Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #241
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Location for F&W is very important I completely agree with your logic!

The room is very similar to the GC. We were there in July... look familiar?

Yes ma'am we loved our stay at The Grand!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #242
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Ahhh The WL and the GC.. 2 Dream resorts I get to stay at in the next 6 months!! Of course getting a group rate and splitting the cost 4 ways for the Grand really helps!!

I'm glad you settled in nicely for the night! I had no idea about bedtime with Duffy!?!?!?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #243
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

Loving reading your trip report! Can't wait to hear about the rest!!! It's making me want to do one after ours it is a fun way to look back over your trip when you are home!

HRH/GFV Sept 5-Sept 13, 2014/GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #244
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! The rooms sure do look prettier, and lighter now. Here is a photo from our stay in 2006. The spreads were just awful. You do seem to have all the luck when it comes to room views. That was pretty awesome for standard. (or did you get an upgrade?)

but the Lodge is just so gorgeous!

We had a woods view (it overlooked the Villas)

August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306

Last edited by Tiggerrn2; 09-14-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #246
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness Brenda, you just made my day!!!!!!! Stacey TV!!!!

Your warning is most definitely noted. It wasn't my fault Ariel jumped in the log though. But I wouldn't want to do

anything to upset my Stacey.

Seriously, thank you for that. It really did make my day.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #247
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

How in the world did I miss three updates?! I feel like such a bad diser.

You guys are so endlessly cute! I love the new SW plane! How awesome.

I thought the new magical express looked super cool too. You know, when I actually found it. No matter how many times I use it, I always end up getting turned around.

WL looks soooooo amazing. I'm super bummed that we couldn't find a room there for our short weekend trip in October, but we did get into the yacht club which i am excited about after reading your last TR. I will just have to live vicariously through you & Em for now.

I can't wait to hear more!!
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #248
MEK
DIS Veteran

Cynthia and I did stay in the villas last October and the rooms are so tired in appearance compared to the inn rooms.

Good to know about the Territory Lounge. I will definitely need to check it out.

It is hard to live out of a suitcase, isn't it? Thank goodness it was just for one night.

Hmmm - maybe I need to put Denny's socks in "time out".

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #249
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Ok, here's a little confession. I have yet to have watched Stacey. Whew, that feels better now that I've said that out loud. Actually, I can't remember a time when we turned on the TV in our Disney room since we don't spend that much time in our rooms other than sleeping.

What? No play time at MK on your first night??

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #250
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Stacey and Ariel fighting over Rob?

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #251
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thanks Tina Marie! (Do you go by TM? I don't want to shorten you name unless you are cool with it!! )
Just finished reading your updates, but wanted to make sure I didn't leave you hanging with an unanswered question before I get to that! Both names are good, TM and/or Toni-Marie. Whatever is most comfortable or easier for you. TM is a nickname that started in High School and stuck through college and is still used today! So, I'm good with it being shortened :-)

Okay, onto your updates!

We've never taken the Magical Express before and I was really surprised at the pictures of the podiums and bus lines area! It wasn't at all what I was envisioning! It's good to know what to expect now!

Driving under that arch the first time is just such an amazing feeling!

Yay! for making it to your resort! Wilderness Lodge is truly gorgeous! I loved your room pictures! That is on my resort bucket list for sure after seeing all your pictures, even if it is just for a night or two!

Looking forward to reading about your first full day in the World! :-)

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #252
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Ugghhhhh... behind already?! Stupid AP Physics!

Glad to hear you had a smooth connection in Vegas and what luck you had getting the newer style Southwest planes!

LOL @ choosing the one non-Disney movie of the list. But it's totally fine especially when you choose tangled after I can only imagine though how crowding around one small iPhone must have been before. Good choice on getting an iPad there

Oh how I wish I could just bring Disney snacks with me to Disney! This is why living in Florida or California after college is imperative.
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #253
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Okay, now I have to take notes on these exact directions to the DME area. Literally, I'm going to get my friends lost on this one. Bookmarking this update... NOW!

Loving the Magic Band-esque motif of the DME podiums, very Disney and VERY 21st century over there. Loving it!

Yay for getting those front seats on your Magical Express bus! And the photos came out awesome. The contrast between the sky and the sign is stunning. I love Disney during a sunset (or sunrise), everything looks so much more magical then.

Wilderness Lodge looks fantastic as ever! Glad to hear your one and only room request was granted. I love all the little details they have in the room especially with Chip, Dale, Bambi and Meeko on the shower tiles. And what a great view! You can see the whole resort and out over the Seven Seas Lagoon. Perfect!

STACEY! Needing my daily dose of must-do bad these days!

to classic Mickey cartoons! I'm guessing you were watching Lonesome Ghosts... maybe? Either way, one of my faves!

WOOT! All caught up (Success)! Can't wait to read about your first day in the parks!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #254
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

OMG I am just so smitten with the WL. It is so gorgeous through and through and i can't wait until I get to check in there!! Beautiful!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #255
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Oh yay!!!!! I was so bummed when your last TR was done and now you have another! Thanks for the heads up... I'm a little late getting to the party. I was recently diagnosed with MS, so I'm limiting computer time because my eyes are a little sensitive. But I'm all caught up! Yippeeee!!!!

Does it matter which side of the Magical Express bus you sit on if you want to take that awesome picture?

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: