Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #1831
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am certainly trying. I did and jeans. Thanks.

I would have liked to see you walk the boardwalk in heals. LOl
Calories, smalories. You’re on vacation. Enjoy!
All the hotels in the Boardwalk area are so pretty.
I cannot believe how many times you move hotels. I hate doing it once during a trip. I figure other trips I will try the next hotel.
Nice pool pics. That is the best pool on property.
I think it has been 6 years since I ate at Sci-fi.
I am caught up again.
Ha ha! That's so cool when you HAVE to buy new clothes for all good reasons.

Yeah, you would have laughed. Serious belly laughs.
Calories still bother me! Or rather they bother my hips.
Aren't they? I have a hard time deciding between all the BW hotels since they are all so great.
I agree, split stay's aren't for everyone - unless you don't mind a new hotel experience with the work that goes into it. For us, it works.
Definitely better than that creepy clown pool at BW.
Oh wow! You need to get over to Sci-Fi and sit your skinny butt down in one of those convertible cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Resort switch time, eh? I can't blame you for not being quite ready. That pool looks so lovely, I'm glad you had a chance to take a quick dip! I think I could just float around that lazy river forever!
I finally got DH to Sci-fi last year. I love the silly movie clips, but the food... Not so much. Glad we got there, but it will be a while before we're back I think.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ha ha! You wrote Canadian there - eh? At least our parting activity was some fun in the pool. It was very nice.

For some reason Sci-Fi has remained on our dining rotation... until last time. I can skip it for another time or two but I'm sure I'll miss the Colossal Man movie clip after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Stormalong Bay looks amazing! My family looooooves lazy rivers so it looks to be right up our alley.

We've never eaten at Sci Fi (the menu doesn't appeal much to us) but you're right, the theming looks super fun!
Have you guys done the water parks? I'm not particularly a pool person but I can now say that I'm a fan of SAB. Disney did a great job there!

The burgers are good but honestly, you can get just as good or better ones elsewhere so unless you are really wanting to see corny movie clips while eating in a car, it's skippable. And now I'm missing it.... so go figure! It's a strange love not so hate relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
oh Stormalong Bay looks amazing! I really cannot wait to stay at either YC or BC just for the pool! I'm glad you and Em got to relax. The gym looks very nice too, but I don't work out on vacation either Does the gym overlook stormalong bay? Much better than what I can see from my home "gym".

So nice that Em had you packed up when you came back! That really was a nice room you had.
I think more than a few people book YC/BC because of the pool. It was nice to take a dip and enjoy it.

The gym overlooks the pool area but I don't know how much you can see from the windows by the treadmills. Yeah, my home gym is in the garage. I have a nice view of my water heater.

It was definitely a nice surprise to come home and have the bags all ready to roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post

It looks like Em is throwing a temper tantrum not wanting to leave

Since our first trip to WDW with DM, she loved Sci-Fi. Definitely because of the theming. The past trip in October, she wanted to go again and we said no. Now with this trip coming up in January, I just know she's going to ask about it. Looks like we'll be making another stop here.
Ha ha! I think Em was tired of me taking photos - of her! Or maybe she's just looking out that window. We'll go with that.

You just may have to book Sci-Fi for momma! That reminds me that I need to keep checking for availability for our next trip.... it's one of the few lunches that my DH asked to eat in one of those cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Liked your Sci Fi Pic. I like Sci Fi as well but have only been once. I have so many places I want to go!!!
Thank you! I hear ya! Too many places to try and too little time. If I had a trip that was 3.2 weeks I think I'd fit in most of where we want to eat. Sounds about right!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #1832
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

On our last trip, Morghan and I didn't hit the pool once. I miss the days of the kids being so excited to go swimming! That seems like just yesterday. I'm glad you and Em made time for Stormalong Bay. It looks amazing Brenda!

We also love Sci-Fi. I agree, the burgers rock!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #1833
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
How was your run? Did you enjoy your trip? I'm in awe of anyone who finishes that.

I didn't know you could walk it. So it's unlike the marathon where they have a minimum 16 minute mile or something? I could run the first 10K but after that it is questionable if I could do more than crawl.

I think many people get sucked into staying at YC/BC because of SAB. It definitely helps the image.
The run depends on how you want to think about it . Time wise I did not do too well. It was VERY humid, I also had a small accident a week before. I slipped on some black ice at my parents house and landed square on my hip. My dad asked if I was suing and that the real tragedy was I dropped his dinner on the ground, last time I do something nice for HIM! I did tell him though I am reasonable and we could settle if he just buys me a DVC membership. I hit the 5K ahead of pace, but the humidity was too much, I think I ran the first 5 then decided to stop for almost every single character I saw. I think I only missed about 5.

Many people DO walk it. I think my pace was officially over 17 minutes finishing at 3:35, but I stopped a lot. I tracked my actual run time on my phone and came out closer to 3:05. I didn't stop it for the first few characters so it could have been off by about 10 mins. If you want to stop for photos if you can run the first 5K you would be able to finish.

I am gonna attempt to start a TR at some point still trying to get all my photos from Both Tink and Princess loaded on photo bucket.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #1834
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Pool day!! I hope for one of those myself one day.

Also another goal, to get to the sci-fi one day! It seems like a lot of fun, in a cheesy way & that's the best kind of fun! I'm trying but I love 50s too much. I'm making reservations for our next trip now & man, it's hard!
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #1835
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
On our last trip, Morghan and I didn't hit the pool once. I miss the days of the kids being so excited to go swimming! That seems like just yesterday. I'm glad you and Em made time for Stormalong Bay. It looks amazing Brenda!

We also love Sci-Fi. I agree, the burgers rock!
Funny, but sometimes you don't miss pool time during the trip since you're so busy with parks and such. But then when you look back, it's rather like ...'hey, what did we miss?' It looks like we cycle pool time in every 2 or 3 visits. I know my hubby loves the pools so I think we'll be going down a few slides in May.

It's hamburgers or nothing for us at Sci-Fi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
The run depends on how you want to think about it . Time wise I did not do too well. It was VERY humid, I also had a small accident a week before. I slipped on some black ice at my parents house and landed square on my hip. My dad asked if I was suing and that the real tragedy was I dropped his dinner on the ground, last time I do something nice for HIM! I did tell him though I am reasonable and we could settle if he just buys me a DVC membership. I hit the 5K ahead of pace, but the humidity was too much, I think I ran the first 5 then decided to stop for almost every single character I saw. I think I only missed about 5.

Many people DO walk it. I think my pace was officially over 17 minutes finishing at 3:35, but I stopped a lot. I tracked my actual run time on my phone and came out closer to 3:05. I didn't stop it for the first few characters so it could have been off by about 10 mins. If you want to stop for photos if you can run the first 5K you would be able to finish.

I am gonna attempt to start a TR at some point still trying to get all my photos from Both Tink and Princess loaded on photo bucket.
I love your settlement terms - just a small DVC contract will do! Bummer about the fall.

Sheesh! I would have a very hard time running in humidity - it may be too suffocating. My average 5K is 35 min. (I said I'm slow) but I can usually maintain a 12 min. mile for a 10K. With that said, it's all very mental for me so if I'm not feeling it I'll take a break and walk. Throw in characters and even more of an excuse to stop.

PLEASE let me know when you start a TR. I'd love to follow along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
Pool day!! I hope for one of those myself one day.

Also another goal, to get to the sci-fi one day! It seems like a lot of fun, in a cheesy way & that's the best kind of fun! I'm trying but I love 50s too much. I'm making reservations for our next trip now & man, it's hard!
Two goals in one post!! Seriously, take a dip in one of those fabulously themed pools and then go have a burger at Sci-Fi. You'll thank me I'm sure! Don't you feel like no matter how long your trip you need just a few more days to fit in all those dining plans? Goodness, I'm doing that now for April/May.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #1836
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Hey sweetie.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #1837
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

What a nice treat from Em!

I wonder if Mackie would have done something like that? She's so great about being one of the first one's out to the van to help bring groceries in when I come home. I wonder.....

And the swim must have felt wonderful after your long walk in the heat.

I have never been to that resort so one of these days I'd love to say I've stayed there. One of these days.

Scott had to buy new undies. I soooo know how great it feels to have to start buying new clothes. So proud of you, Scott.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #1838
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 24, 2013: Day 9, Part 3

The rain had let up after lunch but it was extremely humid and no fun so we decided to duck into some of the stores on Hollywood Blvd and do some shopping. After that got boring we wandered outside and watched some of the Streetmosphere performers like Jack Diamond who was doing card tricks. Very entertaining I tell you.

Oh, and we apparently had some PP photos

Gleaming magic balloons

The rain returned yet again so executive decision on my part to go check into our new room at BLT. But not before giving love to Bo!

While waiting for the CR bus it was definitely going to storm again. I just hoped the bus made it to us before the storm did. It was quite windy and made my dress billow out – I declared I had a wind baby. See?

Yep folks, that's how I kept myself entertained while waiting for the bus. And wouldn't you know, once we were safely aboard the bus it started to rain... hard. Whew! We avoided being drenched by minutes.

A soggy arrival photo for CR/BLT

We are Home! Or at least where we call home for the next 6 nights.

Being that we were now at our 4th and final resort for the next 6 nights it was check in time! We were assigned room # 7921 on the 9th floor and our room was ready. The machine for printing the keys was down so they gave us a temporary key and said that we could come by later to pick up our permanent keys. I was a pill and asked if they could just drop them off at our room – sliding them under the door was fine. They were good with that. Why thanks!

Arrival photo #4 of the trip:

We went up to the 3rd floor, cut across the walkway bridge to the BLT building (with a wind tunnel which resulted in Marilyn Monroe moment #2 of the day occurring) and lo and behold by the time we arrived at our room there was a CM waiting for us with our permanent keys. What the heck. How did he beat us there? Maybe it was because we stopped to do a little dance in the 9th floor elevator lobby when we saw the view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Iron Man monorail?? Whatever the reason, hooray!

View from 9th floor lobby with Ironman Monorail

I just adore the BLT rooms. They are like a little slice of home on vacation with the 1 bedroom villa. Although my home is far from contemporary and I don’t have maid service and come to think of it I don’t even have a full matched set of pots and pans any longer so the more I think about it maybe it is like the home I wish I had!

I knew that being in a LV room there would be no bar stools – yep none present! (I thought I cracked the code for the barstools since most of our TPV rooms have had them and our LV rooms did not but I’m not so sure.)

This room did have a laundry room and a direct view of the pool at the center of the horseshoe. I was bummed that there was no coat closet since I always make use of that space but when I rethought it I just used the laundry room since it had plenty of space to hang things AND store our luggage.

Continuing the photo tour of the room:

Master Bathroom

Second bathroom

Continued next post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 03-07-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #1839
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 24, 2013: Day 9, Part 4

View from balcony

The Master Schedule – very important stuff!

Chilling in the living room awaiting our bags

I called bell service to retrieve our bags which took so long to deliver that I snoozed on the couch for about 20 minutes. I was refreshed and ready to get organize and unpack for this last leg of our trip. At least I was unpacking....Em didn't feel the need. In fact, her bag stayed out of the way in the laundry room all week.

We had a 9:15pm ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table so we cleaned up for dinner. I carefully calculated how long I thought it would take to walk over to MK and then added on some time to make it over to the castle. I figured 25 minutes should do it – even adding time for a slow elevator. WRONG!

We left the room at 8:50pm but didn’t allow for MSEP being in progress. Ok, we can go around all the crowds. It hampered our progress but then we had to traverse TL and all those crowds. We made it over to Mickey’s Philharmagic where the castle area had already been roped off for Wishes. We were allowed past the ropes and made it 5 minutes late for our ADR. No worries, they didn’t scold us or anything but I hate to be late.

This was the obstacle to getting to dinner...We didn't have time to stand and watch so these were taken on the go.

Still on our way...

We were told to proceed inside the restaurant to have our photo taken with Cinderella. She was glad to see us but then again I overheard her saying that to everyone. She was stunning in her new blue dress. No wonder the prince digs her.

This is where I insert the link to my dining review since this will now cross over to the actual dining experience.

More photos inside Cinderella's dining hall while we were waiting to be called to dinner

Continued next post
Old 03-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #1840
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Hey sweetie.
Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
What a nice treat from Em!

I wonder if Mackie would have done something like that? She's so great about being one of the first one's out to the van to help bring groceries in when I come home. I wonder.....

And the swim must have felt wonderful after your long walk in the heat.

I have never been to that resort so one of these days I'd love to say I've stayed there. One of these days.

Scott had to buy new undies. I soooo know how great it feels to have to start buying new clothes. So proud of you, Scott.
Our kids do some wonderful thing sometimes and warm our hearts! My boys used to help carry in groceries but that was mostly because they wanted the first crack at any of the treats in the grocery bags.

I know Mackie is a sweetie so I'm not surprised to hear how helpful she is with those little chores.

It was definitely refreshing to take a dip in the pool followed by a cruise around the lazy river.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #1841
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

your room at BLT looks really nice. The style definitely is "contemporary" but no cold or stark or anything, which is nice. Glad you were able to unpack

Enjoyed your review of dinner at CRT - you got a perfect table for watching Wishes - what a unique view .... people probably don't typically think of that as an option and probably also slightly easier to get an ADR there so late in the evening

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #1842
amazingact21
Upendi

Great timing getting on the bus seconds before it began raining!

Oh, your room at Bay Lake looks beautiful! Each room looks really large and roomy. And I love that there are balcony spaces from both the living room and the master bedroom.

Glad nobody gave you a hard time for being a few minutes late to your dinner. Those parades can cause some major traffic jams, so I could see how it'd be difficult to navigate your way up to the castle.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #1843
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

How fun to check into another resort Brenda. BLT looks amazing! I love your room. My house isn't as stylish either but it sure looks homey!

I'm glad you were able to get to CRT only a few minutes late. Being late in WDW gives me anxiety even though most CMs are usually understanding about it. I read your dining review and the food looks delicious!!! (even the poor little lettuce salad you had....)

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #1844
JessM
We all have a dream

I'm with you humid and storms take a little bit of the fun out of Disney, not to be a wimp or anything

I love the BLT room! It's beautiful!

I hate it when you forget about the MSEP! I love that parade but it can be a nuisance when you need to get somewhere!

Cute picture with Cinderella, I agree her new dress is fabulous!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #1845
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Wonderful update.
BLT was a beautiful room and your location was pretty nice, too.

Bummer to have a rained out afternoon at DHS.

Looks like a nice dinner at CRT. My DD has never been a princess fanatic, so we have never dined there. Actually made my life a little easier since that was one reservation I didn't have to fight for at the crack of dawn!
Wishes looked lovely from your castle view.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: