Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

OK, I'm officially excited!!!!!!

Today is my 60 days out and I looked this morning and I can do online check-in now!

Also, the screen came up to personalize our Magic Bands, so I'm excited about that!

And, I just made my final payment on the DVC points rental!

So it's a good day all around. Now that November is upon us, things start to get REALLY crazy around here. After this weekend, there is something planned every weekend until Christmas, except for the weekend after Thanksgiving, which we always spend putting up our Christmas decorations. So that means I'll be running around like a crazy person trying to get it all done.

The time is going to FLY by!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #32
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

And looky there, my ticker has rolled over to 1 month and change. Woohoo!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

And my box from Amazon just arrived - got the newest Hidden Mickeys book to put in Dale's stocking, plus one for my stocking called "Lots To Do In Line at WDW." Plus, a Disney-quote decal I've been wanting for the wall of the dining area of my kitchen. I wonder if I have time to put that up before my kids are home from school?!?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #34
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I wanted to share the result of adding my decal to the dining area of my eat-in kitchen. The walls are white beadboard from the chair-rail down, and bright Mickey red above it. I love love love it. I have Disney sunset photos on either side of the French doors that lead out to the back porch, a white buffet/hutch with Disney kitchen items, and there's even a not-so-hidden-Mickey in the corner. This wall was pretty blank except for the clock (Mickey, of course), and I kept thinking it needed a little "something." Here is it. I love it!

Old 11-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #35
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

And, I had my guys choose their colors of Magic Bands yesterday so hopefully those will arrive soon! I picked pink (since I figured no one else in my family would), Dale picked green, Brad picked yellow and Drew picked blue.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I'm resisting looking at my countdown app on my phone -- I know Monday will be 50 days and I'm looking forward to seeing that number! That will make it feel oh-so-close. Just over 7 weeks!

Dale and I talked this week about timing for heading down to Orlando. I think I mentioned before that I was hoping to leave mid-day on the 30th and go as far as Gainesville to see my niece, then the rest of the way the next morning. Timing is still up in the air right now. He doesn't want to take off all 5 days that week. It's not that he doesn't have the vacation time -- he has something like 200 hours -- but he is always conscious of how much time he spends away from his M-F job because of the Army. He does not like to get behind - it stresses him out. He has a lot of time off planned in the next 7 weeks; he put in 5 leave requests yesterday. Some of it is Army duty (next week), one day is when we go for our alma mater's homecoming game, then Christmas, then our Disney trip. Anyway, he said we still can probably leave by late afternoon or maybe earlier if he's all caught up. I told him I'd have the van loaded and ready to go when he got home. To try to ease the burden, I told him we can push it and come home early from the trip to the football game so he doesn't have to miss that day of work, but we'll see.

In other good Disney news, my BFF and her husband have their plane tickets to go on their adults-only Disney trip that will overlap our trip by a couple of days. They'll arrive sometime Friday. I'm sure we'll figure out some time to meet up somewhere!

Dale's parents are coming tomorrow for a couple of days. I will probably retreat to the DIS periodically! I really need to get some Christmas shopping done, I feel like I'm falling behind.

Have a great weekend!

Old 11-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

50 DAYS!

We've been busy with company in town, so I haven't even had a chance to do anything Disney related.

Oh, except I did make a Disney Store order for the friends & family 25% off sale.

In 7 weeks I'll be packing up the van and getting ready to !

Old 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #38
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

The countdown is tick-tocking right along! I'm trying to get some Christmas presents bought and just have had no luck finding things I like. I spent all morning shopping today and bought 2 Christmas ornaments to give to the ladies who help me with kids' choir at church on Wednesday nights.

On the up side, I came home to find Mr. UPS had delivered my latest box from the Disney Store. I ordered a long-sleeve t-shirt for Drew, a Monsters U sweatshirt for Dale, a short-sleeved t-shirt for me and a Disney Vera Bradley money/id pouch for the trip.

Also, this week, I got the Zazzle shirt I'd ordered a week or two ago. I wanted it to wear on my birthday - it's Mickey and Minnie with balloons and party hats. So cute! Unfortunately, I had ordered an XL because it's a ladies' cut shirt and those are so often cut small, but it's HUGE. I was so disappointed when I pulled it out of the package. I looked at the shipping invoice, though, and it said "satisfaction guaranteed" and gave the CS link. I checked it out and it said I could return it at my expense (which I was fine with) and they'd send me a new one. I sent in the request for the return authorization and this morning I had an email asking for more information on how I wanted to resolve the issue. I said that I wanted to re-order in a size large, same graphic, same shirt. I just got home and checked my email and had a message saying that they do normally ask for the item to be returned, but they're making an exception and are just going to send me a new one. I'm free to donate or discard the first one. Nice customer service from Zazzle!

Another happy thing - I happened to see a longtime friend and fellow Disney freak yesterday when I was picking up Drew at school. She asked me if we were planning a Disney trip anytime soon and I said yes, we were going for my birthday. Turns out they're going to be there too! And it was very nice of her to tell me that I don't look like I'm about to turn 40!

Not that I'm trying to hurry along the holiday season, but I think I might ask Brad for his help when he gets home from school soon, and get some of the Christmas decorations out of the attic. We're stuck at home all weekend while he finishes his science project, so I might as well be productive!

Have a great weekend!

Old 11-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #39
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Is it time to go yet???

I try to tell myself not to "wish my life away" by always looking forward to the next event, the next thing coming along, but I'm sure having a hard time this week! I don't know if it's because it's such a busy time of year and I feel like I have to get it all done NOW, or what.

I got a few boxes of Christmas decorations out of the attic yesterday, despite 78-degree temps, and put up my Nativity sets and decorated the mantle last night while watching football.

I started my packing list for Disney last night, too. Maybe I should have done one for the trip coming up this Friday, instead!

44 days!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #40
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Here we are, on the cusp of December! One month from today I will be packing!

And as I thought, days are slipping away like logs over the Slippin' Falls. I started decorating a week or so ago, and we'll put up our Christmas tree tomorrow. I'm a little sad that I can't put up my "Mickey tree" yet. I have a small 4.5' tree that just has my Disney ornaments on it, but it is going to be a stage decoration for our church's children's musical next Sunday, so I won't get it up for another 10 days. But it's OK. I'll live.

I'm starting to get all my ducks in a row. I did online check-in tonight for our OKW reservation. I requested Old Turtle Pond area, and ground floor. I don't really mind climbing the stairs, but it *is* easier to transport luggage when you're on the first floor. I've double- and triple-checked my ADRs. The only thing I haven't done is buy tickets. I'm still debating which ones to buy and from where. I'm waiting for a kind DIS-er to email me the latest Mousesavers newsletter so I can see what the best price at Undercover Tourist is. I've been thinking all along that I would get the buy-3-days-get-5-days ticket from Orbitz through Ebates and get the 10% back, then upgrade that ticket to a Seasonal Annual Pass on our last day. Turns out that now only the park-hopper has the 2 "free" days attached to it and I don't want that ticket. It costs more than the SAP and their price on the 5-day base ticket is the same as Disney's. Yeah, I'd get back the 10%, but the caveat is that I can't redeem that voucher for a live ticket till we get there, so I can't use FP+. At that time of year, I'm thinking FP+ will be very important.

So, now I'm trying to find the next best price. UCT has a better price than Orbitz and saves me like $60 off Disney's price. If the Mousesavers deal gives me another few bucks, I'll likely go ahead and order them that way so I can get the actual tickets in my hot little hands ASAP.

However, I'm still debating just getting the 4-day Military Salute tickets. It's the cheapest option by far but then I will either miss the Osborne Lights or I'll have to park-hop when I hadn't planned to (not a big deal since the Military Salute tickets are PH). And I won't get to see the NYE fireworks. But I just have to decide exactly how much that is worth to me.

I hope everyone had a great day with family and friends yesterday, enjoyed a lot of turkey and if your football team is playing tomorrow, cheer heartily. In our house we have a big Auburn fan (Dale), a sentimental Alabama fan (me, because my brother went there), and we usually root for the Florida State Seminoles as our "local" team --- we're not far from Tallahassee. It'll be a loud day around here!

And don't look now, but it's only 25 shopping days till Christmas!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I have to admit, it's pretty exciting to see my countdown down to just a few weeks and days! On the other hand, I'm almost at the point where I think, "wait! slow down! I'm not ready yet!"

I'm in the middle of a crazy-busy week and still have a couple more events to go. I haven't made everything I planned to, or wanted to, but telling myself that's just the way it goes sometimes. This morning, I'm sitting here on the DIS when I should be getting ready to go somewhere in an hour.

I've started my packing lists and starting to set things aside to go. I talked to Dale last night and think I'm going to go ahead and get the 5-day tickets from UCT. I PM-ed Cheshire Figment to make sure that it's still possible to upgrade to the SAP once the black-out period ends, but once I know for sure I will order, hopefully today. I want to get them in my hand ASAP so I can link them to MDE and get FP+ times.

Only 20 days till Christmas, only 25 days till we leave!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #42
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I ordered our tickets today!

We all tried on our MB last night and even Dale's fit, which I was a little worried about - he has big hands and wrists and I was afraid it would be too small, but he even had a couple of notches to spare.

I'd love to finish up my Christmas shopping this weekend, but not sure that will happen.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #43
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

OH MY GOSH! IN THREE WEEKS I'LL BE AT

DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe how fast the trip is getting here now! I knew the last month was going to fly by, but I had no idea just how fast!

We made it through another busy weekend. Dale and I went to a Christmas party Friday night (with our Sunday School class), Saturday we went to the mall where my church choir was doing a "flash mob" (super fun!), Sunday night our 1st-6th grade kids' choirs presented a Christmas musical. Besides both the kids being in it, I was the only adult character, so I was involved in it too.

I've managed to do a little more Christmas shopping and I only have a few more items left to get. I'm waiting on a couple of orders to arrive and then I have packages to mail to Dale's family out of town.

In Disney news, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of our tickets from Undercover Tourist. After reading some on the Theme Parks board, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to link them through MDE and get our FP+ times set. Crossing fingers!

I need to order some trading pins, like NOW. I keep forgetting!

It's getting so close I just can't wait!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #44
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

So my post yesterday shocked me into action!

I went on eBay yesterday and checked a couple of auctions that I'd been watching with sellers that were on the DIS-boards "approved" list. I bought a lot of 50 pins as buy-it-now and just got the confirmation they've been shipped already.

This morning, I reserved a hotel room in Gainesville for the night of the 30th. I wavered between booking the military rate or the pay-in-advance rate, which was $4 less. I decided to book the military rate so that just in case it doesn't work out for us to leave that day, I can cancel with no penalty. I booked the Sleep Inn & Suites, which got good ratings on TripAdvisor. I don't normally check it, but I had considered booking a La Quinta for like $53 and thought I'd better check it out first. Glad I did - it has exterior corridors and I know Dale prefers interior (Disney being the exception).

This morning I also added some funds to my SunPass. We don't have any toll roads around here, so I only have it for when we go to Disney, but it's worth having just for that trip. I have the one that sticks to the windshield; it was only $4.99 and when I activated it and loaded it the first time, I got a $4.99 credit. When you have a SunPass, you get a small discount on some of the tolls (maybe a quarter?) but the best part is not having to wait in line at the tolls booths. On the connector road from the Turnpike down to Disney (FL 429), you don't even have to slow down, you just keep going normal speed and it registers.

I've started my stockpile of items to take along. We picked up a case of juice bottles at Sam's Club over the weekend and last week the cereal and granola bars I like were BOGO at Publix, so I set aside one of each to go along.

Hope all of you that are going to be there at the same time are getting as excited as I am!

Old 12-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Just got my Undercover Tourist tickets in the mail today! Ripped the package open and thanks to a tip from the Theme Parks board, I knew to scan the back of the tickets with my iPhone MDE app to link them to my family members. It was SO EASY and quick! Then I was able to set up my FP+ for every day of the trip, including New Year's Eve.

For NYE at Studios I got: Toy Story Mania , Tower of Terror and Star Tours. I was thrilled to get TSM!

For New Year's Day at MK: Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn.

For my birthday at Epcot: Soarin', Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. They've started the "tiering" of the attractions so I couldn't get both Soarin' and Test Track. I read here on the DIS that you don't get to customize your car on TT if you are using a FP, so we'll wait standby for that; the kids are really looking forward to doing that. We'll just have to make it our first stop.

For 1/3 at Studios: TSM again, Muppet 3D and Star Tours again. Would like to do RNRC but had to choose between that and TSM and I figure RNRC doesn't usually get quite as busy as TSM.

For 1/4 at AK: Everest, Safari and Festival of the Lion King. I haven't seen FotLK in forever and it's shutting down for awhile before moving to make room for the new Avatarland. I think 1/5 is the last day of the show in the present location and I wanted to be sure we saw it again.

All in all, I was pretty happy with our selections for FP+. I do wish we could get more than 3 per day. But on the other hand, I'm pretty stoked that I have a FP for TSM on NYE, and another one on our other Studios day for mid-morning and we don't have to do the rope-drop craziness either day.

Happy Saturday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: