Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #1996
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Such good timing you guys have with the rain! I don't blame you for ducking out. As for the water park, we actually went to Blizzard Beach once when it was raining. We figured we were gonna get wet anyway may as well go! Such a nice view of the sun setting over the parking lot! The clouds look so pretty!

P.S. I have started a trip report for the coast to coast challenge!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #1997
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I fell behind! I'm so sorry. I'm catching up now.

What a nice momma you are letting Em sleep in.

ToT is always worth it! I would wait 30 minutes for that anytime.

I too would feel overwhelmed and need to have a carrot cake cookie. They're just so awesome.

The Colossal Man is the best part of Sci Fi. Every time it comes on, I just chuckle endlessly.

Wow, you were having a lot of Marilyn moments that day! I'm gonna say it's because you're fabulous!

I hate being late to reservations too! I'm glad you were only 5 minutes late.

Freeze dried ice cream is hard to describe. When I was a kid, I was in love with it. The flavor is good, it just kind of melts away in your mouth, like meringue cookies.

Again, congrats to Em on the engagement! That's such happy news.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #1998
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Such exciting news! My bff's daughter is getting married in January 2015 so we're well in the swing of wedding planning, so much fun! Please pass on my best wishes to the happy couple!

I am Canadian and I weep every time I hear the song! I am very fortunate that I have been from one coast to the other (the perks of having a father in the military) and every province is gorgeous IMO! If you ever find yourself on the prairies give me a shout....we have a spare room!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #1999
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

As much as i hate to admit it, and it does not happen very often...Disney naps are the BEST!!!
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #2000
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:28 AM   #2001
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Canada the song is so beautiful. I must admit that I'm kinda obsessed with singing it in the car and yes I butcher the french part but that's the thing is I took spanish not french. Haha. It's fun while we're in the car and Olivia screams "Not this song again!"

We have booked our stay for ASM September 15-21st.

Scratch that out!!! Just in...we are going to Disney World on September 22nd-28th!!! I didn't particularly want to stay at ASM but until the Fall Specials come out we will stay there. If the Fall Specials come out we might stay at POR or even...AKL!

So it looks like we will be there during the same time you will be there. I'm so excited plus we get to experience the F&W for the first time too which is what Jason wanted to do!!! EEEKKKK!!! Can you tell I'm excited?

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

Last edited by livsmom04; 03-26-2014 at 03:51 PM.
livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #2002
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I just got caught back up! Your pictures are lovely as usual. I'm not one to be afraid of rides, but I have ever doneMission Space. I will have to try. It seems I am getting closer to convincing DH into a February 2015 trip, so maybe I will get my chance sooner rather than later!
Congrats to Em! Wedding planning is just the best!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #2003
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

That cupcake....YUM!!

Rainy day naps are pretty nice!

Love the mother/daughter photo at the end!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #2004
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thank you so much for your most sincere congrats! It is appreciated

There was this little image that my hubby texted to Em and her fiancé as a joke several weeks prior...

The next text we got from Em was a photo of her hand with the ring!!!!
Love it! He did well with the ring. Did she have any input or was it a complete surprise?

Quote:
Thanks Cynthia. Believe me, the fact of how young they are was a concern when we knew his intentions. We've seen them fall in love and mature over the last 4 years and they are certainly not done yet. I think the next year will be good for them.
Will they be going to school? I don't know that I've heard what Emily plans to do. So exciting hopefully you can get a girls trip in before the wedding...and after!

Quote:
That was the best part of my day when Em shared that she wanted to be the one to take me on her first WDW trip as a married woman.
Now the real question is, has Jordan been to WDW yet?

Quote:
Back in our room I noticed that the dishwasher had been run for the heavy load of dishes that we had dirtied.... NOT! There was one glass that I placed in the sink for which mousekeeping had started the dishwasher.
Oh that drives me nuts, so wasteful! I do like controlling all that myself with DVC I must admit

Quote:
The absence of photos for the next 3 hours strongly implies that we must have taken a nap. We’re like little kids I tell you. In our defense, we did stay up pretty late and for me at least, I was usually up around 6:30am.
I am envious, I cannot nap to save my soul.

What a lovely interlude in Canada. Sorry the funfetti was meh. I have a mini DL trip update in my last set of updates, hoping we can hook up if it works out for you (and Em too!)
Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #2005
mickeymouse108
Mouseketeer

great trip report

1977 Magic Kingdom,1978 Magic Kingdom,1987 magic kingdom, epcot, 1991 Magic kingdom, epcot, MGM, 2000 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM, Animal Kingdom POR, 2006 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM,Animal Kingdom,2010 POR Cant wait, 2012 POP everywhere in the world we also go to see our daughters High school band perform at epcot melody gardens it was great :
mickeymouse108 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #2006
mickeymouse108
Mouseketeer

joining

1977 Magic Kingdom,1978 Magic Kingdom,1987 magic kingdom, epcot, 1991 Magic kingdom, epcot, MGM, 2000 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM, Animal Kingdom POR, 2006 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM,Animal Kingdom,2010 POR Cant wait, 2012 POP everywhere in the world we also go to see our daughters High school band perform at epcot melody gardens it was great :
mickeymouse108 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #2007
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! Huge congrats to Em!!! How exciting for her. And you! And it is so cool that she still wants to do mother/daughter trips with you. I hope Willow and I will be doing the same throughout her life, even if it someday includes grandchildren!

I feel a little weird just continuing on with TR comments in the same post, but I guess I’m too lazy to start a new one???? : Sorry!

Okay, there may be something wrong with me for focusing on this, but seriously, they ran the dish washer for ONE GLASS???? That makes my head explode!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #2008
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness congratulations!!! How exciting! I remember when I got engaged at 21 - people telling us we're too young, not experienced at life, etc...but our parents fully supported it and i'm glad you guys do to!

I was just commenting on Mary Ellen's thread about not seeing O Canada since 2008...i'm such a terrible DIS'er. I need to get back there and see it. However, I do know the entire 'You're a lifetime journey' song. Does that make up for it?!

Too bad about the cupcake. It actually looks really delicious inside!

I just cringe at the one glass in the dishwasher Especially since we're in a major drought right now.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #2009
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Em & Jordon!! I am so happy for you all. I agree, nothing better then to get to grow up with your life time partner. They will have memories that few ever get. Chris and I have been together since the week before I turned 18. So many were betting that we wouldn't last. I love that we grew together. Can't wait to hear the wedding plans come together.

I really need to spend more time in WS. Watching the movies is top on my list of things I need to do. I hope our next trip to fix this. I figure if we try drinking around the world that should keep us in WS longer to get some movies in.

Glad you had good timing as far as the rain go. Nothing wrong with resort time. I am all for taking a long nap. Sometimes I wish someone would come and make me take a nap on a busy day.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #2010
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Let me know if you need me to add Em to our dinner in September. Or we could just show up with her at the door...I'm sure they wouldn't argue with Michael about us having an extra guest.

Mark and I were talking just the other day that we should visit Canada some day. It's not like we are THAT far and we've never been. I'm glad to hear you've been to part of it. I'll have to pass on the French lessons (I had a hard enough time with Spanish).

I think you and Em secretly just wanted a nap and the rain wasn't really scaring you away.

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: