Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #151
Gambee
Mouseketeer

We just relaxed by pool with a few drinks and some ice cream.

Mom asked for some ice cream, but I bit the end of it :D.

I had a strawberry one.

And this is what happens when you stay in the water for so long :D

Gambee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #152
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Since it had cool down a little, I went to the room to change to the Fish eye lens to do the ship tour. I found this little guy waiting for us.

Video Tour of the Disney Dream

Ok folks here is the video tour. You owe to yourself to watch it. I take about an hour out of my cruise just to do this set of videos, and I am very proud of them.

Not only that, but these videos help you understand the layout of the ship as well as get any information that I forgot to type in here.

Please watch then =)

Just click on the pictures.

Part 1 of 5

Part 2 of 5

Part 3 of 5

Part 4 of 5

Part 5 of 5

That is it for now folks, I hope you enjoy the videos.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #153
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed your TR. We were on the Fantasy last summer for 7 nights, so it was quite familiar to me. I was curious what a three night be like -- seems so so short!

I will check out your other TRs on other cruise lines, I'm in withdrawal mode from our Mediterranean cruise on the Magic last month.
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #154
Gambee
Mouseketeer

I guess I took some fisheye pictures during the video tour and here they are. As much as some people hate that lens, I have to say that is my favorite creative lens. I think I made the right decision at selling the ultra-wide lens. But I am very happy that I never considered selling the fisheye lens.

Crazy how straight the tube came out,

Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #155
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Would you believe me if I said that I just noticed the rainbow right now? I swear to you, how crazy is that?

We all went back to the room and relaxed for a little while. Sarah wanted to see the last show, so she got ready to head to to Theater. When she came out she started Browsing through the TV and noticed that they stream the show live. So she decided to see it in the TV instead. I watched parts of it, but honestly is the same as any other show, singing, dancing, stages, etc. You know by now that I really could care less about shows, maybe on a longer cruise. But honestly I think I rather be watching something like "Planes" or "Monsters University". It is really odd, I am not entirely sure why I dislike shows so much. Possibly all the singing, I can't do musical movies either. I do however enjoy live comedy shows, specially the rated R ones :D.

Anyway I guess at some point either before or after Sarah watched the Show. I got a video of the TV system aboard the Disney Dream, their movie selection is incredible!

Here it is,

Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #156
Gambee
Mouseketeer

I think in the mean time my mom was getting ready. As usual I grabbed my computer and played some music outside, while I worked on my pictures. I also took a few more pictures.

Fishing boat in the distance.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #157
Gambee
Mouseketeer

I was in the process of getting long sequence video. I did get it but it was just boring so I decided not to post it.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #158
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Then I got ready and we headed to Animators Palate. A funny story happened here. My mother and Sarah were walking ahead of me, and I was just slightly behind them. In between us there were two little girls, the girls were walking towards their father who was ahead of them. I guess I was walking with my drink when one of the girls suddenly stopped out of nowhere. I could not stop in time and I bumped into her just slightly. As I bumped into her, a little of my drink spilled on her head, I almost died. I don't think she noticed, since she just kept walking and then jumping. It was then that I figured they were playing some kind of game.

So anyway we all started walking again, and a little boy comes running out of his room. He was nervous and disoriented, I guesshe must of thought that I was his father because he grabbed my leg and held on it. I was unsure of what was going on… I said hi to him, and he just looked at me. Then I noticed the father of the girls just laughing and he said something like " He found a new daddy". He was his father as well, everything happened so fast that I trying to figure out what was going on. Eventually he let go and made a dash towards his father. It was a funny little event, my mom and Sarah had a quick laugh on it.

Anyway I guess eventually we made it to Animators Palate. I have to admit this is by far my favorite restaurant. It just follows the disney concept in every way possible. It is just a very a fun restaurant.

Those are all screens and they change as the dinner goes on

Old 09-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #159
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Just look at those chairs and the carpet.

Check out all the details,

Old 09-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #160
Gambee
Mouseketeer

The menu

Old 09-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #161
Gambee
Mouseketeer

So as the dinner starts they dim the restaurant, and a little movie plays. The Characters move from screen to screen, and crush interacts with some people. Usually kids, I never saw him interacting with any adults. It is kind of like the Nemo ride on Epcot center, but with dinner included. Very neat!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #162
Gambee
Mouseketeer

The restaurant is beautifully lit.

Here is a short video before they dim the restaurant.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #163
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Sarah and I got the Truffle pasta and my mom got the Risotto, everything was fantastic!

Then our server insisted that we get salad and soup. I think it is because of timing for the show in the restaurant, they have to keep everyone there for a certain amount of time and we usually eat very fast.

Mom got the avocado salad, it was not on the menu, but our server told us it would be no problem. My mom was happy that this time it actually came with some avocado, although not that much. I got some sort of soup, it was good I guess. And Sarah got another salad, honestly I am not sure what we got.

Notice the plate is different on my moms salad.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #164
Gambee
Mouseketeer

In between meals the cartoons pass around the screens, very cute.

Crush interacting.

Ok so for dinner I got the veal trio, it was just ok. I actually liked the pasta in bottom the best.

Sarah got the Ginger Beef, tasted nothing like Ginger. It was the best out of the 3 dishes.

And mom got the low carb beef dish. It was good.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #165
Gambee
Mouseketeer

For dessert our server pulled the same little stunt as the day before and got us all 2 desserts.

I am never a fan of these samplers on cruise ships. They are usually below par.

The chocolate sunday was pretty good

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: