Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #106
Gambee
Mouseketeer

The duck came with a buke of veggies, Sarah did mention something. Just imagine the amount of time that it takes to roll all of those Bukes with carrots, crazy!

Our server then cleared the table told us not to worry about dessert, that he had everything planned already. First he came out with 3 samplers, let it be said that we barely touched it. We were all going to explode by then, after that he comes out with 3 sundays! Then he told us that the suffles were coming out! We had to stop him there, we barely touched what came out. Although the sunday was fantastic, I loved mine.

So after they brought some barrels to roll us out of the dinning room, we went exploring the stores a little more. I think this was the first time that my mom went inside them. Sarah purchased a shirt for her bf, and I purchased my model ship as well.

Gambee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #107
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Neat t-shirt.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #108
Gambee
Mouseketeer

We then went to the promenade and attempted to play shuffle board, the main problem was that we did not know the rules of the game :D. So let it be said that the game was not successful!

I love the way Disney lights up the water.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #109
Gambee
Mouseketeer

There is a little area outside for smokers, but the wood paneling makes this area extremely hot and humid most of the time.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #110
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Back inside we stopped in the skyline bar, this bar changes the skyline to different cities of the world every so often. This is really a small place, I actually expected it to be much larger when I first read about it. None the less it is a very nice area to have a drink, and enjoy some good company.

Since that night was pirate night, we headed upstairs to see the fireworks. The way Disney does it is that they do a small performance of the pirates taking over the ship, and then we gain control over the vessel again. After that the fireworks go off.

When we got up to the lido deck the place was pretty packed and most everybody had a good place. The fireworks go of the starboard side of the ship, so that is your best bet to get good views of the fireworks.

We were all waiting there for a little, and I then realized that we still had a good wait to go. I left the camera with my mom, and I decided to head over to the adult pool area to relax in the jacuzzi.

While I was in the hot tub, the show started. I could definitely feel the show going, the speakers were at full blast. My mom said that the show part of the fireworks was pretty boring, but Sarah did like it. As for the firework show, mom said that it was better than Breakaways. I saw bits and pieces of it and I have to say that it was better.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #111
Gambee
Mouseketeer

After the show was over my mom and Sarah made it to adult area of the ship. We relaxed there for some time and enjoyed ourselves. I kept hearing really loud music from the main pool area so I decided to go check it out. It was a huge party, and they were actually playing some really good music!

Here is a short video of the party.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #112
Gambee
Mouseketeer

The party was really happening, the ship turns into this huge night club with laser shooting into the sky. It was really cool, I never seen a party like this one on the deck of any ship. I do have to admit that this was one time when I would of loved that the party was adult only kind of situation. But it is understandable why that would be impossible on this ship.

I am not entirely sure how late we stayed there, but it must of been around an hour or so. When we had enough we decided to start heading towards the room. We also wanted to check out the midnight buffet. I have to admit that it was really impressive!

Old 09-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #113
Gambee
Mouseketeer

And yes, my fat *** got a turkey leg…

Old 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #114
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Once in the room I found out that I had definitely pushed the limits of my stomach and got somewhat sick :D. Fortunately it was nothing horrible, but I really should of stopped eating long before that Turkey leg...

We relaxed a little on the balcony and then watch a movie. It was overall a great day, mom got to ride the AquaDuck and Sarah and I had a good day enjoying the mini gold and Foosball.

Disney really do outdo themselves, you can really see why the cruise line does charge a premium for their cruises. I am really anxious to see if I could go on the fantasy in the near future.

Day 2, Ending.

I will now work on day 3 and possibly start posting tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #115
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Disney's Castaway Cay

Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #116
Gambee
Mouseketeer

We woke up to the ship vibrating again and made our way to balcony. It was a gorgeous day.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #117
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Love This picture!

The staff arriving.

Here is a short video from the balcony, such a nice day.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #118
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Lets talk a little about Disney's Castaway Cay. So this is my new favorite private island, there is simply no question about it. While Labadee is nice, it is simply no match for Castaway. And great stirrup cay, is so inferior that it would not be fair to even put them on a challenge. Castaway Cay is very unique, as you can imagine Disney always does everything over the top, and this island follows that format. The way they divide the beaches is just great! We truly enjoyed how tranquil serenity bay was. The food was actually really good as well, as was the service. The entire island is accessible by tram, and all the roads are paved. This little getaway offers so much, that this is actually the first private island that I can say that I really want to back again!

From there is were all the boat shore excursions leave from.

Notice how they tried to disguise their radio tower?

You can rent a bike and go there.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #119
Gambee
Mouseketeer

We just waiting there while the ship docked and we used the internet to try to access one of my mom email accounts.

Here are the plans prices

The internet was extremely fast, the fastest that I have used on a ship. I am not sure if maybe being on the island helped if they were sharing towers? But it was very fast. One thing I did not like was that unlike every other cruise line I have been one once the next minute starts (0:01) they charge you for that entire minute. On all the other cruise lines they charge you when you cross the 0:49 mark. Nothing horrible, but just something to note. In the past I have been able to send emails without paying for a minute at all, that is not possible on Disney.

Sarah mentioned that we should leave early if wanted to get a good spot on the beach. I think she had more knowledge about Disney than I did, there were a few times which she told me some details that I was not aware off. I mean it is pretty common sense to get early and get a good spot on the beach, but it was other things particularly related to Disney.

I remember having a killer migraine that morning. But I believe I got rid of it fairly fast that day. So we got ready, but mom and I decided to skip breakfast that morning. I was still recovering from everything that ate the night before… Trust me it was pretty bad, and since my mom rarely eats in the morning she also decided to skip that meal. Sarah went to the buffet and grabbed a light breakfast for herself. I believe I just sat on the balcony and enjoyed some tunes and the ocean breeze.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #120
Gambee
Mouseketeer

After Sarah ate her breakfast, she left the room to go down.

They have a towel stand, and they will give you as many towels as you need.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: