Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #2266
jdfmommy
Earning My Ears

Welcome back!

Sounds like a great morning at Blizzard Beach! I can never quite get comfortable enough in a lazy river to really enjoy it as much as I want to - I usually end up half-walking. And I've lost a tube or two in my time as well.

LOVE that they have foot-cooler sprinklers! What a great idea

I'm pretty sure you couldn't pay me enough to go on summit plummet, so I certainly don't blame you for not waiting in that line! But Teamboat Springs sounds like a blast.

That was so nice if you to offer your spot in line to the little boy behind you in line! And I'm glad you got you pic too! In a related note, my 3yo said was just looking over my shoulder, "mommy, I saw Goofy!" Clearly, he's a fan

Good job knocking out a couple must-dos off the list - have to make room for new items on a new list - but sorry the school bread and margarita were a bit disappointing wel, I guess the school bread was just under-whelming but the margaritas sounded just gross! Oh well!
jdfmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #2267
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, is this thing still going on??? (Sorry, I had to).

I've not been to any of the Water Parks, so it's always a treat to hear about it. But OH.. MY... LORD, those rules. Just the fact that these things need to be written out makes be seriously uneasy about ever going. It leads me to believe that these things have happened in the past. That #1 alone is enough to send me back to Everest.

Oh my word, even at a Disney water park a fight breaks out. I like your idea with the glass slipper. In fact, ALL future altercations world wide should be handled this way.

AWWWW see, that's what happens when you're actually polite and giving. SO nice of you to give your spot to the little. And then to be rewarded with a picture yourself. Lovely.

Maelstom.. The wettest ride in Walt Disney World!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #2268
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! From what I could tell via Facebook it seems like you had a good time with your hubby. And I'm loving the updates.

I haven't done Blizzard Beach since 1996 but when I did it I had a blast. We haven't done them yet because Olivia has issues with her ears and won't get her head wet. No sense in paying for something we just won't use. Lol

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #2269
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Welcome back!

We have just never made time for either of the water parks, but I guess when you have the benefit of time on a long trip, it makes sense to venture to one of them. Those pool rules are a bit frightening, because...well, not everyone thinks the rules apply to them! I bet if I knew more of what happens in public pools, you couldn't catch me within ten feet of one. So sweet of you to offer up your spot for surfer Goofy and be rewarded! Disney karma at its finest.

That margarita does look good from the picture! Such a shame when you spend so much on a drink or snack that looks SO good and ends up being a disappointment. At least the school bread was okay, even if it wasn't as amazing as some DISers would lead you to believe. I do like coconut, but the custard is not something I think I'd enjoy, so I've never felt the need to try it.

Looking forward to more of this TR, and of course want to read about your December trip next!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #2270
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I'm so pleased you got to go to BB, it's our very favourite water park, we even have our own touring plan for it

My tip for the lazy river is to put the ring over your head then get your knees through followed by your feet - no danger of missing the tube then

Your afternoon sounded lovely and I'm glad you managed to tick some things off your must do list even if they weren't that great!
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #2271
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Welcome back Brenda!
Can't wait hear more about your trip but it sounds like you will be starting the December TR first :-)
What a lovely morning at BB. We've only ever been to Typhoon Lagoon but had a great time there. We may give a water park a go next trip, not sure yet
How sweet of you to offer up you spot the meet Goofy to the other family :-)
Yummy, Tokyo Dining is always a winner
Try the cucumber margarita next time, it's nowhere near so sweet and super refreshing
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #2272
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Welcome back!!
I like the idea of bus roulette!!! Especially when indifferent about the water parks... I had to laugh though at your second guessing! I feel like that would be me!

I had school bread on my to do list for he last trip... But like Em, I'm not a coconut fan... So I skipped it!

Great updates!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #2273
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Brenda, and glad you enjoyed som quality time with your husband. Nothing against Em, but why should she get all the fun?

We prefer Blizzard Beach so you won Disney Bus Roulette in my eyes. Just like the theming and slides more - though the wave pool at Typhoons Lagoon.

That was gutsy to ride Maelstrom sans poncho!

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #2274
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Brenda, and glad you enjoyed som quality time with your husband. Nothing against Em, but why should she get all the fun?

We prefer Blizzard Beach so you won Disney Bus Roulette in my eyes. Just like the theming and slides more - though the wave pool at Typhoons Lagoon.

That was gutsy to ride Maelstrom sans poncho!

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #2275
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great report of your time at Blizzard Beach! I feel like you don't hear much about the waterparks in TRs! But OMG to the girl fight -- eek!!

Full day already! Glad you got to check a few things off your to-do list!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #2276
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

so glad that you're back from your trip! Hope you had a great time!!!

I love that you checked out the water park. We are doing both on our trip.... Audrey's request.... can't say no to an 8 year old right
Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #2277
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post

I've not been to any of the Water Parks, so it's always a treat to hear about it. But OH.. MY... LORD, those rules. Just the fact that these things need to be written out makes be seriously uneasy about ever going. It leads me to believe that these things have happened in the past. That #1 alone is enough to send me back to Everest.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Um, yeah, wasn't sure quite how to express my concern over the "rules" at Blizzard Beach but alas! Rob has done so for me!!!

Glad to hear that you crossed some "must dos" off your list... Just sorry they didn't live up to the hype! I've had mostly yummy but sometimes dry school bread so maybe you got a rare dud? at any rate, for tackling your list. The avocado margarita sure looks pretty though! As does it's holder
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #2278
katt789
DIS Veteran

Awe man! I've somehow misses so many updates!!!

Lovely KTTK reviews!! How weird that you weren't allowed any cameras at all, that's odd!! AND AS IF YOU GOT TO SEE BTY IN REHEARSALS!!!! We saw hoedown going out into Frontierland but nothing else back there aside from empty floats!! UGH! lol

Tea looks lovely, it's something I'll have to check out one of these days!

Same with the waterparks! I'm thinking that will get done when I'm living down there lol! I'm not huge into waterparks, but they're fun enough!

I have to agree in not really liking the school bread,….maybe it's all the Tim Hortan's up here, but I wasn't a fan! The avacado margarita though!??! SO YUMMY!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #2279
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

GREAT update and loved the BB pics! I can't believe we purchased the PAP and will probably not make it to either of the water parks.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #2280
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Welcome back from your trip, Brenda!

You know, for the longest time not having been to BB whenever I saw the picture of the Summit Plummet I really thought that the ornamental slide was the real deal and people flew off it into a pool below. Of course now I know that the Disney lawyers would never have green lit such a slide.

The pool rules picture you took made me chuckle knowing that all of those rules are in place to prevent practically one single organism/infection which is also the reason I get extra grossed out when I see those signs by the pools. Somedays I wish I had picked a different subspecialty than infectious diseases.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: