Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #2536
FancyNancy
Princess

Looks like you had a wonderful last day! That was so thoughtful of you to want to use your drink coupons for others. I love little random acts of kindness like that!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #2537
annie170
Mouseketeer

Yes, this has taken awhile, but I've read reports that have taken longer. At least you finished what you started and didn't abandon this altogether, so good for you!!!

Crystal Palace is an awesome last breakfast in Disney! Can't beat that puffed french toast!

I have often felt for the poor CMs in those unbearably hot costumes. I hope they get ample water and cooling off breaks.

I love how often you change clothes. Do you pack enough for two or three outfits a day? That had to be a lot of luggage for fifteen days.
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #2538
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Wo-Hoo!! Completion!! Looks like a good last day! We've never done Stitch!! I honestly don't even think about it lol.

Hmmm.... I seem to remember those drink tickets finding a home!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #2539
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Beautiful sunrise pictures - BLT definitely has some incredible views, and it looks like you definitely made the most of them!

I'm impressed that you managed to sit through Stitch's Great Escape (although I guess they restrain you, so you don't have a choice). That show was so much better when it was a terrifying (yet entertaining) Alien Encounter without a movie tie-in. They should have moved it to DHS or something instead of 'classing' it up with Stitch.

We know Alfredo! We met him when staying at CR a few years ago and he was very nice (and we saw him again at CR last July). We don't know nearly as many cast members as you do (we have a few friends scattered around certain resorts), so it's cool to recognize someone you met.

Nice job finishing this up and replying to everyone along the way! These reports can be so much work, so it's impressive that you've completed this while still keeping up with a dining report.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #2540
MonsterWDWmom
DIS Veteran

Awesome last day! I think a breakfast at MK before rope drop is the perfect way to end. Crystal Palace breakfast, I cannot wait to expirence it

I will be looking for your next TR!!

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193 (Completed)

Current Trip report : http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52350787

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #2541
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Awww Brenda, has it really been 10 months??? I know I kid a little (ok, a LOT) but I will be genuinely sad to see this end. I only kid because I know there are already 2 more trips in the can and 1 more coming soon and I get a little anxious (and confused). This was the one with the Dream Suite... right?

You know, given your proximity to DL and the ability to go there pretty much at will makes me appreciate all the more the fact that you go to extra lengths to stay in WDW just as long as possible.

I am absolutely making a special point of finding Alex next trip.

WOW, way to get in some last minute character meets. Holy. Many don't get that many in a day. Of course, I'm also counting all the extra meets with CM's and of course your super crushing Mayor.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #2542
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Brenda!!

Seriously, what a great last day in MK!! My hats off to you both for getting in as much as you could, that's awesome. I've been thinking about how we (Tyler and I) can shoot for a great day in MK on our last day too, I've been looking at flight times and trying to get an idea of what flight times they may offer for next year. We'll just have to see what they come up with.
Tell me, what time was your flight to go home? And what time did ME pick y'all up? <you don't have to answer now that we've spoken on the phone>
You probably said but I don't remember now. My thoughts are for a 6:00 o'clock flight so that we don't have to rush and we might be able to get some time in one of the parks or a resort if the park is not possible.
I figure the later the better, but not too late so I don't have my poor husband coming to get us really late from the airport. He's getting old ya know.

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for CM Alex, he looks like a hoot. I think he and Tyler would have a blast together!

CP for breakfast, my favorite and a last day tradition for us as well. I see you have the same thinking I do when it comes to breakfast, it's good to have the healthy options as well as the really good stuff!

Breakfast lasagna is no joking matter, in eating it or making it. Have you ever looked up the ingredients?!? But man! It's soooo yummy.

I'm glad to see you got some face time in with a few of the princesses, too bad no time with the head Mouse. Oh well, at least you have another trip coming up, maybe you'll see him then.

So sad y'all have left. But all good times must come to an end, TR's too, but sadly mine is not. A year later....how pathetic of me. As always I love reading your reports.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #2543
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Boooooooo last day! Even though you have been on 2 trips since.

Very cute pictures on Main Street to start off the day! So glad you were able to run into your favorite PP photographer as well, that made for some really adorable selfies.

Love the princess meet! My favorite Rapunzel! I hope to see her every time we go now. She was amazing for Paxton's very first princess meet in 2012.

I have to sincerely thank you for plugging away at this TR and keeping me so entertained and feeling like I have a little bit of the magic at home.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #2544
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic TR Brenda! I had to come out of lurkdom to say how much I enjoyed it as well as your previous TR's. I can't wait for your next one!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #2545
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Since we were right there where the pumpkin decorations were at the foot of Main Street we posed there as well. I remember Cynthia posing here with her cute orange top right in this spot. I may not be as color coordinated with the holiday but I was glad to be able to see the seasonal decorations.

[CENTER]
So I am finally back here to catch up. I read that update and thought there is NO WAY it's been that long since I've been over here. It had been a long time...but not THAT long, I missed this update!

I love those decorations and it's such a fun photo! You two look great as always although I must say, August seems too early for fall decs!

Wonderful updates. I had a lot to catch up on, Illuminations cruise and so many cute pics! I am glad you enjoyed the cruise (so much you've done it again). I think it is worth every penny and love that a couple next to you got engaged.

Love that you took a picture with Bruce, I think that is perfectly acceptable for the kid to stand in line to take the picture. Princess shots were a ton of fun and I am glad (since I've not been on the dining thread) that you shared a few pictures from your last breakfast. I've still never been there...one of these days!

What a magical trip.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:37 AM   #2546
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Brenda I've really enjoyed following along with your TR! I love how much you enjoy the CMs and the other "little things" at WDW. I hope that you'll be starting another TR soon!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #2547
happy tink
happy tink

Very sad to have it end. Although I read the whole TR in 5 or 6ish days!

I've read all of Rob's TR's, now I will need to go back and finish yours.

Love Alex, I will be looking for him in December, for sure! The picture with Em and the Mayor, priceless!

I have a feeling we will meet up at DLR, one day. My next visit will be Aug 24 & 25. Let me know if your in the neighborhood.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #2548
jmm476
DIS Veteran

What a great last morning at the MK! And you have such great pictures to help tell the story. One of these days I will stop rushing from one attraction to the next so I can really enjoy the smaller details and the CMs. But until that happens, I will enjoy reading about them on your DRs and TRs. Thank you for spending the time to create your reports!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #2549
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

It has been fun following along on your August trip. I can't believe that it was almost a year ago! Where did the time go? You must not mind the August heat too much if you are planning another August trip. We are returning to WDW in September. We usually travel to Florida in the winter months, and I'm a litle worried about the heat.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #2550
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

What a lovely morning. Relaxed last days are the way to go. The laugh floor is always so fun. I've never been to the stitch ride, sounds pretty fabulous though!

That cinderella is super pretty! Major props to the fur & face characters down there. They're so good at their job. Way to go Mary Poppins!

Southwest is so good. What a nice guy for giving free drinks! And you, for giving out your coupons to other passengers. You're so nice, Brenda. Go you!
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: