Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I got the trading pins I bought in the mail today. I'm pretty happy with the assortment -- not too many that I actually want to keep, so a good lot of traders.

I finished my Christmas shopping (I think!) this morning. Unless I figure out that Dale over-spent this year, while I tried to cut back. Several boxes have arrived with his name on them, with several of them alluding to having Disney origins (Disneystore.com). He's not usually the type to shop online and ahead of time, so I'm mystified.

I mailed boxes to Dale's two brothers and his parents today, also. Check one more thing off my list!

I can't believe that in 2 weeks I'll be packing the car and getting ready to hit the road. I also can't believe that in 3 weeks it'll all be over. This is the part of the anticipation that I both love and dread. I am getting so excited about the trip, but also dreading that let-down that comes when it's all over.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #47
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

One kid is home from school, and just about to go get the other one. Then it's officially Christmas break!

In 10 days we'll be packing up to leave and in 11 days we'll be at Disney World! Almost time for the single-digit dance!

From here through Christmas, I probably won't have much DIS time. My family is coming tonight, and from here through Christmas we'll be spending a lot of family time. My favorite thing about Christmas is being with my family.

Brad and Drew are SO EXCITED about Christmas -- Drew's been counting down the days and he can hardly wait.

Once Christmas is over, I have to start taking down Christmas decorations so they can be put away before we leave. That will kind of be a bummer. I love how the house looks at Christmas - the pretty trees, the lights outside. But I know that if I wait until we get home to take it down, it'll make me sadder, so I have to do it next week.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #48
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too! Now, we're on the full-court-press to our trip!

Drew wanted to know if we were leaving yesterday for Disney. This morning, he wanted to know if we are leaving today, or tomorrow. I've told him not till Monday, but you know how kids are with time .

I'm plowing through my To Do list. Yesterday I updated the checkbook from all the last-minute shopping and entered payments for the upcoming bills that will be due between the 30th and the 6th. I still have a couple to do today. I did manage to get to Target yesterday and get some of their super-cute Disney wrapping paper and bags half-price, plus a set of the Minnie Mouse ornaments for my Disney tree. Then yesterday afternoon I took down my Disney tree. Today I will take down all the ornaments off the big tree, take down my Nativity sets and undecorate the mantle.

I want to get a lot done today because HORROR! we still haven't seen Frozen yet and we talked about going to a matinee tomorrow. Seems like a good way to whet our Disney appetite!

I hope to check in again before we head out Monday afternoon!

Old 12-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #49
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

It's time to go! We're on our way!

Nothing else to say except TODAY'S the DAY!

Van is loaded, we're heading to Gainesville to see my niece and stay overnight, then tomorrow we check in to Old Key West!

Happy New Year!

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #50
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Claire, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year. I wish I had known you were doing this (you should have told me)! I hope you have a most magical trip.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #51
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Claire, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year. I wish I had known you were doing this (you should have told me)! I hope you have a most magical trip.
Thanks, Kathy. We had a terrific time! My hubby came down sick Friday night and didn't do much yesterday; came home and took him to the doctor to find out he has the flu. Since we were all cooped up in the car today on the way home, I'm fervently hoping and praying the boys and I stay well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: