Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
pixxi
Mouseketeer

Question adding another day to resort

We are arriving in less than 2 weeks. If I want to add another day to the resort, do I have to pay the day I book it? Or can I pay when I arrive?

Also we have free dining from a bounch back offer. Can I assume I can also add an extra day for that as well?

Our flight ended up being a cheaper option to stay another night so, this is all last minute planning.

Also, will magic bands...I heard about so many issues...will adding a date to the reservation cause problems with the bands? Will we have to rebook fast passes?
pixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixxi View Post
We are arriving in less than 2 weeks. If I want to add another day to the resort, do I have to pay the day I book it? Or can I pay when I arrive?
Depends. If you booked a package, you'll have to pay when you make the change. If it's room only, you pay when you check in.

Quote:
Also we have free dining from a bounch back offer. Can I assume I can also add an extra day for that as well?
As long as the extra day falls withing the bounceback offering period, no problem.

Quote:
Also, will magic bands...I heard about so many issues...will adding a date to the reservation cause problems with the bands?
Nope.

Quote:
Will we have to rebook fast passes?
Nope.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
lizabean
Mouseketeer

extra day

because of flight problems we booked an extra nite and day, we had to book as a seperate booking. because it was only 1 nite we could not extend free dining now we have to check out ,then back in .Remember there is a min 3 nite 4 days for free dining Not so magical day!!!!!
lizabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Our flight ended up being a cheaper option to stay another night so, this is all last minute planning.

Also, will magic bands...I heard about so many issues...will adding a date to the reservation cause problems with the bands? Will we have to rebook fast passes?
You can add the night as long as that night is available under the FD promo. If you are adding at the beginning, that night would have to be included in the FD dates. You would have to pay for that extra night when it's added (pending availability) since it's a package. If it was room only, you could pay it at check in, but since it's a package and you are less than 45 days from arrival, it would be due immediately.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
minniemous
Mouseketeer

We added one day before our trip at about the 35 day mark. I would say the same as what everyone else as said ( if the day falls within the promo period and if they have the availability). I would also add when we wanted to add a day they kept saying no availability (it was within the promo period) I called back two days later and they were able to do it. At first they were trying to get me to move to another room for that one night and if you do that out goes the dining. So if if does not work the first time try again. Oh and definitely you have to pay at time of booking the additional day because you are within the 45 day mark.
minniemous is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: