MNtwinsplus1mom, AGPrincess (Emma), Jedimeg16 (Megan), HBGDancermom, littlenellbell (Kristy), msjprincess, ratherbeinAK, monica23535, style2k7, deedee2177, bsjs0708, princessnpirate, maddiebee, april7901, and MK2010.

Note: My apologies if I messed up a name or user name. It would be a complete oops!

Awe!!! I'm still catching up, but I got a shout-out! Woohoo!! Love your TR's so I'll ALWAYS be here… even if I'm WAY behind at page 42!!!

Back to reading!!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: