Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #1696
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I have to say, that "special entrance" sure is a nice perk for resort guests. Granted I used the Grand to get back and forth from the Parks, but I had to go into DownTown Disney like the commoner I am.

Bahahahaha, Is that your arm I see in the Cars mirror shot? Nice work!!!

Awww, such a great SM photo.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #1697
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Really enjoyed the DL intermission!! I've never been, but hope to get there one day!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #1698
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Glad that Emmy had such a wonderful birthday! You all looked like you were having a blast!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #1699
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Love your action shot Brenda! Those are hard to get just right so kudos to you my dear I am in the early stages of planning our first ever family trip to DL in July and it's so overwhelming! I think more so than when I researched for our first trip to WDW and stumbled upon this great place because there just does not seem to be near the resources for DL as there are for WDW. And I get it WDW gets more of a traveling vacation crowd whereas DL is more of a locals spot but ugh! Anyways loving you posts with GCH I want to stay onsite so badly for this trip but talking DH into it is a whole other thing...he wants to stay at the Candy Cane Inn.... but it's not the same....waahh
More importantly though what was that yummy drink from the cove bar....was that rassberries I saw? Yum Yum!
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #1700
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Looks like fun, but I think I've seen all these pictures before.

Of course I have, on FB!

Y'all look like you had a great time. It's good to run into friends while in one of your favorite places celebrating one of your favorite people.
I can't believe your baby is all grown up now. I thank goodness I have a few more years before we hit that one, but at the same time I'm looking forward to that next phase of my life too. Although I'm not looking forward to the fact Mackenzie will be 18 before she even starts her senior year.

Loving your action shot, by the way, that and the kissing shot on the rollercoaster.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:41 AM   #1701
MEK
DIS Veteran

EMH at 7am? Nice! How very convenient to use the hotel entrance. The park looks empty.

That Cars attraction just looks so cool. I really can't wait to see it for myself. Very cool.

How fun that your friends met you there to join in the celebration.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:09 AM   #1702
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow, great DL pics! I want to visit so much. The cars ride looks adorable, and lunch looks really good! Wonderful way to celebrate Em's birthday!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #1703
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

What wonderful updates! I am very glad you shared it all with us! It looks like Em had a wonderful birthday!

And... I LOVE your action shot... Very cute!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #1704
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

The only thing missing from your action shot is a long cable connected to the helicopter that is hovering overhead, ready to carry you to the next great adventure - James Bond style.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #1705
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

we don't mind the intermission!!! Everything looks like such a great time
Old 02-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #1706
Fairy Floss
Mouseketeer

I've been reading along - enthralled with Cinderella's Dream Suite but so excited to read the intermission!
I am planning our 1st trip to DLR in May .... AND..... We're staying at the Grand Californian.... SO.....
Thank you SO much for the photos and detail

Hong Kong Disneyland 2011
Paris Disneyland 2012
WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Fairy Floss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #1707
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Still here and playing the world’s biggest game of catch-up…..

So think back, about 100 years ago, when you were having issues with AKL………….

I’m glad you got a decent AKL room! I loved that Em went to get you a Diet Coke. Pretty sure Willow already knows when I need coffee….

Love the DIS meets!

WHAT? I had no idea there was a Mr. DeVine! What in the world?????

I love your AKL view - this is why this is one of my top resorts to try next trip - it seriously reminds me so much of when I graduated from high school and my parents took me and my brother on a 2-week safari trip to Kenya. EVERY time I go into AKL, I am taken back to that trip. Can’t wait to stay there one day!

What a fun late-night DHS time! You know we LOVE ToT! And Willow is quietly biding the time until she is finally tall enough for RnRC! Love your ride pics!!!

And…… I am still only half-way through your TR…...
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:52 AM   #1708
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
What great photos of DL!! We've never been...but someday!

Great action shot!!

The kiss photo is adorable --- hope you guys have a Happy Valentine's Day!
I have a few somedays myself Julie!

Ha ha! Thanks. That 'action pose' took only one shot!

Thanks and same to you and your hubby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like an enjoyable morning at DCA. Carsland sounds like the TSMM of DL. But hey, that's what single rider is for.
You got it! Radiator Springs Racers is definitely the TSMM of DCA. Single Rider being a walk on made that one a no brainer for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great birthday weekend! The Grand Californian looks beautiful, and the walkway seems like a great perk!

Love the Space Mountain pic.
Thanks Shannon! I don't think there could be a more convenient in/out from the hotel in/out of the park. I've been thinking where can they put a resort at WDW that would be right there in the park?? That would be amazing.

It looks like I'm grabbing my hubby's face and he doesn't stand a chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
Aw what a fun morning & birthday! Thank you for sharing this intermission with us. I love hearing about disneyland. I love your hoodie too! Soooo cute! Adorable photo with Frozone too, you guys are too cute!
Thanks Jennifer. I think there are about 1,899,345 other gals that have that Minnie hoodie. It is adorable when the hood is up with the Minnie ears.

I was excited to see Frozone. We're never out in the parks early in the morning for the special characters. Frozone was great with the kids before us. He took one kid over to the fruit stand and picked up some crushed ice and was pretending that he made it. Adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
What a wonderful trip to Disneyland! I've only made it out there once and only for 5ish hours. I definitely need to go again someday.

I love the SM pic, too cute!
Wow! 5 hours is a whirlwind. Definitely spend at least 6 hours next time!

Romance and SM... it just seems to go together sometimes.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #1709
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

First, happy belated birthday to Em. She always looks good, but her birthday dinner pictures are STUNNNING. I've always wanted to go to Disneyland and if I didn't absolutely hate traveling, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Been MIA for a while, but I leave for The World in one week!!!! So excited!

Your pictures from the suite tour are amazing and I am so happy for you guys that you got to experience that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I LOVE this!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #1710
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I always love your pictures from Disneyland. I've only been to DLR twice in my lifetime. The last one was a couple of years ago during a conference in San Diego. Had a great time! As things stand now it appears that both of my major conferences in May and October of 2015 will be in San Diego. So you know what that means! Twice the opportunity to visit Disneyland!

Sounds like it was a wonderful birthday weekend for Em!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: