Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Thanks for the heads up! I'm here!

I'm all for you visiting the Dark Side for more rides...makes my employee stock purchase plan aka vacation fund look better!

Jill in CO
Old 09-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Darn you are quick!!! Seems like I was just reading your live dining updates! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'm here!

I'm all for you visiting the Dark Side for more rides...makes my employee stock purchase plan aka vacation fund look better!

Jill in CO
Hey Jill !! We definitely need to get over to the dark side, but we had to pay property taxes on our vehicles before we left so we just couldn't swing it this trip. We will try to go next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Darn you are quick!!! Seems like I was just reading your live dining updates! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
Hey Brenda !! Yep, just got back last night. I just love writing a trip report so I wanted to get started and talk about my trip. Plus, it helps the Disney Depression when you get back. How's the ankle ??
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hi Susan! Thanks for the heads-up on your new TR...I will try to keep up. I've been so busy the last couple weeks getting ready for school that I haven't had much DIS time. But I'm here!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hi Susan! Thanks for the heads-up on your new TR...I will try to keep up. I've been so busy the last couple weeks getting ready for school that I haven't had much DIS time. But I'm here!
Hey Sarah !! I'm glad you stopped by !! I understand you are busy. Good luck this year !!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm here!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along....
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #25
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

joining - can't wait to hear about your trip

The end of August is when we used to go when I was a kid - as NY schools started later the crowds weren't as bad as the middle of the summer, so my parents like that idea

and I hear you about having to "pick you battles" - we have to do that with my daughter ... and she's only a 4-year old drama princess

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
joining - can't wait to hear about your trip

The end of August is when we used to go when I was a kid - as NY schools started later the crowds weren't as bad as the middle of the summer, so my parents like that idea

and I hear you about having to "pick you battles" - we have to do that with my daughter ... and she's only a 4-year old drama princess
Welcome !! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

We met a lot of New York and Jersey people this week. They don't go back to school until the 9th !! Mine started August 19th. I would say that because we were there over Labor Day that crowds were moderate. The last two days of our trip though - very low crowds. I love September !!

Susan
Old 09-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #27
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Hi Susan! Don't get on much anymore, but I will be following along!!!
Love the picture of your daughter! I see she got the pink beret she was talking about!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Hi Susan! Don't get on much anymore, but I will be following along!!!
Love the picture of your daughter! I see she got the pink beret she was talking about!
Hey Melissa !! Thanks for taking the time to follow.

Yes, she talked about that thing for DAYS!! It was high on her list of things to get. And then there was the Pirate's League. She loved that, too.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #29
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Thanks for the heads up. I forget to check on TR's. I start reading them and then my head goes to an alternate universe. I am going to the dark side on my trip this year, more for Harry Potter than anything else.

The fun of a 14 year old, I remember it well. Thankfully my DGS hasn't tired of Disney yet. He's always complaining I don't take him with me.

What is a property tax on a vehicle? We don't have them up my way.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #30
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I forget to check on TR's. I start reading them and then my head goes to an alternate universe. I am going to the dark side on my trip this year, more for Harry Potter than anything else.

The fun of a 14 year old, I remember it well. Thankfully my DGS hasn't tired of Disney yet. He's always complaining I don't take him with me.

What is a property tax on a vehicle? We don't have them up my way.
Hey Lorrie !! I am so happy you are here !!

We pay property taxes on vehicles here. Our vehicles are fairly comparable so yearly property tax on each vehicle is about $450 each. So ... that put a damper on my spending for sure. But we still got to go, so that was good. I was still bummed we have to downgrade to QSDP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: