Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #211
Carable
Mouseketeer

Brenda, I'm thrilled you're back and have started the TR. I've been off the grid as I've gone back to work, and I'm ready to read something FUN!

DL - '85, '91, '94
WDW - '93, '95, '09 (1st time for kiddos)
May '13 - BLT
April '14 - CBR Pirate Room
Aug '14 POR Royal Room & Cruisin' on the Fantasy

Current TR: Mortimer Walt! A Spring Break Success Story
My 1st PTR/TR...My Deep Descent into Disney Madness...May 2013
Carable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #212
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

I'm hooked! Great photos! Can't wait for another update!

Lynn
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #213
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the links- busy week and some life stuff has kept me from spending the time I would like to here on the DIS!

I loved reading about your pre-trip prep. Your haircuts look really great!

Nice list of Must Dos. Always good to have goals for a vacation! Let me know how it worked out seeing tigers on the safari!

Glad to hear that you had a fairly drama-free arrival. New plane!!! Nice!

What a riot that you packed Disney-themed snacks. Of course, everything tastes better when it is mouse-shaped!

Looking forward to your arrival at your first resort destination.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #214
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

I'm jumping in to read along!!! What a trip you must have had!!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #215
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Oooh brand new plane! A very nice surprise!

That's a cute picture of both of you in your seats!

It made me smile reading about you drawing Mickey ears on everyone in the magazine while waiting to land!

Can't wait to find out if you got on the right bus! :-)
Thanks Tina Marie! (Do you go by TM? I don't want to shorten you name unless you are cool with it!! )

You gotta do something to pass the time and we did have Disney on our brains!

Stay tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Flights are so exciting!! We tend to fly SW because I really, really, really like checked bags free!!

Yay that you did eventually watch Tangled!! I love that movie sooo much!
Hi Kimmy! See? free is good!

Yay another Tangled lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Wow, awesome new plane! And bonus that the flight attendant also doubles as trip photographer when needed, LOL. Great pic of the two of you!

I love Tangled, and it's loaded on my iPad for our upcoming trip. I watched it on the way last year too and agree it's a great "let's get fired up for Disney" movie.

Hope you were directed to the right bus this time!
Our FA was really great. That or he felt sorry for me! Thanks about the photo!

Enjoy watching Tangled on your trip as well!! How exciting that you are so close to your trip.

Let's see how that goes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
It sounds like it it was an amazing trip with your daughter. I look forward to reading more!
Thank you so very much. And thank you for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carable View Post
Brenda, I'm thrilled you're back and have started the TR. I've been off the grid as I've gone back to work, and I'm ready to read something FUN!
Hi Cara! Thanks so much. I'm glad your are joining!!! I hope all is well with work!

I finally got caught up with your TR. So many great updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
I'm hooked! Great photos! Can't wait for another update!

Lynn
Hi Lynn! Thank you for joining. I'm so glad that you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the links- busy week and some life stuff has kept me from spending the time I would like to here on the DIS!

I loved reading about your pre-trip prep. Your haircuts look really great!

Nice list of Must Dos. Always good to have goals for a vacation! Let me know how it worked out seeing tigers on the safari!

Glad to hear that you had a fairly drama-free arrival. New plane!!! Nice!

What a riot that you packed Disney-themed snacks. Of course, everything tastes better when it is mouse-shaped!

Looking forward to your arrival at your first resort destination.

No worries Dee, I'm glad you are here!

Ha ha! The tigers on the safari were apparently with the bunnies - we didn't see those either!

first resort arrival coming up shortly.....
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #216
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
I'm jumping in to read along!!! What a trip you must have had!!
Thanks so much Happy for joining!! I'm glad you are here.

(I see that you are a CoP fan or at least know the words to the song! )
Old 09-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #217
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 16, 2013: Day 1, Part 3

Time to get on the bus. We leave the driving to Disney (or in this case Mears) when we travel to WDW. We know the drill: proceed to the B terminal, escalator to the lower level, follow the signs to the DME check in podiums, present your voucher and follow directions to the first queue of our trip.

And might I add, they have fine looking new podiums that reflect a Magic Band motif don't you think?

We were scanned and waved through to line 2 where we had a short wait for our bus. Now here's where I was resigned to a back seat for the bus. There was a large party with a dozen bags in front of us in line. Once they directed us to our bus this party stood off to the side to deal with their voucher and their bags. The bus attendant waived Emily and me forward to board since we had no bags and our voucher was out for inspection. Score!!! Yes, front row seats on the bus. You know what that means.... unobstructed view of that fabulous WDW sign.

Ok, I didn't take a chapter from my last TR here for this moment and the driver DID confirm the resort stops very clearly and articulately!!! In fact, he had everyone shout out when they heard their resort. I heard Fort Wilderness and started to whoop but then realized a Fort is not a Lodge. Oops!

We passed the MAGICAL WDW sign around 7:15pm which was cool because the sky was starting to take on the pink hues from sunset. My photos don't capture the brilliance of that backdrop but I can tell you that it was fabulous!

And since one shot is not enough... let's share another:

In transit entertainment:

Wilderness Lodge was the third drop off for DME guests. It was a completely different feeling walking into the resort being a guest versus visiting for dining. I know that is rather obvious! What I'm getting at is the excitement of actually STAYING there was thrilling. Although once we stepped up to the on-line check in line there was a virtual hold placed on our vacation. They were very busy and there were long lines at regular check-in. One lady walked over to where I was standing for the on-line queue and perhaps she just had a question but the CM shooed her away. I didn't say anything... hey lady, I'm in no hurry, go right ahead of me.

Our "checking into the resort photo" (forgive the travel weary look)

Once checked-in for our 1 night stay I found that my only room request of being on the 6th floor had been granted. May I present Room 6067 a courtyard view standard room.

It's the details guys! Animal carved bed posts

Here's a few other room photos. Exciting stuff if it is your room, if it's not well then scroll down....although I warn you, you may reach a dead end.

Woodland critters in the tilework in the tub/shower:

The views from the balcony looked directly across the pool and courtyard area towards Bay Lake.

It was after 8pm at this point and the chipmunk snacks earlier on the plane could not be called a meal by any stretch of the imagination so we headed downstairs for dinner at Territory Lounge. I have a full review regarding our lovely dining experience that was posted on the Dining Boards. You can read here if you are interested in their amazing fondue, flatbreads, and chicken lollipops. Also, the first official cocktail of the trip looked something like this....Oh wait empty.

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 09-14-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #218
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Awesome!! Love the room! Hoping for one similar but with a KING bed.. Oh and a woods view lol.

You got really good pictures of the WDW sign! Great job!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #219
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Yay! Front row seats! I only wish that when Olivia and I traveled by DME in 2010 we could have gotten front row seats. Love the woodland critters tile I'm the shower! How awesome does that room look. Makes me want to book a few nights there maybe for our next trip down there.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #220
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

YAY for DME! YAY for front row seats! YAY for getting to the lodge! This part is always so exciting.

WL is absolutely gorgeous! Wow, those details are really beautiful!

Love the checking in pic, that's a great idea! I might just have to try that!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #221
kel585
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far Brenda! Always love reading your posts! Makes me relive all our wonderful trips to WDW! Looking forward to the next installment!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #222
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo for scoring front row seats, good job on sign pic.
So funny whoop for the fort..that made me chuckle. So exciting to check into a new resort.
Weary travellers or not you guys still look great!
Great room shots and love the theming with animals..again disney good job.
Ahh empty cocktail..time for another...

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #223
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Oh wow... I love this update!!!

Now, I have never stayed at WL, never even been there for a meal... But I LOVE the room - that is really cool! Your view is amazing!

I do have kind of a silly question for you... The room layout. I love how at FQ the sinks/mirrors are outside the bathroom - so someone can get ready while the other is showering. Since I have 2 teen age girls - this is super important. So, I couldn't tell from your photos... Are the vanity/mirrors in a different room than the tub/toilet? Depending on how you answer is a total deal breaker for us. LOL

I cannot wait to hear about the rest of your fabulous stay at this resort! Was one night enough? I imagine that it woulnd't be. LOL

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #224
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Wahoo for front row seat!

They should have a subqueue for people who are willing to wait for that front row - like on Big Thudner or something

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #225
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Do you aim for the front row on DME passenger side (not driver side) to get such an excellent photo of the Disney sign? We've been up near the front but I never managed such a great shot - of course you have LOTS more practice than me with all of your great visits!

Your WL photos get me so pumped for our first stay there coming up in just 2 months We'll be taking our grandson for his first WDW trip & we're all excited. We've booked a woods view bunk bed room and are hoping for a Wishes view (I made the Wishes view request.)

I hope that your ankle is continuing to heal well!
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: