Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #2236
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe the view of the castle from the walkway and of the EWP from your balcony! Gorgeous!
Thanks for the factoids from your tour! I always go back and forth on whether I want the magic "ruined" by taking a tour or if I want to learn some fantastic Disney history. Awesome you spotted where Tink lands! That was the best part of the WDP party for me-- she flies right over the Tomorrowland Terrace.
Have a wonderful trip!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #2237
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

We loved our KOTK tour a few years ago! Isn't it amazing how much thought goes into every single detail? I know that beforehand, but had a whole new appreciation after the tour was over!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #2238
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

Thank you for that amazing update! I wanted to do the KTTK tour on our last trip but my kids were too young and I'd have to go by myself. Fast forward four years and they are 16,14 and 11 so they are having a morning of touring by themselves and my husband and I are taking the KTTK tour! I booked it this morning. I was so inspired and interested by your report I decided I needed to do it. So thanks, Brenda!
Aristocath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #2239
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

What a lovely day you two had, the tour sounds great and if I wasn't going in the middle of the summer when it's going to be hotter than hot it's definitely something I'd like to do. I did do a tour during my training but it was designed especially for us so it'd be great to do another - plus I can't hardly remember a thing
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #2240
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a great day! I would love to do both the tour plus the tea. I know neither will make my 2015 trip. Chris thinks the tour would ruin the magic. He wants to wait till we have more visits. He would laugh at me if I suggested the tea.
I always thought you we a nicer person then me. I don't slow down for Chris. I already told him he can sleep as much as he wants. When I am ready to go to the parks I plan on going or staying later. I took it slow my first trip and it drove me nuts. Elizabeth kept up just fine. Hope you have a magical time!
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #2241
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

The tour and the tea sound amazing! I love inside disney information! I've read so much about the tour but still want to do it myself someday! Guess I'll have to wait another 14 years haha.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #2242
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Beautiful ride on the ferry, and also what a great view of the water pageant!
My parents did the KTTK tour too, they loved it! It sounds so interesting, but myself, I prefer to keep on pretending it's all running on magic. (Although DH wants to do it so I can see me giving in some day!) I don't mind heRing about it or reading about it, but I just do t want to see the things for myself just yet.

Im so glad you were able to find the correct washroom. After Rob's incident, I was afraid perhaps they were labelled incorrectly or confusingly. I will confirm that the words ladies and gentlemen are two of the few that we still spell the same here.

M. T. Lott, that's cute.

It sounds like a fantastic tour! And your evening afterwards sounds very nice too (but it's too bad you missed dinner at WPE!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #2243
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Im so glad you were able to find the correct washroom. After Rob's incident, I was afraid perhaps they were labelled incorrectly or confusingly. I will confirm that the words ladies and gentlemen are two of the few that we still spell the same here.
Way to back me up there Wendy, lol. You could have at least lied and said the spelling was different.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #2244
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda! Playing catch-up as always…..

Loved the pic of the electrical outlets in the Tangled “rest area.” I was kind of wondering where they had put those!

- I LOVE the pic of the “egg”!!!!!

Your nighttime pics on Day 11 are just gorgeous - I love the sky! And how cool to see the water pageant from your balcony - I have never seen it.

I just loved hearing about the tour! Thank you SO much for taking the time to share it. It will be quite a few years until Willow is old enough to accompany me on that tour…..

And I think you are back in WDW right now! I hope you are having a great trip!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #2245
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh, the photo of the sky turning to crimson is beautiful Brenda! I absolutely LOVED your description of the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I read every, single bit....even the hidden parts. I would love to do that some day with Morghan. How fun for Disney fans!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #2246
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Way to back me up there Wendy, lol. You could have at least lied and said the spelling was different.
Apologies. But you know, sisters before misters and all that.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #2247
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
And here's the other half of the MEK/eandesmom duo!

Thanks Cynthia!

I'm more a Cap 'n Crunch kinda gal, that's what I remember from childhood. Em is the sugar corn pops lover. I prefer unsweetened cereal for breakfast. However, put a Mickey waffle in front of me and that thing has syrup all over it.
LOL! I loved it when I was a kid but can't do it now. I have a hard time with sugar in general. The only cereal I do these days is plain cheerios with raisins or granola with raisins on my greek yogurt. I actually miss the plain cheerios, the boys want the honey nut and since they obviously need the extra calories, I do let them have it but it's too sweet for me.

Quote:
Oh, I want to hear about Evan's tour and what encounter he had. Now I'm curious!
Not really a tour, but they were backstage pre-parade and also for the recording session. He had some interesting words for it.

Quote:

Thanks! I got that dress ON SALE at the YC gift shop. I didn't think they ever had things on sale. I practically HAD to purchase it.
We bought some dresses there back in 2010, super cute and quite (surprisingly) reasonable.

Quote:
Awwww... honestly, it was a pleasure. I'm so glad your son's band had this gig in DL so that we had the opportunity to meet up. I hope it's not the last time... I'd love to spend more time meeting up in the future.
Well I will be there over labor day for a certain race....

Quote:
Poor Michael felt bad since he didn't really talk much since he couldn't hear the conversation from where he was seated.
It was pretty noisy, I know my mom and her cousin had a whole separate chat going on and I couldn't really hear that.

Quote:
I think being Spring Break factored in as well at Trader Sams. Hopefully you made it back there during your trip since it's a fun place.
It was interesting, touring plans showed the crowds at at 10 and boy on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...they were! I'd hoped it was less spring break than it was, we are usually so much later than most places but I think some schools actually time with Easter, versus a certain week each year.

Quote:
You are too sweet. I am completely jealous of how awesome you look! I can't run enough to be as fit as you.
Thank you.

I think you overestimate how much I run, and my fitness level! I am lucky on the genetic side and have gotten better in the willpower area, it's probably more those 2 things than actual exercise though that certainly doesn't hurt.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #2248
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just caught up! Excellent review! Can't wait for more!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #2249
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Day 11 ended nicely.
Nice you did the KTKT.
The tour sounds good. We had it booked last year but it got all screwed up so we did not do it.
Love going to tea.
I wish the AP discount was still 20%. I hate only 10%.
Have a great trip.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #2250
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Haha I like that you snuck a picture of the survey picture of the Mayor

I like how trivia question number 2 has the answer in number 3!

Wow with all that wonderful information from your tour, I won't need to be taking a 'real' tour now! Thanks!

I'm loving seeing all your pictures while your at WDW! Hope you're having an amazing time and can't wait to hear/read all about it.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: