Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #331
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
[/CENTER]
This is a really cool picture. Love it!

I also love the picture from the ascent on Splash Mountain. Actually, all the splash photos are really good. Did you take them with a camera or your phone. So clear.

I didn't read your dining review, but I am guessing that those nachos were not your favorite culinary delight of the trip.

How annoying that Em's magic band did not work as expected. I am curious to see how ours work. We only have them for the end of the trip as I guess BWV does not use them.

What a great morning in MK. Looks like a beautiful day.

Yay for AKL checkin. I am very excited to be staying at the Jambo house this time. My last stay was in Kidani. Looking forward to your Jiko dinner as that's where we are celebrating Denny's birthday.

Wonderful updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #332
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

The Rapunzel bathrooms look beautiful! So much detail! Finding the pascals would be fun!

I love AKL! I stayed at Kidani before...so beautiful and relaxing! I have never stayed club level before, but never felt the need since we always get the dining plan when we go and usually end up with food left over on that. If/when we get to go to DL I am thinking of going club level at Paradise Pier. Would that be a good choice?

Anyway, great updates! Awesome Dismeet!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #333
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

All caught up, I love your pics in the MK.

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #334
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I have to admit, I kinda like the "personalization" thing with the MB where the CM's can call you by name. It's like Cheers and we're all Norm!

You're definitely not alone in regards to seeing the mermaids on POTC. I had to ride 3 times to see them, and to be honest, there's not a lot to see.

Wow, you know it's a busier time when Tortuga Tavern is open.

Wow, you got some amazing Splash photos. That new camera is sure paying off. One of the perils of sitting in the back is getting blocked in the ride photo.

Hahaha Critter Country... NICE!

Ahhh I so love your little video clips. Too precious. Maybe I'll get to be in one someday. You two do Disney right!

Awesome DISmeet (and so random) made even better in that you missed her in D-land I think.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #335
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Man! I got way behind again. I thought September would be kind to me and allow me some leisure time. So far -- no good!

Day one's end sounds great, very nice and relaxing. I LOVE all the lodge photos, what a gorgeous place!
Love hearing about the MBs and how they're working out. I hope we get to use them in November! There are rumours going both ways so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the mermaid additions. The mermaid skeleton freaks me out though.
You did get some great shots on POTC! That's a really dark dark ride so it's hard to get anything in there.
I can't even contain my excitement for the Tangled themed bathroom/area It's so pretty! I'll have to remember to look for 10 Pascals.
A second go-round on COP? I'm in!
AKL! AKL! I'm so excited for this part!!! AHHHH!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #336
LMN
DIS Veteran

Another great TR installment! So, did the MB's bother yours or Em's wrists? That's the part I'm unsure about- I don't know that I'll want something on my wrist- especially in the heat. That's why I stopped wearing a watch 20 years ago!

Love your embedded DR's! Great idea! Those nachos did look nasty!

The POC pics were great- one of my favorite rides. Although they could make it better by placing Johnny Depp at the entrance/exit.

And what are the odds that the camel would get you right in the face? LOL

We were at Fantasyland for their official Grand Opening on 12/6/12. We didn't make it to the Tangled Restroom, though, so thanks for those pics! Great theming. Disney sure does that right, don't they? And I didn't know about the Pascals either! Definitely something to see on our next trip.

And big kudos to that very insightful CM who brought you a mimosa! It looked fantastic! Makes me want one right now!!

Liesel
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #337
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates. The photos were awesome!!
Must watch out for those spitting camels!!!

I loved the area around Rapunzel's bathrooms. But can you believe I never went in?! I missed all that was inside! And I forgot all about looking for Pascals. Must go back!

Wow!! A mimosa for having to wait too long! Just going to have to try that CL some day. (even if only for a night) What I really want to be able to do is the safari for CL at AKL only. I absolutely love sitting and watching the animals on the savannah.

Sorry your magic bands seemed to give you trouble. But do you think the FP lines are going to be so much slower with those? I was feeling like they stalled the lines more-especially when we used ours to get into Fantasmic. And so many people are entering an area at the same time. I thought maybe we would be sent a survey after getting home on what we thought of the bands, but no such luck. I loved them for the ease of getting in and out of the rooms and at the CS food places.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #338
courtneybelle
DIS Veteran

Awesome info on the MagicBands. My mom and I are already talking about the possibility of having them for our Thanksgiving trip!

Oh my gosh, poor Brenda with the camel spit!

Wonderful Splash photos!!

Haha, funny story semi-related to the Critter Country reference...we went to Disneyland in 2011 and I loved Bengal Barbecue so much. Our next trip to the World, my dad suggested we go to that place in Adventureland where we can get meat on a stick. Uhh, that's across the country, Dad...

I found a few of Pascal's pals, but not the two that you found, I don't think! So I will have to keep an eye out next time.

Two spins on the Carousel of Progress?! I love it!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #339
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

What a pain that the MB didn't work right but the way the screen on the podium showed your name looked very cool

I love CoP and have to do it every trip but to go round twice

The CL lounge at AKL is lovely, I can't wait to see what snacks you were offered
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #340
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the photo of the MB console! I was curious how that worked for FP. Annoying that Em's wasn't working that great, though!
Only at Disney is themed bathroom area a big deal.

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #341
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Poor Em with her magic band. We don't qualify for the magic bands and I've read two or three reviews of them - are they just four fast passes a day and your room key and charging privileges all in one?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip

Up next October 2013 with our new baby!
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #342
katt789
DIS Veteran

Wowee I’ve fallen behind!! But hey, I was on vacation!! Lol, lots of good excuses to use now! Lol, but I’m here to catch up on everything!! Ugh, I WISH bags flew for free on more airlines, or at least one, I hate having to pay both ways, it adds up so much!!

Whoop! Nasty deal with the luggage!! I nearly bought one like that too this past trip, my luggage was falling apart during the trip and I wanted a nice one but they were all the hard shelled ones and I knew they wouldn’t last through an airline trip! Lol. Much less a Canadian winter! You guys look so classy when you fly! I am the frumpiest of frumps!!

The same thing happened to the BFF when she flew in, got stuck in the air so long they had to re route to Tampa to land! Eck. Glad you guys only had to wait an extra 30!

I noticed those new spiffy signs recently, I figured it was something magic band related. Eck. We’ll see how those turn out. I guess I’ll get to read some about them in here won’t I?? Great shots from the bus!

THIS RESORT LOOKS AMAZING!! Yup, officially added to my “must stay” list! It’s gorgeous!! TiW includes alcohol?? Man, I really need to look into that card, especially since I’m thinking I’m getting another AP this year! Thanks for linking the dining review!!

Isn’t it awesome to be able to have the best servers at Disney!! I’ve made good friends with one at BOG and somehow we ended up not in her section last week! Sad face! However it was still great! How awesome that he has the blue tag now! Yay!

Ah! If only my Mom could see your color coded spread sheet! She laughed at me for hand writing out a little schedule. It simply said what park, what ADR’s, and what time to be at the bus for that day!

Boourns to not having good nachos! Paige and I weren’t impressed with Casey’s ones either. Oh well! Awesome splash photos! I still always forget to leave my camera out for picture and video purposes, oh well, next time!

I just went on CoP for the first time last week! It was a nice break, I probably wouldn’t rush there in the future, but I’d go again!

AHH! Kristen!!! Yay for running into her!!

Looks like a pretty good start to a trip minus the MB not working out! I hope those problems fixed themselves in the next little bit!! Excited to see the wonderful pictures of AKL, it’s definitely my favorite resort!!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #343
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

What a fun update - where else but Disney can one get "the world's best nachos" and spit on by a camel!

Very nice of that CM to bring over a mimosa - always appreciate when workers realize that things are taking a while or something is wrong with a system and try to compensate in another way

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
**NOW COMPLETE!** Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #344
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see that bathroom!

We loved Splash Mountain, but I just read this week that it's going to be DOWN when we go in March! I'm really surprised, considering they did a huge overhaul this past winter… what gives?!?!?!

How nice of them to give you two spins on the COP! I think I may actually have to ride that this next trip. The girls have never been on it! I know… I know… I'm sorry!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: