Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #541
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, I don't know, I kinda like your scary pose.

Now THAT'S dedication. Documenting your survey for all of us to enjoy. Those are some weird questions.

Nah I'd say that age looks about right.

For anyone wanting to get out of a survey politely, just tell them you're from Canada and watch them run away.

I think Em just wanted to do something nice for her sister, er, I mean mother, by getting you a coke. How sweet.

That's a shame that the cruise was cancelled. I hope that never happens again.

Plan B sounded like a nice time too though.

Absolutely inside the Disney bubble. There's probably not a better place to get your feet wet so to speak.

Finally I just wanted to let you know how happy I was to see your son home safe. He truly is sacrificing a lot even for us up here in the north, so it's especially nice to see you all together.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #542
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
After we all called it a night and parted ways with our Dis friends, Em decided that she wanted to take a bus to MK for EMH. I was beat so I took a taxi back to AKL and let my baby have some solo time. Despite Em being 18 in 5 months I was a bit apprehensive about having her go off on her own so late at night. We are the parents that never allowed her to sign herself out of the kids club on the cruises, or walk solo to friends’ houses, or go off on her own … yep, those overprotective parents. So this was a little beyond my comfort zone but she was inside the Disney bubble right?
We started staying at the BC when our oldest was 15 years old and youngest was ten years old. Eventually, we let them go off by themselves at night while we crashed. The youngest may have been 13 the first time we let them go off by themselves. They were all very responsible kids and knew the ropes. Surprisingly enough, though, they didn't take off every night. They liked to tour as a family and never slept in late. They were always ready to go at rope drop.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #543
distripplanner
Earning My Ears

Wow I had a lovely surprise this morning! Two updates from you (tr & dr) waiting to be devoured! Looks like an amazing time! I so enjoy being along for the ride in your trips!
distripplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #544
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Getting caught in those pouring afternoon showers is always so much fun!!! Thankfully, we didn't have too many of them to have to avoid this trip. We got lucky enough to have them occur while we were inside dining or being entertained!

You really had some awesome DisMeets this summer. How wonderful!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #545
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I knew I could count on you to give me a laugh when I truly needed one.

Love the photopass pics...but you really need to work on your "scared" look (I'll have Mark work on that with you in December). And your answers to the survey have me I can just see you typing these in.

Count me in with the rest of the overprotective mothers. I knew Markie was coming into Chicago today to do some college recruiting and I insisted he text me when he got here because Alisha wasn't coming with and he made the four hour drive by himself. He said to me, "Mom, I'm 25." I said "I don't care if you are 105, you let me know you reached Chicago!"

Fun DIS meet!
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #546
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

All caught up with your TR, I fell waaaay behind while away. I love the pics of the sunrise safari, just amazing shots! Love the close-up of that hamming-it-up hippo, lol!

I think an evening of cocktails and good company would definitely make up for a cancelled Illuminations cruise.

Count me among the other overprotective Moms. My kids are 25 and 21 but they both understand their status as adults means nothing when stacked against a mother's capacity to worry, lol.

Really enjoying your TR Brenda, looking forward to the next installment.

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #547
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

I love that pose! So cute.

Well, it may have rained but at least disney got some good feedback. What do you mean you lied about your age? Looked correct to me!

Aw yay dis meets! You guys had quite a few of those. So fun & awesome! I love hearing about them.

I would have worried too. I have your perspective though, it's the disney bubble. They're going to make sure we are taken care of.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #548
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Brenda, your scary poses are adorable!

Your survey answers killed me We get roped into taking one of those about once per trip. They should at least offer a Fastpass or something if you take one!

Aw, Em is too sweet!

I like your dress at Captain's Grille!

Bummer about the cruise but you have another one coming up soon!

I'm glad Em got a little solo time at MK! I did that on my trip this summer. Family time is the best, obviously, but sometimes solo time can be really nice. My parents are as protective as you are, though, so I totally understand the apprehension.
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #549
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I've always wondered what kind of questions were on those surveys, and now I know. You write such informative trip reports.

It looks like you guys had a fun dismeet. Too bad the illuminations cruise was cancelled, but it looks like you all made the best of the situation and still had fun.

I have a hard time leaving Jonah at the church nursery for a few hours on Sunday, so I can somewhat understand how difficult it must have been to let Em wander around the Magic Kingdom. Good practice for when she goes off to college, right?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #550
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Awww, I love that picture of you and Em hugging in front of the tree.

Don't we all just love the See My Armpit pose? Hahaha.

I also call it Primeval Hurl. It's just....no.

Hahaha, I want that Dino shirt.

Those surveys do get funny sometimes. Like "really...you have to ask me that!?" Great responses though. And of course you're 25.

Aren't drinks always the backup plan when something doesn't work out?
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #551
MEK
DIS Veteran

Bummer that your Illuminations cruise was canceled, but awesome that you all had such a great DIS meet. The drinks all sound yummy. Cute dress.

Too funny about the dining survey. What kind of stupid questions are those? Really? Yeah - I probably wouldn't have been too thrilled about getting soaked.

Glad you are all settled in your new room!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #552
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

The Illuminations cruise is one of the things we added to our Disney Bucket list once we got back... and had already marked some things off... the Disney Bucket list just got longer when we got home!

Sorry it got cancelled. Do they rebook it or are you just out the money?

Also- you're in the Disney bubble, she'll be fine...... all is well... I'm sure.... maybe.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #553
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

So it looks like the Photopass is a no go for this trip. I ordered it and foolish me thought they were still being sent lickety split like last year.. well turns out I should have done Expedited shipping as it won't be delivered until the 18th and I fly on the 17th. I guess I have it pre-ordered for our 10year anniversary trip in May!

Back to your TR though! I love that you took pics of the silly survery questions! Sad it resulted in you getting soaked! But at least you were heading back to where you had dry clothes!

The DISMeet sounds awesome! Can't wait to meet Vicki in December! Too bad Mr. DDW can't get there during that time!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #554
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
They have them in MK by Crystal Palace as well. And DHS has them on Hollywood Blvd. Not sure where they are in Epcot.
I do not remember EVER seeing anyone with pictures in that frame. I have a new quest!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: