Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #346
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Loving the pictures in this last series of updates! Your pictures from Pirates are AWESOME!!! I love that fire scene.

The Splash pictures also had some great detail. I have never noticed those bear paw prints before.

Wow, bad nachos AND camel spit???

I have heard about the Rapunzel bathrooms, but yours are the first pictures I have seen.

for meeting disneyfreak616 again!

The club level offerings look really interesting. I would love trying those out.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #347
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I can't even imagine 2 weeks in WDW! Can't wait join in!!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #348
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

This should be interesting in a few weeks with the magic bands & FP. I am so used to having the time stamp on the FP to know we are there are the right time.

Good idea with the snacks at AKL CL. Mimosa yes please.

Not good that they could not fix anything with the bands. I guess it is all new to them too. I am sure it will be a learning curve for all CM's.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #349
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just found you TR and I am in. The title got me immediately, I am so excited to see what's coming up. First of all, I thought going shopping was a requirement before any vacation. I am loving all of your pictures. I loved the WL pics now I am waiting to read all about the AKL. We are trying to decide between the two for our next trip. I also found your dining report getting caught up there next!

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #350
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Ok, let me get the girly things out of the way....LOVE your bag, I have the same one just different colour....great minds think alike I guess You two just remind me of Shan and I....you always look so happy, I love it!

Love AKL...especially Jambo House, it's our favourite place! A little cocktail never hurt anyone upon arrival either
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #351
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I did not know about the hidden Pascals in the Tangled area. Thanks for that tip... we will be searching for them for sure when we go next month!

I can't remember if I have said this before (probably!) but I am very intrigued by CL. I've never done it but think I may have to give it a whirl on an upcoming trip. I have too many favorite restaurants and snacks to probably get my money's worth out of the spread they put out but it would still be fun to try!

Just added Jiko to our October itinerary. I read your dining review and said to myself, why aren't we eating there??? LOL. So now we are. So yummy! And I just love exploring that resort. One of my favorites, for sure!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #352
MNtwinsplus1mom
Mouseketeer

So excited to see you have a new trip report. I love the mother-daughter theme. Looks like you two have an amazing time together! I am especially looking forward to hearing about how you got in to see the suite in Cinderella Castle, how you liked Yee-ha Bob, and how the tea at GF went. The last two are must-dos for my next trip, but I have some convincing to do to get my three boys and husband into the tea room....
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - Aulani
Counting down to November stay in WDW
MNtwinsplus1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #353
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Brenda, I absolutely LOVE reading your trip and dining reports. Love that you take the time to notice all the special details. That is what I love most and reading your reports makes me want to be there so badly! You do an amazing job. Also, I have to say, I am in love with the pink bag you are carrying in the last few post!

"ABA"...Marta
Old 09-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #354
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Subbing! I'm a little late, but loving all the updates!! Love your Disney wardrobe pics and the pre-Disney Disney snacks on the plane. And what a cool photo of you guys checking into the Wilderness Lodge - that's such a smart idea to have the CM take it, you get a totally different perspective!

Ahhhh...so many wonderful resorts. And now the Kilamanjaro Club - LOVE. Can't wait for more!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #355
KatMark
DIS Veteran

My goodness...our updates did sound very similar (ours was minus the Carousel of Progress...wasn't ready for my nap yet ).

Love your two little videos...you and Em are just too cute.

Love AKL (so hoping we stay there with the kids next year).

How nice of the CM to bring you a Mimosa.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #356
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Hey Brenda!!

Loving your posts, this is turning out to be a hot trip for y'all, huh? It's hard to transition to that when you are use to living in southern Cali.
Speaking of, we are having outstanding weather here, we have the windows open and enjoying the cooler, dryer than normal air. Hope it lasts for a good long time.

I have to agree with you on the theming for BTMR, I like that we go down to the platform at WDW better than DL's version. Since they've done the refurb at WDW, it's pretty outstanding!!

You take such great pictures! What camera do you have again?
As we're going up the first hill on BTMR, I always look down into the pools on the right, I like watching the drops (coming from the stalactites) make ripples in the pools, and then watch them "change colors" as they do. : Just one of the quirky things I do while in the MK.

You aren't alone on POTC when it comes to spotting the Mermaids, Mackie caught them but I never could. They light up on each side of the boat right before getting to the area where the very, hippy, mermaid skeleton is. Mackie said the mermaid images kinda ripple through the water and then do a little splash with their tail, I'll take her word for it because I have no clue! They also added the little diddy My Jolly Sailor Bold that one of the sirens sings in the POTC movie as well.

Direct hit!! I have a love/hate relationship with that silly camel, I'm convinced he tries to take people's cameras out, he's not on my 'good' list, not since our 2010 trip when he tried to get my camera.

Again, loving all the pics from Splash, I just love that ride so much and it was made all that much more magical for Mackie and I upon seeing it after the big refurb.
I thought the new paint job and all the freshened up items were outstanding!! Well worth the long down time to do it.
If I had to complain it would be that it was REALLY loud in some places. And I noticed it didn't have the bromine smell any more.
Even so, I'm totally okay with the refurb, you hear and see things you didn't hear and see before (better sound system, and more lighting), and everything is beautifully painted, and in such vivid colors!!
Most of the animatronics were working, the laughing place room (all the fountains) was in working order when we first got there, although, they did have some difficulties while we were there. For an entire first half of the day Splash was down all together (on one of our MK days) and then we noticed a lot of the animatronics were no longer working again once it was back up, must be why they are having another long refurb this winter.
As long as they get it back up to show quality I'm all for it!! Seeing how amazing it is now, it kinda upsets me they allowed it to look as bad as it did for as long ad it did. Kinda like Peter Pan. That is one ride in need of a MAJOR refurb!! Glad it's getting it, or so I hear!

Love the new Tangled area!! Mackie and I really loved the new rest area but never found any of the Pascals, to be honest we didn't even know there were any to find!
When I look at the Tangled Tower area and the New FL, I keep thinking how other parts of the park should be themed so well!

We missed the CoP, it went down for a refurb while we were there and it wasn't going to be back up until after we left. I still haven't seen it.

Sorry to blab on so long! You certainly don't have to respond to everything I commented on.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #357
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

The more I read about FP+ the more I think it won't work for us this trip, but I really like the magic bands. I would constantly be showing up at the wrong time.

The tangled area looks incredible. Only Disney could make me look forward to using a public restroom.

Ahh, Carousel of Progress is such a classic. I love the history of CoP.

WL one night and AKL the next, how fun! I need to get over to your dining report and read your review of Jiko. I always found their menu to be intriguing.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #358
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

I randomly found your previous trip report when I was going through some serious withdrawal from my trip with my family in April, and seeing the Admiral Suite was incredible! And now the Dream Suite! Count me in as another follower. Maybe once I have enough forum posts to be able to post pictures I'll start my own trip report.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #359
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just catching up as we've been away for the weekend - middle of nowhere and no WiFi, couldn't even get a phone signal most of the time ..... Bliss

Lovely photos from your MK day

I do hope that we can get MBs in December - shame yours were having a few issues but I am sure they will soon be ironed out

What a fab welcome to AKL
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #360
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
The more I read about FP+ the more I think it won't work for us this trip, but I really like the magic bands. I would constantly be showing up at the wrong time.
I feel the same way! I don't have a smart phone, so I wouldn't even have an "app" to keep me up-to-speed. Sigh. I don't know that I will have a choice come March though…

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: