Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #1591
freesone
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Brenda, you came in with the #10 most popular thread for 2013!!!!!!!!

Neal

Podcast Cruise 3.0, Podcast Cruise 5.0
WL-2010,2011,2012,2013
POFQ-2002,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009, AKL 2003, Disney Wonder 2006
POLY-NOV 2007
Beach Club-2000,Yacht Club2001,
freesone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #1592
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Brenda, I just wanted to take a moment to pass along my most sincere

On this thread being the Number 10 most viewed thread on DISboards for 2013!!!!!
I guess I'm just a little late in making that proclamation, but that's ok.

What a remarkable achievement made even more remarkable that it didn't even start until September.
I hope you enjoy the travel pack you just won!!!

Again, well done my friend.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #1593
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda!

So, well, I was sort of delusional and thought that I could read through this and get caught up to present day and start posting real comments. I failed. I have made it through the safari and part of that day's visit to AK. And I realize that, if I keep going at this pace, I will never remember anything to comment about. So, the safari looked amazing! And I loved the EE pics and especially the Dinosaur pics!

I am going to keep reading and eventually get caught up. I may have to pop in with out-dated comments from time to time in the meantime.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #1594
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Congrats on being number 10 for 2013. That is just amazing. Happy Belated birthday to Emily. Beautiful picks of the suite and a mirror that turns into a tv. I had to show the DH that pic.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #1595
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda! I'm FINALLY catching up on TRs again and have read through your latest updates of your tour.

I have to say...

This tour is just beyond fascinating, seriously! What an amazing opportunity! And that's why I love Disney so much... the details they put into everything is UNREAL. Even the things that are very rarely seen to normal every day guests. It's made me appreciate Disney that much more. They really don't just put tiny effort into things... they go all out! Your TRs are always so entertaining because it's not just the usual Disney trip... there are ALL sorts of fun things happening to you! I really, really enjoy reading them.

Can't wait to hear more about your tour AND the rest of your trip!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:09 AM   #1596
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesone View Post
Congratulations Brenda, you came in with the #10 most popular thread for 2013!!!!!!!!

Neal
Thank you Neal. I never know until you tell me since I don't regularly watch the Podcasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Brenda, I just wanted to take a moment to pass along my most sincere

On this thread being the Number 10 most viewed thread on DISboards for 2013!!!!!
I guess I'm just a little late in making that proclamation, but that's ok.

What a remarkable achievement made even more remarkable that it didn't even start until September.
I hope you enjoy the travel pack you just won!!!

Again, well done my friend.
Thanks Rob! I had no clue there was a prize. Perhaps it is filled with Mickey treats?? Wouldn't that be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Brenda!

So, well, I was sort of delusional and thought that I could read through this and get caught up to present day and start posting real comments. I failed. I have made it through the safari and part of that day's visit to AK. And I realize that, if I keep going at this pace, I will never remember anything to comment about. So, the safari looked amazing! And I loved the EE pics and especially the Dinosaur pics!

I am going to keep reading and eventually get caught up. I may have to pop in with out-dated comments from time to time in the meantime.
No worries Roni, out of order, backwards, forward, thanks for reading.

I think I already commented on your thread but we were keeping an eye out for you and Willow last weekend. I hope you had a great time at DLR for her birthday celebration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
Congrats on being number 10 for 2013. That is just amazing. Happy Belated birthday to Emily. Beautiful picks of the suite and a mirror that turns into a tv. I had to show the DH that pic.
Thank you for the shout out and thank you for the bday greeting for Em!

I wish I had a photo of the TV turned on in the sitting room. That would have been fun to share. I like the practical side of Disney for the suite... dual purpose technology is a brilliant idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Hi Brenda! I'm FINALLY catching up on TRs again and have read through your latest updates of your tour.

I have to say...

This tour is just beyond fascinating, seriously! What an amazing opportunity! And that's why I love Disney so much... the details they put into everything is UNREAL. Even the things that are very rarely seen to normal every day guests. It's made me appreciate Disney that much more. They really don't just put tiny effort into things... they go all out! Your TRs are always so entertaining because it's not just the usual Disney trip... there are ALL sorts of fun things happening to you! I really, really enjoy reading them.

Can't wait to hear more about your tour AND the rest of your trip!
Thanks Dani! And likewise, I can't wait to read about your ToT tour. Speaking of which I need to get myself caught up!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #1597
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your #10 spot for the year on the DisBoards!!! Be sure to take a photo of the lovely gift pack you receive so we can all see what you get!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #1598
Lisann
Mouseketeer

The suspense is killing me! More trip report, please!!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #1599
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Congrats on your #10 spot for the year on the DisBoards!!! Be sure to take a photo of the lovely gift pack you receive so we can all see what you get!
Thanks Linda! I will be sure to share here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
The suspense is killing me! More trip report, please!!
You got it! Hang on a minute....
Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #1600
guinness408
Mouseketeer

Brenda, I've been a lurker on your trip reports for the past couple of years but I really had to say thank you. They are so helpful and full of great pictures that I've made several adrs based on your yummy meals. Your reports are so fun to read....keep them coming please!! Our next trip is this august where we'll be introducing our new twin daughters to disney. Our first trip with babies and twins to boot... We never took our older kids before they were 3.... Should be interesting to say the least! Thanks for all the time you put into sharing your trips with us!

guinness408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #1601
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 8 - Dream Suite Tour Part 5

The next room of the Dream Suite that we toured was the bathroom, otherwise known as the Royal “throne” room! I realized that I had a lot of photos of the DS on my phone. I copied some of them for this update.

Bathroom:

This was actually a stunning room. The theming was perfectly charming and didn’t stray from the castle motif.

To the left of the doors, there were dual basin sinks set in a granite countertop with recessed mirrors above each.

Opposite the sinks was the focal point of the bathroom – an ornately tiled spa tub. Each of the three walls surrounding the tub had mosaic tiles depicting scenes from the movie. With a flip of a switch, the lights dimmed and twinkling stars appeared in the ceiling. The lights in the tub change from pink to blue to pink to blue…. It’s the details folks! (Note: This is the same theme as the spa tub in Disneyland’s Dream Suite. See photo for comparison to my tour a couple years ago.)

Make it Pink!

Make it Blue!

Minus the fresh rose petals for those guests actually staying there

Ceiling above the spa tub

Disneyland's Dream Suite spa tub and vanity for comparison. These photos are from a couple years ago. The twinkly lights in the ceiling were similar to Cinderella's DS bathroom.

There’s also a shower that has the tile-work on the walls mirror the tile on the floor. And what products are worthy of the DS? Why they offer the Spa H2O bath amenities same as the Admiral Suite! I figured a few people would be curious as to the soaps/hair products that they use in the DS.

The compartment toilet room has a canopy over the commode. Who thought of that detail?

Trying not to picture Tom Cruise sitting there...

Oh, and the crystal light fixtures are absolutely perfect!

Vanity:

Picture in bathroom:

More details:

Moving on... final part of DS tour next

Last edited by emmysmommy; 02-01-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #1602
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 9 - Dream Suite Tour Part 6

Strike a pose by the fireplace:

After we had toured the suite our photographer had us pose for photos by the fireplace. We asked if he would also please take photos with our camera and he said he’d be glad to do so just drop them on the bed. Once everyone dumped their camera or iphone on the bed there was a small pile of 3 iphones, 3 cameras and a sketch pad. Perhaps not the sketch pad but we were ready to document that we were here! Joe was a good sport and obliged us.

My happy girl and Dean:

Pictures off my phone:

Carpet - it was an oops photo but it shows the carpet well

We never felt rushed for the tour but we were ever mindful that we were guests in this special place and I felt like lingering too long would be taking advantage of their hospitality. Plus I didn’t know if there was somewhere else that Joe or Caroline needed to be. The tour took approximately an hour.

After we had sufficiently ohh’d and ahh’d over the suite, there was no excuse that we could find to stay longer so we piled back in the elevator to return to the breezeway. Actually, back up a minute. we'd joked that we had "left" our bag in the sitting room so we had to go back there to retrieve it.

Seriously, we did have a bag left behind... the one with the new Dooney and Em's ring. Oops!

And a final parlor photo

Farewell Dream Suite

More elevator photos:

Inside the corridor while it is blocked off

Keys to Cinderella’s Suite:
After we descended back to the ground floor we thanked Caroline for being such a great hostess. She said no tour was complete without a key to the suite. We were handed our own keys to the Cinderella Suite. If you were an actual guest of the suite it would have your name printed on the card. (For anyone that has taken the KTTK tour, there is a replica of the keys in a display case in the utilidors labeled Lady Tremaine.)

We were told that we were one of only 7,000 people in the world to tour the suite. Make that 7,004 with Kristy's family. We felt completely honored and blessed I tell you.

Once everyone had said their good-byes and we parted ways. Em and I went over to the benches by Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and just stared at the castle. We looked at each other and spontaneously squealed EEEEEEEE!!! We were so grateful that someone would even think to ask on our behalf to take us on this amazing tour. We just happened to be blessed enough to be at the right place at the right time once again during this Disney adventure.

We sat there for a short period of time just enjoying the view of that spectacular castle. We'll never look at it the same way again.

After this pause in our afternoon, we started to lose steam and wanted to relax in our room before we had plans for the evening.

Continued Next Post - This way to continue with the Trip Report

DL Resort Intermission Part 1 at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

Last edited by emmysmommy; 02-18-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #1603
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness408 View Post
Brenda, I've been a lurker on your trip reports for the past couple of years but I really had to say thank you. They are so helpful and full of great pictures that I've made several adrs based on your yummy meals. Your reports are so fun to read....keep them coming please!! Our next trip is this august where we'll be introducing our new twin daughters to disney. Our first trip with babies and twins to boot... We never took our older kids before they were 3.... Should be interesting to say the least! Thanks for all the time you put into sharing your trips with us!
Thank you Guinness for saying Hi! I'm so glad that you have enjoyed reading along and picked up some ADR advice.

Definitely dining is a big part of our plans and most of our ADRs have been influenced by reviews on the Dis dining boards so I'm glad I can pass on some recommendations.

Happy planning for your August trip with your babies! That will be memorable and full of wonderful firsts.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #1604
momabbate
Mouseketeer

This was a very magacial tour. You and Em are blessed with being able to tour. Thank you for sharing with us common folks. I have been dying to take a bath. I can't think of the last one. Those pics of the bath tub were perfect. Now to get that tub in my house. I can imagine how tired you two were. Go get some rest.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #1605
annie170
Mouseketeer

What an amazing opportunity you were given. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: