Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #556
klacey1
DIS Veteran

What a silly survey! You try to do a nice thing and get caught in the rain! Grrr
Sorry your cruise was cancelled, but it sounds like you had a fun night!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #557
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
My you are busy with updates today! Surely it's way beyond bed time for you Another great DIS meet, it's making me very excited for our December DIS meet plans
I was up wayyy too late! But I was able to say good morning to you!

Thanks and I look forward to December as well. Hopefully we won't scare Philip off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
What a fantastic update Brenda...

In all of our trips to WDW, we have yet to eat at Y&Y... The girls always want to, but they can't sacrafice a breakfast at Tusker House for it yet. LOL

I completely get that! It's hard to ditch a favorite for an unknown.

ACK! I forgot to mention that darned survey in my TR too - we were blindsided by that one, as well... Alli actually took it, and they assured us it was "quick"... Bahahaha... 20 minutes later and both of us answering the questions much the same way you did - they really did get rediculous after a while. And such a bummer that you two were soaking wet afterwards... At least you were on your way back to the resort and not back by KRR...

They need to define "quick" for those surveys. And they need to send you off with an umbrella if they cause a rain delay!

I think we looked like we just got off KRR.

I love your new room! It looks so awesome... and thankfully - it's not wet this time.

Thanks! Disney does such a great job. And yes, no wet feet in the dressing area.

Yay for Dismeets!!! WDW is the best when you have a Dismeet (or two or three) planned! And repeat Dismeets are even better! It looks like you all had a fantastic time, what a bummer about your cruise being cancelled, but it looks like you enjoyed your evening anyways.

It ended up being ok since we still were able to spend time together!

I know exactly what you mean about being the over protective parent - that would be me too... I do let the girls go to different rides in WDW by themselves - and I have even let them go as far as coming to the park a bit later... It happened once with Alli on our first girls trip and once on this last trip... And I am a total wreck the whole time... Even though - they just hop on a bus to MK and meet me inside - I am still stalking her by text constantly. DH tells me that I am way too over protective - but these are the most important people in my life... It's my instinct to be that way. LOL Very relieved for you that Em made it back to the resort safely.

As always - great update!!

D~
Thanks D~! I figured Disney was a good place to let her fly solo. It's times like these that texting is definitely appreciated by the parents more than the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Brenda I love, love, love your updates from this trip. I have booked our Disney trip for the AKL CL next June and was very apprehensive about doing so. I left the choice up to my DD (16) and this is the resort she wanted. Your pictures and the views from the balcony are helping to make me less reserved about our stay there.

As for the Dis meet; it is a highlight of any trip to WDW. I remember the meet I attended my last visit in August 2010 (Geez, it's been way too long) at Captain Cooks in the Poly, and we had such a blast. I notice DDW had the same shirt from last years meet on. I wonder if he planned it that way?
Hi Bob! How exciting that you will not only be at AKL but CL!! Enjoy the unlimited Jungle Juice in the lounge. This resort was Em's choice for our Feb/March trip as well - which happened to be an add on day. However, we loved it so much that we returned for a little longer stay this trip. I have a ton more photos but really, by the 200th picture it gets a little too much!

See, you know how awesome Dismeets can be!! As a result of Dismeets we've actually traveled with Disers outside the WDW bubble (Vegas for our last trip) so it really is a great way to make new friends.

Ha ha! Maybe Mr. DDW wore the shirt in the hopes that it would help me to recognize him better.

BTW August 2010 was our first girl trip. Wish I knew about Dismeets then but I was such a newbie and in awe of anyone who had been to WDW more than a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Haha, I don't know, I kinda like your scary pose.

Now THAT'S dedication. Documenting your survey for all of us to enjoy. Those are some weird questions.

Nah I'd say that age looks about right.

For anyone wanting to get out of a survey politely, just tell them you're from Canada and watch them run away.

I think Em just wanted to do something nice for her sister, er, I mean mother, by getting you a coke. How sweet.

That's a shame that the cruise was cancelled. I hope that never happens again.

Plan B sounded like a nice time too though.

Absolutely inside the Disney bubble. There's probably not a better place to get your feet wet so to speak.

Finally I just wanted to let you know how happy I was to see your son home safe. He truly is sacrificing a lot even for us up here in the north, so it's especially nice to see you all together.
The survey would have been fine if they simply accepted your answer. But they then grilled you on why you answered the way you did. Once the questions started getting silly is when I started to give them silly responses. Hmph!!!

You are much too kind Rob! Considering I have 3 kids older than 25 that makes it really hard to lie about my age.

The Canada excuse eh? (said like a Canuck eh?)

I should note that Em does kind things like that a lot so it was just another example. I'm blessed.

We should be fine in December with the cruise since there tends to be a lot less evening thunderstorm activities right? If it happened we'd have to have an equally awesome Plan B!

Oh Rob! That is so very very kind of you to say. Truly! My son told me that the FOB (forward operating base) that he went to was named after a Canadian - Frontenac.) Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We started staying at the BC when our oldest was 15 years old and youngest was ten years old. Eventually, we let them go off by themselves at night while we crashed. The youngest may have been 13 the first time we let them go off by themselves. They were all very responsible kids and knew the ropes. Surprisingly enough, though, they didn't take off every night. They liked to tour as a family and never slept in late. They were always ready to go at rope drop.
Ahh, I feel better! It probably gave your kids a sense of independence with being able to maneuver within the Disney bubble. What a compliment to you that they preferred being up and at 'em with you for RD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by distripplanner View Post
Wow I had a lovely surprise this morning! Two updates from you (tr & dr) waiting to be devoured! Looks like an amazing time! I so enjoy being along for the ride in your trips!
Hi there! Ha ha! I had a late night so I could get both of those posted.

Thank you and I'm glad that you are enjoying both reviews!!
emmysmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #558
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Getting caught in those pouring afternoon showers is always so much fun!!!Thankfully, we didn't have too many of them to have to avoid this trip. We got lucky enough to have them occur while we were inside dining or being entertained!

You really had some awesome DisMeets this summer. How wonderful!
Hi Linda! We try to duck inside something during the rain. It isn't often that we HAVE to be somewhere and brave the rain. We were just committed once we got past the exit with this mad dash for the bus.

Thanks! Meeting Disers is always a highlight. I think I have a couple more to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I knew I could count on you to give me a laugh when I truly needed one.

Love the photopass pics...but you really need to work on your "scared" look (I'll have Mark work on that with you in December). And your answers to the survey have me. I can just see you typing these in.

Count me in with the rest of the overprotective mothers. I knew Markie was coming into Chicago today to do some college recruiting and I insisted he text me when he got here because Alisha wasn't coming with and he made the four hour drive by himself. He said to me, "Mom, I'm 25." I said "I don't care if you are 105, you let me know you reached Chicago!"

Fun DIS meet!
Now you've given me a chuckle!! I need to not only work on the roar but Mark needs to show me his hat modeling secrets.

Why would they ask someone in the survey what made the taste of your meal good or bad.. come one? Really? Think of a better way to ask those questions.

See? The mom in us doesn't stop!! The son who moved to Houston last month I had check in every day to make sure all was well until he actually got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
All caught up with your TR, I fell waaaay behind while away. I love the pics of the sunrise safari, just amazing shots! Love the close-up of that hamming-it-up hippo, lol!

I think an evening of cocktails and good company would definitely make up for a cancelled Illuminations cruise.

Count me among the other overprotective Moms. My kids are 25 and 21 but they both understand their status as adults means nothing when stacked against a mother's capacity to worry, lol.

Really enjoying your TR Brenda, looking forward to the next installment.
Hi Carol! Geeee, someone went off to WDW for two weeks so I completely expect you to be behind!!

Thanks! That safari was great. I would like to believe that hippo came over to say hi to us and not just to move closer to the food that they were throwing in the water.

Definitely some advantages to Plan B with my Dis friends so I was glad that worked out.

Exactly! I agree about the mom thing. It never ends since we'll always be a mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
I love that pose! So cute.

Well, it may have rained but at least disney got some good feedback. What do you mean you lied about your age? Looked correct to me!

Aw yay dis meets! You guys had quite a few of those. So fun & awesome! I love hearing about them.

I would have worried too. I have your perspective though, it's the disney bubble. They're going to make sure we are taken care of.
Hi Jennifer! Ha ha! yeah, I only shaved a couple decades off my age.

Before when we've had solo time it was me leaving the kid in the room so this time the roles were reversed. It was all good though so no worries in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Brenda, your scary poses are adorable!

Your survey answers killed me We get roped into taking one of those about once per trip. They should at least offer a Fastpass or something if you take one!

Aw, Em is too sweet!

I like your dress at Captain's Grille!

Bummer about the cruise but you have another one coming up soon!

I'm glad Em got a little solo time at MK! I did that on my trip this summer. Family time is the best, obviously, but sometimes solo time can be really nice. My parents are as protective as you are, though, so I totally understand the apprehension.
Hi Courtney! Thanks! If I put my sunglasses down I may have at least had a scary hand! Oh, I like your suggestion. Come on guys, give me something for my time! Or even a Mickey sticker!

Agree, sweet kid bearing caffeine.

Thanks - that was a Billabong dress.

Yes, as a matter of fact we do have another planned...

I think we'll see more solo time in the future since I feel ok having done this once. (Not that I won't worry just a little.) It's so funny that I'm totally ok with kids going solo for other people, just not my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
I've always wondered what kind of questions were on those surveys, and now I know. You write such informative trip reports.

It looks like you guys had a fun dismeet. Too bad the illuminations cruise was cancelled, but it looks like you all made the best of the situation and still had fun.

I have a hard time leaving Jonah at the church nursery for a few hours on Sunday, so I can somewhat understand how difficult it must have been to let Em wander around the Magic Kingdom. Good practice for when she goes off to college, right?
Hi Ashley! And now you know! Glad I could share. If I hadn't taken the photos I'm not sure I would have remembered all the questions. But they were getting silly.

Thanks, I agree. The cruise didn't cancel our time together, just where we spent that time.

Oh my gosh! I remember my two youngest were so attached to me that it was so hard to leave them in the church nursery. They give out numbers for the babies/toddlers and if you see you kid's number flash on the AV screen you know they need you to come pick up your kid!! It happened to us once so from then on I was so nervous. Now nearly 18 years later its just a different anxiety! You get that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Awww, I love that picture of you and Em hugging in front of the tree.

Don't we all just love the See My Armpit pose? Hahaha.

I also call it Primeval Hurl. It's just....no.

Hahaha, I want that Dino shirt.

Those surveys do get funny sometimes. Like "really...you have to ask me that!?" Great responses though. And of course you're 25.

Aren't drinks always the backup plan when something doesn't work out?
Hi Dani! I look like I'm attacking my kid but I like that photo too!!

Yes, yes, and yes to the shirt too! Ha ha, I think I was a little annoyed by the time they go to my age. If it hadn't been raining and had the questions been serious I may have been honest and said 40!!!

You got that right! cocktails and dis friends = bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Bummer that your Illuminations cruise was canceled, but awesome that you all had such a great DIS meet. The drinks all sound yummy. Cute dress.

Too funny about the dining survey. What kind of stupid questions are those? Really? Yeah - I probably wouldn't have been too thrilled about getting soaked.

Glad you are all settled in your new room!
Hi Mary Ellen! Yep, drinks with these guys was a good back up plan and we got to stay dry.

I should have just bailed on the survey. The result was that Em was soaked as well, not just me. Live and learn I suppose.

Yes, thanks! It was nice to get back to a room and dry off AND unpack! definitely a fun activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
The Illuminations cruise is one of the things we added to our Disney Bucket list once we got back... and had already marked some things off... the Disney Bucket list just got longer when we got home!

Sorry it got cancelled. Do they rebook it or are you just out the money?

Also- you're in the Disney bubble, she'll be fine...... all is well... I'm sure.... maybe.
That's the danger of reading TRs!! Those bucket lists get longer. For the cruises you don't pay until you get there so we were not out any $. (Credit card hold for a no show though.) I did rebook.

thanks! Yes, I should be reassured knowing she's had a lot of experience traveling around Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
So it looks like the Photopass is a no go for this trip. I ordered it and foolish me thought they were still being sent lickety split like last year.. well turns out I should have done Expedited shipping as it won't be delivered until the 18th and I fly on the 17th. I guess I have it pre-ordered for our 10year anniversary trip in May!

Back to your TR though! I love that you took pics of the silly survery questions! Sad it resulted in you getting soaked! But at least you were heading back to where you had dry clothes!

The DISMeet sounds awesome! Can't wait to meet Vicki in December! Too bad Mr. DDW can't get there during that time!
Oh man! You would think you could pre-purchase those and then pick it up there.

As long as bell service didn't lose our bags we were good. (they didn't so yeah, we were good.)

Yay! You will love Vicki! I would try to bribe Mr. DDW but his last year at school is brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I do not remember EVER seeing anyone with pictures in that frame. I have a new quest!
Now you know where to look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Too bad about the cruise but looks like you guys had a fantastic time with some wonderful Dis-Friends!! Getting soaked on the way to the bus tho is never ever fun!
Hi there Jacquie! At least our Plan B was dry. (In the physical sense, not in the cocktail sense!)

At least it wasn't cold and rainy that would have been really no fun. Since it was balmy it was just slightly annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
What a silly survey! You try to do a nice thing and get caught in the rain! Grrr
Sorry your cruise was cancelled, but it sounds like you had a fun night!
What can I say, I'm there to serve Disney!

Thanks we definitely had a great evening together despite the cancelled cruise.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #559
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

okay not sure where I last commented. I have been staying caught up on reading your updates, but I'm always on my phone reading.

The safari looked really cool. The breakfast looked great afterwards. Weird that it was kinda upscale but in a counter service restaurant. I love reading your DR along with this TR! Did you ever figure out what the cream cheese was for? That survey was really random... On one of our trips I got stopped for one and did it because I thought I was going to get something cool for it (like a FP or something) so now I avoid them because it's just a waste of time.

Your DIS meet was so cool! I have yet to meet any DIS friends. Maybe someday! Sorry your Illuminations cruise was canceled. It sounds awesome even though I don't know what it is (off to look it up...)
May 2011 AKL CL Pixie Dust, Pineapples & Plummits - complete
May 2013 AoA Suite We're Late For a Very Important Date - in progress
2014 off site
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #560
April7901
Mouseketeer

Brenda, thank you so much for sharing your trip reports. I've been following along with this one, and went back and read the last two!

I'm about to leave on my very first trip ever to Disney World with my mom (on Saturday!), so reading about your trip has given me hope that we can survive without killing each other
April7901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #561
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
okay not sure where I last commented. I have been staying caught up on reading your updates, but I'm always on my phone reading.

The safari looked really cool. The breakfast looked great afterwards. Weird that it was kinda upscale but in a counter service restaurant. I love reading your DR along with this TR! Did you ever figure out what the cream cheese was for? That survey was really random... On one of our trips I got stopped for one and did it because I thought I was going to get something cool for it (like a FP or something) so now I avoid them because it's just a waste of time.

Your DIS meet was so cool! I have yet to meet any DIS friends. Maybe someday! Sorry your Illuminations cruise was canceled. It sounds awesome even though I don't know what it is (off to look it up...)
Hi Melissa! No worries. I'm pretty sure that having a little one in the house means plans, what plans??

You are exactly right, I thought how out of place it was to have linen napkins and ceramic dishes in a CS joint. And nope, never figured out the cream cheese mystery.

Not sure if I'll do a survey again anytime soon - especially if it looks like rain.

Thanks, it was ok that we had cocktails together - we had a lot of fun hanging out. In case you have not looked this up, the Illuminations cruise is a boat that you "charter" that holds up to 10 people that anchors in WS lagoon and you can have an unobstructed view of Illuminations. They cruise around before the show. The boats have drinks (soda & waters and snacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
Brenda, thank you so much for sharing your trip reports. I've been following along with this one, and went back and read the last two!

I'm about to leave on my very first trip ever to Disney World with my mom (on Saturday!), so reading about your trip has given me hope that we can survive without killing each other
Hi April!! Thank you for reading and joining in! Awwww a mother/daughter trip. I hope you have a ton of fun. That's exciting. (Of course I have the mommy perspective!) Em has been PM'd before to ask her perspective as well. (JustEmmy) In any event, I wish you a wonderful trip!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #562
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Great update! Cool DIS meets, it's always fun to put faces to names.

Yeah.. the quick surveys are never quick...I like the "I'm Canadian" trick, I'll have to remember it.

Good to see that they got your room changed and Em got you a Diet Coke, I love little unexpected gestures like that. It makes you realize that they ARE actually listening to you sometimes..

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #563
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

I love, love love, you PP pictures from AK! The one of you guys hugging is very sweet and definitely a keeper! I really like the picture frame too. I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time I'm there.

The rain is a little bit of a bummer, but I'm glad you were able to make the most of your night by enjoying what looks like a great Dismeet!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (ASMu)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #564
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Great update. Love your scary pose.

Looks like you had an amazing time with your dis-meets but too bad about the cruise being cancelled.

Sucks that you did the survey and ended up getting soaked as the reward for finishing it. Love your answers at the end.

Love all your pictures!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #565
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Ok. All caught up. Phew.

Omg your safari pics are great! I do not see blurry at all. Those Lions!!!! You got such great pics.

I really do NOT like the carnival theming at all in Dinoland. We have not been in that land in years. Now EE is awesome. DH & I rode it twice on Wed.

Yay for a Dis meet in CA.

Would love to have you come over to my TR. (first one in signature).

Now hopefully will stay caught up.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #566
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Reading the questions you were asked and your answers to that survey had me Soooo silly! And then to get caught in a downpour!

So glad to read your new room had dry carpet!

Hooray for your dismeets! But that's too bad your Illuminations cruise got rained out!

Your Plan B at the lounge was a good alternative though! And the Pina Colava looked quite lovely!

Also, in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being an overprotective parent. I know I'll be the same way with Laura (and any other future little ones). In fact, I already am and she's only a year old! As a daughter of two very overprotective parents, I can say that looking back, I really appreciate it (even if I didn't at the time). And I now find comfort in the fact that they STILL ask me to text them when I'm traveling--or just driving into St. Louis (which is only 30mins away)--or at many other times, too!

Glad that Em made it to MK and back safely!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #567
natebenma
DIS Veteran

SLOOOWWWLY catching up and it is way past my bedtime, so this will have to be it for a bit.

What an amazing experience that Sunrise Sarfari is! Although perhaps nothing outstanding at the breakfast buffet, it sure looked good and I bet hit the spot to get you fueled for the remainder of your morning.

Front row on EE!

Did you capture that picture of Betty the Yeti on the ride? Holy great picture Batman! I can barely manager to see her most times as we whiz by!

First time on Primevil Whirl, huh? I think we did this for the first time a couple of trips ago. I don't do well on spinny rides, but I can usually ride this once without any consequences.

Great ride photos from Dinosaur.

Everything at Yak & Yeti looked great! A nice sampler of the menu.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #568
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
Great update! Cool DIS meets, it's always fun to put faces to names.

Yeah.. the quick surveys are never quick...I like the "I'm Canadian" trick, I'll have to remember it.

Good to see that they got your room changed and Em got you a Diet Coke, I love little unexpected gestures like that. It makes you realize that they ARE actually listening to you sometimes..

Christine
Hi Christine! And it's good to put a voice to a face as well!!

I wonder what the CMs would do if you said that you were from the Home Office and just checking in.

ha ha ha!! Teens can be oblivious sometimes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
I love, love love, you PP pictures from AK! The one of you guys hugging is very sweet and definitely a keeper! I really like the picture frame too. I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time I'm there.

The rain is a little bit of a bummer, but I'm glad you were able to make the most of your night by enjoying what looks like a great Dismeet!
Hi Emily! Thanks! I thought it almost looked like I was attacking Em in that photo.

Our timing definitely stunk with the rain! But at least we didn't have far to go back to the hotel. We did have a great evening with our Dis friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Great update. Love your scary pose.

Looks like you had an amazing time with your dis-meets but too bad about the cruise being cancelled.

Sucks that you did the survey and ended up getting soaked as the reward for finishing it. Love your answers at the end.

Love all your pictures!!
Thank you! Seeing as how the weather was so rainy all evening I think it was just as well since I'm not sure we would have enjoyed the cruise if it was still pouring. Cocktails with friends in the lounge was just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Ok. All caught up. Phew.

Omg your safari pics are great! I do not see blurry at all. Those Lions!!!! You got such great pics.

I really do NOT like the carnival theming at all in Dinoland. We have not been in that land in years. Now EE is awesome. DH & I rode it twice on Wed.

Yay for a Dis meet in CA.

Would love to have you come over to my TR. (first one in signature).

Now hopefully will stay caught up.
Hi Doreen! Welcome back from your trip! Thanks for letting me know about your TR. I've already signed on and must say that you definitely deserved that trip after your last month! Glad you are doing better.

Thanks! The safari was pretty awesome.

I'm grateful that a couple of Disers (Smile4Stamps included) come to DL at least once a year and we are able to get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Reading the questions you were asked and your answers to that survey had me Soooo silly! And then to get caught in a downpour!

So glad to read your new room had dry carpet!

Hooray for your dismeets! But that's too bad your Illuminations cruise got rained out!

Your Plan B at the lounge was a good alternative though! And the Pina Colava looked quite lovely!

Also, in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being an overprotective parent. I know I'll be the same way with Laura (and any other future little ones). In fact, I already am and she's only a year old! As a daughter of two very overprotective parents, I can say that looking back, I really appreciate it (even if I didn't at the time). And I now find comfort in the fact that they STILL ask me to text them when I'm traveling--or just driving into St. Louis (which is only 30mins away)--or at many other times, too!

Glad that Em made it to MK and back safely!
Hi TM! What timing huh? Perhaps the downpour was avoidable if I'd of kept my camera put away and not documented the silly questions.

At least we were dry with cocktails! Plan B was great!

I find no fault in being protective with your little Laura! Even 30 years from now! See? Mom's just can't turn it off sometimes. And yes, all was well with her midnight excursion to MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
SLOOOWWWLY catching up and it is way past my bedtime, so this will have to be it for a bit.

What an amazing experience that Sunrise Sarfari is! Although perhaps nothing outstanding at the breakfast buffet, it sure looked good and I bet hit the spot to get you fueled for the remainder of your morning.

Front row on EE!

Did you capture that picture of Betty the Yeti on the ride? Holy great picture Batman! I can barely manager to see her most times as we whiz by!

First time on Primevil Whirl, huh? I think we did this for the first time a couple of trips ago. I don't do well on spinny rides, but I can usually ride this once without any consequences.

Great ride photos from Dinosaur.

Everything at Yak & Yeti looked great! A nice sampler of the menu.
Hi Dee! Glad you capped off your night right here!

Truly, the safari was awesome and the breakfast was nice - nothing amazing there but it was a great experience.

I think I squeezed off a lucky shot when we whizzed by that Yeti. Betty is it? Never heard that.

I'm usually not so sensitive to the twirly rides but it was more whip you around and then put you through the spin cycle ride. Done it. Moving on.

A few more times on Dinosaur and I think they would have been tired of seeing us at the pp+ desk.

It was rather like Asian style tapas!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #569
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Posting a quick non-Dis intermission until I post my next installment.....

As many of you know, my youngest son is home from his 9 month deployment in Afghanistan for a few weeks. We've been able to enjoy some time together and of course eating at a few favorite restaurants was in order.

Oh wait, there's a touch of Disney! Em pulled out her Magic Band during dinner!

Thank you again to all the wonderful Diser's who have wished our son well. It is always appreciated.

Here's a preview for the next trip update....

A great view first thing in the morning:

I hope you are all having a great week!

Continuing to next TR post

Sept. 2013 Top Thread Thank you and Shout Outs!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 10-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #570
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Love the little intermission to see your son! Thank him for all that he's doing for us over there. What a strong family you must be to endure his time away. What a blessing to have him home right now! Love the pics of him & Em & you all together. Enjoy this special time.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: