Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
mrsbert
DIS Veteran

Hypothetically

-You have a package booked at a moderate (think queen size beds) at WDW for next March and waiting/hoping for some sort of discount.

-You are considering switching package to two rooms at Pop for more space and b/c it's your favorite resort.

-You now have a CM friend that has offered to book you a discount room.

-You have no idea of how magic bands and fastpass+ can/could be utilized with the discounted room and IF you were to book two rooms at Pop, that would use up some of the allotted discounted rooms that the CM receives.

What would you do?

Just choosing a resort this time around has driven me insane!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Is the CM friend ok with booking two rooms for you? That's really what you need to know.

Nobody knows anything about how the magic bands/fastpass plus will be used in March. Could be a full rollout by then.
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

If POP is really your favorite resort and the CM is okay with booking two rooms for you (and you don't mind juggling two rooms), I would stay at POP.

Queen beds are nice, but if you'll be cramped for space and missing POP, a moderate wouldn't be worth it. I would like to have my family all together (if we had kids) but it could also be chaotic in one room if you spend time in your room relaxing. Lol
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbert View Post
-You have a package booked at a moderate (think queen size beds) at WDW for next March and waiting/hoping for some sort of discount.

-You are considering switching package to two rooms at Pop for more space and b/c it's your favorite resort.

-You now have a CM friend that has offered to book you a discount room.

-You have no idea of how magic bands and fastpass+ can/could be utilized with the discounted room and IF you were to book two rooms at Pop, that would use up some of the allotted discounted rooms that the CM receives.

What would you do?

Just choosing a resort this time around has driven me insane!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Is the CM friend ok with booking two rooms for you? That's really what you need to know.

Nobody knows anything about how the magic bands/fastpass plus will be used in March. Could be a full rollout by then.
I would expect it to be a full rollout by then.

This is one of the most infuriating things to me about FP+. We are expected to, even need to in some cases (if you want the resort and rooms you prefer) to book pretty far out for our vacations, and yet, we are not being given any straight answers about how FP+ is going to work when fully operational.

Will there be a tiered system of FP+s ??? We don't know.

If this is your main concern, it would probably be mine comparing mod to value, I imagine (a complete guess not based on anything) that the difference would only be 1FP per person between a value and mod. I would think values would still get 3, mods 4, dlx 5.

That being said, I don't think it will be tiered, and I HOPE it wont be.

So I can't really see there being a huge disincentive to you booking your two rooms, if that's what you really want anyway.

So long as your friend is fully ok with it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: