Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #121
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You really need to slow down with your updates.

I was never a fan of those drinks--any kind of them: Gatorade, Monster, Vitamin Water, etc. But kids are kids.

I was very unimpressed with the new Boardwalk Bakery...I thought the selection was lacking in food and desserts; we actually enjoyed our meal better on the Boardwalk from the little stand.

Love what your son did with the bucket...very clever.

The parks do look empty (I missed that this trip by going in August).
Old 09-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #122
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
SAB looks so much fun. I was there once, but somehow I only ended up visiting SAB for a brief time. I'd like to try it again. It must be perfect for your kid's ages.

It was an amazing pool !! I can't wait to go back and

That fiasco at the BW bakery does not sound fun. Yikes! I agree with you - keep the cranky kids outside while the adults order. That's what I always did when I traveled with my nephews. It's just too much sometimes.

It was soooo chaotic, I just don't understand why EVERYONE has to come in. And the little ones can't even order for themselves.

Yay for MK. You got some beautiful shots.
Thanks !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #123
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You really need to slow down with your updates.

LOL. I try to update every day. Just a little Disney in my day makes it better.

I was never a fan of those drinks--any kind of them: Gatorade, Monster, Vitamin Water, etc. But kids are kids.

They are just nasty some of them. Gatorade I can abide if it isn't too sweet. When you play tennis in the super hot southern sun, it can really help you. But the others just don't taste good to me at all.

I was very unimpressed with the new Boardwalk Bakery...I thought the selection was lacking in food and desserts; we actually enjoyed our meal better on the Boardwalk from the little stand.

Yeah, we just thought that

Love what your son did with the bucket...very clever.

It was pretty funny.

The parks do look empty (I missed that this trip by going in August).
We ran into a couple of crowded days, but for the most part, it was low crowds and wonderful !!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #124
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3  Part 2

Hey, I just want to say - head on over and check out my bestie  Pixie Princess  and her TR. Here is the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170468.

There are several crossover days that we have together and she tells it from a different point of view which is fun to read.

Anyway, when I last left off, we were headed to Columbia Harbor House for lunch.

The kids got chicken nuggets

And DH and I each got the Fried Shrimp

Instead of the apple cobbler we love so much, they had peach cobbler instead.

I liked it OK, but I was sad to see the apple gone from the menu. It is definitely better than the peach.

DD got chocolate cake

And DS got a lemon slushie for dessert

He ended up not wanting it, so DH and I shared it. Clearly, it needed some vodka to make it perfect !!

This is always a great place for us to eat. Never a disappointing meal.
While we were eating, my bestie and her daughter met up with us. They had FPs for BTMRR and Peter Pan the same time we did, so we decided to ride those together !! YAY !!

DS fell in love with a balloon.

But we wouldnt let him have it.

So we all headed over to BTMRR together. DH took photos.

I thought my bestie would turn around and get a photo with me, but alas, she did not !! But her DD in the background makes me laugh. Thanks for taking a photo with me !!

Me and my bestie on the ride !!

More ride photos

Climbing the second hill

Our DDs riding together !!

After that, we had some time before our FPs for Peter Pan were ready, so we headed over to what we call The Blue Train. Which is clearly the

There was a super long line. Obviously due to some kind of shut down. But it moved quickly. We had two ladies climb over the rope and cut RIGHT in between us. I let them get in front of us, because clearly that was important to them. Seriously, they were old enough to know better.

Anyway, we all got on and rode.

My besties DD.

Me and bestie just a chatting away.

After that, we all rode Peter Pan together.

After that, DH and DS decided to go back to the resort while me, DD and my bestie and her DD decided to do a few more things at MK before our ADR for the Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian !!

Last edited by jecskc; 09-15-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #125
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love Columbia Harbor House...have never had a bad meal there. Question for you...do you use the dining plan?

Fun that you got to spend time with your bestie and her daughter and do some rides together. It's always fun sharing Disney with friends.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #126
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love Columbia Harbor House...have never had a bad meal there. Question for you...do you use the dining plan?

We do. I just like having the convenience of the credits and having it all paid for in advance. DH tends to be a really bad bean counter and it can cause arguments between us. So having the dining plan really helps us enjoy our vacation better. I did compromise and downgrade to the QSDP for this trip. But I really missed the table service meals.

Fun that you got to spend time with your bestie and her daughter and do some rides together. It's always fun sharing Disney with friends.
It really is. We had a special day that day.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #127
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Stormalong Bay looks so awesome! That castle 'ice sculpture' is too funny!

Looks like a beautiful day at MK and a fun time with friends!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #128
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Stormalong Bay looks so awesome! That castle 'ice sculpture' is too funny!

Looks like a beautiful day at MK and a fun time with friends!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That pool is awesomesauce !! Can't wait to stay there again !!

We had the best day !! The best part is yet to come !! Stay tuned !!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #129
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I think the pictures I'm in are evidence enough as to why I don't like being photographed. But I'm working on it.

Sooo disappointing they got had the peach cobbler instead of that yummy apple dessert. I like CHH okay, it isn't my first choice in MK, but that apple dessert made it worth going for me. I know, I'm a weirdo.

That was pretty cool how it worked out that our FPs for BTMRR and PP were at the same time! Yay.

Those line jumpers were hilarious. It was almost as if they had no awareness that they were squeezing into an already formed line until they were in they were in it and then had to save face. Hellooo... the save face move would have been to apologize for your mistake and ask where the end of the line is. We've all misjudged a long line at Disney (or elsewhere) a time or two. I have found if you are sincere people will usually pardon the mistake and invite you to just stay where you are.

Thanks for the advertising of my TR!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #130
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I think the pictures I'm in are evidence enough as to why I don't like being photographed. But I'm working on it.

Whatever !! Photos are precious memories.

Sooo disappointing they got had the peach cobbler instead of that yummy apple dessert. I like CHH okay, it isn't my first choice in MK, but that apple dessert made it worth going for me. I know, I'm a weirdo.

That isn't weird. I love it, too !! You can get fried stuff anywhere, but not that apple cobbler thingy. I loved it !!

That was pretty cool how it worked out that our FPs for BTMRR and PP were at the same time! Yay.

It was the perfect day. Everything happened with perfect timing. We even made it to our ADR on time.

Those line jumpers were hilarious. It was almost as if they had no awareness that they were squeezing into an already formed line until they were in they were in it and then had to save face. Hellooo... the save face move would have been to apologize for your mistake and ask where the end of the line is. We've all misjudged a long line at Disney (or elsewhere) a time or two. I have found if you are sincere people will usually pardon the mistake and invite you to just stay where you are.

They KNEW they were cutting in line. They walked OVER the rope and cut in front of like 50 people!! One of the ladies said the the other, "we all get on at the same time anyway." Not true of the ride !! I couldn't believe.

Thanks for the advertising of my TR!
No problem !!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #131
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Wouldn't that be awesome?? I would sooo love to join you !!!
Well come on girl! Let's do it!! I'm going 9/28 - 10/2. Our passes expire 10/1. Of course, I need to find a cheap way down there. To fly it is over $300! That is crazy. DD and I could have flown for almost $100 less on this last trip.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #132
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Well come on girl! Let's do it!! I'm going 9/28 - 10/2. Our passes expire 10/1. Of course, I need to find a cheap way down there. To fly it is over $300! That is crazy. DD and I could have flown for almost $100 less on this last trip.
I would have trouble getting off of work. Plus, we have that cruise coming up and we need to save our money for that. Some day we will do it though !! I will come pick you up and we will stay DVC deluxe !!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #133
DSRMary
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR! Can't wait to stay at BCV after seeing your pics! And visiting the pool there is a must now! The slushee looked good, but I'm with you - I like mine with Grey Goose... Can't wait to read more!

If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Walt Disney
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #134
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #135
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Well, it turns out, he filled it up with water and put it in the freezer. And this is the result.
Ok, that's pretty cool.

Quote:
We put it in the sink
Probably a good idea. I don't think mousekeeping would appreciate it sitting on the counter.

Quote:
After that, DD needed some ice cream.
I don't understand why your kids are so anti-breakfast, but I guess I'd be willing to trade a good breakfast for mickey ice cream mid morning.

Quote:
Gatorade is a completely different topic. Gatorade is good

And if I need caffeine, I'd rather have an energy drink than go to Starbucks.

Quote:
He ended up not wanting it, so DH and I shared it. Clearly, it needed some vodka to make it perfect !!
Mental note made for future reference.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: