Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #2116
jordansmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I see the name Jordan is familiar to you.

Caught that huh?

Great pics from the Liberty Belle- Congrats on crossing another item off your must do list. I've never ridden it- it's on my list for this August (depending on how hot out it is)
jordansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #2117
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

It's been too long since we have enjoyed that relaxing ride on the Riverboat! Such a nice respite from the hustle & bustle of the park.

Quote:
Bonus selfies in each!
[CENTER]
I absolutely LOVE these pictures, Brenda!!

Quote:
However, when we stepped outside I realize that we had just had such a great interaction with this young lady that I wanted to add her photo to our trip diary. We often take photos with CMs for which we’ve had a great service or interaction. (Similar to Rob’s CM Around the World adventure!) She was more than glad to pose with us and even removed her bonnet and let down her hair.
How sweet! I bet that made her so happy that y'all wanted photos with her.

Lovely update! I smiled the whole time I was scrolling through!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #2118
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great update Brenda!! I may have to put the RiverBoat on my to do list. I don't think Ive done it since 1976!!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #2119
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed the riverboat ride - definitely something that should be done at least once with the items you only get to see on that trip and the unique view of some other attractions

That's cool that they split your lunch into two bowls for you! And both your desserts looked great!

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #2120
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

I am an awful person and have lagged behind so badly but am finally caught up. My wedding is in 2 weeks so my head has been elsewhere lately. Thank goodness the DisneyMoon is all planned or else I'd be having a complete meltdown at this point.

I am SO EXCITED for Em. She is going to make the most stunning bride!

I know we are getting close to the point in your trip when you get to visit our favorite dreamboat, I mean, Cast Member

P.S. We needed a reservation for dinner on Mother's Day and my mom chose Tony's. I already briefed Aaron about how I may end up fangirling big time that night
Old 04-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #2121
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Yes, the Liberty Belle. We've not done that in five or six years. It seems every time we are there, it is clsoed for refurb. It's on my list of definite want to do's in September.

I love that you and Em have pictures taken with outstanding CM's. That's a nice little tradition you have there.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #2122
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

yay! I wasn't too sure about the liberty belle, but now I think we will have to try it out

We were gonna go to LTT for lunch but ended up having to cut it out. We'll probably go to Columbia Harbor House instead since it is counter service, but my, you are making me regret that cut!!!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #2123
JDUB
Mouseketeer

We've yet to ride the Liberty Belle too. Just looks so hot on there and we are running to the next "ride". Great pics and I need to try it out next time. Luckily this year I had a few hours to tour Epcot by myself and finally seen Ellen and Michael Jackson rides. Glad I didn't torture my kids with those rides yet.
Also love the new version of selfie pics.
Feb 2014 - Pop Century/Swan Hotel

(Jeremy) (DW) (DD9) (DS7) : (DS5)

DisDads Club Member #740

OKW Dec 2014

.................................................. .............................
JDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #2124
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY Bucket List Item!! I guess as a place to relax, the lower level of the Liberty Belle makes sense. But I'm all about where the action is, so upper level for me (on the one time I actually did this).
I think my fav thing was the new vantage points for BTM that you can't see otherwise.

Does Alligator Swamp remind you of the beginning of D-Land's Pirates? It does for me.

YES I LOVE GETTING PHOTO'S WITH CM'S!!!!! I love that you do too. Character photos are great, no doubt, but think I cherish the CM photos even more.

Aw man, no "Brenda party from Beverly Hills"? Denied!! That still makes me chuckle.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #2125
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I'm glad you crossed something else off your list! Your pictures from the Liberty Belle turned out really great. We've never been on it, but hope to eventually. I love the selfies you took
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #2126
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Fun trip on the boat! I have only done it once, but it looks as though I may have missed a few things! I must go do it again. Maybe twice so that I can stay on one side of the boat each way around and not miss anything.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #2127
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
One of these days we'll be in the same place at the same time, and when we are I'd like for you to teach me how to use my camera as well as you do.
Ditto!!! Excellent pics!

Quote:
Across the way, IaSW had not a soul walking that way so we decided to take a boat ride with all of the little children of the world serenading us. We had a boat to ourselves. We’re special like that!
True....so true!

Fantastic update...more please?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #2128
redhotariel
Mouseketeer

I would just like to take a moment to express how much I am enjoying living vicariously through this trip report! Cannot wait for the next update. And congratulations to your lovely daughter. Very exciting!

1993- WDW-off property, 1995- WDW-off property, 1998- WDW-off property, 2001- WDW-off property, 2003- WDW-off property, 2005- WDW-off property, 2008- WDW-off property, 2009- WDW- off property, 2010- WDW- off property, 2014- WDW - 1 night ASMo, 3 nights CBR, 1 night YC, 2014- WDW- 2 nights ASMo

~~MandaLynn~~
redhotariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #2129
katt789
DIS Veteran

What a lovely and fantastic day! Ah what I would do to be having a morning like that today! I'll have to try those pancakes, they look super delicious and sound better than the nut ones!! Kona, yum! Sometime soon!!

Liberty Belle is a lovely ride, I'll need to go on it again in the next trip!

Nice shots on the rides, i've never been able to get hm shots!! lol

LTT looks amazing, it's on my list of places to eat, and SOON lol!,a

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #2130
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I haven't done the Liberty Belle in a very long time, and DH never has!
You got some great pics from up there, Brenda! And a very interesting story about Wilson's Cave Inn too. I don't remember ever seeing that before! Glad you were able to mark that one off your list.
Adorable pictures with the cm for the Christmas shop, I love that place so much! It's so adorable.
I kind of like the Jack Skellington shoe... But agree it doesn't make much sense!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: