Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #1486
littlenellbell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thanks for chiming in Kristy! What you shared is how it was explained by our guide as well.

One thing you may be able to answer for which I had conflicting information from CMs.... Is there a "door mat" that is set out when there is a guest in residence? I heard it is from one but that it was a rumor from another. Figured you'd know since you were a guest.

I'm not sure? They didn't mention anything about a door mat? That's interesting! Would it be outside the door in the castle breezeway or upstairs in front of the actual suite? I checked my pictures and there was no mat upstairs. I don't have a clear picture of the ground in front of the door in the breezeway, but I do have a dark video. I'm about 95% sure there was no mat in front of the door. Maybe this was something they did during the year of a million dreams and no longer do?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:18 AM   #1487
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Loving all the detail photos!! It's "almost" like we are there alongside you -- you certainly did your DIS duty on documenting the experience!

Now, give us more!!
Thanks! I certainly tried Julie! If words fail me I should have plenty of photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
When I start filming I will put that in the contract. LOL
The pics so far are nice of the suite.
Make sure you do that and throw in a request for lifetime APs as well. You may as well dream big!

Thanks Scott. I have a few more photos to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I am SO far behind! So, I'm starting another window so I can put all my answers on so I don't forget something! LOL

I'm sure that you looked JUST like Ella when they told you about touring the D! Amazing!!!! I would have done that as well! And how AMAZING That you had a photographer following you around!

I am SO glad that Em asked about Tom Cruise staying there! I need to be a movie star so I can get that in my contract!

It was only built in 2007??? I guess I thought it had been there longer?? I wonder what had been in that area before? ** Okay, so I read your post clarifying this! LOL

And congrats on the Thread of the Month!!! WOOHOO!!!! Of course EVERYONE is here reading about your tour!
Hi Christen! It was a pretty amazing surprise. I'm not sure if the photographer is there for all the tours or not. the photopass dude earlier at lunch was shadowing the Mayor and then we had one for Dean's book photoops. There were a lot of people with cameras for sure.

Definitely make sure that you add to your contract that you need ANNUAL visits to the DS.

Oh thanks. I need to get my butt in gear and get another update... It's been a busy weekend so far.

Thanks for reading and getting caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellbell View Post
I'm not sure? They didn't mention anything about a door mat? That's interesting! Would it be outside the door in the castle breezeway or upstairs in front of the actual suite? I checked my pictures and there was no mat upstairs. I don't have a clear picture of the ground in front of the door in the breezeway, but I do have a dark video. I'm about 95% sure there was no mat in front of the door. Maybe this was something they did during the year of a million dreams and no longer do?
Thanks for weighing in on that one. We'll just mark that one down as an unconfirmed rumor.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #1488
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 6 - Dream Suite Part 3

There are three rooms that comprise the actual suite; the main chamber which is the bedroom, the sitting room, and a bathroom. Before you enter the suite, after you emerge from the elevator, there is a small foyer.

Foyer:

The vestibule just outside the entry to the DS has a stunningly beautiful mosaic tile floor depicting Cinderella’s coach with 24 carat gold tiles scattered throughout the artwork. On one of the walls is a glass fronted display case with Cinderella themed objects de art; crystal tiara and scepter and of course the glass slipper. Framed prints on the walls contain scenes from the movie. Hanging from the tray ceiling is a beautifully crafted crystal chandelier. There were also painted panels inlaid in the border of the ceiling. The panels depicted scenes from the movie. Just incredible. (pictures of some of these items were in my last update.)

Once the door to the DS opened we stepped into the most magical place that exists in all of WDW! I’m telling you, I had chills creep up my spine the moment I laid eyes on the amazingly beautiful bed chamber. Pinch. Me. Now.

Bed Chamber:

The theming is reminiscent of a 17th century chateau with marble and tile details throughout. Truly there’s sufficient luxury to believe that Cinderella and her Prince reside here.

Furnishings:

There are two queen beds that have cornice box canopies embossed with the “C” monogram complete with rich blue and gold drapes. The deep blue and gold bedding is a beautiful jacquard damask. I imagine comfy feather pillows are on the beds but since I didn’t try them out for all I know they are Dacron. Carved wood chests stand at the foot of each bed.

Next to the bed closest to the entry is an antique secretary with glass doors displaying more artifacts of the Cinderella story. If you look close enough you will see glimpses of the 21st century with a port for HSIA – gotta have your internet even in the Dream Suite!!

Other furniture in the bedroom included a spindle leg antique looking tray table and 2 side chairs along the far wall and a marble topped inlaid wood with a floral motif chest of drawers next to the bathroom. Sitting atop the chest of drawers was a tray with a set of indigo blue goblets. If anyone has dined at CRT, those goblets look familiar.

Adjacent to the beds is a faux limestone carved fireplace with fiber optic details including a hidden Mickey that cycles through and appears every 40 seconds or so. Over the fireplace is a gilt framed portrait of Cinderella. It was odd at first to see that she was rather CGI in a Pixar style. I thought it would be more effective to have the classic 1950’s Cinderella image but who asked me? The cool thing about this detail is the picture converts to an HDTV. The sound track to Wishes can be played in the suite even if it doesn’t have a great view for the fireworks.

Edited to add my attempt at capturing the fiber optic hidden Mickey in this video clip.

Ceilings, floors, and other architectural details:

The coffered ceilings are framed in ornately carved dark wood. Decorative medallions are centered in each recess that is painted a soft buttery yellow.
The tile flooring was laid in soft tones of blue, yellow, pink, and green tile with flecks of gold. At that time in the afternoon, the sun was streaming through the west facing windows and bringing out the gold flecks of the tile floors. It sparkled and glowed and seriously looked like pixie dust was being scattered on the floor.

Sitting room ceiling

In a direct reference to the Cinderella story, there are two limestone pillars on either side of the beds that feature carved reliefs of the birds and mice friends. And finally, there is a set of two crown adorned windows facing to the north.

Dream Suite Tour continued next post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-23-2014 at 09:35 PM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #1489
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

OH boy. That suite is enough to make anybody cry. I just keep going back over each little detail. That mosaic on the floor is incredible, and the beds with those beautiful canopies... can you imagine staying there?? I would never sleep! I would just keep the lights on, wander all over, stare at every detail. Amazing.
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #1490
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

WOW how awesome!! My daughter would love this....she still believes Cinderella lives in that castle.
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #1491
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

The suite is gorgeous. I would have wanted to look in those big chests to see what is in there. And I was thinking that there wasn't very much room on the nightstand for "stuff". And where is the alarm clock? I know, I'm much too practical for this dream suite.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #1492
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Looks like just another Disney day at the office for you. So glad you got the opportunity to do this.

This is one time I would refuse to be pinched (I say that like I'd never refuse otherwise). OK, I'm gonna say it... "If this is dream I don't want to wake up!!!!" And to start with a Wishes graphic on the screen just cements that.

I'm so glad you're describing all this and not me as my description I'm sure would be something like "there were two beds...".

A hidden Mickey in the fireplace that cycles?? OMG that is so cool.

It's not often I go back over pictures of a post over and over, but I sure did here.

I was curious if you could be in the suite during Wishes, but I guess you can. Obviously no view, but it would still be pretty cool.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #1493
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Cinderella's Suite is absolutely gorgeous! Weird, but all I could think about, after you mentioned it, was that Tom Cruise stayed there.

It would definitely be cool to have the opportunity to stay there and feel like an actual princess for a night.

Thank you so much for sharing this magical experience you and Em shared!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #1494
klacey1
DIS Veteran

That tv is so cool! I love that mixed in with the gorgeous, ornate furniture is just a cool piece of tech. And awesome that it can play the Wishes soundtrack!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #1495
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

What extraordinary detail. Beautiful description. Thank you so much for sharing this bit of magic!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #1496
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

All I can say is WOW! Amazing! Gorgeous! Beautiful!

I'm still trying to decide if I should share these photos with DD6. I'm not sure she'd understand that it's really not an option for her to stay there .

That carriage mosaic is stunning, and I love the fiber-optic fireplace. How gorgeous is that place?

Thanks so much for sharing!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #1497
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there! And I'm very glad to have you reading along!! Thank you so much!

This day is probably a bad example of our normal park touring but yes, we do attractions.

And YES! I stand corrected! Dorethea Redmond did design the mosaic in that corridor! Mary Blair did the mosaic in the Contemporary Resort.

I believe Dorthea also did the artwork in the Parfumerie in New Orleans Square at DL. Please correct me if I'm wrong since I don't want to be a source of incorrect information, again!

Thanks again for joining!

!
Thank you for the lovely Parfumerie photos. I was in the shop this summer and it is truly lovely. Mrs. Redmond was quite a talent!

The suite is spectacular. What an opportunity! I am waiting for the rest with bated breath

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #1498
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Loving the Dream Suite updates so far! Wow, it's gorgeous. I love the detailing in the pillars and ceilings. I can't imagine being able to stay in there for a night! Can't wait to read/see more!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #1499
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Just gorgeous!

Jill in CO
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #1500
annie170
Mouseketeer

I have chills just looking at the photos! Gorgeous!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: