Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #676
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

I simply must go to Disneyland some day! Your photos look so lovely, kind of retro but very cool. That honey bee cupcake is simply adorable!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Sundancer UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #677
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Hi! My name is Fay. I've finally got through all the pages lol....Love your view! Helping a lot! I'm currently have two trips I'm planning. One beginning of dec with whole family (dh, 2kids ds age 5 , dd age 2, and mother in law. The other will be sometime in the summer. A "romantic" trip with my husband and I only lol.

We are planning on staying akl cl and I was hoping you knew a answer to a question I had. I don't want to call disney again lol but will if I need to. Okay, for the sunrise safari do you know if you can book it for the day you check out? Or must it be before then. It's okay if you don't know I just was hoping since you have done it before you may know. I'm new to staying at akl all together lol I am going to be lost this trip. Tia
faylynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #678
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

What an adorable update and a super fun Dismeet!

I might get the award for the most random Dismeets - but you, I think, would get the award for the most Dismeets in general. LOL And it looks like you had a really fun one!

Congrats on another year of APs... Some day - I hope to have one myself...

Those lobster nachos look ahhhh-mazing! And the lemon cupcake looks pretty good too!

Great update!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #679
pattiken
Mouseketeer

great updates as usual Brenda. Love the animal kingdom dress and funny about getting wild for free
love love those Disney land bonuses..so pretty there!! Nice to see the pina colava made another appearance

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #680
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I saw some of your Dismeet pictures on Facebook, looks like you guys had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #681
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
This worked out well since our APs expired last week so we had to renew anyway. I can now justify at least one or two more Dis trips next year since the urge to book another Disney trip immediately set in once we had those in our hands.
It isn't hard to resist planning another trip when you have an AP. After all, you have to get your money's worth, right? Disney does this on purpose with their tiered ticket prices. It is either an evil plot to get your money or brilliant marketing strategy, depending on how you view it.

Quote:
And a little something to share.... Lobster nachos
Those look delicious. I think I could eat anything if they put it on nachos.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #682
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Looks like such a fun Dismeet! You are starting to make me think you *may* be the official guide to DL . Also, I love the Haunted Mansion! I really hope I get the chance to see it in its Halloween Glorious-ness one day!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #683
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Yay a Dismeet! I love those. I remember the first time I had a Dismeet, years ago. I was at my parents house, talking about upcoming vacation plans, and mentioned I was having dinner with some of my DIS friends. My dad in particular was pretty amazed that I was meeting up with people that I "met on the internet." But I have to say, some of my best friends are my DIS peeps!

That cupcake looks DIVINE. Yummo.

I love your Disneyland pics! I must plan a trip out that way. I have been thinking and scheming about a trip next Spring; I have a brother in the Army who's stationed in Hawaii, so I want to go out and see him. I am now thinking that perhaps I will fly to LA, make a stop for a few days at Disneyland, and then go onto Hawaii.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #684
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Seeing your pictures of DLR makes me miss it. Wish DHS continued to have some form of Pixar parade. And I don't think I previously noticed how Jack Jack has a torch on this head! That's pretty cool.

Great update!!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #685
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Love your DisMeet intermission! Please be sure to go over and have a frozen apple slush in DL for me some time. Such a great treat. Wishing I could get one somewhere around here.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #686
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

Quote:
Welcome back! No worries, I think you have a great excuse for being MIA! I hope you had a great trip. Did you see a certain handsome waiter??
Ugh, NO. My parents were in The Chapeau and I went out the side door that spits you out by Tony's and I was doing this strange thing where I was craning my neck trying to look in the windows and see if he was in there. Which lead to my fiance asking me what I was looking for (I was looking at the food honey!) and my mother saying, "Can you see him? Is he in there? I think he normally works dinner. Is Becky in there?" And I said, "No, no, and why would I want to see his wife?!"

Meanwhile my father is playing with Mary Poppins' penguins who were supposed to go backstage but kept popping their heads back out.

It was the strangest 5 minutes ever.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #687
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Kathy, I can email you the photo of us with Safari Donald out front. I can also send you the photo of you and Mark that I took inside the restaurant.

I would like that, thank you.

Glad to know Mark was a hugger, now I don't feel so creepy!

You could never be creepy, my dear.

Trying to get an update up soon... I have gotten side-tracked with everyone's TRs and PTR including a special someone who just started theirs this weekend.
Hey, Mary was pressuring me to get it started.

Quote:
Goodness lady!! Have you noticed that people fly to Chicago to meet you? Eandesmom just this week for example. Let's see the zoo meet up... the waiting list to meet up with you goes on and on.

I definitely know that Cynthia did NOT fly up to Chicago to meet me but for business. You forgot to mention when Captain_Oblivious and FreezinRafiki were both in Chicago with their families a couple of summers ago and we met for lunch while the ladies and daughters went to American Girl. Or when FauntleroyFAN07 came to Chicago with his family and I met them at Milennium Park. Seriously, I think you are ahead of me with the DIS meets. But you are right...there is a load of them for December.

I LOVE your photos from your DISmeet with Lori (vettegirl). I met Lori (NOT in person) on teh DIS on the CSR thread. A lovely gal. It looks like the three of you had a blast.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #688
jdeneen4
Earning My Ears

Just started following this thread. 15 days at Disney sounds unbelievable. Can't wait for your next update!
Next Disney Trip = January 15th 2014. Staying at the Beach Club!
jdeneen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #689
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY, another Disneyland DISMEET! You are slowly but surely meeting every Diser there is. I'm also starting to think most (if not all) are going to Disneyland JUST to meet you.

Looks like a nice relaxing, fun day in D-Land. I've heard they decorate even more than Magic Kingdom for Halloween, so it must be so very cool.

The Nightmare overlay on Haunted Mansion is something I really need to see one day. It looks so fabulous.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #690
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Brenda, you are amazing! Congratulations on having a top thread! You definitely deserve it. Thank you for the shout out as well, Oprah. You are so kind!

Yay Animal Kingdom! You are so right. What place doesn't charge extra for a wild time? You gotta take advantage of it when you can.

As always, you guys are super adorable. I love the character shots. How I love their jungle trek outfits, they're so cute! I'm glad you guys had a good time at the tusker house.

Dis meet!! I love your shots of the parade. Looks like you ladies had a great time.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: