Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #76
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love all of the stuff you made for your friends, so creative!

Fort Wilderness is fun, I've been there a few times for the carriage rides, but never just to hang out, it's such a nice place! Glad you had a good time meeting up with everyone!

Ahhh the Beach Club, I LOVE that place so much!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #77
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome update!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #78
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like a good time at Fort Wilderness. I need to get over there to check out the activities they offer one of these days.
If you can, find the time to go over for the campfire. It is a super cool place and a whole lot bigger than I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love all of the stuff you made for your friends, so creative!

Thanks !! I hope they liked it, too.

Fort Wilderness is fun, I've been there a few times for the carriage rides, but never just to hang out, it's such a nice place! Glad you had a good time meeting up with everyone!

It really is a cool place. It is a lot bigger than I thought it ws.

Ahhh the Beach Club, I LOVE that place so much!!
Yes, we loved it !! Can't wait to stay there again !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome update!
Thanks !!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #79
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 1

We got up about 7:30 AM well I did. I went down to get breakfast while everyone else had a few more minutes of sleep.

Of course I took some more resort photos while I was out and about. I love all of the beachy touches to this place.

These were made out of layers of paper and they were really cool.

I got breakfast from the Marketplace

Options were limited. It really would have been nice to have some Mickey Waffles as an option.

I got DD a cinnamon roll

Which she didnt eat and DH and I ended up sharing the next morning.

I also got a chocolate croissant that I thought one of the kids would like.

Nope. DH and I split that as well. My kids are just not breakfast people, really. I totally dont get this, because I just cant have a good day without some sort of breakfast.

DH and I shared the Breakfast platter. It had eggs, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit.

Here is a photo that shows you how huge the cinnamon roll is.

Everything tasted good. The eggs were cold, but were OK. The potatoes were the best part. Very yummy casserole !!

Our park on this day was Animal Kingdom, so after breakfast we headed out.

Once we got in the park, we snagged some fastpasses for Expedition Everest and headed towards the safari.

We saw Devine along the way.

She was so cool.

We got in line for the safari which said 10 minutes, but it was a walk on.

Animal photos coming up !!!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #80
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

The meet was so much fun. I wish I wasn't so shy, but I really enjoyed meeting everyone! So happy you and Tammy organized it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Day 2 Part 1

Mickey Table!!!!

LOVE This!!!

I love your AK photos! You always catch the best details. Yay for animal photos!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #81
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
The meet was so much fun. I wish I wasn't so shy, but I really enjoyed meeting everyone! So happy you and Tammy organized it!

It really was fun. I am so glad that you came. Too bad that it rained, the campfire was looking like it was going to be really fun. And we were killing that trivia contest they were having.

I love your AK photos! You always catch the best details. Yay for animal photos!
Well, it was like you said in your TR, that park is themed to the max. Lots of great details for photo ops.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #82
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

sounds like a great time at the Dismeet ... glad to see it looked like the kids were getting along as well

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 09-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #83
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #84
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have to agree with you that the food options are very limited at the Marketplace.

We saw a "Mr. Devine" this trip (I'm not at that point in my TR yet) which was really cool.

Yay for a walk-on for the Safari; can't wait for the pictures.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Susan! Your family sounds like mine with breakfast. I'll fetch an assortment of breakfast items and they are all rejected. At least we try! BTW, how were those breakfast potatoes. They look so good but I've heard they are just meh. I love potato casseroles so would lie to keep this on the radar.

Your Dismeet gifts were so perfect - how thoughtful of you! I recognized Meg, she's adorable. I peeked at the link and saw the Mickey themed trailer and it almost makes me want to camp if it was that much fun!)

Lovely BC photos!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #86
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
sounds like a great time at the Dismeet ... glad to see it looked like the kids were getting along as well
Yes the kids had a blast! They were all pretty much the same age, so that was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to agree with you that the food options are very limited at the Marketplace.

Yes, just by adding a few items, it could be so much better. They certainly not kid friendly.

We saw a "Mr. Devine" this trip (I'm not at that point in my TR yet) which was really cool.

I can't wait to see that photo !!

Yay for a walk-on for the Safari; can't wait for the pictures.
We have a bunch - and there is baby giraffes !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Susan! Your family sounds like mine with breakfast. I'll fetch an assortment of breakfast items and they are all rejected. At least we try! BTW, how were those breakfast potatoes. They look so good but I've heard they are just meh. I love potato casseroles so would lie to keep this on the radar.

I just don't get it. I can't freaking wait to eat when I get up ... LOL. The breakfast potatoes were good!! I really liked them !!

Your Dismeet gifts were so perfect - how thoughtful of you! I recognized Meg, she's adorable. I peeked at the link and saw the Mickey themed trailer and it almost makes me want to camp if it was that much fun!)

Thanks !! I really enjoyed making them. She is adorable !! The Mickey Camper is sooo cool. I would love to have one !!

Lovely BC photos!
Thanks !!

Last edited by jecskc; 09-11-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #87
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 2

When I last left off, we were about to board the safari. DD was especially excited to see the baby giraffe. Last April when we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, DD noticed a pregnant giraffe and asked one of the CMs about it. She was told that indeed that momma giraffe was going to have a baby.

I saw the story a few months later that a new calf had been born. He was a Masai giraffe and they named him Mosi. Mosi means first born in Swahili. As we were about to board our vehicle, DD got chatty with the CM and asked if we would see him on our safari that day. The CM was very happy to talk about this and let us know that there was not only one baby giraffe but TWO. There was another calf out and he was a reticulated giraffe and his name was Gordon. So we were pumped to see some baby giraffes.

This CM was awesome, he told us we would get the best seats for this safari and those, he said, were at the back of the vehicle. I never really thought about this, but he was right !! Having the very back seat afforded us with an unrestricted view behind us.

We set off on our safari and DH took photos.

I forget what these are called, but there was a whole herd of them crossing the road and disappearing into the underbrush on the other side.

Rhino

Hippos

Crocs

And at long last && GIRAFFES !!!

These are the babies !!

Elephants

Baby Elephants !!

Cheetah

White Rhino

Warthogs

And this Ostrich was just sitting by the side of the road. Just chillin.

Addax

After the safari, DS and I headed over to Expedition Everest with our fast passes.

This is my favorite coaster at Disney. I love how smooth it is. DH took DD to get some ice cream so DS and I rode two times in a row. I love the queue on this ride. So many interesting things to see.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #88
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Baby giraffes yay!! So adorable. I only remember seeing one so I was gyped!! That or I didn't pay attention.

I gotta say the crocs are my favorite. Throw them a chicken and watch the fun begin.

EE the BEST ride at AK!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #89
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Baby giraffes yay!! So adorable. I only remember seeing one so I was gyped!! That or I didn't pay attention.

I was so excited when you posted on FB about yours. DD REALLY wanted to see the baby.

I gotta say the crocs are my favorite. Throw them a chicken and watch the fun begin.

I have always secretly wondered if those crocs were fake. I have never seen one move. I bet the chicken would help !! LOL

EE the BEST ride at AK!
My favorite !! I can't wait for the Mine Coaster at MK to open though !!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #90
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

nice Safari pics, and great tip to sit in the back

and I definitely think Gordon sounds like a good name for a giraffe

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: