Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #1816
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

me is such a good daughter! SAB looks awesome...I have to stay there so I can try it out some of these days.

Jill in CO
Old 03-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #1817
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Oh...SB and the lazy river. It would be so nice to have a quiet trip around the lazy river today...alas, I'll just have to look at your pictures and think about it.

for Em having everything ready to go when you got back. You've trained her well. Now, tell me all your secrets!

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #1818
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

How good of Em to pack up for your return! What a great daughter! So glad to hear you got to enjoy SAB. I just love it there. My friend that came down for Princess with me and I have decided that maybe next year we are gonna stay there. She is now contemplating the Princess given that she has heard directly from MANY people she can walk it! Not sure why no one believes me when I tell them that lol. We went to B&C and walked by SAB and she fell in love with the hotel.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #1819
o0kismet0o
Earning My Ears

Hi! Just wna say your trip reports are so fun and awesome! I may not be in WDW but I feel like I'm there with your trip reports. Thank you so much for sharing!☺️
o0kismet0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #1820
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Enjoyable update.
I do love Stormalong Bay!! The lazy river portion tends to be cooler than the rest of the pool in the hot August month. The photos are wonderful!! Good memories.

Sci Fi. We tried that one this year as you know. And I have to agree. It's the atmosphere, not the food, that would bring a body back there. Although, it wasn't the worst I've ever had.

Love all the corny monster movies. I remember watching those old black and whites as a kid on Saturday and Sunday afternoons when there was nothing else on TV.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #1821
kellea04
Earning My Ears

Loving this TR , I must say the whole of my Saturday this week was taken up reading your TR's and DR's.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #1822
RGirl
DIS Veteran

That’s so funny that you had never swam at SAB in all those trips! I can totally see that happening to me - I am not much of a pool person, but the pools are a “must do” for the other member of my traveling party now.

Loved the pics of the SAB area - it is so beautiful.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #1823
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Thanks Scott. I hope you are staying warm. Can I say here that I had to laugh at your FB post about having to buy new ... ahem.. under things? Great progress!!
I am certainly trying. I did and jeans. Thanks.

I would have liked to see you walk the boardwalk in heals. LOl
Calories, smalories. You’re on vacation. Enjoy!
All the hotels in the Boardwalk area are so pretty.
I cannot believe how many times you move hotels. I hate doing it once during a trip. I figure other trips I will try the next hotel.
Nice pool pics. That is the best pool on property.
I think it has been 6 years since I ate at Sci-fi.
I am caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #1824
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Resort switch time, eh? I can't blame you for not being quite ready. That pool looks so lovely, I'm glad you had a chance to take a quick dip! I think I could just float around that lazy river forever!
I finally got DH to Sci-fi last year. I love the silly movie clips, but the food... Not so much. Glad we got there, but it will be a while before we're back I think.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #1825
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Stormalong Bay looks amazing! My family looooooves lazy rivers so it looks to be right up our alley.

We've never eaten at Sci Fi (the menu doesn't appeal much to us) but you're right, the theming looks super fun!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #1826
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

oh Stormalong Bay looks amazing! I really cannot wait to stay at either YC or BC just for the pool! I'm glad you and Em got to relax. The gym looks very nice too, but I don't work out on vacation either Does the gym overlook stormalong bay? Much better than what I can see from my home "gym".

So nice that Em had you packed up when you came back! That really was a nice room you had.

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #1827
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

It looks like Em is throwing a temper tantrum not wanting to leave

Since our first trip to WDW with DM, she loved Sci-Fi. Definitely because of the theming. The past trip in October, she wanted to go again and we said no. Now with this trip coming up in January, I just know she's going to ask about it. Looks like we'll be making another stop here.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #1828
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Liked your Sci Fi Pic. I like Sci Fi as well but have only been once. I have so many places I want to go!!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #1829
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm glad that my TR was instructive!

I'm so glad you got a chance to check out the pool! Beautiful pictures- I love the one of Emmy in the float.

Did you know that it takes 7 minutes to do a complete circuit in the lazy river using only the current in the pool? My mission last summer was to time that!

How was the pool temp? I have experienced it from uncomfortably warm, to refreshing, to AAHHHHHH.

I have the same gym dedication that you do! I took pictures of the gym when I walked through to use the locker room to change, too!

Sci Fi is one of those places that works itself into your mind, making you insist that it is a must do. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised and pleased with your choice there.
Sorry Dee, your recent post was so timely that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give you a hard time. All in fun mind you!

7 minutes for a circuit of the river, nice to know. I'm prepared with my SAB trivia if anyone asks. As for the temp, I thought it was refreshing, it wasn't too warm at all.

I DID go to the gym on vacation, I just didn't break a sweat in there!

Sci-Fi may not win awards for the best food but no where on WDW property can you dine in a convertible and get a speeding ticket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We are so excited to be staying at the Beach Club in October and finally get to use Stormalong Bay !!
That gym looks pretty good, does that belong to YC or BC or is it shared?
Oh man! You have to try out the lazy river! If you are really adventuresome the giant slide may be calling your name.

The gym is shared by both YC and BC. It is right between the two properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
glad you finally got a chance to enjoy Stormalong bay - it looks like so much fun!

Glad you enjoyed your choice at SciFi (won't spoil it though / will force people to read your dining review so you get double the clicks to find out if you did order the burger or not). I agree that the food there isn't amazing, but a place that does good burgers and shakes isn't a bad thing to have in he rotation

Hope things went well with your transfer
SAB is legendary so we had to take a dip. After 3 visits it was long overdue.

There's just something extraordinary about eating in a car with movies playing. So much better than eating at home in front of the TV!

Sneak peak.... thing went very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Stormalong Bay has always seemed like the best resort pool to me. Having a lazy river and a sand bottom right outside your room just sounds like it would make for a relaxing vacation. Alex and I plan on staying at BC when Landon's an older kid just to enjoy that pool.
I'm glad you had time to check it out before heading into DHS for the afternoon.

The Sci Fi burgers are really good, and it's kind of fun to sit in those cars and watch cheesy trailers, but I understand what you mean about not understanding the return to the restaurant. It has that effect on a lot of us.
Yeah, right now Landon may be happy with any pool. But when he's older he'll certainly enjoy that amazing pool.

It's funny that Sci-Fi isn't memorable for the food but it's one of the few places that my hubby asked to return to eat for lunch. He wanted that 'drive in car place.' Ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluvrs View Post
Brenda,, were you able to take at least one trip down the water slide.. We also would say go for it and start a December trip report
Ha! No, I didn't do the water slide. I didn't make it over to that part of the pool area. We were slowly making our way around the various areas of the pool but didn't follow the line of kids over there.

Thanks... still contemplating the Dec. TR... after my travels next week I may get closer to actually doing it. I know, I shouldn't throw that out there and still procrastinate. This week has just been crazy busy so I'm less inclined to add one more task to my plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Thank you!!!!

Stormalong Bay looks really cool!!! I usually bypass the pools but I always take pictures of them. Hehe.
This was one time that I actually didn't pass by and only take photos. I can't guarantee that we'll do this every trip but it was a nice way to enjoy time away from the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Awww Em had everything packed and ready. What an amazing kid you have there. I say that because, of course, you clearly aren't already aware of that.

First time at Stormalong?? Wow, I'm actually surprised by that. But good on you for removing your outerwear. I swear Dee will never live that one down.

Wow, you got some wonderful photos too. That place is amazing.
Ahh thanks Rob! Yeah, that was a very nice welcome back to the room. Glad to have you affirm what I suspected... I've got a pretty good kid.

Yes, can you believe it. That amazing pool and we've not made time for it in the past. Considering all my clothes were securely packed in the bags that were in the possession of bell service, that would not have been a great idea to jump in the pool with our clothes on. But I agree, we may be teasing Dee about that one for some time to come.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:50 AM   #1830
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
me is such a good daughter! SAB looks awesome...I have to stay there so I can try it out some of these days.

Jill in CO
Disney does a great job with the pools so I'm glad that we finally tried this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
Oh...SB and the lazy river. It would be so nice to have a quiet trip around the lazy river today...alas, I'll just have to look at your pictures and think about it.

for Em having everything ready to go when you got back. You've trained her well. Now, tell me all your secrets!

Christine
The lazy river is much better than the sandy bottom pool which if you are not careful will give you a sandy bottom!

Yeah, if I knew what makes my kid so thoughtful I'd bottle it and sell it. I'm thinking it is a clear reflection of her mother! Ok, not that but she's just considerate like that. Reference the moment earlier in the trip when she went to the CL lounge at AKL and brought me a Diet Coke just because she thought I needed some caffeine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
How good of Em to pack up for your return! What a great daughter! So glad to hear you got to enjoy SAB. I just love it there. My friend that came down for Princess with me and I have decided that maybe next year we are gonna stay there. She is now contemplating the Princess given that she has heard directly from MANY people she can walk it! Not sure why no one believes me when I tell them that lol. We went to B&C and walked by SAB and she fell in love with the hotel.
How was your run? Did you enjoy your trip? I'm in awe of anyone who finishes that.

I didn't know you could walk it. So it's unlike the marathon where they have a minimum 16 minute mile or something? I could run the first 10K but after that it is questionable if I could do more than crawl.

I think many people get sucked into staying at YC/BC because of SAB. It definitely helps the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0kismet0o View Post
Hi! Just wna say your trip reports are so fun and awesome! I may not be in WDW but I feel like I'm there with your trip reports. Thank you so much for sharing!☺️
Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you are reading and thank you for letting me know you are enjoying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Enjoyable update.
I do love Stormalong Bay!! The lazy river portion tends to be cooler than the rest of the pool in the hot August month. The photos are wonderful!! Good memories.

Sci Fi. We tried that one this year as you know. And I have to agree. It's the atmosphere, not the food, that would bring a body back there. Although, it wasn't the worst I've ever had.

Love all the corny monster movies. I remember watching those old black and whites as a kid on Saturday and Sunday afternoons when there was nothing else on TV.
Isn't the lazy river so fun? We loved being able to enjoy the pool for once.

Definitely not the food that gets rave reviews at Sci-Fi! In fact, we've had less than stellar experiences and we STILL go back. Go figure. There's just something about it.

That gila monster clip and the 'cat that hated people'... so many corny but amusing movie clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellea04 View Post
Loving this TR , I must say the whole of my Saturday this week was taken up reading your TR's and DR's.
Thank you kellea! I'm so glad that you are joining in and reading. I hope the reading didn't lull you to sleep! Seriously though, thank you for joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
That’s so funny that you had never swam at SAB in all those trips! I can totally see that happening to me - I am not much of a pool person, but the pools are a “must do” for the other member of my traveling party now.

Loved the pics of the SAB area - it is so beautiful.
Can you believe it? It's one of those things that we now say, "why did it take us so long?"

I remember little Miss Willow loves some pool time. It's not a bad way to take a break from the day I'd say.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: