Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #1786
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love the walkway between DHS and Epcot, but I'm sorry it was a sweaty/painful walk for you!! Not fun.
Any morning that involves a carrot cake cookie is spectacular to me!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #1787
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

sorry to hear about the blister - they are the worst at Disney! Ok, not the worst, I mean, there is probably some combination of thunder storms and Brazilian tour groups and rude CMs and monorails stuck trains stuck with you on them and your boat getting stuck in the middle of It's a Small World .... but you get the idea

and any morning that includes a ride on TOT is a pretty successful morning

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #1788
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

You sound like Mackie and I on our last trip. Iiiiit's time to pack up again and make our next move to our next resort. Oh the trials of the privileged Diser life.

We are truly blessed beyond measure.

I have a feeling on our next trip Mackie will probably be doing some sleeping in like Em does. It might be nice to have my mornings to myself like that. Although....Mackie likes being able to get to all the rides in the early morning hours like I do.
Speaking of, the fact you are an early morning riser on WDW vaca's is going to bode well for us traveling together. I too am an early morning riser, it's nice to know someone else will be enjoying the early mornings right along with me.

I've never done the walk between Epcot and DHS, then again I've not stayed on the boardwalk, so that might have something to do with it.

I have the best thing for any future issues when dealing with blisters.....mole skin. Sounds disgusting but I'm telling you, it's saved two WDW trips and I would have probably given my left arm to get more when I thought I was running out on the second to the last trip I was on. Praise the Lord I didn't need it this last trip. I used it once and found it ended up being an bigger pain than the blister I thought I was getting, and because I didn't want to stop and fix it, I took it off and actually didn't have any more issues.
That's a first for me. The weight coming off really did make a big difference on my feet this last trip.

I wish you had been able to get more done on your solo morning, but alas duty calls, luggage must be transferred and butts must be gotten out of bed.

And I concur, you look pretty darn cute when you are schvitzing all over the place.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #1789
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

You guys have got the cutest dresses for dinner at the YC! I just got back last night and I have to admit, we totally stole a page out of your book and decided to throw on some dresses for dinner at Ohana. It was fun to get a little fancy

The Carp... I mean the Dolphin!

Florida humidity and flip flops...never a match (but it doesn't stop me from trying!)

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #1790
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nothing worse than a visit from a blister to make every step annoying. It happens to me ALL the time while at WDW..

The heat sounds pretty good right now (since its 32 degrees outside) but I absolutely positive it was awful. I don't blame you for calling it a morning a heading back to check out. At least you got to ride ToT and got some cute PP pictures!

That carrot cake cookie is the best, but I definitely crashed and burned after eating it for breakfast so I won't be doing that again.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #1791
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Between riding ToT and the carrot cake cookie, I'd say you got a lot done AND did the most important things at DHS! Oh, and Bo.

Plus a stroll along Crescent Lake is a treat all by itself!

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #1792
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Every day that poor balloon salesman gets home, looks in the mirror and says "I don't get it ... again, not a single balloon sold! what am I doing wrong?!?!?!"
"But everyone takes my picture!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I have the best thing for any future issues when dealing with blisters.....mole skin. Sounds disgusting but I'm telling you, it's saved two WDW trips and I would have probably given my left arm to get more when I thought I was running out on the second to the last trip I was on. Praise the Lord I didn't need it this last trip. I used it once and found it ended up being an bigger pain than the blister I thought I was getting, and because I didn't want to stop and fix it, I took it off and actually didn't have any more issues.
That's a first for me. The weight coming off really did make a big difference on my feet this last trip.

I'll second the recommendation of the moleskin. That stuff is magic!

Last edited by natebenma; 02-26-2014 at 06:24 AM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #1793
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I think I am caught up on your report!!!

Back to your Intermission at DL-

I love the pictures of the empty park!

And I love that the parks sometime open at 7 am. With a 3 hour time difference and my body's habit of waking up between 4-5 am EST EVERY.SINGLE.DAY I will be all over that.

But I especially love the Space Mtn Smooch photo!

Can't blame you for heading back to the resort after your DS tour. Really, what else could you do that would compare at that point?

I have never given Shula's a thought, but OMG- a football-themed steakhouse??? The two things in the world that my teenager is obsessed with? Nate might even acknowledge my existence if I took him there!

What gorgeous early morning photos of SAB and YC.

Sorry you had to cut your solo time at HS short.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #1794
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Hi Brenda, I have been so Mia from the dis..life stuff..but the pull of your day 8 has me back! Wow just finished reading and gawking at photos. Truly a special moment for you and the fact you and your daughter did together was amazing.
Love love your Disneyland intermissions! And happy 18th birthday to your daughter. Amazing views from that room... You really do sell this place!
You and em looked fabulous like usual on your way to diner...lol the heel story. I defiantly give you credit for always looking so nice in the parks.
Nice alone time at DHs.. Lol without the blisters and heat .
Looking forward to contemporary and your dec trip report. Thks for bringing me back to the dis

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #1795
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Lovely morning walk to HS...well, except for that blister. At that time, you'd do anything to make it go away.

What a nice Mom to let Em sleep, of course, you did get some solo park time in too!

Can you believe that I forgot to get a carrot cake cookie when we were at HS in January??? I have never had one and after hearing about them on the DIS I was determined to have one. Well, our HS plans got shortened and I don't think we were even by the Writer's Stop at all. Next time, I'll write it on my hand so I don't forget!

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #1796
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

My SIL tours the park in sandals too, and i've always been so worried about blisters! They seem a lot cooler (in both ways ) to be in sandals though.

I think you had a pretty nice morning even if you didn't do so much. I mean come-on, a delicious carrot cookie and ToT! Sounds pretty fab to me.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #1797
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Whoa! It feels a little weird to comment in “real time”!

So excited to see you moving to BLT. I have grand intentions of buying into DVC someday in the relatively near future - looking forward to trying out BLT one day. Was all the resort-hopping a total drag? I’m always tempted, but then I think about packing, and……. So did the fun of switching resorts outweigh horrible re-packing and unpacking??? I always totally unpack, can’t stand to live out of a suitcase - not sure I could handle doing it multiple times what with all the princess paraphernalia.

How fun to do a little solo outing to DHS! But a blister is just the worst at WDW! And that heat……. Love the MU DHS and hat PP pics though! How did I not realize that ToT is your favorite ride? If we manage to meet up this summer, you and Willow will be fast friends. I totally understand being disappointed in how much you accomplished in that heat - I think there has to be a different standard for August!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #1798
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

YUCK to blisters Hope it didn't cause you too many problems.

I love the picture of you with the picture frame and great big hat!! I just might have one of those myself now

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #1799
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I say... start the next TR... more for us to read!! :-)

Loved your photos and review of Shula's... already said this on the Dining TR.. but I seriously have to eat there!

Sorry to hear about the blister... I can't wear flip flops to the parks, I'm strictly a sneaker person. I can wear flips to the pool and around the resort... but the parks are just too much walking!

Your early morning YC photos are so serene and pretty! I always think I'm going to run and exercise on vacation.. butttttttt sleep wins over!

Can't wait to see your BLT photos! That's my DH's favorite hotel so far! I'm definitely not a fan of resort hopping... I like to unpack once and settle in. I always contemplate it b/c I want to stay everywhere, but in the end... staying in one place wins out. Granted my trips are much shorter than yours!!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #1800
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Everything looks like so much fun....even if it is only 1 ride, 1 cookie, and 8 pp pics!!!

Definitely start the December trip!!! We all want to know about it!

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: