Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #1771
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

That was nice that you let Em sleep in and you enjoyed some solo time at Hollywood Studios. Bummer about the blister! I hope it didn't keep you from enjoying the rest of your day. I had this huge blister form on one of our trips and it was miserable until it finally busted open (sorry if that is gross, I'm a nurse so nothing bothers me) and then it was instant relief! Those carrot cake cookies are really good, but I think a cupcake from starring rolls would've been calling my name louder!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #1772
katt789
DIS Veteran

Looks like a pretty decent morning even with not a lot getting done! Lol. Love all the pp's pictures!

And I say do a Dec trip report!! Always a fun way to relive the magic! Lol. Mine would be started but it has continuing character interactions and stories from the tail end of Sept's tr so I've got to wrap that up first!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #1773
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

It's the packing, unpacking, and re-packing that keeps me from doing a split stay. We are definitely not organized in the room though-tiaras and princess wands everywhere!

Sounds like a nice morning!

If you can't have a cookie for breakfast on vacation, when can you? Great idea!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #1774
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pre-sunrise photos! Wow, what a gorgeous view!
Very nice of you to let Em sleep, but I am more like you in Disney, up early and ready to go!
Walking to DHS, I am still so in awe of this phenomenon, I really need to stay at the Boardwalk or something in that area. So, so cool.
Super hot, humid and a blister? I think you did pretty well considering the conditions!
Love the PP pics, especially with Mike Wazowski! I haven't seen that one before!
I think that anything you eat in Disney is low cal, even the carrot cake cookies. That's what I tell myself. That plus all that walking should un-do any ill effects of sugar!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #1775
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

Blisters on vacation are the worst! During our trip I wore shoes I had been wearing every day for months to try to avoid a blister, but it was so bad that I walked barefoot from Test Track to the bus stop after evening EMH on our Epcot day and I nearly stayed in the hotel for our entire DHS day until my husband walked to the gift shop and bought me flip flops to wear the rest of the trip.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #1776
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Well, one ride and one snack is better than no park time at all! Your pictures from that morning are gorgeous!

Sorry about your blister though! Those are the worst.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #1777
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YES YES YES!!!! December TR!!! Not gonna lie. There are times when you post an update here and I keep thinking... OOH what December day is this? I wonder where I was. Oy, yeah I'm a little slow.

I actually now am a big fan of the walk over to DHS. Maybe I would be a little less so in that heat, but still, such a lovely walk. Plus the added convenience of letting Em sleep while you explore.

Wow, ToT at 30 minutes already??? Oh and thank you for pointing out the photo was from the CD. I could not figure out for the life off me why it was so dark all of a sudden.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #1778
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Blisters are not your friend, especially not in WDW. Ouch Brenda.

But how fun to get into HS by yourself, even for just one ride and a cookie and some photos.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #1779
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Eeeep, I got so far behind again. I HATE when that happens! But I am so glad I'm catching up again because wow... the tour. It's just amazing.

That's SO AWESOME that you guys got KEYS TO THE CASTLE! I would find a way to go and get someone to print my name on it, hahaha. Seriously thought, how cool... 7000 people, that's amazing.

Okay, moving to the intermission... SO AWESOME that you guys stayed at the GC! After getting us a room there last November at the Villas, I have been SPOILED when it comes to going to Disneyland. Ugh, it's just such a wonderful resort to stay at. We'll be in Disneyland again in May, and we're staying not on property, but close by. It's kind of bumming me out a bit, though we are planning (fingers crossed it works out again) to stay at the VGC in November again, as Matt's parents' want to go to Disneyland with us and stay there. I just hope I can get us either a one-bedroom or two studios at the seven-month mark! It's normally rare to be able to get a studio at VGC because there are so little DVC rooms there.

I love your on-ride photo of Indiana Jones, hahaha. That's about accurate because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a photo while on that ride! But that being said, I LOVE it. It's truly up there for being one of my absolute favorite Disney attractions between both DLR and WDW. And the theming is just amazing, too.

Okay, La Brea Bakery looks SO good! Matt and I thought about going there once during our November trip but then didn't. Now I kind of want to because it looks fabulous!

Oh the Cove Bar! That's another place we have yet to go but want to. I'm making notes over here since your updates are totally reminding me, haha.

Any time you feel like going off track, DO IT! I love reading about your time at DLR! I'm planning on writing a TR for our November trip there once I can actually get my WDW one done. But I love seeing WDW friends go to DLR, it's so much fun to read about!

I'm amazed at the people who job around the BoardWalk when it's like already 90 and humid out. UGH. I seriously was shocked when we'd come out of Beach Club Villas and just see people running around with no sweat. THAT IS NOT NORMAL, hahaha.

I think your morning at HS was successful when it involves a ride on ToT AND that amazing Carrot Cake Cookie! Oh my goodness, I'm a fan of those. We skipped them last trip, but I am making sure we get them again next trip. Or at least I am!

YAY! I'm all caught up, and I'm happy about it. Sorry for the long comment, hahaha.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #1780
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Cake pops!! They're so cute & yummy!

That balloon vendor seems pretty shy. I'd be right there with ya, cast member. They were just offering you a unique shot with balloons.

Oh yacht club, you are completely gorgeous. Great sunrise shots! When I see these I think wow, she gets up early for being used to pacific standard time! Way to make the most of your disney time, Brenda!

I love all your cute solo shots in MGM. I feel your blister pain. It's no fun, that's for sure! You certainly earned that cookie, especially when you pair it with a hot & humid Florida day. 2 cookies next time!
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #1781
annie170
Mouseketeer

Well, you certainly make "drenched" look good!

I try not to worry about calories on vacation, especially at Disney. With all the walking, weight gain is usually minimal.

30 minute wait on ToT during EMH?!

Best pool in all of Disney!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #1782
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Oooh I like the early morning Disney pics! The couch in you room looked so peaceful and relaxing. Don't you hate it when you find short cuts in the end instead of the beginning? Better late than never at all I suppose.
Ugh! Foot blisters and floppy bandaids are no fun at all! Poor Brenda. And that is one thing I hate is sweating in morning Florida humidity...yuck! We get the same thing here in Texas and I hate it too!
ToT oh my goodness I have not been on this since I was a teenager! I want to again so much too....just need courage to ride myself since no one in my family will ride with me lol!
So happy to see that I am not the only one in the carrot cake cookie breakfast club That sounds really good right now too. Great update Brenda!!
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #1783
amazingact21
Upendi

Calories don't count when you're in Disney.... Or, at least, that's what I tell myself.
Alex and I always joke that the reason we eat so healthy at home is so that we can eat the stuff we like on vacation. If you're allowed to bank desserts throughout the year, we sure do that.

Besides, that carrot cake cookie looks too good to pass up. And if you were craving it, it was better to get it while you still could. Rather than carry that craving home with you.

Ouch, blisters can be extremely annoying. It's a wonder something so small can cause such pain. I hope it didn't interfere with park touring too much.

I wouldn't call your morning a waste. You took a nice long walk. In the FL summer heat, at that! And you were able to go on a headline.
Not to mention, you also let your daughter sleep in for a few extra hours. That certainly counts.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #1784
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

LOVE a quiet, peaceful morning!

That walk to DHS from YandBC is nice but not so nice with a blister! Long way to go!! Ouch! And it can get kind of sweaty in the humidity/heat. But I can still walk it faster than the boat can get me there!

I didn't know they had a special photopass with Mike out in front of the studios!!

Moving day!! and now you are to the point in your trip where we arrive to the wonderful world of Disney!! I will be paying particularly close attention to your photos to see if our group is ever spotted in your backgrounds. That would be too funny!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #1785
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

To me, a morning along with TOT and a Carrot Cake cookie sounds better than any other "typical" morning!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: