Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #496
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there!! I just read through your entire PTR. So sorry once again about the diagnosis but sounds like you are doing ok. Yes?

Since I'm not a huge chocolate fan, I had a souvenir to take back to my hubby! I don't think he realized that those were gifts in the room. Shhh.
Aside from some tiredness and an occasional pins and needles type sensation in my legs, I'm doing VERY well!! Thank you for asking!

I promise not to tell that the chocolate was complimentary!! LOL.

Quote:
The tour departed from the main lobby and we were divided up into two groups for the two buses that were taking us to the AK park. Our safari guide, Eddy, was a young man that we recognized from our February stay at AKL. We chatted with him briefly before the tour departed so it was nice to end up being in his bus/safari truck.

<snip>

The buses drove through the back stage area that included the medical facilities, “barns” and animal dorms and other research and support facilities. No photos were allowed until we arrived inside the park so being the compliant person that I am I didn’t sneak even one picture.
I love that you're there often enough that you recognize the CMs. So jealous!!!

When I was there back in 2009, I took the backstage safari tour and it was SO hard not to be able to take pictures!!!

Quote:
My mom just had surgery so I'm cooking for her and my dad (my poor mom is in bad enough shape without me adding to her misery with my cooking! )
Hope your mom is doing well!!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #497
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

Hi Brenda! SO many great animal photos! That's crazy that they only feed the crocodiles every few months in the winter...I get cranky if I go a few hours without being fed
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #498
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Ok, so staying CL at AKL and doing the sunrise safari is now on the must do someday (soon!) list!! Wow, wow, wow!!!

I think I may have learned more factoids in your posts than I have in quite a few regular safaris. Very interesting. Except the rotting food in the gator's tummy (or are they crocs?) Just kidding, that was interesting too.

Love the hippo pics. Aren't they so cute with their little whiskers?

Can't believe you saw three lions. Wow! They seem to always be hiding when I go.

Bummer the elephants weren't out. But I guess that's the way it goes.

How long was the safari? Sure looks like you got to hear a lot of info and see some great interactions.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #499
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Just caught up. What I love about your reports Brenda is little extra Disneyland stuff thks for that very fun.
Room very nice, blahhh on the noisy neighbours and wet floor...although I guess wet floor means clean floor lol I hope.
Very fun on the safari, great animal shots. This would be such a fun adventure rather than the regular old safari in the middle of the day.

I work from home so I totally get the pj reference

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #500
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yay for a DISmeet! Sounds like a lovely evening!

I love that I am reading about more and more DISmeets! Remember when we were all so timid about DISmeets (i.e. meeting creepy internet strangers). Glad everyone has moved beyond that stage!
Hi Mary Ellen: It certainly was!

My first Dismeet was only last summer so I have a lot of catching up to get caught up with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
It sounds like you had a fantastic Dismeet! I loved seeing all of the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

D~
Thanks D~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yep I really did. It was a one year course at a local college. I also just dug up my text books from the course, I'm going to use them for my own lessons!

Love the DisMeet story! Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Hi Wendy! Still impressed with your skills either with or without a course!

Thanks, we had a great time together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Brenda, thank you with the kind words with my weight loss. I have been very hesitant in the past to really mention it, but Camille (Millie12591) knocked some sense into me and helped me realize it's not boasting, but instead it is helping to encourage and inspire others. I have been so suprised by the number of pm's I have received.

I'm glad Camille knocked sense into you!! Everyone who starts that journey is dying for inspiration and what is better than hearing about people who successfully reached their goals? People on the other side of success are looking for a personal story of how it was accomplished; therefore, your journey is definitely worthy of sharing!

You are right, we are big WL fans...Love, love, love the resort. However, with my DD growing up so quick (Sunday is her sweet 16) I'm not sure after next summer we will be able to get away the following year. We allowed her to pick the resort and the AKL is the one she wants to go to.

Happy Sweet 16 to your DD!!

Thank you on sharing your thoughts on Monsieur Paul; I value the opinions of three people above all others here on the DIS when it comes to Disney dining; DonaldDoleWhip, KatMark, and of course you. I am so looking forward to MP. It will be a great evening I'm sure. We will start our dining experience with a Candlight Processional lunch at Tokyo Dining, take in the Candlight processional for the first time, and then cap it off with a greatly anticipated dinner at MP.
Awww thanks! Ohh I have a CP dinner at Teppan Edo in December. This will be a first for us as well. I hope you enjoy your meals.

I'm so glad I found you on one of Kathy's threads and began to explore your experiences from your links in your signature. I can't wait to hear more of your experiences in this trip report. Ok, now I"m done hijacking your thread.
Hi Bob! No worries! I'm glad to see you commenting (NOT hijacking!) - seriously. Thank you for your kind comments as well. And Camille speaks highly of you so you must be a good guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hi Brenda! I am still here and have to get caught up, but I just wanted to say those safari pictures are awesome! I love that ride so much. Look at your lion pictures! AMAZING! It is always a treat getting to see the lions.
Hi Sarah! No worries. I hope teaching is going well with your first graders!

Glad those lions cooperated and were willing to do a group shot for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Thank you! We did have a wonderful time! I actually JUST started my TR last night! Well, just intros, but at least it's officially on the way now! The link is in my PTR.

Hooray for a DisMeet in Disneyland! Looks like you had a great time! It must be so great living that close! We've never been, but if we get stationed closer to the west coast next year, we have talked about trying to work in a trip there! We will just have to wait and see!!
Hi TM! Welcome back! I popped in to your PTR and read through your return now I need to sub for your TR!

Thanks, it is always great when Disers show up at DL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Great pictures of your meet at DL. I like how you coordinated your outfit to match your leg brace!

Did anyone on the safari ask if the ostrich eggs were real? My DH insists that they are fake.
Ha ha! I wear a lot of black for work so that wasn't hard to coordinate.

Are there ostrich eggs usually laying around? If so, hmmmmm he may be right. Makes you wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Music to my ears.

Bob, I'm so proud of you for posting about your success, never hide your accomplishments, especially ones you worked really hard for.
There so many of us out here looking to be inspired, looking to be encouraged, and you Bob are inspiring and encouraging.

Amen sister!

I use to be a person who thought they would never and I mean NEVER get out of the hell I had gotten myself into with my body.
It took someone who was going through an much bigger hell than mine (in my PTR if you want to read about it-sorry-not meant to be a shameless plug to inspire me and to set me on the path I'm on now. Had she hidden that journey thinking no one would want to know her story.....well, I hate to think what condition I'd be in right now.
I've read up through your 'whole backstory' post and look forward to reading more. I love your boldness and honesty!

All this to say....you just never know when you'll inspire someone!! It's always good share your journey to those who will listen and to leave them encouraged that they can do the same.
Exactly! I think I almost quoted you for my DR.

Sorry Brenda, I hijack your thread.
My TR is your TR!! Anytime my dear. It is not a hijack at all but a group of folks just lovin' on and supporting each other!!

Looooved the safari pictures. I'm seriously thinking about adding a AKL night onto my trip!! I really loved seeing the lions all together!! And I thought I got some pretty good pictures this time around. Yours turned out amazing!!
I was glad to see those felines cooperating. I hear it's not often they get together for a family photo!

I think the hippo had a crush on you. He was showing off for you Brenda. See! I told you how fabulous you looked! And it took a boy hippo to prove it. Sheesh!
It could just be that he heard I was putting his photo on the internet and wanted his 15 minutes of fame!!!

The giraffes, are gorgeous!! Mackie and I had a beautiful encounter with some at the AKL, but I'm sure it was nothing compared to your experience.

I was fascinated with their delicate facial features and their long eyelashes. They are just so beautiful. I want to hear about your giraffe encounter.

Yeaaaa for a Dismeet!! Looks like y'all had a pretty great time and MEK is right, it's good to see other people have come out of their shells when it comes to meeting other Dis'ers. It is good to be safe about it, but still good to break the creepy barriers and show others how great it is when you do.
I love it when someone feels comfortable enough to even ask to meet let alone put an actual plan together. The other side of it is a pretty cool experience. And of course, so many Diser's are close friends now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Sorry I've been so busy lately! Now I have 11 pages to catch up on! At least your trip reports are so good, it's worth it!

No worries. I'm glad you are here and getting caught up! Why thanks for the compliment!

Glad you made it on to Splash! One of my favorites! And I can't wait for the Tangled bathrooms! I've never seen such gorgeous, beautiful, detailed bathrooms! I seriously doubt I will ever be so happy to see bathrooms, regardless of bladder status! I LOVE TANGLED!!! And especially Pascal! He's the best!

ha ha ha!!! Even if your bladder doesn't need a visit go and see the restrooms!! I'm with you - Tangled is our go-to travel movie.

Yay for more club level time! I love living vicariously through other people's club level adventures! And a mimosa to boot? Lucky girl! I'm a big fan of mimosas! I would've hugged the girl who offered that! I also love the chocolate animals! Stinks about the connecting room issues! I hate the mindset that "we paid a lot of money so we can throw common courtesy out the window!" Of course, there's always the possibility that they never had any to begin with.

Oh goodness. That mimosa was most welcome!

I don't think I would have minded as much if the people were just excited or weren't banging into the walls. Maybe the kids had some issues .. not sure but the mom was yelling to so I don't know.

Also sad when you can tell people are scared of people freaking out on them that they act so nervous telling you what they think is "bad news". Aye aye aye! I am so glad you were so gracious to him!

The poor guy looked like he didn't feel comfortable telling us there may be an issue. All was well though. He's the one I should have hugged!!!

The sunrise safari is an AMAZING perk! OMG. That alone is why AKL is the first CL stop on my list, if/when I ever make the big bucks! I didn't know you could watch the gators being fed! That is AWESOME! Makes me want to go even more now...how amazing! I also didn't know they could go that long without eating. FASCINATING creatures! I really love all the animals on the safari...it's such a unique experience! You got such great pictures of the lions too! What a wonderful experience!
We didn't know about the gator feeding either. Apparently, they don't do it often when guests are around. They could have just been telling us that so we felt special!

Thanks Kimmy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Another great DISmeet Brenda. I honestly think that visiting Disneyland has become secondary to visiting with the Brenda Family from Beverly Hills!

Sadly I do not have these... but now you better believe I want them!! And I need a new pair of slippers too!
Get cracka lackin' Rob! Here's a website that even has Homer Simpson slippers for me! How fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Aside from some tiredness and an occasional pins and needles type sensation in my legs, I'm doing VERY well!! Thank you for asking!

I promise not to tell that the chocolate was complimentary!! LOL.

I love that you're there often enough that you recognize the CMs. So jealous!!!

When I was there back in 2009, I took the backstage safari tour and it was SO hard not to be able to take pictures!!!

Hope your mom is doing well!!!!
Thank you so much Khaleesi for mentioning my mom - she is doing so much better. Its amazing what a week does post op! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. That's such a relief compared to what you must feel when you hear the diagnosis.

I know how hard that is to keep the camera in the bag. We did the KTTK tour and I was itching to take photos but I complied with their rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Hi Brenda! SO many great animal photos! That's crazy that they only feed the crocodiles every few months in the winter...I get cranky if I go a few hours without being fed.
Hi Courtney! Thanks! I hear ya about eating. Gotta keep me on a schedule!

BTW: I was looking at some of my photos today and I thought I spied your family in one of my photos but then I looked at your travel dates and it couldn't be. Psyched me out for a minute until I went to your TR to confirm that you could not have been in MK on 8/30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Ok, so staying CL at AKL and doing the sunrise safari is now on the must do someday (soon!) list!! Wow, wow, wow!!!

I think I may have learned more factoids in your posts than I have in quite a few regular safaris. Very interesting. Except the rotting food in the gator's tummy (or are they crocs?) Just kidding, that was interesting too.

Love the hippo pics. Aren't they so cute with their little whiskers?

Can't believe you saw three lions. Wow! They seem to always be hiding when I go.

Bummer the elephants weren't out. But I guess that's the way it goes.

How long was the safari? Sure looks like you got to hear a lot of info and see some great interactions.
Thanks!! It was a great tour. I just wish I could retain all the factoids they shared. There was just too much to see since it was our first time it was all new.

The actual safari was about an hour. Then the breakfast was another hour or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Just caught up. What I love about your reports Brenda is little extra Disneyland stuff. thks for that very fun.
Room very nice, blahhh on the noisy neighbours. and wet floor...although I guess wet floor means clean floor lol I hope.
Very fun on the safari, great animal shots. This would be such a fun adventure rather than the regular old safari in the middle of the day.

I work from home so I totally get the pj reference.
Hi Patti!! Ha ha! yeah, DL bonus content included. Usually only when we have a Dismeet though otherwise it could be very boring!

Now I want to do the regular safari to compare the two AND to see those elephants.

That's so funny that you can relate to the "casual" attire for working from home. We had someone from our office dress as an "off premises worker" for Halloween last year and she wore PJs and had messy hair with crumbs all over her. An exaggeration for sure but you get the implication!

Thanks for getting caught up! I hope you had a great weekend!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #501
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sunday August 18, 2013: Day 3, Part 4

When we exited the safari it was just after 9am and the park was open and people were rushing to catch one of the first of the tours.

We were led to Pizzafari for our breakfast buffet. The large room at the rear of the restaurant had been set up for the buffet with each safari party table identified with a name card. We had a nice little table for two that included real stoneware dishes and linen napkins. Fancy!

My official dining review may be found here. If you don’t feel like reading it then you’ll never know that we posed with another chef, made friends with our tour guide who gave me his number to arrange for a private safari tour, or that we indulged in a signature breakfast dish only found here! No pressure!! I can't resist sharing just one photo. This was Eddy our safari guide.

Before we left, we thanked Eddy for a great job with the tour and for treatment and then had a hilarious exchange that is described here in this video. The annoying cackle at the end would have been edited out had I known how to do so!! Seriously, I regret that annoyance.

Post breakfast photos:

On to some rides and other attractions shall we? The first order of business was to check out the wait time for EE. It was about 40 minutes so we pulled some fast passes with a return around noon. (We hadn’t booked any FP+ for this day.)

We noticed that the photopass photographer with EE in the background had the picture frames which looked like fun. We did the “see my armpit” pose before moving on to cross a Must Do off our list.

Better angle:

We passed under the great belly of the Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama and went straight to …. Primeval Whirl!

I get that this is supposed to be a carnival themed dinosaur play area but it just seems a bit cheesy. (While Gertie the dino at DHS’s Echo Lake is definitely NOT cheesy!) The ride itself reminded me of Goofy’s Flight School (renamed from Mulhulland Madness at DCA) however, when it started to spin, whoa!!! Hold on to your possessions and your kids. We safely made it back to the present time; however I renamed this the Primeval Hurl! Oh my! Not sure how we missed this ride all these years but we successfully marked a second item off our Must Do list – Ride any Dino-Rama ride at AK. (I had to correct my Must Do list.)

Leaving Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama behind, it was time for our FP for EE. We were seated in the front row (wooo-hoooo!) and saw first-hand the Yeti ripping up the tracks. I had the feeling he wasn’t welcoming us to his mountain.

Seriously though, Disney hit a home run when they designed this ride! A roller coaster that goes backwards in the dark with a scary mythological (or is he?) creature roaring in displeasure.

Unfortunately our ride photo was so horrid that I didn’t even snap a photo of the monitor.

Keeping with the theme of rides that have creatures that roar and intimidate, we proceeded to Dinosaur which was walk on. In fact, we had nothing better to do before lunch so we went on this back to back to back with no wait each time.

Ride photo #1

Ride photo #2

Ride photo #3

It doesn’t beat DisneyKid4Life's (Rob) 7x back to back EE marathon but it worked for us.

Love the Dino shirt:

It was nearing 1:30 and time for our Yak & Yeti lunch so we went back to Asia to the restaurant. I’m a huge Y&Y fan!! I love the food, cocktail selection and theming but mostly the dessert!! To find out what exciting cocktail I ordered and who was called sweetheart throughout our dining experience you’ll have to read my dining review here.

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 10-29-2013 at 01:56 AM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #502
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Oh, no not Primeval Hurl! I got talked into that ride once and ONCE is all it will be!. We were in a car with a little girl about 8 and her Dad. I kept hoping that I wouldn’t hurl on the little girl the whole time it was spinning, I was going to be soooo embarrassed if I did. Like you said…it’s checked off the must do list.

Your dinosaur pictures are too funny! I like that you can tell in the pictures who is riding it for the first time by their reactions.

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #503
littlenellbell
Mouseketeer

Hello! I'm coming out of lurkdom to let you know how much I enjoy reading your trip reports! You and your daughter seem to have so much fun together. I hope that one day my daughter and I can take fun girls only trips together like this when she gets older.
My family and I won a contest and we were lucky enough to stay in Cinderella's Castle Suite a couple weeks ago. I'm curious to see how you were able to tour it and what you thought about it. Can't wait to hear more!
littlenellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #504
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We noticed that the photopass photographer with EE in the background had the picture frames which looked like fun. We did the see my armpit pose before moving on to cross a Must Do off our list.
Actually, this is a nicely framed picture with the mountain almost centered perfectly.

Quote:
We passed under the great belly of the Chester and Hesters Dino-Rama and went straight to &. Primeval Whirl!

I get that this is supposed to be a carnival themed dinosaur play area but it just seems a bit cheesy. (While Gertie the dino at DHSs Echo Lake is definitely NOT cheesy!) The ride itself reminded me of Goofys Flight School (renamed from Mulhulland Madness at DCA) however, when it started to spin, whoa!!! Hold on to your possessions and your kids. We safely made it back to the present time; however I renamed this the Primeval Hurl! Oh my! Not sure how we missed this ride all these years but we successfully marked a second item off our Must Do list  Ride any Dino-Rama ride at AK. (I had to correct my Must Do list.)
I read the backstory on Dino-Rama, which explains why the heck Disney would put something so out of place in a theme park dedicated to wild animals. Now I want to go back and explore all those little details.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._dinorama.html

My only experience with Primeval Whirl as when my 3-1/2 year old granddaughter got tired of riding the kiddie rides and wanted to go on it last February. When I told her that she was too short, she had a major meltdown. Her signature move is to melt to the ground, like a limp marionette, when she doesn't get her way. Luckily, the rest of the family had just finished riding the Dinosaur ride and Mommy helped me pick DGD off the pavement.

Actually, the meltdown was worth it since that meant that I didn't have to ride Priemval Hurl. I prefer to avoid rides that make me throw up.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #505
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Get cracka lackin' Rob! Here's a website that even has Homer Simpson slippers for me! How fun!
Haha, I actually DO have the Homer Simpson ones.

Ha, nice video as always. And to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if you were friends with the Mayor of Orlando.

Those "picture frame" photos are a nice touch I think. At least it's something different.

Hmmm, Expedition Everest... I may have to try that one.

Hahaha, sadly it was actually only 7 in a row. , but was indeed 11 overall. But YAY another Shout Out!!!

I so love looking at ride photos. Whenever I leave a ride I always check out all that are on the screen. Some of the reactions are so priceless.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #506
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, what a fun update.

I love the photopass pictures...very cute (especially the one with the frame!).

Primevil Whirl doesn't bother me all that much; I do tend to only do it if the girls beg me to do it. It's certainly not something I want to do every trip.

Three times in a row for Dinosaur??? Wow...I can do two, but not three (and I tend to only do one now because Mark won't ride it).
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #507
bsjs0708
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sunday August 18, 2013: Day 3, Part 4

When we exited the safari it was just after 9am and the park was open and people were rushing to catch one of the first of the tours.

We were led to Pizzafari for our breakfast buffet. The large room at the rear of the restaurant had been set up for the buffet with each safari party table identified with a name card. We had a nice little table for two that included real stoneware dishes and linen napkins. Fancy!

My official dining review may be found here. If you don’t feel like reading it then you’ll never know that we posed with another chef, made friends with our tour guide who gave me his number to arrange for a private safari tour, or that we indulged in a signature breakfast dish only found here! No pressure!! I can't resist sharing just one photo. This was Eddy our safari guide.

Before we left, we thanked Eddy for a great job with the tour and for treatment and then had a hilarious exchange that is described here in this video. The annoying cackle at the end would have been edited out had I known how to do so!! Seriously, I regret that annoyance.

Post breakfast photos:

On to some rides and other attractions shall we? The first order of business was to check out the wait time for EE. It was about 40 minutes so we pulled some fast passes with a return around noon. (We hadn’t booked any FP+ for this day.)

We noticed that the photopass photographer with EE in the background had the picture frames which looked like fun. We did the “see my armpit” pose before moving on to cross a Must Do off our list.

Better angle:

We passed under the great belly of the Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama and went straight to …. Primeval Whirl!

I get that this is supposed to be a carnival themed dinosaur play area but it just seems a bit cheesy. (While Gertie the dino at DHS’s Echo Lake is definitely NOT cheesy!) The ride itself reminded me of Goofy’s Flight School (renamed from Mulhulland Madness at DCA) however, when it started to spin, whoa!!! Hold on to your possessions and your kids. We safely made it back to the present time; however I renamed this the Primeval Hurl! Oh my! Not sure how we missed this ride all these years but we successfully marked a second item off our Must Do list – Ride any Dino-Rama ride at AK. (I had to correct my Must Do list.)

Leaving Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama behind, it was time for our FP for EE. We were seated in the front row (wooo-hoooo!) and saw first-hand the Yeti ripping up the tracks. I had the feeling he wasn’t welcoming us to his mountain.

Seriously though, Disney hit a home run when they designed this ride! A roller coaster that goes backwards in the dark with a scary mythological (or is he?) creature roaring in displeasure.

Unfortunately our ride photo was so horrid that I didn’t even snap a photo of the monitor.

Keeping with the theme of rides that have creatures that roar and intimidate, we proceeded to Dinosaur which was walk on. In fact, we had nothing better to do before lunch so we went on this back to back to back with no wait each time.

Ride photo #1

Ride photo #2

Ride photo #3

It doesn’t beat DisneyKid4Life's (Rob) 10x back to back EE marathon but it worked for us.

Love the Dino shirt:

It was nearing 1:30 and time for our Yak & Yeti lunch so we went back to Asia to the restaurant. I’m a huge Y&Y fan!! I love the food, cocktail selection and theming but mostly the dessert!! To find out what exciting cocktail I ordered and who was called sweetheart throughout our dining experience you’ll have to read my dining review here.

Just love the mommie-daughter pics..I have 2 adult daughters and I have taken them separately on mom-daughter trips to Disney and they are truly magical trips...

[
bsjs0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #508
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Brenda, you and Em seem to have so much fun. I loved seeing that video of you after your breakfast. Yak and Yeti is one of my favorite ADR. I even have been known to dream about it. It is good that I can get my egg roll fix at the CS since I'm not making any ADRs for next trip. I can't wait to hear whats next!
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #509
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda!

I agree with your assessment of Dinoland in general. The theming just doesn't feel Disney enough for me and reminds me of a local carnival. I do enjoy Dinosaur the ride though. Awesome that you got to go three times in a row! Laughing at the couple sitting next to you in the first picture who appears to be leaning into your personal space a tad too much.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #510
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Great update. Love all the pictures and the whole experience with Eddie. That breakfast looked delicious and I love all the animals all over the place. We have been there for lunch before and really like that meal.

Yeah for ride photos. I am totally looking forward to getting all the ride photos with my Photopass Plus. Mostly though I just can't wait to hit the rides. I am a roller-coaster junkie going through withdrawals.

Can't do Primeaval Whirl. Nothing that spins. My DS begged me to go on the Tilt-a-whirl with him this summer and I just kept repeating "don't throw up" over and over. I can ride the biggest, baddest roller coasters with no problem but get me on something that spins and it's all over.

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: