Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #136
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSRMary View Post
Loving your TR! Can't wait to stay at BCV after seeing your pics! And visiting the pool there is a must now! The slushee looked good, but I'm with you - I like mine with Grey Goose... Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Mary !! BCV is wonderful !! Grey Goose would have made it perfect !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Ok, that's pretty cool.

It was pretty funny.

Probably a good idea. I don't think mousekeeping would appreciate it sitting on the counter.

And since mousekeeping doesn't come until mid-week when you stay DVC, it seemed like the best course of action.

I don't understand why your kids are so anti-breakfast, but I guess I'd be willing to trade a good breakfast for mickey ice cream mid morning.

I don't understand either. I can't wait to eat whne I wake up in the morning.

Gatorade is a completely different topic. Gatorade is good

And if I need caffeine, I'd rather have an energy drink than go to Starbucks.

I prefer coffee. Black coffee and lots of it. And I can make my own coffee, I don't need the super expensive super sugary coffee drinks at Starbucks. I have been known to get a black coffee from there, but it usually costs less than $2-$3. Those energy drinks are nasty.

Mental note made for future reference.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #137
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3  Part 3

When I last left off, we had all just ridden Peter Pan and DH and DS were headed back to the resort while me, DD, bestie and her DD headed over to Enchanted Tales with Belle.

This was my first time and DDs first time going to this attraction. Bestie and her DD had done it several times. The wait was only 20 minutes, so we hopped in line. This was around 2 PM. I took some photos of the details while we waited.

We made it to the enchanted mirror and that was really cool.

We then entered the wardrobe room.

This is where parts are chosen. My DD got chosen for Philippe the horse. She was so excited !!

Once we entered the library, the asked us to turn our flashes off so I did.

DD very much enjoyed her role in the play and definitely wants to go back.
We got this bookmark for participating.

After that, we headed through New Fantasyland towards Storybook Circus. DD wanted to ride The Barnstormer.

The wait was over 20 minutes and we were getting close to the time we needed to start heading over to the Grand Floridian for our Afternoon Tea. So they decided to ride the train back to the front. I couldnt get on the train with my scooter, so I just made my own way up to the front of the park to wait for them.

I was a little worried I wouldnt make it through the parade traffic. But I made my way through and found a shady place to wait. My bestie sent me a text saying that someone on the train had passed out and they havent left the station yet. She said that people had come to help her with a stretcher and they were really quick to show up and that was good. We never really knew what happened, but we figured it was because of the heat, because it was really hot. There was concern about whether or not we would make to our ADR on time, but at just the right moment, they made it to the front of the park and we headed over towards the Resort Monorail.

And then on to the Grand Floridian.

We checked in at the podium and waited to be seated.

Next up !! Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian !!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #138
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
And since mousekeeping doesn't come until mid-week when you stay DVC, it seemed like the best course of action
Hadn't even considered that aspect of it. Heck, they might never even know it happened.

Quote:
This was my first time and DDs first time going to this attraction. Bestie and her DD had done it several times. The wait was only 20 minutes, so we hopped in line. This was around 2 PM.
Wow!!! So, I'm going to hope this means that maybe the craziness and hype surrounding this attraction has died down a little so the lines aren't as ridiculous.

Kind of scary about the person on the train, but at least they were able to make it to the front of the park in time to catch your reservation at the GF.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #139
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Hadn't even considered that aspect of it. Heck, they might never even know it happened.

We ll I would have noticed the water everywhere. And since I appear to be injury prone lately, I set it in the sink to melt.

Wow!!! So, I'm going to hope this means that maybe the craziness and hype surrounding this attraction has died down a little so the lines aren't as ridiculous.

I don't know if that is the case or the fact that it was early September when crowds are typically low. We did seem to get lucky with the timing

Kind of scary about the person on the train, but at least they were able to make it to the front of the park in time to catch your reservation at the GF.
Yes, we felt bad for the lady on the train. Her husband was with her and she had two little boys. I hope she was just a little overheated and that she was OK. That would have really put a damper on my vacation if that had happened to me. Thankfully, aside from the typical cold here and there, we have never been sick at Disney.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #140
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Every time we passed Enchanted Tales it was over a 40 minute wait. DH didn't/doesn't want to do anyway. I told him he would HAVE to do it if he has a granddaughter.

We saw a couple of times stretchers coming for people when we were there last month. I don't think a lot of people realize just how hot it is and they dehydrate or end up with sunstroke. I hope whoever it was was okay.

Can't wait to read about your tea (another thing I've never done).
Old 09-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #141
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Every time we passed Enchanted Tales it was over a 40 minute wait. DH didn't/doesn't want to do anyway. I told him he would HAVE to do it if he has a granddaughter.

We saw a couple of times stretchers coming for people when we were there last month. I don't think a lot of people realize just how hot it is and they dehydrate or end up with sunstroke. I hope whoever it was was okay.

Can't wait to read about your tea (another thing I've never done).
The heat never really bothers me much, but we are from the South and we are used to it. We also had Frogg Toggs and lots of water with us. I hope she was OK, too. I think you are right when you say that some people are not prepared for how hot it really is. I think most people look at the temps and see low 90's and think "I can handle low 90's". But low 90's with 100% humidity and a heat index of 105 is a completely different animal. It can really get brutal and you need to be prepared.

This was our first time doing the Tea as well and I was so glad we did it. It was amazing !! I highly recommend !!

Last edited by jecskc; 09-16-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #142
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This was our first time doing the Tea as well and I was so glad we did it. It was amazing !! I highly recommend !!
Maybe I'll suggest it to Mary for our girls trip. There is no way in he double hockey sticks I'll ever get Mark to do it. It was like pulling teeth to get him to tour the Grand Floridian at Christmas...he really detests that resort.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #143
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Maybe I'll suggest it to Mary for our girls trip. There is no way in he double hockey sticks I'll ever get Mark to do it. It was like pulling teeth to get him to tour the Grand Floridian at Christmas...he really detests that resort.
I just love it !! It would be the prefect thing for you to do with Mary and the girls !! I will have the review up tomorrow. There were several little girls there with their mommies when we were there. My DD is super picky and she just loved it !!

I told the boys to rent a water mouse (jet ski type thing) or do something special, too. But they just went back to the resort to take a nap. It was a pretty hot day.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #144
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #146
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3  Part 4

So when I last left you, we had just checked in for the Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Lounge at the Grand Floridian.

We waited about 15 minutes or so to get seated. We got our menus and ordered. Everything was so pretty !

My bestie and I each ordered:

The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea. $29.00 per guest. Iron Horse Cuvee $6.00. Veuve Clicquot $9.00

We both ordered ours with the Iron Horse Cuvee.

Besties DD ordered:

Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. $23.00 per guest.

And my DD ordered:

Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries. $12.00 per guest

And since she is the pickiest child on earth, they let us get apple juice as her tea and since she is allergic to nuts, they gave her all ham and cheese sandwiches.

After ordering our champagne came right out.

It was great, Not too dry and not too sweet.

All of us who got tea chose the English Breakfast Tea.

Imperial English Breakfast - Elegant and refined smooth sweetness. A blend of Ceylon and China Black Teas. Decaf English Breakfast also available.

It came in a pretty pot and had a cozy over it to keep it hot.

After a while our sandwiches came:

I will try to remember these &.. lemme see.

From left to right:

Pear and gorgonzola, chicken curry, smoked salmon, egg salad and cucumber and watercress. And the little round thingy in the back is duck pate, I think and then in front was the onion tart. Hopefully Bestie will chime and let me know if I am wrong.

Anyway, I loved all of this except the smoked salmon. Just not my thing.

DDs sandwiches.

I think she got three altogether. Just ham, cheese and bread. She was happy with that.

After that, our scones came.

My Bestie said that these seemed more like a biscuit than a traditional English scone, but I loved it. There was the scone, a strawberry jam tart and then the lemon curd, Devonshire cream and strawberry preserves. Soo yummy. I love it all !! I especially loved the lemon curd.

And lastly, our pastries were chosen.

I got the swan pastry with orange mousse, I think. And a chocolate éclair.
DD got the swan and a berry terrine  I think.

Besties DD got the swan and a chocolate covered strawberry

And I didnt get a photo of what Bestie got for her pastries. And I cant remember. Perhaps she will let us know.

Anyway, this lasted about an hour and a half. It was paced fairly well and we didnt feel rushed. Our service was excellent as well. We VERY much enjoyed this experience and cant wait to repeat it.

After we were done, Bestie and her DD went off to Magic Kingdom, I think. DD and I stopped at Basin to get her some bath bombs that she loves so much.

Then we went out front and waited for DH to come pick us up. I love the marble in the lobby.

The orchestra plays across the way.

DD and the fancy car outside.

Then DH picked us up and we headed back to Beach Club for some rest.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #147
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I love Tea at the GF. The scones with the lemon curd are my favorite!

Jill in CO
Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #149
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have been wanting to try tea at the GF for awhile. It's on my bucket list. It definitely looks like an enjoyable and yummy way to spend the afternoon.

I remember being there in the summer of 2009 and it was SO hot. Sure enough, in came the stretcher to take someone away from the Speedway. Darn summer heat.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #150
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I don't get the whole energy drink thing. Jason loves them. I'm like meh. Just don't see the pleasure. Plus, I'm not wasting calories on a beverage that is not alcoholic.

The main reason that I'm staying at the Beach Club in May is just for the pool. I'm so excited!

Haha! Putting it in the freezer and making an ice castle. That's pretty cool.

Nice timing with the fastpasses. Cool that you were able to all go on together.

We liked Enchanted Tales with Belle very much. I like the addition.

I am loving the Afternoon Tea! I want to do it. In all my years, still haven't done it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: