Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #1981
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Brenda, Canada would welcome you! Most people use a combo of metric and imperial, lots don't speak French, and you get used to the poutine! ironically I've never been as far west as BC. If you ever find yourself on the east coast though, look me up!
Yikes. Those storms look serious. I can't blame you for napping through them. You guys have great timing! That cupcake looks amazing, too bad it was just ok. :/
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:58 AM   #1982
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love that picture you took in Canada looking through the rock. Very cool! I want that.

I feel the same way about O Canada. I always come out of there saying, "I MUST plan a trip to Canada". Of course, I never do because I am always planning another WDW trip. But one of these summers I am going to Nova Scotia. I have wanted to visit there since I was a kid.

Cute picture of you and Em on the monorail.

Glad you got in a much needed nap!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #1983
amazingact21
Upendi

I can't blame you for going back to the resort every time it rained. Nobody enjoys touring the parks under umbrellas or dashing from building to building. And if you're at a nice resort why not make use of it?

Oh, wow, running the dishwasher for one glass...guess Mousekeeping wanted to make sure that dish was spotless.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #1984
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

I love Canada! Living in Buffalo is a unique experience, because the next closest major city to us is in a foreign country! We're exactly 100 miles from Toronto.

That is a very pretty cupcake, even if it wasn't delicious. I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth and all that frosting makes me giddy!!

Love that last picture of the two of you! No doubt there will still be lots of girl trips!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #1985
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

the Canadian pavilion is super pretty ... though I tend to think that about each of the showcases until I get to the next one and then think that is the prettiest

yeah, now way at this point could I switch to the metric system. I talk with my colleagues in Zurich quite often and they always ask how the weather is here and then we spend like 5 minutes trying to convert back and forth between Celsius and Fahrenheit

I don't think anyone can question you leaving the park whenever the CM's start prepping for a storm - plus you got to rest up some before dinner - so definite win!

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #1986
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

A little trivia note to add... Eva Avila was also the winner of the fourth season of "Canadian Idol".

AND, I already consider you an honourary Canadian (though you'll have to start using your "u"'s more in certain words). Rest assured, not all Canadians are metric system enthuiasts (I tend to pick and choose), never had a poutine, and do not speak fluid French. So you're alll good!

I'm well aware of the rain aversion that you So-Cal folks have. So no explanation needed. Sugar melts when it gets wet you know.

Dishwasher run for ONE GLASS????? No wonder they keep raising ticket prices.

Awww watching that little monorail clip makes me miss you guys. Honestly. AND "Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas".
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #1987
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I also love the film at Canada. It is one of my favorite hot afternoon activites. My favorite afternoon activity is going back to the room and taking a nap.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #1988
25eels
Earning My Ears

Best wishes to Emily and her guy! I was married at 23 and while it was on the young side of most of my peers, there's something to be said for growing up together in your 20s. We tackled a lot of stuff as a team ( and still do, actually!). Glad to hear your trip adventures will go on too.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #1989
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Awww, congrats to Em & her fiance! And to you & Michael as well-- what an exciting time in your lives!!
You know I've never seen any of the WS movies?? We spent lots of time in the countries, but never make it into the movies! I do love a good patriotic song, though, so you may have just sold me on O Canada!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #1990
hill6
DIS Veteran

Congrats Em and Brenda. That is great news.

Love your trip and dining reports.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #1991
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Big Congrats to Em on her engagement!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #1992
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Hey there Brenda! All caught up on your report...YAY! Your new view from the resort was wonderful! Loved you and Em's princess tees. Breakfast at the Grand looked very nice....french toast is ALWAYS a winner in my book! We have tried to ride Ellen's Energy Adv one time in all of our trips and it broke the moment we loaded onto the cars. How funny that happened this time for you too. I guess this happens a lot maybe? I will miss fastpass so much, it makes me so sad. I am with you on the rain thing. Trust me after I spend so much time straightening and taming my out of control wavy hair water, rain, and humidity are my enemies lol. Loved your LeCellier review. DH and I had the chance to finally have lunch here on our recent trip and I was in love! That is funny that Em fell out of the chair...the poor dear. BTW congrats on Em getting engaged!! YAY!! Her ring is so beautiful too!
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #1993
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

As you know already I'm thrilled for the great news concerning Em and her new fiancé Jordan.

Such an exciting time in your lives, and I'm sure wedding planning will be much fun for you and Em to do together.

As for Canada, never been. In Epcot yes, the real country no, and I've never seen the video, come close but still have yet to see it. It's always a timing thing, we seem to always hit it at the wrong time or find ourselves distracted and off finding something else to get in to, something yummy, like a pastry in France. Ooooor it involves a glass of something calling my name, wine, bellini, adult slushi of some kind, you know how it is on vaca.

The Joe video, OMGoodness!! That is hilarious, I remember the Joe incident in your report, he was very serious about his job, you think he still works for Disney?

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #1994
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Yay Em! Do we hear Mickey wedding bells?! I'm totally anxious to see if they chose to get married in WDW.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #1995
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Canada is a beautiful country! I went to Quebec City my sophomore year and had a blast. I actually saw the hotel the Hogwarts-esque building in the Canada pavilion is based off of. But that wasn't even the prettiest part of Canada I got the chance to see. So... shameless plug for Canada, totally acceptable. And I think Poutine is delicious!

Rain wimps? Psh. A Florida rainstorm is something NOBODY wants to get caught in. I would probably head for the Land if I was in EPCOT, but you had already been there most of the day so it makes sense. Love the pictures you got of SE though! They actually look really cool.

Sorry, your Monsters Inc. cupcake wasn't that great, but I would've bought it just for that Mike Wazowski ring. Totally worth it.

"That Joe monorail dude" lol I wouldn't be surprised if he was banished to the parking lot either. Sounds like the guy who would/should be from your story haha

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: