Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #2041
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Oh Brenda! Your pictures of NFL at night are breathtaking....oh I can't wait to see it....just 4 and half more months!!! Sounds like a great evening and you have made me curious to try EMH at MK again! The last time we went, and it was awhile ago, it was a madhouse...but I guess we just have to stay longer
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #2042
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow you had a wonderful evening, I loved all your photos and you really did close the park down didn't you
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #2043
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Wow! You've been updating like a mad woman.

Something I could clearly learn from.

One of these days we'll be in the same place at the same time, and when we are I'd like for you to teach me how to use my camera as well as you do. I think you've said you use a one step down from a DSLR point and shoot, and since I have a really nice one that my hubby got me for Christmas, I'd love for you to give me some pointers.

Your pictures, as always, are so beautiful.
I think it's funny how you and Em get separated from one another when you are shooting pictures. Mackie gets just as frustrated with me for taking too many pictures. She's usually walking ahead of me because of it.

I love being in the park at night, there is something so beautiful about it being all lit up and hardly anyone there. I love being able to walk on all the rides and being able to turn around and ride it over and over again if it's something we really love. Mackie and I have been known to do that on Splash and caught Wishes during the ride, the best part is seeing Wishes when you are about to take the plunge down the big hill.
You can pretty much walk on in the mornings too, another favorite time of the day for me.
Nothing like starting your day in MK with some thrills right off the bat to wake you up! Get's your blood pumping and adds a great start to your day.

What a nice jaunt back over your resort. When you said you left when you did and got to your resort when you did I was thinking how in the world did you do that?!? But I forgot you were just a stone's throw away from the park, that must be the best feature about staying at BLT.

Staying anywhere that requires a bus is at least a half hour to an hour to get back.

Y'all still have a few more days to go, huh?

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #2044
katt789
DIS Veteran

Dinner at Kona sounds and looks delicious! Is it weird that in my mind it’s only a breakfast place?! Bahaha. I’ll have to remember to check it out!!

Love the pics of the poly at night, and glad you found Em again! Ah Wishes from the beach!! I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do that!! Definitely something I plan on checking out!

UGH CTM!! The lanterns & the “started by a mouse” part seriously tear me apart, like, I’m totes nearly crying now, bahaha. It’s just so amazing!

…..why have I never thought of going on the speedway strictly to quote ricky bobby…..

ARIEL DOESN’T HAVE ICE CREAM HAIR ANYMORE?!?!!?

Have to agree that I’m just not a fan of enchanted tales, I’ll do it when there’s a newbie with me, but that’s about it…

Great nighttime shots around the park!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy
Snapchat: Kattwy
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #2045
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I love your Poly pictures!

EMH in Fantasyland. I love it! What a great way to end the evening.

I remember the ice cream hair! I think that surprised me most when I saw it in WDW for the first time... no, actually I think it surprised me first when I went to DL again and it was "fixed".

I'm glad you didn't panic when you lost Em. Better to stay calm!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #2046
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

Somehow my life was so busy I didn't ever start reading your trip report until Friday but I've just read it over the past three days! Fabulous and I've loved it all. Thanks for a fun ride and can't wait for the rest.
Aristocath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #2047
cstorm65
DDC #699

Great pictures in this update. Would this be the time to tell you how awesome it was to see Space Mountain with the lights on while ride the TTA on our last trip??

We even got the opposite. We got to ride Space Mountain while the lights on the TTA were on which was very weird because we could kind of see where we were going and all of the bars that were very close to us. It is definitely better the other way around. Can't wait for more!
cstorm65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #2048
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Awesome update, Brenda.

You sure got a lot done during EMH's...very impressive.

I love how you walked right on to Pooh and Mermaid. We've yet to actually see the Ariel with the fins...I have to work on that next trip.

Your pictures around the NFL are absolutely spectacular. It truly is stunning with the lighting.

We have still not seen Enchanted Tales with Belle (not sure if Mary is getting FP for that or not).

Nice that you were able to just "walk back home" and hit the sack.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #2049
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Brenda, Love your review of Kona. I feel in love with that steak also (and I'm not much of a steak eater) As for the bread, Elizabeth finished it after her meal before her Kona Cone. She mad a face when they tried to take it away after she ordered her cone.
I realized how tired I am when I first read your "NFL". I was trying to figure out how football, MK, and EMH fit together. I will say it came to me before I read on.
Love how empty MK was for you. You and Em got a lot done. Your night pictures of NFL are amazing. Can't wait to see it for myself.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 AM   #2050
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have seen the lights on in Space Mountain - twice, I think. the pictures never do it justice. It honestly just looks like a maze of metal tracks. It looks entirely different than when the lights are down. Kind of cool but not earth shattering. It sort of wrecks the illusion.

OK - that is sort of freaky that you and Rob have the exact same clock picture.

I have never been in the MK that late I wish I could hang that long - it looks so cool that late at night. Your pictures are fab. I love them.

What a great evening! And to be right at BLT. Well, that's just the icing on the cake.

OH Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR
The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW, VWL/VGF
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #2051
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

I love seeing pics of an empty Magic Kingdom! I just would not be able to stay up to 1:00 to take them.
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #2052
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Love your nighttime NFL photos! The wall does look so pretty all lit up like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Side note: as of today, it looks like there is a Media event at the end of April so perhaps we will see a soft open while we are there during that time??
Eeek, I sure hope so!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I loved the LM ride at DCA when we went in 2012, but WDW definitely improved on a great attraction with their amazing ride building. It's a shame DCA didn't have a better space to work with, because it's a GREAT attraction!

It has to be so exciting to pass THAT DOOR now and know you have been up there to look around!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #2053
MommaPeel
Mouseketeer

Congrats on being Mother of the bride!

Congrats to Emily & Jordan, double congrats on a guy who can pick out a beautiful ring like that on his own! I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

You definitely need to drag him over to WDW a time or two! I'm happy you will get to continue the Mother & Daughter trips! I don't get to go with you guys and I would miss them!

Walt Disney World - May 1994/Sept 1999/Sept 2000/Sept 2001/Jan 2002/Nov 2002/Jan 2003/Sept 2003/Sept 2008/AP holder 2008-2011/Jun 2012/Jul 2012/Sep 2014

DISNEYLAND PARIS - March 2002/November 2004 Disneyland/California Adventure - Sept 2012

MommaPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #2054
amazingact21
Upendi

Nighttime EMH is the time to be in the Magic Kingdom. You can get so many rides accomplished, and the later you stay the emptier the park gets. It's pretty fun to see the park so deserted, almost feels like you have the place to yourself.

I have to agree with you on the Peoplemover; it's set to an odd speed!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #2055
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Great photos. I like the perspective of the castle "tunnel" looking towards Main St/Train Station...artsy!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: