Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #151
KatMark
DIS Veteran

It looks like a lovely afternoon for you four girls. So pretty and delicate. I don't think this is for Mary, the girls and I (I know I wouldn't eat any of those sandwiches). I love that marble floor at the GF too.

RIP Genie
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #152
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have been wanting to try tea at the GF for awhile. It's on my bucket list. It definitely looks like an enjoyable and yummy way to spend the afternoon.

It was really wonderful !! I highly recommend it !!

I remember being there in the summer of 2009 and it was SO hot. Sure enough, in came the stretcher to take someone away from the Speedway. Darn summer heat.
We were there that summer as well and that was the hottest it has ever been for us. It wasn't as hot this time, but still pretty hot !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #153
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I don't get the whole energy drink thing. Jason loves them. I'm like meh. Just don't see the pleasure. Plus, I'm not wasting calories on a beverage that is not alcoholic.

They are just icky. Haha. Come to think of it, everything I drink is calorie free - except alcohol.

The main reason that I'm staying at the Beach Club in May is just for the pool. I'm so excited!

That pool ..... is AMAZING !!!

Haha! Putting it in the freezer and making an ice castle. That's pretty cool.

He does some really funny stuff. He thought I would be mad, but it just turned out to be funny.

Nice timing with the fastpasses. Cool that you were able to all go on together.

It really did work out well !!

We liked Enchanted Tales with Belle very much. I like the addition.

Yes, it was very enjoyable. DD was happy with her part in the play. We were lucky to catch it when the wait wasn't so bad.

I am loving the Afternoon Tea! I want to do it. In all my years, still haven't done it.
We very much enjoyed it !! Would definitely do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It looks like a lovely afternoon for you four girls. So pretty and delicate. I don't think this is for Mary, the girls and I (I know I wouldn't eat any of those sandwiches). I love that marble floor at the GF too.
I would check out the menu at allears.net. They had different options that you might enjoy better. But, you know, it might not be your thing. We really enjoyed it though. I love the GF. Can't wait to stay there someday !!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #154
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think tea sounds so fun....but I don't drink tea...don't like scones and I am not too sure about those sandwiches. Can you just ask for certain ones?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #155
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think tea sounds so fun....but I don't drink tea...don't like scones and I am not too sure about those sandwiches. Can you just ask for certain ones?
Like I told Kathy, take a look at the menu on Allears.net and see if there is something that you might like. But hey, it might not be your thing. We really enjoyed it though.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #156
rodeo65
That dog is a true crate potato.....He's kind of a Kong hoarder too.
An iron - huh?

Subbing in!! My kids are close in age and stage to yours so looking forward to how your trip played out.

1974, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1985 LBV Villas; 1994 PO RS (first trip with future DH); 2009 CBR (first time seeing it through our kids' eyes); 2011 OKW (all together now...grandparents too!) ; 2014 CBR
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #158
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'll check the menu out. Unfortunately I've always been a picky eater.

RIP Genie
Old 09-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #160
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'd almost be tempted to go for Mrs. Pott's tea too. Hard to beat some chocolate milk and PB&J.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #161
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'd almost be tempted to go for Mrs. Pott's tea too. Hard to beat some chocolate milk and PB&J.
They seemed perfectly willing to accommodate us. They gave my DD apple juice in her tea pot and since she is allergic to nuts, they gave her just ham and cheese for her sandwiches.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #162
DSRMary
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
The heat never really bothers me much, but we are from the South and we are used to it. We also had Frogg Toggs and lots of water with us. I hope she was OK, too. I think you are right when you say that some people are not prepared for how hot it really is. I think most people look at the temps and see low 90's and think "I can handle low 90's". But low 90's with 100% humidity and a heat index of 105 is a completely different animal. It can really get brutal and you need to be prepared.

This was our first time doing the Tea as well and I was so glad we did it. It was amazing !! I highly recommend !!
Okay, what are Frogg Toggs??

I would love to do afternoon tea, but with an 11 year old boy, the odds are against me...

If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Walt Disney

Last edited by DSRMary; 09-18-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #163
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSRMary View Post
Okay, what are Frogg Toggs??

Frogg Toggs are those chamois cloths that are always cool when they are wet. You wear them around your neck to help keep you cool. Google it.

I would love to do afternoon tea, but with an 11 year old boy, the odds are against me...
Yeah. Our boys were not too into it either. We really enjoyed it though.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #164
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 5

After our wonderful tea party at the Grand Floridian, DH drove over and picked us up and we headed back to the Beach Club.

We rested a while and I did some laundry. It started to get super dark outside like it was going to storm any minute. DD wanted to go down to the pool, but it was thundering so we stayed put. After a couple of hours, we went down to the Beach Club Marketplace to get dinner.

DD got the cheese flatbread

She really liked it.

DS got the ham and cheese sandwich – without mustard this time.

He said it was OK. He loved the chips though.

DH and I shared the Turkey sandwich again.

He got the cucumber salad this time. It was pretty good. I only had a few bites since I was still full from the tea.

For dessert, we got DD a cupcake

DH got a fruit tart

And we got DS cheesecake

It was all good enough. We settled in for the night. It never did rain very much though.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #165
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: