Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #2176
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I fell so far behind on all my subscriptions! Real life has a nasty habit of interfering with my Dis time!

First of all, huge congrats to Emily on her engagement! She's going to be a beautiful bride!

I hate getting caught in those sudden Florida storms! They certainly come out of nowhere and will drench a person in no time flat. Frank and I got caught in one after dinner at Tutto Italia on one trip. It was raining so hard it looked like a solid sheet of water and with the wind, it was going sideways, lol. Of course that was the one time I forgot the ponchos so we were soaked to our socks as soon as we stepped out into it. We then proceeded to shiver in a bus with the a/c set to the "polar ice cap" setting. Ah, those Disney memories ...

Glad you got to check "watch Wishes from the Poly beach" off your must-do list. Even though you didn't stay for the finale, it still counts!

I love MK at night! New Fantasyland is gorgeous and I never get tired of the Tangled area. Disney did a great job there (including the bathrooms )

Sorry your meal at BoG wasn't the best. Nancy and I had a wonderful experience there as the ambience, service and food was excellent. However, I think our experience was an exception to the rule as I've read more unfavourable reviews than favourable ones. At least you got a squeeze from the Beast!

That totally looks like a fried egg!

Loved the pics and DL DisMeet reports!

Ok, all caught up and ready for more ...

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #2177
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Loving the TR as usual!

That seriously does look like an egg to me too!

What did you order on your first trip to BOG? We love the steak that is offered there although the french fries are VERY salty.

You must be busy getting ready to go again. So excited I'm sure!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #2178
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You can never have too many pictures of the Tangled bathroom area.

Sorry about the rain; I was hoping it would end after we left for you girls.

That certainly looks like an egg to me on the sidewalk.

Beautiful photos inside the Beast's castle.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #2179
katt789
DIS Veteran

Glad ya'll managed to stay dry in the monsoon!! And had a nice break back at the resort!!
oh man that lemonade REALLY does look like an egg! Bahah

So sad BOG was less than stellar for you! I have had some not so great experiences there but will always return lol

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #2180
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Hey there Brenda! Sorry its been so long but alas I am caught up....took me long enough geez. I find it funny that you have never seen the part of space mountain on the peoplemover. Our first trip we had the blackout tunnel version and thought it was and odd part of the ride, but then on trip number two it was working and so we were like, ah okay that makes more sense lol. Like you said sometimes its working sometimes not. I think I remember the ride stopping on us one time while we were in the blackout tunnel and it was none too fun. With the number of trips that you have been on it is kind of weird that it never works for you.....hmmmm maybe it is a conspiracy....

Pooh Merge....lol that is funny. What does that even mean?! I have to know!

I will be so jealous if you guys get to ride the mine train when it first opens. The earliest that we will be back to WDW will not be until next year and I think I might burst at the seams before then!

Ahhh I cannot get enough of the Ariel ride at MK! Seriously I could take a million pictures and never get tired of looking at them....this themeing is perfection IMO. And an Ariel meet and greet right after.....throw in Voyage of the Little Mermaid at HS and you would have had a Rob Little Mermaid trifecta!

Topping the night off with a little ETWB sounds great to me. I wish that we had been able to do this on our last trip, but it will definitely be a top priority on our next one for sure. A game of I spy in the cottage sounds like so much fun! Having the portal already open..... what's up with that?

Waking up to the view you had of the bay in the morning sounds like heaven. And breakfast at Kona? Goodness this is sooooo on my bucket list and I want to try those darn pancakes so bad I could scream! They look so very very good....now your trip report is making me hungry....lol.

Great pictures of you two with Mickey and also the castle! Your story of the little girl that did not want to stop kissing Mickey is precious....I love Disney so much, such wonderful things happen here! I will miss legacy fastpass so much. Everytime I see a pic posted on a TR of someone holding one I get so sad.....

So cool to talk with people who are in the DCP! You are right they always have so much Disney energy....love it! I really wish that I had known about this program when I graduated from high school especially since I was a theater major....ah well.

Brenda you can never post too many pictures of the Tangled Bathrooms lol. I am in love with this area. Seriously if I could find a way to build this in my backyard (which is open woods) I would live out there. Seriously I could totally see myself just reading a book, catching up on the DIS....you get it right? GAH, it's okay to dream right? Your BOG pictures make me miss it sooo much!!

Alright so now I am caught up so you can write some more lol! Can't wait
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #2181
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Those pancakes look good.
Nice pics with Mickey.
Nice IASW pics. Now if I had 53 pics I would have posted at least 40. LOL.
Nice pics in the HM.
Nice pics from the riverboat.
All caught up.
scottny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:15 AM   #2182
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I liked the picture you posted of the Golden Ship in Peter Pan's Flight. I think I just commented in KatMark's report that I rarely see that picture. And boom- now I have seen it twice in like a week.
DISers on the same wave length. How coincidental that it was one of the few photos that turned out.

Quote:
This is your brain.

This is your brain on drugs (or on Disney pavement)

Any questions?
I would like to think that my brain looks more like little hamsters running on a wheel powering my cerebral cortex.

Quote:
Very tall photographer!
Funny but I don't remember why that is taken up so high since I don't remember being served by an Amazon.

Quote:
Sorry that your onion soup at BOG was disappointing. I had a similar thing happen when I ordered clam chowder in Puerto Rico. The waitress warned me that the broth was tomato based, and being a true New England girl, I should have taken her warning. But I didn't. I thought I could handle it, but tomato just does not belong in chowder. And onion soup NEEDS a beef broth base.
I suppose warnings are given to be heeded. I can say that the times I didn't take a server's advice they could have said, "told you so." Sometimes we just can't help ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Where have I been? All the updates!! You have been busy.

That IS an egg by all appearances.

From what I have read on the boards, it would see lunch is better at BOG. Biggest difference I see is no Beast at lunch and the full service dinner and counter service lunch.
Glad to provide some updates!

Isn't it deceptive? I definitely had to take a closer look.. and send some samples out for analysis.

I want it all - I want Beast at lunch too. I'm sure I'll try lunch before returning for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'll never get tired of seeing pictures of the Tangled restrooms, so thanks for posting yours. If they can do all that with a bathroom, they should certainly be able to make a fabulous Tangled attraction or meet & greet location, am I right??

Ugh, getting stuck in monsoons sucks, especially when you are trying to find cover! Ducking (ha!) into PhilharMagic is a great way to get out of the wet!

I laughed out loud at that pic of the "egg"! It certainly does look like one!!

Lovely dinner at BoG. It's really so beautiful in there.
Wouldn't that be great? Disney did such a great job with the restroom area that they should have no problem building a permanent Rapunzel AND Flynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
I can't believe I fell so far behind on all my subscriptions! Real life has a nasty habit of interfering with my Dis time!

First of all, huge congrats to Emily on her engagement! She's going to be a beautiful bride!
I'm so glad to see you still here and getting caught up Carol.

Thank you for the sweet and kind words regarding Em.

Quote:
I hate getting caught in those sudden Florida storms! They certainly come out of nowhere and will drench a person in no time flat. Frank and I got caught in one after dinner at Tutto Italia on one trip. It was raining so hard it looked like a solid sheet of water and with the wind, it was going sideways, lol. Of course that was the one time I forgot the ponchos so we were soaked to our socks as soon as we stepped out into it. We then proceeded to shiver in a bus with the a/c set to the "polar ice cap" setting. Ah, those Disney memories ...
Oh nooooo! At least the soaking happened after dinner. That would have been a sad state to be soaked during dinner. I hear ya about the a/c cranked up in the buses. You probably couldn't sit close enough to your DH to get some body heat.

Quote:
Glad you got to check "watch Wishes from the Poly beach" off your must-do list. Even though you didn't stay for the finale, it still counts!
Our timing was perfect for that finale so I'm glad that we didn't wait for the next boat and watch the entire show from the beach.

Quote:
I love MK at night! New Fantasyland is gorgeous and I never get tired of the Tangled area. Disney did a great job there (including the bathrooms )
MK turns into a true Fantasyland after dark. I love the look and feel of everything there.

Quote:
Sorry your meal at BoG wasn't the best. Nancy and I had a wonderful experience there as the ambience, service and food was excellent. However, I think our experience was an exception to the rule as I've read more unfavourable reviews than favourable ones. At least you got a squeeze from the Beast!
For me, it's been the food choices. I've not been hungry enough to try an entrée so I keep getting the sides or entrees and maybe I haven't allowed BoG to shine with those items. I don't know.... I did try Em's chicken and I didn't like it so maybe I'm too picky. Ha ha!

Quote:
That totally looks like a fried egg!
Looks can be deceiving! It fooled us for sure.

Quote:
Loved the pics and DL DisMeet reports!

Ok, all caught up and ready for more ...
Thank you Carol! I'm getting ready to post another Dismeet update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Loving the TR as usual!

That seriously does look like an egg to me too!

What did you order on your first trip to BOG? We love the steak that is offered there although the french fries are VERY salty.

You must be busy getting ready to go again. So excited I'm sure!!
Hi Bridget! Ha ha! It sure was a foamy egg now that I'm looking at it more closely.

I ordered a salad the first time - very boring. I also had a bite of Em's seafood pastry thing. Then last time I had a bite of Em's chicken provincial which I didn't like. BUT... those cupcakes are amazing! The steak I would try and maybe even the pork. Glad you liked your entrée. There's hope!

I should be busier getting ready but I don't even have much time to prepare and pack yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You can never have too many pictures of the Tangled bathroom area.

Sorry about the rain; I was hoping it would end after we left for you girls.

That certainly looks like an egg to me on the sidewalk.

Beautiful photos inside the Beast's castle.
Oh, I agree Kathy!

Your former TR sure nailed it with the title. I suppose the 3pm rain is to be expected.

Eggs and frozen lemonade on sidewalks - it is hard to tell them apart. Although I would hope a real egg wouldn't be foamy. That would be a scary egg.

Thanks, my camera did all the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Glad ya'll managed to stay dry in the monsoon!! And had a nice break back at the resort!!
oh man that lemonade REALLY does look like an egg! Bahah

So sad BOG was less than stellar for you! I have had some not so great experiences there but will always return lol
Hi Katt or shall I say Disney's newest international CM?

Hey, we work hard to stay dry like that. Even if we have to see Philharmonic back-to-back to stay out of the rain.

Didn't it though? Fooled us!

I will return to BoG just not in the next trip or two - for dinner. I may try lunch soon. I know you've had lunch several times as well.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:38 AM   #2183
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Hey there Brenda! Sorry its been so long but alas I am caught up....took me long enough geez. I find it funny that you have never seen the part of space mountain on the peoplemover. Our first trip we had the blackout tunnel version and thought it was and odd part of the ride, but then on trip number two it was working and so we were like, ah okay that makes more sense lol. Like you said sometimes its working sometimes not. I think I remember the ride stopping on us one time while we were in the blackout tunnel and it was none too fun. With the number of trips that you have been on it is kind of weird that it never works for you.....hmmmm maybe it is a conspiracy....
Hey there Jenn! No worries, this is lingering and now well into its 8th month so I'm going to be at this TR longer than it takes to give birth!

I didn't know the black out tunnel was anything more than that. I'm sure Disney sees me coming and makes sure I get the alternate reality version. Darn!

Quote:
Pooh Merge....lol that is funny. What does that even mean?! I have to know!
One can only imagine!!

Quote:
I will be so jealous if you guys get to ride the mine train when it first opens. The earliest that we will be back to WDW will not be until next year and I think I might burst at the seams before then!
I'm hoping we'll have a chance to ride when it opens early May. I do have a limit as far as how long I'd wait to ride so it may wait until our summer trip although I would bet it will be just as crowded then but hopefully will have FP+.

Quote:
Ahhh I cannot get enough of the Ariel ride at MK! Seriously I could take a million pictures and never get tired of looking at them....this themeing is perfection IMO. And an Ariel meet and greet right after.....throw in Voyage of the Little Mermaid at HS and you would have had a Rob Little Mermaid trifecta!
Ha ha! Yes, a Mermaid trifecta! That's awesome! Rob wouldn't be able to contain himself with so much Ariel!

Quote:
Topping the night off with a little ETWB sounds great to me. I wish that we had been able to do this on our last trip, but it will definitely be a top priority on our next one for sure. A game of I spy in the cottage sounds like so much fun! Having the portal already open..... what's up with that?
Having the door already open felt like nothing magical ushered us into the enchanted objects room. I would love to see the door open again so I may have to return next trip.

Quote:
Waking up to the view you had of the bay in the morning sounds like heaven. And breakfast at Kona? Goodness this is sooooo on my bucket list and I want to try those darn pancakes so bad I could scream! They look so very very good....now your trip report is making me hungry....lol.
A sunrise over the bay and Kona breakfast - yep, a pretty decent way to start our day!

Quote:
Great pictures of you two with Mickey and also the castle! Your story of the little girl that did not want to stop kissing Mickey is precious....I love Disney so much, such wonderful things happen here! I will miss legacy fastpass so much. Everytime I see a pic posted on a TR of someone holding one I get so sad.....
That little girl was loving on Mickey and didn't want to leave. It was adorable. I felt bad that the grandmother felt she needed to apologize. I could only speak for myself but I didn't mind at all since it was a Disney memory being built before our eyes.

Quote:
So cool to talk with people who are in the DCP! You are right they always have so much Disney energy....love it! I really wish that I had known about this program when I graduated from high school especially since I was a theater major....ah well.
You would have fit right in with Entertainment at Disney with your major! Between that and a love for Disney you could have been one of those CM that we pose with since they stand out as something very special!

Quote:
Brenda you can never post too many pictures of the Tangled Bathrooms lol. I am in love with this area. Seriously if I could find a way to build this in my backyard (which is open woods) I would live out there. Seriously I could totally see myself just reading a book, catching up on the DIS....you get it right? GAH, it's okay to dream right? Your BOG pictures make me miss it sooo much!!
I can totally picture your very own Tangled wooded glen. Ahhhhh yes... what a life that would be. Then all you need is a tower and a set of paints!

Quote:
Alright so now I am caught up so you can write some more lol! Can't wait
Wow! I'm impressed! Thanks for getting caught up and taking the time to comment on everything. I learned something new about you with the theater major!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Those pancakes look good.
Nice pics with Mickey.
Nice IASW pics. Now if I had 53 pics I would have posted at least 40. LOL.
Nice pics in the HM.
Nice pics from the riverboat.
All caught up.
Hi Scott!

Thank you. Mickey seemed to enjoy our visit as well. I don't think he was talking at that point yet. I know for our December trip he was.

Ah but the other 39 photos on IaSW would have been the same kid over and over with just a different hair piece. Have you noticed they all look pretty much alike?

I see a theme here. I think you liked some of my photos.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 AM   #2184
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

DISmeet Intermission time...

I was able to meet another DISboard legend last weekend at Disneyland - Cynthia (Eandesmom)!! I was very excited that she made some time to visit with us on her arrival night last Saturday.

We met for a hug and a photo before parting ways briefly and then met back up at Catal's Uva Bar in DTD.

Here's a couple photos that I posted on FB.

Cynthia was engaging and so sweet. I loved spending time talking with her and I know why Ann and Mary Ellen and so many other DISers are huge Cynthia fans. (And she's just as gorgeous as her photos!)

Thank you Cynthia for taking the time out of your travel day and time with your family to meet up!

Continue to Next Update for TR

Last edited by emmysmommy; 04-25-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #2185
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

That's so exciting! I'm glad you guys had some time for a Dismeet, it sounds like fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #2186
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great Dis meet! I'm SO jealous you live so close to Disneyland!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:53 AM   #2187
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for sharing the awesome pictures of your meet with Cynthia.

I shall now dub you the official ambassadress of DISers visiting Disneyland and I couldn't be happier about that!

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #2188
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Brenda I swear I am not joking when I say that I'm really starting to think people are planing trips to Cali just to meet you...

... Oh and we may as well check out Disneyland while we're there.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #2189
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

A DIsMeet?! What the heck is that?? Haha!! We get a 10 day DISMeet lol. Now pack girl!! Can't wait to see you and Michael again.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #2190
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Brenda I swear I am not joking when I say that I'm really starting to think people are planing trips to Cali just to meet you...

... Oh and we may as well check out Disneyland while we're there.
Yep... I'm gonna second this!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: