Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #316
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sorry folks.. meant to get an update posted tonight but was preoccupied elsewhere.. here's a preview of what's to come.

emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #317
natebenma
DIS Veteran

on Mickey Waffles at WCC!!!

Breakfast looks great, and how wonderful that Jeffro was working. Love the picture at the end with the Mickey ears!

The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous, inside and out!!! We have yet to step foot in there, but this is the resort that Mark and I want to check out the most. Not necessarily stay there since our hearts lie somewhere else, but tour.

Love the first picture of you and Em in front of the castle where you are being photobombed by a baby and his dad. They start 'em young, don't they!

Nice pictures from Hall of Presidents. I considered watching this in July, but we didn't. It has been quite a few years, and the boys have never been in. Which is kind of a shame because both boys really love history, but I just can't sell this over Big Thunder or Space Mountain!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #318
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi D~! Glad I can do a huge service for you and check out of that place!

I have a survey in my email inbox about the MBs but now that I've heard rumors that they will integrate the MBs with the FP system I don't suppose they need my feedback on that one!

Yes, once we missed our window we lost our Fp+ reservations. Bummer! But it was our first park day for such a long trip we hoped we'd have an opportunity to get back to those attractions.

No HoP for you guys?? Here I'll give you the condensed version.... We had a revolution, then there was a Civil war, some other historical events and then all 43 Presidents were acknowledged for roll call and the we had a patriotic finale!!
Bummer about the FP+ reservations... I was hoping if you missed them, you could reclaim them later.

Great... now you've ruined it for me... LOL I never would have guessed that's what it was about.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #319
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I love those Wilderness Lodge photos! That resort is amazing. And how cute are those animal carvings?!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #320
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Sorry folks.. meant to get an update posted tonight but was preoccupied elsewhere.. here's a preview of what's to come.
I know where that is!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #321
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Yay! I'm all caught up Loving your TR and your pics are so fab! I was reading your TR and my DS7 asked if you were relatives (you and your daughter look like my DD4!) When I said no he thought I was messing with him haha! Anywhoo I really am enjoying this vicarious trip to the world, but glad I didn't have to endure the heat, ewww!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #322
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Joining in!!! Just getting started but will be (hopefully) caught up soon.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #323
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
on Mickey Waffles at WCC!!!

Breakfast looks great, and how wonderful that Jeffro was working. Love the picture at the end with the Mickey ears!

The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous, inside and out!!! We have yet to step foot in there, but this is the resort that Mark and I want to check out the most. Not necessarily stay there since our hearts lie somewhere else, but tour.

Love the first picture of you and Em in front of the castle where you are being photobombed by a baby and his dad. They start 'em young, don't they!

Nice pictures from Hall of Presidents. I considered watching this in July, but we didn't. It has been quite a few years, and the boys have never been in. Which is kind of a shame because both boys really love history, but I just can't sell this over Big Thunder or Space Mountain!
Hi Dee! I can imagine that if you strayed from YC/BC there would be a revolt on the thread you host!

That guy with the baby could have at least smiled for the camera!

I agree, I think the competition for other attractions means your boys won't be seeing HoP anytime soon. Kids are smarty pants now days. When I tell my kids they should go with me to see such and such they ask why? They tell me they can see it on YouTube. Kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Bummer about the FP+ reservations... I was hoping if you missed them, you could reclaim them later.

Great... now you've ruined it for me... LOL I never would have guessed that's what it was about.

D~
Oops!!! Hey, thanks for sharing the link to your fan page with me. I'm definitely a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I love those Wilderness Lodge photos! That resort is amazing. And how cute are those animal carvings?!
Hi Sarah!! Disney is all about the details!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I know where that is!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
Yay! I'm all caught up Loving your TR and your pics are so fab! I was reading your TR and my DS7 asked if you were relatives (you and your daughter look like my DD4!) When I said no he thought I was messing with him haha! Anywhoo I really am enjoying this vicarious trip to the world, but glad I didn't have to endure the heat, ewww!
Hi there!! Thank you so much for joining and reading along. That is so funny about your son. Couldn't convince him huh? Your DD must be adorable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Joining in!!! Just getting started but will be (hopefully) caught up soon.
Hi gracer! Thank you for joining in!! I'm so glad that you are here. The good news is that you haven't missed much at all. I'm moving slowly here.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #324
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 17, 2013: Day 2, Part 2

Heading towards Splash/BTMRR:

Our FP+ window was now open…so we zippity do dah’d our way to Splash where we tapped our Magic Bands in the FP line. Uh… nothing. I declared these stupid things don’t work. The CM scanned our APs and very slowly said – you’re FP isn’t good for another hour. Oops! Sorry about that. Yeah, I had mixed up our FP reservations.

Steps away is BTMRR where I nonchalantly proceeded to the FP line where my MB worked no problem. Em tapped hers and it didn’t light up. They just waved her through and didn’t bother scanning her AP. Note: When using the MBs you scan them initially when entering the FP line and then a second time where you would normally hand over your paper FP ticket. There is a console at each location that displays the guest name and typically they would thank us by name.

Magic Bands:

I love the Old West theme and details in the queue…far better job than D-land. However, it’s odd to board the train downstairs whereas in California you go upstairs to the elevated boarding platform.

Back of the train:

Watch out for the water:

Following BTMRR, we ventured into Adventureland and noticed that PotC was only 5 minutes stand by. Since this was the other FP+ reservation that we had missed earlier we were making up for it now. Again, a dark, cool ride was completely welcome.

I was on the look-out for the new mermaid additions but if there is some reflection in the water I must have missed that. I did see the freaky mermaid skeleton caught in the net in the decaying boat. How come Ariel appears to have hips?? This mermaid skeleton lends no credibility to that vision.
Photo note: I was trying some settings on my new camera so I was lucky with a couple half way decent photos but for the most part they are none-to-great of a reflection of this awesome ride.

Em was thirsty and Tortuga Tavern was across the way so we went over there to grab some water. Unfortunately, we fell for the sales pitch for their “amazing” nachos even though we weren’t particularly hungry. If you want to see how that turned out you can read my dining review here.

One funny note to insert here…. I was walking by the spitting camel in front of the Magic Carpets of Aladdin taking a photo of this creature when SPLASH! Direct hit to the face with camel “spit!”

Before our FP+ window expired, we went back to Splash where my MB worked no problem. Em had to tap hers a time or two but it finally worked. We were seated in the back which meant that we wouldn’t get drenched. Let’s sit back and enjoy the ride while we watch Br’er Rabbit find his “laughing place” and I share an assortment of photos. ….

Magic Band FP display console:

Our ride photo was a fail! The kid in front of me looks like he’s punching me in the face.

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 09-20-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #325
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 17, 2013: Day 2, Part 3

Moving on from Critter Country, errr I mean Frontierland, there was a new land that we had not yet explored! Of course, this new and wonderful place is best visited with a full bladder. Yes folks, we had not yet visited this magical land of urinals and hidden Pascals in the new Tangled rest area.

The details here are incredible! We tried but we only found 2 Pascals, the rascal really has a knack for hiding! I googled this so I can speak from a position of authority when I say that there are 10 Pascals throughout this area. I’ll have to go back another time and confirm! With that, here’s some photos of the adorable area.

Pascal #1

Pascal #2:

Ladies Room theming:

Em wanted to see Mickey’s Philharmagic next so we caught the next show after I tried to get some decent photos in the low light while waiting….

I caught Em unaware but I thought it was a cool look so here it is.

Donald’s rear end..

I can’t call myself a HUGE Carousel of Progress fan and not visit at the first opportunity. It was time to check in on John, Sarah and their family along with Rover. Due to some unknown technical difficulty we took a second spin around after the exit doors failed to open. There were people trying to stand up and leave which resulted in the CM making repeated announcements to please stay seated. They didn’t explain what was going on so I can only assume that they knew how much I liked this attraction so this was just for me! Sorry people you are at their mercy!

See the hidden Mickey among the gifts?

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 09-20-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #326
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 17, 2013: Day 2, Part 4

Back outside it was still blazing hot and we were eager to check in at our new resort, AKL. I wanted to grab a snack at MK before we left; however a revelation occurred as I was figuring out what sounded good. We were staying CL at AKL so there should be snacks out when we checked in. Brilliant! And here’s the video taken on the bus to AKL mocking that revelation! And other short video clip here.

First stop Kidani Village… not our stop. Second stop Jambo House, our stop.

When we exited the bus we were walking past the benches when we spotted a familiar face! Kristen (disneyfreak616) and her family were awaiting there. We met Kristen last summer when we ran into her a couple times. I’ve followed her TR/DRs and love her exuberant, youthful, adorableness! Of course we had to pose for photos together…. Thus the evidence of a random Dismeet! Considering she was in WDW for most of August I was hoping that this would happen!

Even though I’ve traversed the welcome mats at this resort before… I still couldn’t resist taking yet another photo.

Welcome photo downstairs:

We were brought up to the 6th floor to complete our check-in at the Club Level concierge desk. There apparently was an issue with their key printing functionality because they couldn’t get our keys to print. The check in process took a long time since all of the CMs were occupied. No worries. We had no immediate plans. After about 10 minutes a very perceptive CM hostess came over and offered to bring me a mimosa. Now we’re talking! Why yes please. It was very refreshing and very gone in 2 minutes. Hic-up!

While we were up there I wanted them to “fix” Em’s Magic Band since the scanner had not recognized it at admission earlier in the day at MK. I think we were erroneously told that the bands would allow access to the CL lounge but they never did. (For either resort so I just don’t think that functionality was rolled out yet.)

Long story short… they couldn’t “fix” anything. They eventually gave us some blank keys without our names printed on them or the dates of our stay. They would get us into our room which is really all we needed at the moment. We had dinner coming up and I sure wanted to freshen up and not be a hot mess before going to Jiko.

Last edited by emmysmommy; 10-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #327
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

You found one of my photo safari items for my trip in October!! The bag of apples and the mess Maximus left behind. The Tangled Rest Area looks soooo good. It's amazing how much effort they put into some restrooms.

Ok, is it just me or does that kid "punching you in the face" on Splash Mtn have freakishly long arms?!?

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #328
jmm476
DIS Veteran

I love CoP, but if DH was subjected to a second round like that, he would never go again. Actually, I probably would have been upset too, in a hurry to move to the next attraction.

These magic bands seem to be causing a lot of issues for a lot of people.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #329
annie170
Mouseketeer

You've kind of left us hanging on the club level snacks. Inquiring minds want to know.

Two rounds of Carousel of Progress?! Yikes!

I love the new Fantasy Land. The detailing is fantastic.

Overall, how would you rate the Magic Bands?
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #330
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Wow! I still can't belive how much you were able to accomplish this morning - try as we might, we never do...

I loved the Rapunzel area - but we never did make it into the bathrooms. We also found2 Pascals, neither of which were the same ones you did. I would also like to spend more time in this area... Cause for another trip! WHOOT!

I love that the MBs display your name - that is really cool. But clearly - there is no way that a CM could let anyone in earlier/later - unless it's still a little lenient?

And AWESOME Dismeet - you know I love those!!!

Excellent idea to wait for snacking until you checked into CL... I am curious how that turned out? I hope you didn't have to wait too long for food.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: