Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #1516
DisneyMagicMomma
Mouseketeer

Oooooh, I am LOVING this report. And your previous reports! TRs keep me going until the next trip (Oct. '14. Yayy!)

Odd question, in the 2012 (If I remember right) TR, you are carrying a black and white purse with scrollwork Mickey heads. Where did you find it? I am DYING for one. Okay, perhaps its not THAT bad, but I do love it!

~ T i f f a n y

WDW- 1/2007, 5/2010, anticipating 10/2014 After graduation of nursing school
DisneyMagicMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #1517
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Let me just say I am loving the Dream Suite! Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to win to stay there!

I got a little behind since my classes started back but yay for the dream suite pics!!!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #1518
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Finally caught up!

It only took me 4 hours, but I'm finally caught up!
I can't wait to see the next installation of the DS! It LOOKS AMAZING! That's a few truck loads of pixie dust! SO jealous!
I know you've even got another trip from last month to work on... you're going to be a busy girl!
CAN WAIT to see the next chapter and LOTS more pictures from the DS!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #1519
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Everything inside that Dream Suite is just so elegant! Can that be my bedroom please?

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #1520
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
OH boy. That suite is enough to make anybody cry. I just keep going back over each little detail. That mosaic on the floor is incredible, and the beds with those beautiful canopies... can you imagine staying there?? I would never sleep! I would just keep the lights on, wander all over, stare at every detail. Amazing.
Everything about that place was designed in intricate detail tied to the theme of being Cinderella's suite. I agree, I can't imagine falling asleep since you want to enjoy every minute of the experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
WOW how awesome!! My daughter would love this....she still believes Cinderella lives in that castle.
Awwww, how precious. Through the eyes of a child it is so magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The suite is gorgeous. I would have wanted to look in those big chests to see what is in there. And I was thinking that there wasn't very much room on the nightstand for "stuff". And where is the alarm clock? I know, I'm much too practical for this dream suite.
Ha ha! I suppose the amenities are far different than Motel 6. But you can't beat the commute back to your room after Wishes.

Yeah, I didn't peek in anything but you can bet I would have if they left me alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Looks like just another Disney day at the office for you. So glad you got the opportunity to do this.

This is one time I would refuse to be pinched (I say that like I'd never refuse otherwise). OK, I'm gonna say it... "If this is dream I don't want to wake up!!!!" And to start with a Wishes graphic on the screen just cements that.

I'm so glad you're describing all this and not me as my description I'm sure would be something like "there were two beds...".

A hidden Mickey in the fireplace that cycles?? OMG that is so cool.

It's not often I go back over pictures of a post over and over, but I sure did here.

I was curious if you could be in the suite during Wishes, but I guess you can. Obviously no view, but it would still be pretty cool.
Yeah, that's the way it is for us Rob! 9am meet and greet with the Mayor, 2pm Dream Suite tour, 3pm parade Grand Marshals, 4pm check into the Admiral suite. It all of those things happened in one trip we'd Seriously, we were so incredibly lucky and blessed to do this.

Your famous quote is perfect for this occasion!

Would your tour description be like the Jungle Cruise skipper? "Now I'm going to point out some of my favorite parts of the suite. There, and there, and some more over there." That's ok, if I can't describe something I'll just post a photo.

I too, wonder what it would be like to be inside during Wishes. There's two sets of windows and I don't think either offer a great view but I'm not entirely sure.

I have video of the fireplace with the hidden Mickey but it didn't turn out so well. Here it is in this link. The Mickey is seen at the very beginning and at the end. Neither was that great at capturing it but you can get an idea nonetheless.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Cinderella's Suite is absolutely gorgeous! Weird, but all I could think about, after you mentioned it, was that Tom Cruise stayed there.

It would definitely be cool to have the opportunity to stay there and feel like an actual princess for a night.

Thank you so much for sharing this magical experience you and Em shared!
Thanks Chris! Don't worry, my train of thought was similar but different....I kept thinking of Tom cruise on the toilet when we saw the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
That tv is so cool! I love that mixed in with the gorgeous, ornate furniture is just a cool piece of tech. And awesome that it can play the Wishes soundtrack!!
The technology interfaced so well with the theme. It didn't take away from it but allows guest to experience all of the modern amenities while feeling like you are in a far away distant land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedisprincesses View Post
What extraordinary detail. Beautiful description. Thank you so much for sharing this bit of magic!
Thanks Kelly! It's my pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
All I can say is WOW! Amazing! Gorgeous! Beautiful!

I'm still trying to decide if I should share these photos with DD6. I'm not sure she'd understand that it's really not an option for her to stay there .

That carriage mosaic is stunning, and I love the fiber-optic fireplace. How gorgeous is that place?

Thanks so much for sharing!
That's a tough one. I suppose you could tell your DD that Cinderella lives in the castle and once in awhile the step-sisters drop by with their cameras. Just say I'm Anastasia!

I'm glad you enjoyed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Thank you for the lovely Parfumerie photos. I was in the shop this summer and it is truly lovely. Mrs. Redmond was quite a talent!

The suite is spectacular. What an opportunity! I am waiting for the rest with bated breath
You are very welcome!

Since discovering the beautiful history behind the floral designs we make it a point to drop by the shop more often. (It was closed last week.) I have yet to actually make a purchase since the perfume that I like I don't like the bottle design. For me, the point of buying one is to get the Swarovski crystals and signature from the lady that does it on occasion. (Her name escapes me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Loving the Dream Suite updates so far! Wow, it's gorgeous. I love the detailing in the pillars and ceilings. I can't imagine being able to stay in there for a night! Can't wait to read/see more!
Thanks Jillian! I'm sure I missed some of the details but it really was incredible.

I'm with you, it's beyond imagination to fluff that pillow and lay down for the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Just gorgeous!

Jill in CO
1,000% agree Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
I have chills just looking at the photos! Gorgeous!
It truly is gorgeous Annie.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #1521
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
I love those dark ceilings. They seem so warm and cozy!

Your descriptions and details continue to be a wonderful assets to your pictures. Can't wait to hear/see more!
Thanks Emily! I'm glad you are reading along and enjoying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
Love the update! The CS looks so beautiful and detailed! Can't wait to see more!
Thank you! I'm happy to share more! I have a lot of photos left to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
Amazing photos so far. I made the mistake of looking at them on the iPad with DD5 looking over my shoulder. Now she thinks we're going to sleep there when we go this week. She has a memory like an elephant so I really hope she isn't disappointed when we check in at the Contemporary.
Oh, how adorable. I hope your DD falls in love with the Contemporary. You can tell your DD that the CR is where all of Cinderella's friends sty. If you have a Theme Park view she'll be able to see the castle. Enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Yep you definitely took in more details than I did I do remember I slept on the right side of the right bed though, closest to the door
Aha! And did you actually get to sleep? I've wondered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Yikes, Mr. Mayor is a creepy mccreeperson. Kinda surprised he hasn't been identified as a liability.

I am not sure I can imagine a more perfect afternoon: Plaza french fries, impulse shopping and the dream suite.

The suite is AMAZING! So happy you guys had the chance to tour it and thank you for sharing it with us!!
Hi Christine. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mayor has been smacked a time or two.

You summarize the day like that and I completely agree! Our dinner at Shula's made it a perfect ending to the extraordinary day.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Ahhhhhhhh, OMG, that was one heck of an update and you and Em are two lucky, lucky ladies! I do have to brag for a moment my boyfriend made the tiara! He used to work at the Crystal arts place on Main Street and flame worked it. Now we both work at a glass museum in upstate New York (though I would much prefer to be in Florida!)

So excited for another update! Your reports are just awesome
Wow!!! That is incredible. Is it this tiara?

Thank you for sharing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
Brag away! What a wonderful story! You must be so proud of him!! He must be so proud!!
I agree. There are stories behind the details that are so interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Basically, my jaw has hit the floor. It is SO beautiful, and I love that you can play the soundtrack to Wishes! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful details, Brenda!
Hi Courtney! It's my pleasure to share. This stuff is too good to keep secret in my photobucket account!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Just wow. That's all I can say. WOWOWOWOW.
Your WOWOWOWOW says it all! Thanks Marissa!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #1522
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Brenda, I'm totally blown away.

This suite is beyond words!
I think it would be so hard to go in there and not know what to take pictures of first. I think I would be stuck at the entry way with just admiring the details in the mosaic tiles for at least 20 mins. <happy sigh>

I loved seeing more details of the furniture and other gorgeous details we don't normally get to see, most people get the main pictures of the bed and bathroom and then the rest is a mystery.
Thanks to you my sweet, friend we get to see so much more!! You and MEK make it such a pleasure to follow along on your TR's.
Thanks Camille!

I was rather erratic with the photos. I kept bouncing around so I'm not sure if I captured everything that I wanted to. And then we just wanted to sit awhile and enjoy being IN the suite and listen to more of the details.

Oh, thank you! That's an honor since MEK takes incredible photos and is an icon around here!

I'm glad you are enjoying reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
Wow wow wow. That tile mosaic of the carriage is stunning! I dig the etching on the elevator doors too!

I love all the detail in the suite! Especially those wood carved chests at the foot of the bed. Gorgeous! I love that some of cinderella's friends appear too. Disney does detail like no other.
I'm glad I threw that photo of the elevator door in the mix since I had forgotten what the outside of those doors looked like.

I agree, Disney did an incredible job with all the details of the theming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh No! Don't stop now!

Those beds are beautiful and the details in the ceiling and all the woodwork - simply amazing!
Ha ha! Seriously, it was only midnight when I posted. I had a good hour before the Boards take a break early in the morning.

I sure wish I had your photo skills for this tour!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Sigh. That is beyond stunning

Wonderful detail Brenda! Just gorgeous and I love all the details and adroe the fireplace I admit, I find it a little surprising there isn't a room for Cindy and her prince to sleep without little ones in the same room and a bigger bed.... Still though, it's just lovely!
Thank you Cynthia!

The next room that I'll share has a sofa that pulls out into a bed so .... you could have a room for the littles and a room for the royal couple. But yeah, no big King size bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
GREAT job on the tour so far. Fantastic pictures and all of the details you are including are so illuminating.

The grandfather clock in the breezeway is incredibly cool and I absolutely love the picture you have with it in the mirror. I love that the hands are stuck at midnight- plus that means nobody needs to change the batteries!
Good point Dee! No need to adjust for daylight savings time either.

Quote:
This may be sacrilegious but am I the only one who was reminded of the Haunted Mansion elevator when you showed pictures of the lift?
I didn't before buy you know I will now.

Quote:
That is some trophy case with the glass slipper, scepter and tiara. I love that one of your readers has a connection to it. Six degrees indeed!
Pretty cool to see someone who knows someone who created it.

To think that I'm happy with a plastic wand from CRT.

Quote:
Gorgeous mosaic and I want a fireplace with hidden Mickeys in the flames!!!
I added a link in my response to Rob's comments but I just edited my post to add the short video.

Quote:
I am on the same practical wavelength as Wood Nymph- what kind of coffee maker is in the room? I would be intimidated trying to figure out how much I should tip the Mousekeeer.
Ha ha ha!! Very good questions indeed! You may be able to call down to the "concierge" CM and ask them to bring up morning coffee.

Quote:
Ah, Year of a Million Dreams x 2

We won a prize! We encountered the Dream Team when on a whim we decided to visit Figment. I jumped up and down and screamed when I saw the Dream Team. We got Dream Fast Passes for EPCOT. I got a very blurry picture of the prize team because I was so nervous.
Hi Dee!! I'd be crazy excited to see the Dream Team giving out stuff. I would have said thanks for the FPs now what do I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziannie View Post
That is actually really nice to know! I keep thinking it would be fun to save up for a night in the suite-but can never find anything out about the details on how to stay there. Now I know to enter more contests!!

It's such a lovely thing to see though. You're so lucky!

Yes, enter any contest for the DS. Or get to know one of the big Disney corporate sponsors really well! The other option is to sign a movie deal and add that into your contract!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #1523
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMagicMomma View Post
Oooooh, I am LOVING this report. And your previous reports! TRs keep me going until the next trip (Oct. '14. Yayy!)

Odd question, in the 2012 (If I remember right) TR, you are carrying a black and white purse with scrollwork Mickey heads. Where did you find it? I am DYING for one. Okay, perhaps its not THAT bad, but I do love it!
Hi Tiffany! Thank you for reading. At least you have a goal of 9 more months until your trip.

I believe you are referring to the bag pictured below?? I purchased that at Disneyland probably in 2012. You may be able to find it if you scour ebay or something. It's been a great bag for all of my Disney trips since I purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
Let me just say I am loving the Dream Suite! Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to win to stay there!

I got a little behind since my classes started back but yay for the dream suite pics!!!
Thank you Charlotte! Keep entering contests! As they say, if you don't enter, you can't win.

Good luck with your current semester/trimester or whatever schedule you are on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
It only took me 4 hours, but I'm finally caught up!
I can't wait to see the next installation of the DS! It LOOKS AMAZING! That's a few truck loads of pixie dust! SO jealous!
I know you've even got another trip from last month to work on... you're going to be a busy girl!
CAN WAIT to see the next chapter and LOTS more pictures from the DS!
I'm so glad to see you here Rebecca and caught up!

You are very observant! I have not started the December TR since it wouldn't get any attention from me right now. I'm still working on my DR from this trip in addition to this TR and I have the live dining report that I'm doing right now on the Dining Boards. So I do plan to do a TR but it may be more of a photo journal at this point... we shall see.

Thanks again for getting caught up. AND again, Congrats on baby moose/goose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Everything inside that Dream Suite is just so elegant! Can that be my bedroom please?
Isn't it Lauren! It's so spectacular.

You may find the DR short on closet space but if you can live with that what the heck, ask for a move-in date.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #1524
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

AMAZING. That is all I can say. The really would have to pry me off the bed to ever leave that suite.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 AM   #1525
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!! Just amazing!!!!
Thank you so much for posting pics! It is simply beautiful!!

Oh I wish they would do the Year of a Million Dreams again!! Maybe 2015???
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #1526
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Bahahahahahaha. I literally laughed out loud at your comment of Tom Cruise on the toilet! Still laughing.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #1527
amazingact21
Upendi

Wow....gorgeous! The room looks too elegant to be used! I would just want to stand there and admire all the details; I wouldn't want to disturb anything, because it's all just so beautiful.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #1528
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Aaah I caught your DS tour photos thus far. so gorgeous, and I love your detailed descriptions. YOu have an eye for color ..."buttery yellows" and "flecks of gold".....I feel like I have had a mini visit of my happy place for the day
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #1529
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am nearly speechless (and that doesn't happen very often!) - I mean it's just stunning in there isn't it?
I know I speak for everyone when I say that it's like having our own personal tour thanks to your photos and beautiful descriptions of everything
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #1530
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Ooooh! I love that sitting room ceiling!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: